[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Most disappointing sequel thread Very pic related >good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
Most disappointing sequel thread

Very pic related

>good music though
>>
I thought it was fun and clever in its own way. Some of the concepts they explore with Gabriel as Dracula and his laments from his human days are very well developed and portrayed.

That initial scene when he first encounters his wife is fucking spectacular, and some of the best emotional drama in a video game.
>>
STALKER Clear Sky

I absolutely love the concept and the gameplay potential, but christ on a cracker it's the buggiest game I've ever played.
>>
the phantom pain
>>
>Dragon form is essentially a cutscene
>modern setting
>You don't fight Satan directly
>unfocused plot
>>
>>319580376
I've read the leader of the dev team thought fighting Satan directly would have been oh, so cliché! he also is the one who ruined everything from what I understood.
I'm still so sad the game turned out like that, the first one was pretty good.
best part of the game were probably the trials.
>>
>>319581157
Best trailer ever too, no joke.
>>
File: 1449118817322.png (515 KB, 880x699) Image search: [Google]
1449118817322.png
515 KB, 880x699
By "sequel" do you mean the second game in the series? Otherwise every installment that's not the first can be considered a sequel to its preceding game

Anyway, Chrono Cross
>>
Condemned 2

It started off so well and even was better than the first game for a while, then the second half just pissed away all the mystery and intrigue

>those crazed bums? IT WAS ALL THOSE FUCKING TRANSMITTERS, DESTROY THEM
>HOPE YOU WEREN'T ENJOYING THE MORE INTRICATE CRIME SCENES, HAVE SOME LA NOIRE LINEAR SHIT
>DESPERATE FIGHTS WITH LIMITED ARMAMENTS? HAVE SOME MAGIC POWERS INSTEAD

It still hurts 7 years later.
>>
File: Mesa.gif (895 KB, 230x173) Image search: [Google]
Mesa.gif
895 KB, 230x173
>>319580376

I wanted to play a dracula game, killing belmonts, burning villages, impaling priests on stakes.

And yet all I got was a edgy belmont simulator, forced stealth sections even in the end game, modern setting that will never work well in castlevania.

I wanted to feel powerful, to feel like motherfucking dracula, but the game never allows you to have any fun, in one cutscene you literally crawls on the ground begging for mercy while some lv 1 necromancer whips your asshole raw you with his dick.

And they had to use the same villain from the first game, a villain that was whipped into submission like a little bitch by a human.
>>
>>319583165
Damn it felt so bad when I had to stealth around.
It's like they didn't get what making a DRACULA game is supposed to entail.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.