[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are your thoughts on the multi-series idea for Final Fantasy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
File: fqGRCts.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fqGRCts.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
What are your thoughts on the multi-series idea for Final Fantasy 7: Remake?
>>
If it's three installments, each ending where each of the original three discs ended, I'll be okay with it.
As long as they aren't full price and are released reasonably close together.

Anything else and it's fucking dead to me.
>>
Probably going to be a hallway to the end of each 'disc'
>>
>>319535478

I reckon they'll try making it full price and it will backfire, so they'll lower it.
>>
File: FFXVMapNoted2.png (2 MB, 1920x1082) Image search: [Google]
FFXVMapNoted2.png
2 MB, 1920x1082
I've been trying to make sense of this episodic thing. I shouldn't even be using that word. It wasn't even used in the interviews. That fucking retard from IGN used it as clickbait and it spread. Fucking IGN.

Just thinking how much money they're going to have to shell out to make this remake without cutting a thing, and adding more. Their main concerns were money/time/workload. FF7 still in the top 5 most expensive video games ever made? Pretty sure it was something like 45 million on dev costs, and 100 million on marketing. Lord knows how much it's gonna cost to make a fully realized remake. Kitase has been saying for decades with would be way too expensive. By doing it like the XIII games, we see it sooner, and they're financially secure. It's either that or rush out an unfinished game with a lot of cut content in 2020. I dunno, we'll just have to see what happens. Also Squeenix are doing fine financially, 13 sold amazingly well, XIV after the blunder is doing extremely well, their publishing game is strong, DQ is going really well, and their mobile shit sells in millions. People are still hype for Versus 13/ XV, and it's been 10 years. If not for this episodic thing, the same could happen to 7R. Again, we'll have to hear more form them. Anyway, when look at the Ramuh summon, and the size of enemies in XV makes my dick hard for the possibilities of this remake. They got the Just Cause 3 team to help with the airship's movement in XV too. So much potential for this remake, and I know they don't wanna take too long with 7R because of the use of UE4 instead of Luminous Engine. XV is so obviously a beta-test for this remake. They tested character switching but ultimately removed it to put it into the remake. Anyway, I'm excited for both games, and I'm even now still shocked we saw gameplay 5-6 months after the reveal. IMO FF7 holds up in every way, and the only thing that looks dated are the blocky character models, but that can be fixed with Tifa's Bootleg.

/babble
>>
>>319535761
>XV is so obviously a beta-test for this remake.
lol what
>>
File: Cloud_smile.jpg (92 KB, 479x396) Image search: [Google]
Cloud_smile.jpg
92 KB, 479x396
>>319535367
Mite b cool. At least I know now they're not cutting it down, which was by far my biggest fear.

Still hope they beef Cloud up a TINY bit.
>>
>>319535478
I'm still waiting for them to finish making the game. I want the whole experience when I start it.
>>
File: FFXV Mural.png (967 KB, 854x792) Image search: [Google]
FFXV Mural.png
967 KB, 854x792
>>319535916

>XV was supposed to be multi-series
>it was supposed to have character switching
>demo is riddled with FF7 easter eggs
>there will be a flyable player controlled airship
>there will be underwater exploration and combat
>Noctis' weapons are named after King Arthur's weapons
>Knights of the Round hinted by this and the mural of summons at the end of the demo (pic related DAT ULTROS)
>Nomura said he wants XV to be bigger than 7
>XV's first reveal at E3 2013 says "The Legend has met it's match"
>7's trailers refer to themselves at legends

I mean looking at this for the first time made me awe like the first time I saw Leviathan summon in 7's demo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_0OCZC8TVY

They want XV to outdo 7, and they want the remake to outdo XV.

It's so obvious now that I think about it.

Underwater combat.

http://en.yibada.com/articles/92203/20151207/final-fantasy-xv-update.htm

Airship

http://www.destructoid.com/final-fantasy-xv-airships-might-not-make-launch-just-cause-3-dev-helping-300690.phtml
>>
>>319535367

It's bullshit. They don't want to invest enough money to make one complete game.

They somehow managed to fuck up Final Fantasy AGAIN.

>13 and sequels were dog shit
>14 and 14 reboot were dog shit
>15 will literally never release. Literally never ever.
>7 remake will be nickel and dimed at $60 per scene, instead of $60 for a whole game

Fuck this shit. Square Enix is absolute evil, on par with the Shinra corporation. They can suck my dick, I'm gonna buy my JRPG's from ATLUS.
>>
File: douche.png (41 KB, 174x135) Image search: [Google]
douche.png
41 KB, 174x135
>>319536490
>XV was supposed to be multi-series
>it was supposed to have character switching

Oh I forgot to elaborate on this. Both these concepts were moved to 7R, as they've already confirmed switchable characters.
>>
I can't wait for the knights of the round table summon I have such High expectations.
>>
>>319535761
>>319536490

I remember when Episode duscae came out earlier in the year and people were joking about the demo hinting at a 7 remake. because of all the easter eggs.
Fuck me right?
>>
>>319536490

I'm glad they extended the summoning period by quite a bit now, it was too easy to summon him before the patch.
>>
>>319535367
I'm ok with this, if its all to prevent major cuts and to give us a full experience when all is said and done, and to notgive us FF7 in cliffnotes

but

and this is important, i am worried on what they are gonna do about progression, is it gonna be a continuous experience, where our equipment, materia, level, etc., will transition naturally from game to game, will it have the same battle system in those games, being something akin to a simple ps1 era FF disk change, if so, thats fine

if they go with some bullshit, start fresh, new gameplay system each game, like the shit they did in XIII, while focusing on the same characters, then they can go fuck themselves
>>
>>319536490
Concepts and other things get carried around between games all the time. Character switching is not something XV would have invented anyway.
It just feels silly to undermine all the stuff XV has done by saying it was all for something better: FF7R.
I wouldn't expect much out of FF7R anyway, it definitely has less budget and time than XV is getting, and probably won't sell as much either given that Square have already made a PS4 timed exclusivity deal for it, and it'll get a lot of backlash even if it is great because fans will shout "the original was better". FF7R isn't going to be anything close to XV in quality, and I bet you now all of FF7R's parts will be released before XV is.
>>
File: ballsdeep.gif (2 MB, 425x261) Image search: [Google]
ballsdeep.gif
2 MB, 425x261
>>319536490
>just-cause-3-dev-helping
>mfw
>>
>>319537083
>and probably won't sell as much either given that Square have already made a PS4 timed exclusivity deal for it

There are people out there who have already bought PS4s for this, crazy as it seems.

And a LOT of people won't wait. A lot.

This shit is going to sell faster than your mother's pussy on a Friday.

