[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>bland flat environments that are just an empty square room
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
>bland flat environments that are just an empty square room then stairs to another empty square arena
>baby mash combos on manual mode
>stiff controls, but no weight to anything
>delay for commands without any semblance that it requires startup (animation)
>lazy enemy attack patterns
>lazy textures
>lazy animations
>targetted at casuals
>VAs cutoff and transition poorly in both Jap and English
>shit combat
>shit combat
>shit combat

+Healix
+charming aesthetic and character design
+decent voice acting from both ENG and JAP

Musou wasn't good on PS2 so why would it be good on PS4? The level design alone should make this game $30 tops, but people ate it up because it's DQ. I have no problems with Dragon Quest as a franchise, but holy fuck this game is brainnumbingly bad and anyone who thinks this game is anything above a facebook app tier needs to kill themselves.
>>
Sorry you don't like it.

Most people do though.

Sucks that you don't. and also that I don't really care what you have to say.

Good thread though.
>>
>>319537076
>shit op
>>319538214
>shit reply

*upvote for the lulz*
>>
>>319538214
>>319538345
This is an extremely low quality game for $60. I don't understand how anyone can like it and /v/ can defend it. Stuff like this is literally the cancer killing video games.
>>
Musoushit is Musoushit. Even CoD isn't milked as much as this shit.
>>
It's not musou you retards.
>>
>>319541145
>plays like musou
>looks like musou
>not musou
>>
>>319541145
Yes it is.
>>
>>319541245
>plays like musou

But it doesn't. Have you ever played one of these games before?

>>319541335
It takes little from musous. The developers even stated it wasn't musou when they announced the game. Who should I believe: common sense and the developers, or retards on /v/?
>>
>>319541460
Yeah I have. It's fucking musou with the ability to change characters and use MP. It's a shallow hack n slash that handles like a musou game with bigger enemies.

>takes a little
They fucking stripped all the core mechanics and tacked on a few gimmicks.

> The developers even stated it wasn't musou when they announced the game
You shouldn't believe jewish companies that whore out DLC and release the same franchise with a "rebranding" at least 3 times a year.

Holy fuck these casual fanboys are so dense and stupid. I wouldn't be surprised if this game was challenging for you.
>>
File: 2015-12-05_00003.jpg (552 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-05_00003.jpg
552 KB, 1920x1080
>>
We just had this fucking thread.
Not even half a day ago.
>>
>Go to PAX Prime
>Dragon Quest Heroes booths are set up in the Square Enix section
>Each booth has maybe 1-3 people in line
>Tons of people don't even play for the entire demo, they just drop it after a few minutes
>Constant yawning

At least I got a Slime fan out of it.
>>
>>319542040
Welcome to the western gaming market.
Doesn't help that SE can't translate DQ for shit and always decides that "localization" is necessary.
>>
>>319542092
but they were right because it's a bad game with causalized everything. Did you expect them to be engaged with mashing XXXY against enemies that don't fight back in the same rooms over and over?
>>319542040
The slime design is really nice
>>
>>319542325
They liked Bioshock Infinite, so, yes?
>>
>>319542443
Bioshock Infinite is dumbed down tripe, but it's still a million times better than DQH. At least Infinite has some form of polish and level design.
>>
>>319537076
The ONLY thing in this game I truly hate It's the functional NPCS, from saving, to buying, and even taking and reporting quests. I hate the stupid jingle and that retarded bitch clapping for 5 seconds every time I complete a quest.

It's still a good game, for pirating but it's really poor compared to any other Musou game. Godamnit, it should at least have some other modes besides Story.
>>
>>319537076
it's a musou game, what were you expecting shitlord
>>
>>319542787
>>319541460

DQH defense force can't even get their excuses right
>>
File: hueee.jpg (41 KB, 256x260) Image search: [Google]
hueee.jpg
41 KB, 256x260
>>319542727
>At least Infinite has some form of polish and level design.
>>
>>319542787
That excuse it's not going to work anymore you shill. Not when we already have other musous on Steam.

DQ Heroes might have been a better port, but the game in it's basics is worse than even DW8 and One Piece. It's a pity, since I love the colorful design and art, and I'm not even a DQ fan.
>>
>>319543096
A rock has more polish than a turd. Bioshock being a huge disappointment doesn't excuse DQH at all, especially when it's worse by miles no matter how you look at it.
>>
>>319543374
>A rock has more polish than a turd.
No it doesn't.
>>
>>319543776
At least Bioshock has enemies that doesn't just stand still 24/7
>>
>The general consensus everywhere but /v/ is that DQH is better and deeper than most musou games, with more RPG elements, and that it feels like a worthy addition to DQ, the big drawback being it's level design and lack of mission diversity
>/v/ says it is complete nd utter shit and worse than most musou games
Okay.
>>
>>319544540
but all musou games are bad so adding a few more RPG elements isn't going to fix it when the core is rotten. They need to make the enemies and your attack patterns more varied and give a reason to go beyond XXXY besides just major crowd control and big guys. There is not thought in the game design, but casuals love it.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.