[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy fuck you guys. Why did nobody tell me these fucking gam
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: WOLFENSTEINBREH.png (963 KB, 1119x791) Image search: [Google]
WOLFENSTEINBREH.png
963 KB, 1119x791
Holy fuck you guys. Why did nobody tell me these fucking games were so good?

Just finished The Old Blood right after beating New Order. Seriously, this is the best FPS I've played in years.

I would trust MachineGames to make Half Life 3 over fucking Valve, goddamn.

Best song?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TG_ZEovDDKk
>>
I liked the song for the credits in TNO the best
>>
Because they're not good. Only good thing about the game is the ways enemies react to being shot. It's really fucking boring outside of that and idtech5 (or the way that the devs use it) is just miles behind most other games/engines and feels like I'm playing a game from a decade ago.
>>
>>319630271

Yeah I was surprised how good it was too. It's my favorite current gen, even though it's multi platform. I especially liked the gunplay and the challenge of the game
>>
File: 1448695384382.png (4 KB, 210x229) Image search: [Google]
1448695384382.png
4 KB, 210x229
>>319630405
Figures a graphicsfag would be the person who doesn't like the game.
>>
>>319630405

Well, I think they were trying to give it that old school feel on purpose. In particular, non regenerating health, having to manually pick up items with a key and the boss fights.
>>
>>319630481
Graphics was only part of my issue with the game. It's just boring. It's a pretty stock standard linear shooter. I don't see how people think it does anything out of the ordinary. It even has that shitty method of leaning that's based around controllers where you hold a button and use the movement keys to lean.
>>
>>319630271
>Those Cutscenes
>The Music
Honestly it easily took the spot for my favorite FPS. Still gotta try The Old Blood
>>
>>319630575
Nigga steam sale The Old Blood goes down to like 5-10 bucks.

The ending made me goddamn tear up.
>>
>>319630271
>Why did nobody tell me these fucking games were so good?

What? There's been numerous threads about these on /v/ alone, how is it possible you missed every one of those?
>>
>>319630575

If you like TNO, then definitely try the old blood, especially if you liked the shootings do the gunplay of the original as the older blood is more action packed and has less character development
>>
File: 1310497836236.png (386 KB, 667x670) Image search: [Google]
1310497836236.png
386 KB, 667x670
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiTn4j7gVvY

Video games arent supposed to make me cry you fucks.
>>
>>319630271
The main menu theme was good.
Also, The New Order really reminded me of HL2 with that resistance hideout. Felt like a rip-off of Kleiner's lab or Black Mesa East.
It's enjoyable shooter altogether, but nothing to be all that excited about. Not enough weapon types too.
>>
>>319630651
>>319630723
I know it's cheap I just gotta get around to it. I'm trying to play a game with a strong story first before I play anything else. Been in kind of a bind recently when it comes to games
>>
>>319630924

While their is less of a focus on story in the old blood it's still there and it's decent, definitely far better than most FPS stories.

If you're in a bind then that is another reason to get the expansion. There are so many weapons and so many ways to reach objectives that replaying the game is a must
>>
File: Wolfenstein_(2009_video_game).jpg (36 KB, 256x318) Image search: [Google]
Wolfenstein_(2009_video_game).jpg
36 KB, 256x318
Am I the only one who liked Wolfenstein 2009 better? It wasn't amazing or anything, but I thought there was better gameplay and weapons than TNO.
>>
>>319633832
Has Raven ever made a bad FPS?
>>
>>319630271
Don't ever listen to vee anon
playing Old blood on death march was pretty fun
>>
>>319633832
Best gunplay i've ever seen and the gunshotwounds and impact feel really good. Really underrated game.
>>
>>319633932
Death march? Does it have different difficulty settings than The New Order?
Anyway, FPS games often have a tendency of being actually less enjoyable on higher difficulty. Because enemies with hitscan weapons can simply outdamage you, forcing you into the cover based playstyle, instead of going gun blazing.
>>
>>319633906
soldiers of fortune 2
>>
>>319634113
But it was fucking awesome. Or am I thinking of the first SoF game?
>>
>>319634158
you might.
or you just might thinking of SoF2's multiplayer which was pretty nice.
but the solo part of SoF2 was just awful.
>>
>>319630271
If you say so OP

Personally it didn't deliver on the hype for me
>>
>>319630570
i love health kits
i started not too long ago on Uber since i beat Wolf3D and Spear on death incarnate.

one thing i learned was fucking health management, same with Doom on ultra violence. you don't just gobble that shit up like a retard, you pick and choose when to take it based on the situation ahead
>>
>>319634247
The campaign was pretty shit, especially those stealth missions.

The dynamic mission generator made up for that. And no game to this day has matched the level of gore technology in that game.
>>
>>319634014

Nothing can quite match the feeling of kicking in a door and spraying a room full of Nazis with an MP40, and then smashing the skull of the officer upstairs with a sledgehammer.
>>
>>319634084
shit i meant the new order
I didn't play the old blood but i would guess they're the same since old blood is considered an expasion
>>
File: 1426528004646.png (511 KB, 512x452) Image search: [Google]
1426528004646.png
511 KB, 512x452
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaUoGMyFliM
>>
>>319633832
I'm not entirely sure which I like more, honestly, but I did love Wolf09. I liked the Thule Medallion gimmick, finding motherfucking Tomes of Power, hubs are my fetish, and the Particle Cannon is one of the most satisfying guns in the genre.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.