Only poor mustards care about the timed exclusive claims, let's be honest here.
>>
>>319535367
Okay I guess. The game is huge to begin with, so its nice that they won't cut things out drastically.
But I'm pretty sure its going to be another Lightning hallway game, but I guess it will be nice to see the story from different perspective and with a lot of production quality.

Can't wait to see my beloved characters destroyed by shitty VAs and writing.
>>
>>319536490

wait so it that ultros on the bottom left
>>
File: YEET.png (457 KB, 500x412) Image search: [Google]
YEET.png
457 KB, 500x412
>>319536490

>getting HD KoTR
>twice
>>
>>319537260
Timed exclusivity deals are usually done when a company doesn't have a lot of faith in sales, since they get money upfront from said deal.

>And a LOT of people won't wait. A lot.
We'll see, but I doubt they'll come back for any installments past the first if they get upset by it.

>There are people out there who have already bought PS4s for this, crazy as it seems.
I'd like some evidence, consumers may be stupid, but I don't believe you.
Buying a PS4 to play Episode Duscae I understand but not for FF7R. Not with the lack of info we've got up until that trailer recently which didn't look too hot in my opinion.

Anyway, sales wasn't my point, the exclusivity deal still shows SE aren't certain how it'll sell, and looking at the choice of UE4, it's very clear this game isn't getting the same level of treatment XV is getting.
>>
>>319536490
>>319536490

XV when it was Versus XIII was originally planned to have sequels, not be episodic

When they turned Versus into XV in 2012 the first thing they cemented was that XV would be a single game and they condensed Versus and all the sequels into one game, into XV and made changes to make that one single cohesive story with a complete ending.

Character switching was taken out from XV because of the game being built around Noctis's playstyle

Noctis can do everything the other party members can and a ton more, while the other party members can't do all the things Noctis can, also as part of the games lore if Noctis dies then everyone else dies because they lose access to magic, so it was always set so that if Noctis dies it's game over

That posed problems for character switching, because if say you were playing as Ignis and Noctis gets killed while you were controlling Ignis, you'd get a game over

It's also because of the traversal element and warping being infused into Noctis's abilities, so things such as boss battles where you have to warp aroudn the field and onto giant enemies requires Noctis specifically to do those, you can't do that if you were say playing as Gladio

The entire game was always built around Noctis's playstyle, that is why they decided not to have character switching in XV because it would disrupt the game flow entirely, so you can now do the TPS shooting view as Noctis too instead of that being with Prompto, so they made the best of it by also expanding Noctis's arsenal and abilities, his aerial combat and magic too

The reason why character switching in FF7R works is for the same reason it does in Type-0, everyone is input the same, they are all on an equal field which is what allows that, that isn't the case in XV

It wasn't that they decided to shift the idea of multiple games and character switching to 7R, the two things have nothing to do with each other.

By the way XV will be a bigger game than 7R
>>
>>319537610
>I'd like some evidence, consumers may be stupid, but I don't believe you

Look at all the people who bought PS3s for Versus XIII and Last Guardian.

Most of the complaints of delays are from people stupid enough to buy the consoles before the games dropped.
>>
>>319537657
>sequels, not be episodic

The funny thing is Kitase nor Nomura ever used the words episodes or episodic in their interviews. The translators were fucking idiots. The said sequels, not episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZStq6EFN0s
>>
>>319537610
You know this might be off topic. But I feel like timed exclusives are going to give companies an improper view of how successful a game could have really been or would be on all systems.

I know that's why Sony does it but companies will see a good amount of sales on PS4 and then 6 months later other systems will get the game but lag in sales for awhile until every feels like playing it again, etc. And unfortunately everything is run by publishers and shareholders so if they don't see immediate sales it looks like there is no potential.

Something is just wrong with that equation to me. It's mostly shareholder stupidity but still.
>>
>>319537657
>By the way XV will be a bigger game than 7R

>it will be bigger than a game that doesn't exist

good job XV-kun
>>
>>319538043
everyone owns a ps4 these days anyway
>>
>>319537657
>That posed problems for character switching, because if say you were playing as Ignis and Noctis gets killed while you were controlling Ignis, you'd get a game over

This makes sense actually. It was cool seeing Noctis use a gun too.
>>
Character Switching is fucking stupid in anything that isn't turn based anyway.
I've never played a game that has done it well. Ever.
>>
File: image.jpg (456 KB, 3705x577) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
456 KB, 3705x577
I think it's the only way it would be viable. Square Enix clearly can't handle AAA development on such a large scale. A single game of this magnitude would collapse under its own weight. FFXV has been in development for a fucking decade.

I'll take three or four installments that are large enough to
Be complete games in their own right. I'm thrilled that that is a possibility.
>>
>>319538335

oh god why do they keep ruining Cid
>>
>>319538565
He looks better there
>>
>>319538614

I just zoomed in on the thumbnail and I agree.

so far all that needs fixing is cloud's hair
>>
File: FFVIIR_Jessie.jpg (103 KB, 1000x675) Image search: [Google]
FFVIIR_Jessie.jpg
103 KB, 1000x675
I'm excited at the concept of an entire game taking place in Midgar.

I want to date Jessie!
>>
>>319538835

>for 15 years I thought Jessie was wearing a cowboy hat
>>
File: Cidney-tan.jpg (492 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Cidney-tan.jpg
492 KB, 1920x1080
>>319538835
I want SFM models of Jessie

By the way, it was confirmed that Roberto Ferrari designed FF7R Jessie, Biggs and Wedge and is the sub-character designer on FF7R, he also designed Cidney and is the sub-character designer on XV too.
>>
File: CLOUD IS TOO SKINNY.jpg (60 KB, 728x742) Image search: [Google]
CLOUD IS TOO SKINNY.jpg
60 KB, 728x742
>>319538972

Roberto is based.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rc3epjCl6o
>>
There is no thought or opinion which holds and weight or value yet because absolutely no one knows their context of 'multi-part'. Even they might not know yet

It could be like the original discs
You may only have to pay once with delayed releases
You may have to pay for each part seperately. It could be decent value seperately, or it could be a full priced game every time

Literally no one fucking knows

One thing I hate though is the term 'episodic' started by Shitaku

Episodic to me implies it'll have something like 12 / 2 hour parts and be like a fucking Telltale game, which I can almost guarantee it will be NOTHING like
>>
>>319539374

Anyone with a brain knows from reading the interviews, that's going to be like the XIII trilogy.

