[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
General Splinter Cell thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7
File: original.jpg (228 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
228 KB, 960x540
General Splinter Cell thread.
>>
File: 1440533328650.jpg (775 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
1440533328650.jpg
775 KB, 1500x1000
I'd love to replay SC1 and SC:PT but no-one seeds them torrents.
>>
>>319566334
Didn't Tom Clancy have some actual input on the games? What's going to happen now that he's dead?
>>
File: splinter-cell.png (2 MB, 1108x1840) Image search: [Google]
splinter-cell.png
2 MB, 1108x1840
>>319566334
I made this last week
>>
>>319567196
Blacklist should be in avoid. Double Agent is a great game but I agree with Optional.
>>
>>319566334
I really wish the series didn't go to shit after Chaos Theory.
>>
Only played the first one (i think...). It was nothing but trial and error bullshit, absolutely zero room for creativity or improvisation. Said "fuck that" right then and there. Story as a fucking snooze fest as well.
>>
Chaos Theory > Splinter Cell > Pandora Tomorrow > Conviction > Rogue Agent > A literal turd > Blacklist
>>
Why does Sam hold his pistol all weird like in Conviction?

I'm not really a gun expert or anything, but it seems odd. If he wore a bulletproof vest, would that stance kinda make it useless? Seems like the bullet would just go through your armpit and into your heart.
>>
>Stealth action redefined
>We took all the action out
>>
So what's next for this franchise? Open world online only reboot?
>>
>>319567341
the blacklists campaign was shit but the multiplayer was really fun
>>
>>319567106
His daughter Rapunzel Clancy will take over
>>
>>319567106
His only input was on the first game. Ubisoft bought his name a few years ago for $70 million I think.
>>
>>319567616
Don't remember but It was a special kind of hold for CQB
>>
>>319567616
That's Center Axis Relock for you.
>>
Pandora Tomorrow > Chaos Theory > Blacklist > Conviction > Splinter Cell > Shit Agent.
>>
>>319566334
Chaos theory > pandora tomorrow > blacklist > splinter cell > double agent > essentials > shit > conviction.
>>
>>319567832
this is all I could find about splinter cell 7
http://gamerant.com/next-gen-splinter-cell-game-different/

he says the Far Cry open-world formula wouldn't work for splinter cell, so that's a relief
>>
>>319567196
swap conviction and blacklist
>>
The most ridiculous part about the Splinter Cell games are the graphics. PT and CT looked so ridiculously good for their time. The lightning was unreal.
>>
>>319567196
double agent is a must on 360, xbox 1 is optionnal, pc port is to avoid
>>
I like how Blacklist was not considered that good of a game but it was still more fun than that other sneaking game that came out recently.
>>
File: 1365410173082.gif (2 MB, 210x155) Image search: [Google]
1365410173082.gif
2 MB, 210x155
>>319567341

>Blacklist should be in avoid. Double Agent is a great game but I agree with Optional.

You sure you don't have those mixed up? Did you actually play Blacklist, or did you just jump on the hate bandwagon? After Double Agent and Conviction, Blacklist was actually a surprisingly solid title if you played at the hardest difficulty. Still nowhere near Chaos Theory, but having played through the whole thing I can't say it was anywhere near as bad as all those "ACTION"-gifs made it out to be.

Double Agent should definitely be in the Avoid category though, it's definitely the most broken games out of the whole Splinter Cell franchise. And I do mean broken, nothing in that game worked right. During my hour or two attempting to play it I encountered so many bugs I had to give up on it. Clipping through geometry and falling through the level frequently, the sound levels shot all over the place randomly, triggers not triggering causing you get to stuck, looking worse than Chaos Theory but somehow running at a third of the frames. If you did manage to play the game though, you can look forward to ambling around a shitty kind of HUB constantly. Absolute trash. At least Conviction was playable, too bad it was shit
>>
SC7 or we riot.
>>
File: 1438739435799.gif (1 MB, 213x210) Image search: [Google]
1438739435799.gif
1 MB, 213x210
Chaos Theory has some of the stupidest fucking a.i. I have ever seen in a game.

>Shitty a.i. is having a conversation among themselves
>One of them is some captain guy who's pissed off at one of his soldiers.
>The Captain is about to shoot of his soldiers for being a fuckup.
>I decide to shoot the captain to spare the guys life.
>The fucking a.i. goes balistic and decides to try and kill me for saving his life.

The Voice acting is also terrible. Getting white actors to try and talk in a dumb Asian accent is really fucking retarded.
>>
>>319568626
I played Blacklist. I really did not like it.

Which version of DA did you play? I remember it being pretty buggy on the PS2 but the 360 version was fine.
>>
>>319566334
>>>/vg/
>>
>>319569105
>a
>>
>>319569008

PC. I wasn't the only one either, when I searched for the problems that I was encountering I found plenty of people with similar issues. It's kind of amazing how you can fuck up a game that badly when the framework was already all there
>>
File: NO.png (13 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
NO.png
13 KB, 200x200
>I recently purchased the GBA games
>New & Boxed
>Open them
>That new game smell, my potatoes are mashed
>Fire them into my SP
>These games are great fun
>Why didn't I buy them sooner.
>>
>>319568528
>xbox 1 is optionnal
there's no xbox one version of sc...
>>
>>319569553
Mate...
>>
Splinter cell for cellphone was GOAT.
>>
>>319566334
i really wish they'd re-release the last gen versions of double agent. so much more of a splinter cell game than the ps3/360/pc version
>>
I enjoyed blacklist
>>
Why was Double Agent so poor on every platform besides PS2/XBOX OG????
>>
Time for a Splinter Cell reboot, Ubi make it happen. Start over with a clean slate.
>>
>>319568928
>Captain probably has a boss. That boss probably has a boss.
>Captain is about to shoot a soldier.
>You shoot Captain
>"HOT DAMN IF I KILL THAT GUY I AM CAPTAIN"

You probably get a bitching prize too.
>>
File: 1449688738184.png (427 KB, 514x662) Image search: [Google]
1449688738184.png
427 KB, 514x662
>Metal Gear Solid 3 Ape Escape Minigame
>Colonel is briefing Snake on the Apes
>"Couldn't you get Sam or Gabriel do it?"
>Thought this was pretty funny
>Now Splinter Cell, Metal Gear Solid, and Syphon Filter are dead
>>
>>319568928
Choas Theory is a shitty game. The dialogue in this game is also fucking stupid. Ubisoft were trying to be edgy and "realistic" with it, but it just comes off as being a joke. There could be two soldiers next to eachother and you can shoot one of them in the head and instead of the other soldier realizing his partner is dead he'll say something stupid like, "Alright come out here right now." or "Oh man, I sure hope I'm not next."
>>
>>319570909
GTFO!
>>
>>319570909
>shooting the enemy

If you play it right, no one should even know you were there.
>>
>>319566952
PT is borderline unplayable on pc anyway since modern hardware fucks up the lighting. I've seen seeds for the original but you can get it for like 2.50 on sale.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.