[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You're the new president of nintendo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8
File: NintyLogo.jpg (46 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
NintyLogo.jpg
46 KB, 1024x768
How do you make nintendo a leading game company again?
>>
cover everything in memes
>>
Simple. Just don't use outdated hardware in the next console.
>>
Diversify our partnerships, work with companies like Mercedes, Facebook, Universal and Moschino to bring Nintendo branding over to various audiences' awareness.

I would also look to build UP currently existing software titles with add-on content, rather than having more software developed alongside it.

I would probably take time to release the next hardware and work on expanding network services, removing region locking and integrating handheld and home console hardware together for ease of development.
>>
>>319626853

I make a generic coverbased shooter featuring a square-jawed white protagonist and then I market the hell out of it to the 13-18 year old demographic. Rinse and repeat every year until money flows like water and video games are finally dead.
>>
>>319626853
get a modern online solution
>>
>>319626853
>Ban censoreship
>make an actual console
>make good games again
>>
>>319626853
uhhh start warning adults that their pedophiles if they buy a console used by children
>>
>>319626853
As president of Nintendo, I will decree this will be the new way we decide anything ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz-PtEJEaqY
>>
>>319627848
Stupid embed blocking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u40mJ_ls5VE
>>
Sell to Sony.
>>
>>319626853
They might not be selling the most amount of consoles, but they are making more money from Amiibos!
>>
>>319627971
spoken like a true pedophile
>>
>>319626853
>do everything I can to get third-parties on board
>fucking market our shit
>actually pay attention to what hardcore Nintendo fans want
>buy a shitton of Western developers, like Shin'en, Wayforward, some major AAA Western gaming studio for WRPGs and shooters
>>
File: phil-spencer-new-mugshot.png (195 KB, 900x256) Image search: [Google]
phil-spencer-new-mugshot.png
195 KB, 900x256
>>319627307
ay famzz let me buy you
>>
>Bring back the Wave Race and 1080 Snowboarding series
>Invest more in western developers.
>Fire Treehouse.
>Hire a better marketing team.
>Actually stock amiibos
>Start making new IPs. Splatoon was a massive step in the right direction
>>
Here's what i'd do

-Release NX with better hardware than ps4
-Online features up to standard with current gen systems
-Good launch titles as well as excellent backlog of VC games
-A normal controller
-3rd party support
-awesome lauch titles, new zelda, mario, metroid
>>
>>319628271
>Actually stock amiibos
>Start making new IPs. Splatoon was a massive step in the right direction

They don't need another Iwata, thanks.
>>
>>319626853
>drop out of hardware
>focus on making great software
>make more money than ever by having god-tier games on systems people own, with no hardware to sink our profits.
>>
>Sell everything to Sony. That way their IPs can remain relevant in the capable hands of Naughty Dog and Sony Santa Monica.
>>
Stop making consoles.
Stop making amiibos.

Done, I've fixed the company.
>>
>>319628435
>Implying that Nintenndo doesn't need fresh blood with new ideas.
>>
>>319626853
Sell my part of the company and let other people deal with it, thank the op for the free shekels and maybe donate a random game code on /v/ every week
>>
>>319628435
>still supporting amiibos

Nah, fuck off. Stupid cunt.
>>
File: 1449105248865.gif (1 MB, 174x188) Image search: [Google]
1449105248865.gif
1 MB, 174x188
>>319628597
This. Imagine an f-zero game made by Studio Liverpool.

God why can't Nintenshit die faster? Is there anything we can do to speed up the process? Let's rally sjw's against Nintendo or something.
>>
File: 1447142478274.jpg (1 MB, 1417x1417) Image search: [Google]
1447142478274.jpg
1 MB, 1417x1417
>fund ports of EA, Activision, Ubisoft, Rockstar games.
>fund marketing so you see the Nintendo logo during the NFL commercial for AAA game commercials
>fund localization of promising Japanese video games
>no gimmick controller
>proper account system
>make the entire NES-Wii U library available digitally, including portable
>embrace weekly digital flash sales that go lower than 30%
>fire meme localizers
>strict anti-censorship policy
>universal voice chat
>NX console can upscale/play NX portable titles to avoid 1st party software droughts
>region-free
>scoop up Kojima, allow Sakurai to make an original IP, outsource dormant IP to proven developers and promising devs
>license popular IP like Mario, Zelda, Splatoon, Fire Emblem, Metroid to make anime, manga, figures, cartoon, movies, and general merchandize available at a number of retailers

That's just off the top of my head.
>>
>>319628993
Studio Liverpool has been closed for years dude.
>>
>>319628993
>This. Imagine an f-zero game made by Studio Liverpool.

Studio Liverpool is gone, anon. You think Nintendo's studios have got it bad? Sony's studios are all but nonexistent.
>>
>>319626853
Marketing. After that the sky is the limit.
>>
>>319626853
Force NoA to only minimize their localizations as much as they can and make them translations.