Separate games that all follow the same story, but are all indistinguishable from one another aesthetically.
>>
>>319539374
>it'll have something like 12 / 2 hour parts and be like a fucking Telltale game, which I can almost guarantee it will be NOTHING like

No, that's what it's gonna be

Square-Enix saw new potential when Life is Strange did well with episodic release, so they figured "Let's do what they did and be lazy and only produce 2 hours worth of gameplay every few months" and this is what our new Final Fantasy 7 will be like. 15 probably also, you can tell from the "Episode Duscae" shit that 15 won't be one whole game either
>>
>>319535478
But then Part 3 will barely have anything in it. The original 3rd disk had to fit on all the fmv cutscenes for the ending
>>
>>319539714
"Episode Duscae" is literally just the name of the demo, XV is already confirmed to be one single game with a story that wraps itself up completely, they even said just 2 weeks ago that they have no plans for a sequel.

And they already said each part of FF7R will be equal to one whole game
>>
I can understand why some people aren't happy about it but it doesn't bother me to be honest.

I don't want to wait 5 years for part 1 though. I hope it doesn't take too long.
>>
>>319539714

Episode Duscae is a demo you dumb fuck. It was demo for people who've been waiting since it was Versus, who were willing to buy Type-0 for it. It was created alongside the game and it's events don't happen ingame, and it's since been patched because they had to release it on the day Type-0 HD was out.

Another demo is coming out, and it will be public and free.
>>
Better not be fuckin 60 bucks an episode. Fuck that.
>>
>>319540256

Since we've been shown gameplay 5 months after the reveal, I think they're going for FF7's 20 year anniversary in 2017.
>>
The original game was so large that it had to be spread over 4 discs. I would be slightly disappointed if that wasn't still the case.

That said, I just don't want to pay full game price for each disk.
>>
>>319538335
no FFXV has only been in actual development since 2012

and no company can handle AAA development in that large a scale, especially if they want to give us FF7 in full

people cant throw around games like witcher 3 or GTA or other open world games, why, because those games use reused assets up the ass, think about it, how many unique assets does FF7 have, then translate all that shit to 3d on that level of fidelity, because apparently all the shit in the psx trailer is ingame, and they are also talking about expanding that shit, we're talking about towns, npcs, monsters, etc, etc
>>
>>319539714
>Square-Enix saw new potential when Life is Strange did well with episodic release

holy fuck you're dumb

they've already had episodic RPGs in the past

publishing Life is Strange has nothing to do with anything.

Episode Duscae is a god damn demo.

You are so misinformed holy fuck dude.
>>
>>319538335
>FFXV has been in development for a fucking decade.

Versus 13 was on a production shelf for almost a decade.

It was almost completely scrapped in 2011, but in 2012 they decided to turn it into XV and that's when it got a real team behind it.

So yeah it was tinkered with in the Crystal Tools engine from 2010 to 2011, nothing big, small team. But it didn't actually go into full development swing until 2012, and Tabata took over in 2013 when Nomura trimmed it down.
>>
I'm okay with that, cause it means we'll get to play it earlier than on 2020.
The gameplay looked awesome and based on the recent interview, they're not going to cut any of the original's cuntent, only add more, so I'm totally fine with that.
The problem the people having is mostly because they associate episodic releases with Telltale "games"
>>
>>319539714
(You)
>>
>>319539264

that guy will never get old
>>
File: ripplespooks.jpg (41 KB, 494x710) Image search: [Google]
ripplespooks.jpg
41 KB, 494x710
>>319539714

holy fuck you are retarded
>>
>>319540760

Quit making excuses for Square-Enix. Apologists like you enable them to continue FUCKING US OVER. Why can't you just admit that they're doing a shitty job and it took ten fucking years and they're still not done yet?
>>
I think its going to start a trend of regular games being broken up and sold in installments under the guise of "Too much content".
>>
>>319539714
they never used the word episode you dumb fuck, and they are making it so each part is basically a full game
>>
>>319539816
That's when you go defeat the weapons and whatnot though so that'll make up for the lack of content. By then you've got access to all the open world and optional shit.

Here's just hoping they don't fuck with that or replace it with shitty extra backstory that was non-existent in the original.
>>
>>319541148

>description of actual events
>excuses
>parroting the world apologist like you know what it means

Nobody is fucking you over snowflake, you're not being forced to buy the game at gunpoint, and they were not obligated to go through with this remake.

>Why can't you just admit that they're doing a shitty job and it took ten fucking years and they're still not done yet?

The only shitty job here is funding/money management not the dev team's work, because SE are financially retarded.

stop being a screeching kneejerk reactionary retard
>>
>this whole "episodic" shitstorm

once again IGN fucks everything up by being cunts
>>
>>319541302
>each part is basically a full game

No. a whole consists of all it's parts. If I break off a corner of my cookie, and give it to you, you didn't get a full cookie
>>
>>319541148

the game was literally on hold until 2012 and will be out next year you misinformed idiot
>>
>>319541719

It's going to be like XIII Trilogy.

3 games taking place in the same universe, with a continuous story.

How about you break off a dick in your ass.
>>
>>319541843
>3 games taking place in the same universe, with a continuous story.

Like Crisis Core, FF7, and Dirge of Cerberus?

See that would be an actual trilogy.

Splitting one game into 3 is not the same thing
>>
>>319541719
yes, and they're also giving you alongside that cookie part, chocolate bits a glass of milk and added candy, before giving you another cookie part with more chocolate bits a glass of milk and candy
>>
I only fine difficulty in justifying why the game has to be multi part in the first place.

I mean, to charge anything more than $60 for the whole package is going to lead to massive backlash.

It's not like they're running out of space on a blu ray disc, or that fans won't be anymore patient to wait for a full release.

If they don't change anything, then does it really matter?

I'm stuck on this.
>>
>>319541928
>Like Crisis Core, FF7, and Dirge of Cerberus?

No, like the XIII trilogy as I said.

Crisis Core and Dirge of Cerberus are spin-offs.
>>
>>319535367
What is even the point to making a fully to scale migar? What will they put in it to make it an actual video game worth the money?
>>
>>319542108
It's because they have to invest millions of dollars into production (which would last several years) if they do it as one whole game. And they're afraid that the cost of this will bring the company to bankruptcy before the release date. That's right, one of the biggest AAA developer/publishers can't afford to develop a AAA title.
>>
File: 2005-07-08-2377.jpg (95 KB, 715x937) Image search: [Google]
2005-07-08-2377.jpg
95 KB, 715x937
>>319542108
They can't have a game this huge stuck in development for the next 6 years with zero profits being generated from it. It ties up a huge percentage of their operating costs and staff, which means they can't focus on making many other games at the same time. They keep pushing Nomura from project to project before he can finish anything because they have a severe lack of reliable and experienced staff to go around.

So splitting the game into episodes means they can get an immediate return on their investment in the first episode, use that money to fund the next one, and use the reviews and feedback to make the next episode more profitable than the last.
>>
>>319542108
>I only fine difficulty in justifying why the game has to be multi part in the first place.

It's a business decision. They've said this would cost too much money for decades, every time someone asked them to remake it, and they're not lying. FF7 had a development cost of 45 million dollars.

