[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happened?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: shadowrun-xbox-360.jpg (386 KB, 1280x1784) Image search: [Google]
shadowrun-xbox-360.jpg
386 KB, 1280x1784
Why did this game not catch on enough to produce a sequel or something? One of the best balanced games created right out of the box and it even had competitive support for a while.

Did /v/ play shadowrun?
>>
Yes, I fucking loved it.

I wonder what happened too.

I've literally never played a better multiplayer game in my entire life.
>>
>>319594878
Enjoyed the game but Microsoft shut down the developer before they could add more maps and patch the game.
>>
>>319594878
>played the demo
>"I'll buy this one day"
>PC version has GFWL
>"I'll pirate this one day"
>forget about the game entirely

that game was fun...
>>
>>319595057
The game just had no bullshit and nothing was overpowered. It had teleportation, flying, snare spells and other redic shit but still managed to keep everything in check with a CS-like money system. High skill cap too.
>>319595139
Also, even though the game was supported on both PC and Xbone, you couldn't play with each other.

Still, did the game not sell enough? With the wild success of things like TF2, why hasn't this been revisted? Not casual enough?
>>
>There will never be another game where you go around draining the mana of your enemies as a knee high Dwarf and kill them by either shotgunning them in the dick or use the katana and make them bleed out causing them to either die or take up the mana of their allies

>>319595518
When it first came out the selling point was the cross-play since Microsoft was pushing it at that time but it turns out that the best console players were getting trashed by the average PC player so they ended up dropping the cross-play. That and GFWL is fucking garbage and they never updated it to not be shit.
>>
Required Vista and used GFWL when you had to pay to play online

It had no chance.
>>
>>319595771
Yeah its no secret FPSs are easier to play with a mouse.

I guess it didn't help that Halo 3 and COD:4 were released at a relatively similar time and were wildly more popular FPSs.
>>
>>319594878
It barely represented shadowrun
It was missing an important race and some of the awesome cybernetics.
A fps shadowrun that stays true to the lore and has a dnd like mode would be pretty good
>>
>>319594878
They had to nerf the PC players something fierce to make the playing field even.
>>
>>319594878
>hey guys i have a great idea
>let's make a game where PC players and console players can play against each other
>that's great, make sure its an FPS
>console players get whipped around like bitches by Mice
every time, wonder if they will revisit the Idea with something the Mouse doesn't BTFO gamepads at
>>
>>319594878
Not only that, it even spawned 3 shitty RPG spin offs.

I just want a proper sequel.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.