[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
which distro do you use for games when you use linux to play
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image0017.jpg (27 KB, 608x414) Image search: [Google]
image0017.jpg
27 KB, 608x414
which distro do you use for games when you use linux to play games

what do you play?

what can you just not get to work at all no matter what you do?
>>
Too early in the day, OP
>>
>>319568885
oh no, what will I ever do without shitposters from the west coast!!!!!111
>>
>>319568748
>mandriva
>no arch
>>
>which distro do you use for games when you use linux to play games
I used to use Gentoo (and originally RedHat and then Fedora before it) but about 1.5 years ago I decided it's not as well-maintained anymore as I'd like and since I don't like Arch, I just said "fuck it" and went with "It Just Werks" kind of distro, Mint.

Ultimately, the choice of distribution isn't very important as you use the same software anyway. Your ability to play vidya isn't affected either.

>What do you play
Primarily strategy/tactics games and RPGs (roguelikes in particular). For example, during the ongoing month I've played Dominions 4, Conquest of Elysium 4, UnReal World, NetHack, Ultimate General: Gettysburg and Empire: Total War (native games) and World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade (on Corecraft test server) and Europa Universalis 3: Divine Wind through Wine.

>what can you just not get to work at all no matter what you do?
The only games I've wanted to play but couldn't have been The Witcher 3 and Artificial Academy 2 (I set up Windows dualboot to play through TW3, Artificial Academy allegedly works with some patch to Wine but I don't want to spend effort in order to fap so I haven't tried).
>>
>which distro do you use for games when you use linux to play games
Mostly use Kali Linux for penetration testing and getting free wifi, use Fedora Core for regular stuff.
>what do you play
mostly roguelikes, since it's on a laptop
>>
>>319569732
>using arch

>>319569746
what DE do you use? I just quit mint for Lubuntu because cinnamon would crash when I used steam, and something about xfce caused alsa audio to play dead air / static with my headphones and mint wouldn't play any sound over hdmi at all

I've also never gotten spaceengine 0.9.7.2 or later to work
>>
>>319570547
KDE
>>
>>319568748
>linux distros named after hats
it's like a self fulfilling profecy
>>
None. I have Windows 7 on my desktop for gaming and Arch Linux on my laptop for work and browsing.
>>
OSX running Parallels of Windows 7
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.