I don't know where people got the size argument from, but they never once mentioned game size in the interview outside of saying the scope of the game itself would have to be cut if they made it in one game because of financial cuts, and doing that would also take a long time.

tl;dr biggest concerns were time and money and contained sequels is their solution
>>
>>319542537

well said
>>
Maybe they could afford it if they didn't piss away like 75 billion dollars on that MMO
>>
>>319542657
Except the MMOs are the two most profitable things they have ever made.
>>
>>319542367
>>319542453
>>319542537

Fuckin A,don't know why I never looked at it this way.

I didn't really care, but my friends were all in a tizzy and coming to me as the ff7 fanboy. I probably picked up the size comment from them.
>>
>>319542453

Oh boy, I can't wait until this is massively successful and suddenly episodic releases become an industry standard!

Seriously, this does not bode well for the future. It's the FF7 remake so it's basically guaranteed to sell a gorillian copies and it's only a matter of time until some misinformed corporate head gets the idea that it was the episodic releases that helped generate all that dosh, and before you know it we're getting even less content for even more price in future releases.

I can't say I'm surprised, though. Expansion packs led to DLC, and now DLC led to episodic content. It's natural progression.

Fuck this industry.
>>
File: It's shit.jpg (147 KB, 887x491) Image search: [Google]
It's shit.jpg
147 KB, 887x491
>>319535367
>>
>>319542768
>Oh boy, I can't wait until this is massively successful and suddenly episodic releases become an industry standard!

It's already been a standard for years with games much smaller in comparison.

Also this isn't even SE's first episodic JRPG project.
>>
>>319542108
well lets look at things, first the trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW_8VOSpZL4

as some of you may already know, that shit is all in-game, except the parts from the first trailer, what we're gonna get with this remake is getting all this shit rendered in 3d, we're not talking just midgar, theres kalm, unon, fort condor, gold saucer, northern crater, wutai, nibelheim, etc, etc

then you have, enemies, npcs, weapons, etc

how much unique assets do you think this shit has, especially with that level of quality, and how many gigs of space its gonna require, if the game has CG cutscenes and audio it will up that shit even more

rendering all this shit takes a long ass time, and huge amounts of money
>>
>>319542768
>basically guaranteed to sell a gorillian copies

They can't flash close to 50 million dollars on a hunch.

do you even business?

they industry isn't evil as you might want to believe

why don't you find another hobby if it's so terrible
>>
>>319542235
expanding the characters we know, like the avalanche members, the shinra company, like pres.shinra, new areas like the upper plate and slums
>>
>>319542749
>don't know why I never looked at it this way.

Because people don't realize that it's not 1996 anymore. No company can pump out AAA full-size games with brand-new engines and assets every other year the way Square used to in the 90s. Graphics expectations ALONE have skyrocketed development costs, while prices on games to the consumer are actually lower than they used to be, killing profit margins in the meantime.

Not to mention the original FFVII consisted of mostly pre-rendered 2D backgrounds. Can you imagine the backlash if they did that today? Now they have to make everything fully rendered 3D, explorable, and add voice acting.
>>
>>319542734

Yeah, and all they've achieved is making back money they lost on shitty investments like XIII-2 and Lightning Returns among a plethora of other failed abortions.

Funnily enough XIII actually sold really well.

They can't exactly make 70 million and then spend 50 million all in one single project that would cost them several years.
>>
>>319543031

>They can't afford it, it's not their fault!

Fuck this shit, are you even being serious?

When I was growing up, they NEVER pulled bullshit like this. If you wanted a game, you went and bought a copy of the game and that's it! No stringing you along and holding out on you so that you buy it one piece at a time

I don't go to a car dealership and just pay for a tire, I expect the whole fucking thing

Why can't companies release a WHOLE game anymore? It's really not that they CAN'T, but rather that they don't want to because they think we're all idiots and they can rip us off
>>
>>319542749

Most people are too busy clinging to misinformation and flailing their arms frothing at the mouth instead of calming the fuck down and doing their homework to figure it all out.
>>
>>319543286
Games cost less to develop back then, and cost more for consumers to buy. Now games' costs have gone down, while dev costs have shot up several fold.
>>
>>319543286

It's not the 90s anymore cupcake. Video game development cost just over double the amount it used to.

>>319543432

I remember when games for 90 dollars. Scary times.
>>
>>319543432
And I guess that's our fault?
>>
>>319543542

Actually yes it is.

Supply and demand retard.

Am I actually talking to a fucking child right now?
>>
>>319543514
>Video game development cost just over double the amount it used to.

Not my problem. Those companies can work internally to get their budget down.

Nothing has changed except their mentality: they think they can sell us less for more
>>
>>319538972
>look up Roberto Ferrari
>some italian guy that wanted to draw anime and went to Japan
>he now spends his days drawing cute anime girls
He's a weeb whose dream came true, I'm happy for him
>>
>>319543286

I don't mind that they're doing it this way for FF7, from what we've seen it's a necessary evil. Like anons above have explained, it's going to be massive and everything needs to be completely remade as compared to pre-rendered backgrounds. I'm not trying to villify or shit on the FF7 remake.

What worries me is the business model behind it.

Can you imagine a company like Bethesda or EA getting wind of this? Fallout 4 cut into 5 "episodes", each costing $29.99. Pay more for even less, except now it's under the guise of "episodic" content.

My point is if this does absolutely stellar, it's going to set a bad precedent in modern gaming's already bad nickel-and-dime industry, and the people that are going to suffer for it are the fans.
>>
>>319543286

Squaresoft were a much smaller team than what Square-Enix are now. They didn't have to blow their wads huge staff teams.
>>
>>319543791
Then don't buy what you don't think is a good value. Simple as that. At least episodic content gives us a nice preview to see if it's worth the dosh before we go all-in and you can drop it early without paying full price.
>>
>>319541170
If it gets us more content I'm happy
Imagine if MGSV got the "multi part" treatment
>MGSV GZ
>MGSV TPP chapter 1
>MGSV TPP chapter 2
>MGSV TPP chapter 3
Damn
I'm angry now
>>
>>319543654
>Nothing has changed except their mentality

and you know

technology

market costs

increased competition

but I forgot the world revolves around you
>>
>>319543975
>At least episodic content gives us a nice preview to see if it's worth the dosh before we go all-in and you can drop it early without paying full price.

That's what a demo is for, and they're traditionally free
>>
>>319543654
>Those companies can work internally to get their budget down

It's far more complicated than that if you consider how many projects they have going on globally, and how many companies they're outsourcing to.