Then maybe /v/ would buy the game.s
>>
release every game on PC
>>
>>319626853
>Just don't use outdated hardware in the next console.

But thats the signature trait of a console
>>
>>319626853
>make the next console with great graphics, no more limitations
>no more missing out on multiplats
>no more gimmicks like amiibos or the game pad
>regular ass controller and fall in line with everyone else
>get some good survival horror games (shades of Gamecube)
>don't hang onto the 'for kids' image
>have a team do HD remakes for older games like Mario 64, Super Metroid, Zelda, ect.
>do you damndest to bring Kojima, Del Toro, and Reedus in to make a game
>>
>make a crossover with hasbro
>create animal crossing x mlp
>rake in money with amiibos and expansions
>>
File: 1449724047855.jpg (87 KB, 1076x743) Image search: [Google]
1449724047855.jpg
87 KB, 1076x743
>>319626853
Make the next console a modular console like project ara that has two versions Home and Portable with same modules to allow easy upgrading. And create a developer ecosystem like PC has (i.e computer parts, applications, games and extra). Lastly, never ever release a console and a handheld after that.

Ditch the amiibo products and replace them with actual toys and merchandise like in the old days.

Bring back the aggressive marketing as from the old days.

Bring back the old and unused IPs and recreate/fix them.

Ditch localizations, and only do the translations of other lanaguages.

Try make some games to appeal to a older audience. Metorid, Zelda, Metroid, Star Fox would work the best.

Try to make the games appeal to everyone and age-specific groups (i.e Childern, teens, adults and elderly) rather than focusing on only kids.

Ditch Nintendo Account make a new online network similar to Xbox Live and Playstation Network.

Ditch Miiverse and create a entirely new social platform that combines the private aspect of swapnote and the social aspect of Miiverse.

Make sure that most games have a online gameplay to prevent them from becoming stale
>>
Is anyone else worried by the fact that Kimishima claimed the WiiU would flop, but not because the hardware and name were awful?
>>
>>319627196
So then they'll have a more expensive console that doesn't sell?
>>
Undertale on 3ds and wiiu
>>
>>319626853
Make great games like Nintendo used to, not just mediocre ones.
>>
Marketing

/thread
>>
>abandon developing hardware
>stop being jews with VC prices
>start working on PC releases and releases for the leading console in Japan since no PC there
>new expansion for Hyrule Warriors, PC only, adds Oracle of Seasons/Ages, Minish Cap and Link to the Past characters, plus the Old Man from Legend of Zelda and the Four Swords as a weapon for Link.
>make sure all PC ports have extra bonus features and characters that are never added to the old console versions so fans get the clue to move on
>Balloon Fighter in next Smash as a tribute to Iwata
>personally oversee development of next Smash so Sakurai doesn't make it MUGEN tier
>create new Vegas Stakes, Pilotwings and Tomodachi games
>new Animal Crossing for the PC with consistent free updates
>stop using underhanded tactics on our consumers
>fire NoA localization, but keep Bill Trinen. Focus on translating and preserving creators intent. Some cultural adjustments may be made, but overall if a game comes off as very Japanese-y or is set in Japan, it can be that way. Kids today understand there's another country called Japan and can grasp what rice balls are.
>limit Reggie's public appearances, or outright fire him, will need to learn more once in position
>no more Nintendo Directs, just announce things when they're ready to be announced like every other fucking company, no drought of nothing, getting people hyped for a Direct and then being so disappointed with it they start doing mental gymnastics to be hyped about it
>allow companies to license IPs we have no interest in reviving, like Earthbound, Golden Sun, Custom Robo etc.
>collaborate with ArcSystem works to create a River City Ransom MMO
>scrap amiibos holy shit
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 640x483) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 640x483
It isn't possible, all the casuals moved to mobileshit and nothing can make them return. So I would make shitty casual mobile games to milk casuals for the company to stay afloat.
On the console side, I'd replace NoA with actually competent translators, make a non-NSMB 2D mario game, remove amiibo features from future games(in turn making them into cheaper collectibles figures), fucking advertise the games and the consoles, make the NX not have shit specs, and just make it a dedicated home console with good compatibility with the next handheld, the Nintendo Super DS, which has no dumb gimmicks dual screens are great fuck you and a good launch selection.

Of course, it's completely impossible to surpass 7th gen's success so I'd rather try to make the close fans happy, even if just for a little longer
>>
File: 1438379692206.jpg (50 KB, 580x725) Image search: [Google]
1438379692206.jpg
50 KB, 580x725
Sell the company to the superior company, Sony.
>>
Stop releasing hardware that's completely different than the other systems so 3rd parties would actually make games for their systems
>>
File: lazy.png (469 KB, 527x686) Image search: [Google]
lazy.png
469 KB, 527x686
go back to the mentality of the nes-gamecube era when we weren't lazy as fuck and knew content was important
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.