[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, apparently they removed Scott Pilgrim vs The Wrold from Steam,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: kim blam.jpg (22 KB, 500x313) Image search: [Google]
kim blam.jpg
22 KB, 500x313
So, apparently they removed Scott Pilgrim vs The Wrold from Steam, Xbox live, and PSN. I recently got an itch to play it again and I've just acquired a functional xbox 360. I can obviously download my old profile, on which I had purchased the game. Will I somehow have access to it, or at least have my account credited from the purchase?
>>
Yes. If it's in your download history, it's yours.
>>
>Game was removed due to use of Nintendo assets
FUCKING THANKS NINTENDO
>>
>>319599550
Really? Took 'em a while to get that done huh?
>>
>>319599157
I kinda forgot I had this game. Definitely gonna fire this up and re beat it.
>>
>>319599157
Yeah it's a shame because I love that game. I got the Knives DLC but now I'll never get around to picking up the Wallace DLC and THIS is why I wish it had gotten a physical release. It's still on my PS3 but how long until PS3 dies and if Sony has shut down the online functions by that time then it's gone.. forever. I can't just go down to the local pawnshop and replace it.
>>
>>319599157
That's the one thing you can't give Microsoft shit for. If you purchased a game or DLC on a 360 you can always re-download it through your download history even if it gets removed. I'm not sure if that's the case for the Xbone since I don't own one.

Makes me wish the Silent Hills demo was released on Xbox...
>>
It was never on Steam unfortunately, there was no PC version at all
Sucks because it'd be way easier to download than the 360 or PS3 versions
Same thing with 3D Ultra Minigolf 2
>>
>>319599157
You should still have access to it. For those that want to play it, and never got the chance. I think Gamestop still sells the online codes.
>>
>>319599157
Just pirate that shit like the rest of us

>>319599719
Not even, the game was taken down before because Universal didn't feel like keeping up with the royalties. Then the game got put on Steam and now history repeats itself.
>>
>>319600918
can you get codes for the DLC?
>>
>>319599157
It was never on steam.
>>
>>319601123
did you fucking pirate it or not?
>>
>>319601364
No I bought it on PSN years ago. I just didn't get all the DLC which I wanted
>>
>>319601640
Then go fucking pirate the shitty DLC then
>>
>>319601731
And restart the game from scratch? nothanks.jpg
>>
Alright, cool. Good to know I'll still have access. I'm guessing I can't buy the DLC now, huh?
>>
>>319599157
>Steam

Was this game on Steam? How come I didnt knew this? I'm gonna kill myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUHarbdRj5Q
>>
>>319603012
It wasn't but it really should be.
>>
Why couldn't they delete "The Interview?"
>>
File: Capture.png (41 KB, 705x109) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
41 KB, 705x109
>>319603105
But it is
>>
>>319603758
Oh I thought you were talking about Scott Pilgrim, my bad.
>>
>>319603935
Nope, but I agree, should have had a PC release
I think it already runs on a 360 emulator, actually. But there's no sound so whats the point
>>
File: 1433274175180.gif (472 KB, 500x277) Image search: [Google]
1433274175180.gif
472 KB, 500x277
>Licensed game
>Outsourced last-minute to random Chinese devs who made the whole fucking thing in five months despite never having shipped a game before (source: http://www.siliconera.com/2013/02/04/the-story-of-scott-pilgrim-vs-the-world-the-game-and-how-it-was-made-in-just-5-months/)
>Somehow manages to turn out good, against all odds
>Jewbisoft refuses to pay them to make netcode, instead just says "it's MEANT to be couch only! It's more fun that way!"
>Netcode patch finally comes out TWO AND A HALF YEARS after release, and Ubisoft have the nerve to charge for it as well
>Predictably, zero people buy it
>Netcode DLC is only up for a few months before the game is pulled from all digital marketplaces because Ubisoft couldn't be bothered paying licensing fees and Anamanaguchi were moaning about not getting enough royalties
>Rock solid game with huge potential vanished into the aether like it never existed at all

This fuckin' industry.
>>
>>319599157

Wait, it was on Steam?
>>
Just played some with my lil sis earlier tonight, great game, sad to know so many people will never play it.
>>
File: 2NKC6[1].png (143 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
2NKC6[1].png
143 KB, 500x600
>>319599157

Doesn't FUCKING Gamestop still sell it on their site? Yes Yes they do. Buy it before it's gone. There are only so many keys left, it can sell out.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/scott-pilgrim-vs-the-world-ultimate-edition/108758

Looking into buying a cheap PS3 to have it modded as well so I can preserve this gem as long as I can.
>>
File: 1449511103532.jpg (64 KB, 710x720) Image search: [Google]
1449511103532.jpg
64 KB, 710x720
we lost this and what else?
Marvel v Capcom 2 HD
Marvel vs Capcom collection
X Men arcade (Konami)
the Simpsons Arcade

feels bad man
>>
>>319607004
Think I can pull a PT "rare game" and sell it for 3 times it's worth?
>>
>>319607876
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure HD
>>
>>319599157
I remember when /v/ hated this "hipster" shit.

What happened?
>>
>>319609441
/v/ never hated the game you fucking liar. The film? sure. That was shit but the game was loved on /v/ and you obviously weren't around for the threads that we had back when it was released.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.