I agree that Square-Enix are fucking horrible and money management, but it terms of this remake, it really is going to be on a financial scale close to GTA V, and that's an insane amount for a Japanese company full of mismanaging retards.
>>
>>319544069
>>319543975

Personally I'd rather spend $80 for a full game once, rather than 5 easy payments of $29.99 spread over 8 years.
>>
>>319544069

You'd be happy paying $40 for each chapter? Because I sure as fuck wouldn't.
>>
>>319544069

>people still thinking MGSV had cut content

The trailers were just better than the game, deal with it.

Squeenix and Kojima are know for making amazing trailers and sub par games.
>>
>>319543821

I don't get this. They made more game, with less staff, back in the 90's. And now they say they can't pull it off. I'm not buying it. It's bullshit. It's all bullshit so they can charge us more for little pieces of a game
>>
>>319544358
>it really is going to be on a financial scale close to GTA V

Does it really have to be?
>>
>>319544658

Thank all the graphic whores. Think what would happen if all the budget spent on OMG REALISM went towards improving the gameplay or mechanics or story.

Not only would it cut down on development time, it would lead to better quality games in general.

I'm so fucking sick of modern vidya and it's "IT LOOKS GREAT--but that's all it does" model
>>
>>319544658

Because making a game cost way less. They're biggest risk was FF7. After FF7 there were rolling in the dosh, and then Enix, and now shit.

How funny is it.

They made better games with less money, and now make shitty games with more money.
>>
>>319544454
>>319544375
I'd be perfectly fine with spending more money for more content
If MGSV was too ambitious a project to make and it was already split up into GZ and TPP but that wasn't enough, then I can say I would have gladly paid more for it to get the complete experience
MGSV is the perfect example of AAA gaming collapsing under its own ambition
Do you guys want the remake to end up like MGSV did?
If 150$ was what it cost to get the whole MGSV experience then I would have paid
If it was 200$ I would have paid it
If you wouldn't have then you can't complain about cut content
>>
>>319544664
If they cut down on tons of stuff it will be as expensive as GTA V, yes
>>
>>319544526
Kojima officially said Episode 51 was cut
And who knows how much more was cut
>>
>>319544658

It's already been explained so many times.

HD games cost a fuckload more to make than a game did in the 90s.

People begged for this HD remake, and Square said time and time again it would cost way too much.

Now they agree to give it a go and explain again that it would cost too much to be made a single project as they've been saying for decades, and if they're going to to this it needs to be spread out, and now people are bitching.

They can't win.
>>
>>319544664

yes actually if you're remaking a game that cost 45m then it'll be estimated to cost double that.
>>
>>319545381
>it would cost way too much

No, just more than they're willing to spend

and when you've got money like they do, I don't want to hear "we can't afford it". Please, cry me a river Square-Enix

They've got the money, they just aren't willing to spend it
>>
>>319545490

not including the cinematic shit nomuras wants to bloat it

so we're looking at over 100 million dollars
>>
>>319545517
>just more than they're willing to spend

Exactly. They need to make this while not blowing their 100m wad in a single go.

They have to be smart about it.

It's not a personal attack on you, they're trying to stay afloat. They're a business.

>and when you've got money like they do

They're barely making back loses with XIV.

Do you think they'd hit this EMERGENCY MONEY button if they had 100M to blow?

Shit they'd be better off using it on hundreds of other projects they could do instead of this ultimatum.
>>
>>319535367
>multi series
Hello marketing shill
>>
>>319545517
I think that would be the definition of "too much", skippy.

And FF7 isn't from the modern era, where AAA games have no content and no lasting power. It's back from when games were games. Remaking the entire thing would be insanely expensive. They have to pay the salaries of all the dev team, the animators, and now also the voice actors. If you never played FF7 (you didn't) or understood the first thing about 3d game development then you would understand why that's a big deal.
>>
>>319546045
>Exactly. They need to make this while not blowing their 100m wad in a single go.
>They have to be smart about it.

This. Doing this ensures they're making profits while spending this big money.

It's actually pretty smart, and in the long run we get more fleshed out games and an overall better remake for it.

What the fuck is the problem? You don't want to spend more than 60 dollars? Then don't. Wait until it all comes together years from now and buy the FF7 Remake Anthology.
>>
>>319546106

>biggest of one of the most expensive games in remake in vidya history
>needing shilling

oyy
>>
>>319545517

you mean a business corporation wants to make more money than they're spending

holy fuck
>>
Who knows where to find all the pre-rendered backgrounds from FFVII? I know there are like 700, but I'd like to check them.

Thanks
>>
>>319546289
>and in the long run we get more fleshed out games and an overall better remake for it.

And in the short run we're paying 50 bucks for an hour of gaming at a time

I don't know anybody who wants that
>>
>>319535367
If the part 1 ends at midgar, it would be too short, if if they add content.

In my opinion, they can perfectly end the part 1 in the ship, after jenova battle.
Think about it. Travelling to another contient, first time you actually see sepiroth in ghost form, a weird looking battle with jenova arm
The cutscene can end with the party watching the horizon while travelling
Set the question "nah, sepiroth is dead, is he?" in Kalm, then "oh no...hes alive, what now?" and BAM, end of the part 1
>>
>>319546519
>And in the short run we're paying 50 bucks for an hour of gaming at a time

Conjecture, and fucking retarded conjecture at that. They've made it clear that each installment would be a full game like the ones in the XIII Trilogy.

If you don't want to support them while they go through with this remake, then don't. Millions of other people will.
>>
>>319546371
>hurr 20 years later everyone who is on earth played vidya
>no one have been born in 25 years hurrr
>i'll call him retard i'm such a smart shill!
kill yourself
>>
>>319546560
It's going to be a different ff7, you know. Yeah, it's going to be a remake of the original but it's also going to serve as a vehicle to officially retcon AC into the lore. AC is pretty terrible but there's quite a bit of shit that it pulled out of its ass that needs to be implemented. The Remake will be a good deal longer than the original, I'm sure.
>>
>>319546687
>each installment would be a full game

Like Ground Zeroes was a full game
>>
>>319546560

Having a huge game set completely in Midgar is very possible.

You've got the different sectors, different plate levels, sewers, railroad system, several huge individual areas you can fit within that.

Midgar, as it was designed it almost an unlimited resource if you think about it.
>>
Episode one should end when you arrive in Kalm and have the flashback with Sephiroth.
>>
>>319546765

Fuck off retard.

>>319546812

No, like XIII was a full game. See above comment.
>>
>>319546927

I wish people would stop spewing the word episode. They never even used it in their interview. The translator who got to it first was just incompetent.
>>
>>319547026
How can you call it a full game, when it doesn't even reach the end of the story?
>>
>>319546927
nah it should end in the boat with the final boss of the first part being jenova, 2nd part starts with the party reaching costa del sol and a new continent
>>
>>319547201
Is star wars a full movie?
>>
I never knew FF7 cost so much.

