[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we talk about how boring and dull Far Cry Primal looks so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: fcprimal.jpg (13 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
fcprimal.jpg
13 KB, 275x183
Can we talk about how boring and dull Far Cry Primal looks so far? The combat system is laughable, and taming animals is a joke. They really couldn't think of a more interesting way to tame a sabertooth than to put some meat on the ground, hold square for a few seconds and BOOM, animal tamed? Ridiculous.
>>
Anything else would mean theyd have to change too much stuff from Far Cry 4
>>
I wish they went with Wild West Far Cry
>>
>>319577941

>FarCry with dinosaurs wins the survey
>Here's Far Cry with hairy elephants XD

fuck ubicocks
>>
>>319577941
The problem with Ubisoft games specifically is they all play the same in their series.

So this is already an issue in terms of fatigue, but to then release one per year, it gets much harder to keep people interested.

Though those games still sell rather well so I don't think that sounds like it fits.
>>
>Can we talk about how boring and dull Far Cry Primal looks so far?
You mean like every game Ubishit releases?
This industry needs a fucking crash already.
>>
>>319577941
it looks like a casual Ark
>>
You know what would be really interesting new mechanics here? Climbing structures to get maps of their immediate surroundings and skinning animals to craft various pouches
>>
>>319579363
>cave painting skill tree
>>
>>319577941
Is it true that they chose this bullshit over a vampire hunter setting?
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 640x358) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 640x358
>>319577941
I am still mad that there are no South American ice age era animals in the game but there are goddamn Jaguars and badgers. I will post this in every farcry primal thread and you can't stop me.
>>
Just fucking give us Blood Dragon 2, godfuckingdamnit.
>>
>>319577941

It's literally Far Cry 4 in a different setting, what were you expecting from Ubisoft?
>>
>>319578075

I wish they tried to make something new and interesting for once.
>>
There is definitely not enough games set in some times way before medieval, I may enjoy it just because of that.
>>
File: 1399664462084.jpg (205 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
1399664462084.jpg
205 KB, 1200x675
>>319579939
Superior giant prehistoric mammal coming through
>>
>>319582332

How awesome would a GTA set in classic Rome or Greece be.
>>
>>319582627
Grand Theft Chariot, would play
>chariot races
>corruption all around
>mostly close combat, or just bows
>being a spy/secret agent of another kingdom trying to fuck shit up
>>
>>319577941
yeah looks like this is it, the AC3 of farcry

or whenever it was that you specifically got fatigued of AC games.

the premise has so much fucking potential for new mechanics and gameplay but they just refuse to do anything but reskin existing mechanics.

and taming animals is the stupidest fucking gimmick for something that looks like it's suppose to be grounded and not high fantasy.
>>
>>319577941
agreed, looks boring as hell. When are they gonna start innovating and using new game mechanics?
>>
>>319583090

Is this the point where Ubisoft starts releasing two Far Cry games every year?
>Far Cry: wild west
>Far Cry: Victorian (aka AC syndicate with guns)
>Far Cry: dinosaur island
>Far Cry: 2280 AD
>Far Cry: LOTR edition
>Far Cry: Cold War
>Far Cry: Aztec
>>
>>319578093
>>319578075
http://www.designntrend.com/articles/65906/20151203/assassins-creed-far-cry-ubisoft-wild-west-game-montana-rumor.htm

Wild West Far Cry is coming, either 2017 or 2018. The survey didn't mention Primal's setting, so Primal had already been decided on before they sent out the survey, which was for Primal's sequel.
>>
>>319583540
>Far Cry: 2280 AD

i'd play it
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.