>100 million on marketing

what the fuck I saw maybe 2-3 ads on TV at the time

Shit I remember seeing more ads for Quake in 1996.

Was it mostly for Japan?
>>
>>319547201

Because it's longer than most games today, and it wrapped it's individual story up nicely, and had a great setup for a sequel.

And this is coming from someone who finds the story for XIII-2 and LR fucking laughable. XIII wasn't that great either.
>>
>>319536326
I agree, I mean I get the whole skinny super strong guy thing, but he looked a bit to lean, he doesn't need to be Barret or anything (although Barret could use a bulk up too based on what I saw) but he needs a bit of a tweak to his muscle mass to be sure.
>>
>>319536490
what ff7 easter eggs were in the demo?
>>
>>319547447

Cloud looks fine.

See >>319539139

If there's anything wrong with him, it's his hair. It's not messy enough.

His lips at the end of the trailer were weird too.
>>
File: feels raged.png (71 KB, 456x566) Image search: [Google]
feels raged.png
71 KB, 456x566
>>319535367
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3w3_mss6vU

they tricked us..
>>
>>319536490
>They want XV to outdo 7, and they want the remake to outdo XV.
both will not even come close to the original final fantasy 7
the whole final fantasy series is broken beyond repair
>>
>>319547616

oh god I don't even know if I can remember them all

there were some crisis core ones too

there were nothing huge just name drops like locations, shinra toolbox, great glacier icebox,

ugh there's more but I can't remember
>>
People need to remember how many fucking different enemy types there were in 7. I don't think any JRPG today has even matched it.

the fact they're not rushing it makes me hope they fit them all in, all the weird ones too

designing them all would take fucking forever which makes me understand the need to spread out
>>
File: 1426100641024.jpg (38 KB, 366x380) Image search: [Google]
1426100641024.jpg
38 KB, 366x380
>I'm willing to pay for a piece of a game, so long as it looks pretty
>>
File: Cloud Smash.jpg (229 KB, 1156x1000) Image search: [Google]
Cloud Smash.jpg
229 KB, 1156x1000
>>319547660
Yeah, that's what Cloud SHOULD look like, not what he does look like.
>>
>>319535367

I was mad as all fuck the first time I heard the news, but slowly realized it was clickbait. I now know why they need to do it, and remember that they warned us of costs several times now.

Personally if the game has the same quality of the trailer I'm willing for buy 3-4 games.

That trailer was so good all the designs were spot on, and the voice acting wasn't as cringy as XV's. The combat looks a little less retarded too.
>>
File: top kek bra.jpg (57 KB, 609x607) Image search: [Google]
top kek bra.jpg
57 KB, 609x607
>>319548368

>ask for a pretty remake
>get told it would cost too much
>NO I WANT IT ANYWAY
>complain when you get it
>>
>A game from the 90s that had to be 3 discs to fit the full game due to tech restrictions
>Remaking the game multiple installments with no tech restrictions.

Sounds like a touch of bullshit to me. It seems like a way to try and capitalize on the game sooner without having to finish it rather then selling it finished and making less money, if we are talking the same 3 part style as the first, they better be selling for $20 a pop, but we all know that is almost impossible with the way that the industry works these days

My conclusion, if they go full retard, don't buy it on release, they will release the full thing together once it is finished for a single price

We all know this won't happen, half you autists will buy it day one regardless of what happens even though you bitch and moan about it.

TLDR: This is nothing new, dont buy it or, don't complain about it if you are one of the autists who buys half finished shit.
>>
>>319548591
>when you get it

But, except, they didn't give anybody what they were asking for. They made a compromise. A shitty compromise.
>>
File: cLOUD REMAKE.png (383 KB, 845x476) Image search: [Google]
cLOUD REMAKE.png
383 KB, 845x476
>>319548442
>>319547660
Pic for reference. Bruce lee has a visible bulging bicep when he flexes, Cloud's bicep remains unflexed. I'm hoping that's just a temporary oversight on the Dev's part, and in the final version, Cloud's biceps will actually behave like they should.

Also, Cloud's posture is way off. He has this constant "slump" going on, which is unbefitting of the self-image he's trying to convince others of. He looks like I did awhile back, and I had fucked up posture.
>>
>>319548479
Don't accept bullshit so easily brah.
If the costs were so high they should've either not caved to fan pressure, or done turn based which , I imagine, would be a good bit cheaper.
>>
Its going to have to be structured very differently, or use the same overworld map as before and not go open world.
You could explore a shit ton of ground on disc 1, there is no way it could be its own part. Disc 3 however was basically just the end game stuff not else.

Disc 1 would be 2 maybe even 3 parts from its size. Disc 2 and 3 would be 1 parts. At that point in development they will have all the assets done and the gameplay will be done in part 1. So development will speed heavily along especially when XV is done.
The pricing will be fucked regardless.
>>
>>319549085
>He has this constant "slump" going on, which is unbefitting of the self-image he's trying to convince others of.

At this point in the story, he's just in this "I don't really care" state of mind, so I don't expect much emotion until Sephiroth is introduced
>>
>>319548890

Read the thread you illiterate fool.

You'd make a compromise too if you were begged to make near 100 million dollar remake.
>>
There aren't much thoughts to be had here
They're doing what's necessary to keep as much content from original as possible
It's either this way or no way
>>
They never said storage would be an issue. They never once mentioned storage.

They said they wouldn't be able to fit a remake of this scope into one game/project because it would lead to financial cuts over a long period of time, say 5+ years.

So their solution for both issues of time and money is to release it as a series of games like the XIII Trilogy did. This way they're covered on both fronts.

They've told use for decades, every single time someone asked them about a remake of 7 that it would cost too much, and it's true. FF7 cost 45 million dollars in 1996. A fully fleshed out remake with the pretty graphics everyone demands would cost almost double that in both time and money. They've told us this, and they told it again and everyone went apeshit. So would you rather them shit out an incomplete mess with loads of content from the original cut out? You can't have you cake and eat it here.

Give them a chance I say.

I'm personally looking forward to an entire full length game in Midgar alone. They way Midgar is designed in sectors, places, sewer, subway, huge buildings etc. It really holds unlimited possibilities.
>>
>>319549328
state of mind has nothing to do with posture. Bad posture comes from sitting at a computer all day hunched over a desk.
>>
File: Cloud.png (196 KB, 600x323) Image search: [Google]
Cloud.png
196 KB, 600x323
>>319549085

I like that slump.

At that point in the game he is 100% mentally Zack, but his body isn't.
>>
File: 1449669761671p.jpg (321 KB, 1068x1600) Image search: [Google]
1449669761671p.jpg
321 KB, 1068x1600
If there was a way to convince me that it was being done strictly due to the scope of the project then I think it would make me happy.

But we all know that the reason we are all sceptical of that is because it's not the truth.
>>
>>319546480
want
>>
>>319550861
see
>>319542749

There are quite a few posts that explain their reasoning behind this in great detail actually.
>>
>>319550861
>But we all know
>know
Do you work at squeenix or something, or worked in industry in general?
>>
>>319535367
I'd rather have one big game with everything in it, but if that's impossible I'd rather have multiple games with everything in it over one game with shit cut out.

call me a shill but I love FFVII and Squeenix has me by the balls here.
>>
>>319551440

This entire thread explains why it would be impossible, as they've been saying for years.
>>
>>319550069
>Give them a chance I say.

Seriously this. The worst that can happen is they fuck it up, and you don't buy it, at which point you just go back and play FF7.

Life goes on.
>>
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/12/07/this-is-why-the-final-fantasy-7-remake-is-in-multiple-parts

Educate yourselves.
>>
They already explained why it needs to happen. They explained RIGHT after the press conference.

They could've left it in the air and left it to interpretation, but they explained straight away, and people still fling shit crying about how they just want your money.
>>
>>319551809

>linking IGN
>the idiots who started the episodic meme

Kill yourself.
>>
>>319552159
>press conference.

Meant to say press release, oops.
>>
>>319535367
I think if it is as they explained in the interview, that they're making it a segmented release for the benefit of the game and to acquire the funding they need to complete it instead of having it as a single release with their budget running out mid-development and having to cut important parts out resulting in an incomplete game similar to what happened with MGSV.\
>>
>>319535367
It's going to be average or merely acceptable, yet the blind idiot masses will lap it up.
>>
>>319552691

yes yes you're so much wiser than everyone else congratulations you're above the masses!
>>
>>319552249
And yet it's from a completely different author and also has a source. Famitsu. You double fuckwit nignog cocksucking mongoloid. You need to kill yourself.
>>
>>319552932

go away ign
>>
>>319553073
Top kek
>>
>>319553073
I'm so sorry for you.... Give me a second to make a text dump since you refuse to take off your tinfoil hat..
>>
nothing greedy about this for years ppl begged for the remake take my money take my money take my money that's what I hear in all these react videos so as fans I ask that you all chill and be happy that your wish came true
>>
>>319552159

>They explained the reason right away.... so that means it must be the truth!...

So that's why they're doing all this canvassing now to see whether people will accept it.

Come on anon, use your brain. These people don't give a fuck about games... only money. And parting as much of it from you as they possibly can.
>>
>>319553435
>PLZ SQEENIX TAKE MY MONEY MAKE FF7 REMAKE
>okay but we'll have to split it so you might have to pay some ext-
>BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>319553073
http://pastebin.com/cyfNe0iS

There, asshat.
>>
>>319553401

thank you spaceman
>>
Greedy but effective

Seeing how the noctis arc bit of more than it can chew
>>
>>319553619
>So that's why they're doing all this canvassing now to see whether people will accept it.

They're not even doing this. They've said they're sticking with this decision.

A company wanting to make money is not supernatural but it seems using YOUR brain is.
>>
>>319553619
Gonna need a source on this canvasing to believe you.
>>
>>319553919
>"If we were to try to fit everything into one installment, we would have to cut various parts and create a condensed version of Final Fantasy VII

>gives no reason as to why
>>
>>319554480
Time
Money
Space

Take your pick
>>
>>319554480

Well if you had a brain you'd realize it would be because of budget cuts over the period of time it would take to make it in one sitting.

Fucking learn to read. They just said the main issue was money not one paragraph above.
>>
>>319554123

Days and days of threads continuously on /v/ and elsewhere, are you blind?

Besides, they've managed numerous other games that are huge AAA games since ff7 and didnt need to split them. What are we upto now? FF15? Plus extras? 2 MMO's which are always more expensive.

Come on slow pokes. Get with the program.

This will be a massive cash chow whatever they do. They just poking around right now to see exactly how far they can push it. And trust me, it will be a long way.

I'm not saying don't do it, just saying they're not pulling the wool over our eyes. We're all adults here, not 15 year old gullible girls.
>>
>>319553435
>they repeatedly say that it will never happen because of how much work it would be and how much it would cost to develop
>instead they make some smaller side story shit that was all terrible
>each new generation, they keep saying that it's just not possible due to the scale of the game
>they re-release the original FF7 on multiple to shut people up, saying it's the best they can afford
>finally someone at SE goes "Yo, there's like 80 FF XIII games. Maybe the next project could be 7 if we cut the workload into segments?"
>"no. Still too expensive. We can't get HQ to fund that much money on a goddamn remake while the original already exists"
>"So we make it a new game. It will be FF7 with everything added from Zack's story and Advent Children retconned into it. A total overhaul of the story and gameplay. We'll go hard too - it will be the biggest project of ours in history and it must be good enough for the original fans to say that it's better than the original. Each installment will fund the project"
>"This would actually work."
>"but what about the retards on /v/? Won't they just think we're trying to milk the remake by splitting it?"
>"Yes. They are retards, after all."
>>
>>319554480
Does everything need to be spelled out for you? If they make the game in it's entirety the way they want to, in one go, they'd have to make cuts to shit they don't want to cut, and they'd probably run out of money.

This way they get a constant flow of cash and they don't have to cut shit because they're only focusing on one part of the game, not the entire thing.
>>
>>319554828
>Days and days of threads filled with idiots with no frame of reference who like to pull shit out of their ass
Truly the best source of facts
>>
>>319548675
>tech restrictions

Again, for the 50th times it's not about tech, it's about money. Read the thread for fucks sake.

Hell read the fucking interview here >>319553919

They never said storage would be an issue. They never once mentioned storage. They said they wouldn't be able to fit a remake of this scope into one game/project because it would lead to financial cuts over a long period of time, say 7+ years. This would also amount to a lot of cut content. So their solution for both issues of time and money is to release it as a series of games like the XIII Trilogy did. This way they're covered on both fronts. They've told use for decades, every single time someone asked them about a remake of 7 that it would cost too much, and it's true. FF7 cost 45 million dollars in 1996. A fully fleshed out remake with the pretty graphics everyone demands would cost almost double that in both time and money. They've told us this, and they told it again and everyone went apeshit. So would you rather them shit out an incomplete mess with loads of content from the original cut out? You can't have you cake and eat it here.
>>
>>319554918
/thread
>>
>>319554828
Actually we don't know just how big they're making FFVII remake, so no they haven't. And are you SERIOUSLY claiming posts on 4chan as a legit source??

Like, did you just do that??
>>
What if they go balls to the wall extrapolating the game, and ends up like

Game 1 is just 40 hours of Midgar
Game 2 is the 40 hours of Niebelheim flashback

And it ends up taking them like 7 games to finish the series

That would actually be cool as long as each installment wasn't a 10 hour cash grab
>>
>>319535367
>multi-series
[jewing intensifies]
>>
>>319554918
>>instead they make some smaller side story shit that was all terrible

>comparing a few spin-offs to a full blown remake

Do you really think all those projects even amount to the cost this remake would incur?

It would be nowhere close. Do the fucking math instead of shitposting for the sake of complaining about nothing.

>>319555106

I wonder if this is you.
>>
>>319554970
>>319555108

>Like, did you just do that??

Oh yes... I just went there.
>>
>>319555221
>40 of flashback
Oh come on
Crisis core was less than that and the nibelheim part was only one mission
>>
>>319537610
>There are people out there who have already bought PS4s for this, crazy as it seems.
I'd like some evidence, consumers may be stupid, but I don't believe you.

There are people on /v/ right now that bought a 3DS for Megaman Legends 3.
>>
>>319555460
The absolute madman
>>
>>319535367
I think its good as long as they hold true to the scale they say they're bringing it in. I mean to spend 50+ hours each release like a full game, if its less or the size of one disc while charging over $25 for each they can fuck off. My only requirement is that they're all connected with your save and shit, I don't wanna have to restart or something like that. Can't tell if they're treating them as separate games or not. I think it will be great if done right that way we get to play it sooner, its a good strategy honestly because it gets high priority games out sooner while being able to improve them and make them much bigger in the long run
>>
File: Capture.jpg (44 KB, 1589x125) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
44 KB, 1589x125
>>319555347
This was how much FFXIII cost to make. XIII was nothing but cutscenes and hallways.
>>
>>319535367
It's fine if they keep it at 3 parts and work to make each part feel like a full game with more side quest content and shit.
>>
>>319535367
Fun thread idea
>>
>>319555347
I get a feeling you're actually agreeing to the post you're linking
>>
>>319541302
A full game these days could be anywhere from 4 to 100 hours, that doesn't mean shit
>>
>>319555669

And the remake would cost twice as much as that because it wouldn't be just visuals. The grunt of the cost for that game was all visuals, which is why it was so linear and enclosed to begin with. To remake a game with an open world of FF7's size with those assets you're looking at triple that cost if not more. Also the size of the team would have to be huge if it's not spread out to multiple projects.

>In February 2010, Kitase said that in order to give a PS3 port of Final Fantasy VII a similar quality to Final Fantasy XIII, it "would take as much as three or four times longer than the three and a half years it has taken to put this Final Fantasy together! So it's looking pretty unrealistic to happen!" Kitase also commented that making games with the same style as Final Fantasy VII for the PS3 is very difficult, as it would take the staff too much time to create the graphics; because of this, Final Fantasy XIII is "more linear" than previous titles.[16] In a March 2010 interview, however, Final Fantasy XIII director Motomu Toriyama stated, "If we had the manpower and the time to work on a project, if we were to remake Final Fantasy VII with the quality of Final Fantasy XIII it would become a tremendous project. If we can get the number of people we need by all means that would be the one I would really want to remake."[
>>
>>319555981
Not him but what if it's the average "full game" size of previous square games that they're using as reference?
>>
>>319555902

I get the feeling you're actually shitposting.
>>
>>319555815

It's actually been pretty good. Better than in the past. Things are pretty civil, and shitposters are getting shut up faster.
>>
>>319556527
>guy posts a greentext explaining how SE came to the conclusion to split the game because it's much more expensive than anything they've made
>you yell at him how FF7R is much more expensive than anything they've made
>>
File: you used to.jpg (67 KB, 617x347) Image search: [Google]
you used to.jpg
67 KB, 617x347
>>319556680

Oh fuck I honestly misread his post.

Sorry it's 5am and I'm braindead.
>>
>>319556921
kek
>>
Maybe it wouldn't cost so much fucking money if they didn't get so stupidly ambitious with it as to literally rebuild the game from scratch.
Most people just wanted Final Fantasy 7 with PS3/PS4 levels of presentation, not this absolutely insane undertaking.
>>
>>319556351

bro he was agreeing with you
>>
>>319557153

I know, he was using it to show me how much a shitty game like XIII cost, to prove the remake would cost almost 4 times that.

I know see >>319556921
>>
>>319557041

You're contradicting yourself.

>as to literally rebuild the game from scratch
>people just wanted Final Fantasy 7 with PS3/PS4 levels of presentation

they need to do the former to achieve the latter
>>
>>319555806
That's not what it said. At all.
>>
>>319557041
see
>>319554918

Congrats on being one of those retards.
>>
>>319557041
>Most people just wanted Final Fantasy 7 with PS3/PS4 levels of presentation,
Anon..that IS expensive as well.
>>
>>319557153
>>319557263
>>319556942
>>319556921
>>319556680
>>319556351
>>319555669
Are you forgetting that costs are much bigger because a ps4 is much more demanding than a ps3 game?
>>
>>319557401
>>319557560
>>319557641
I never said it wouldn't still be an undertaking, but it's a shitload less expensive than totally reformatting everything to be more "modern".
I half expect them to do something really stupidly unnecessary and resource-wasting like trying to turn the abstract world map into an actual 1:1 scale environment at this point.
>>
>>319557761

No it isn't. There's barely a difference, in fact a PS3 game might be more expensive because of the retarded hardware.
>>
>>319557761
Why'd you reply to me? I only posted kek.
>>
>>319557864
>totally reformatting everything to be more "modern"

Except this is what everybody is begging for. Final Fantasy 7 with HD graphics.

People have wanted this since they teased it on the PS2.
>>
>Suddenly developing a video game just "costs too much"

Bullshit, they can develop literally ANY other game they want to, and this is never an issue that comes up

You're all being fooled
>>
>>319557041
Dude. The whole reason they didn't even make that was because it would be too expensive.
>>
>>319558034
Yes. "Final Fantasy 7 with HD graphics."
Not "Final Fantasy 7 with full 3D environments and a totally overhauled real-time battle system that would require extensive design changes and expansion in every location to work"
One of these things requires dozens of times more work and money to create than the other.
>>
>>319558384
And yet they're willing to put the money into a type of full-depth remake that requires way more budget and manpower?
That is the weakest fucking excuse on the planet.
>>
http://pastebin.com/cyfNe0iS

Seriously everybody needs to look at this. It more thoroughly explains the atb and their decision for multiple installments.
>>
>>319558303
Do you work in game development?
>>
>>319536490
>was supposed to
This would be a fitting slogan for SE.
>>
>>319558768

Do you feel the need to defend Square-Enix's greedy bullshit? Looks like it
>>
>>319558836

It's a fitting slogan for Nomura's ambition clouding his perception of reality.
>>
>>319558857
No, then
So you have no idea what you're talking about, yet continue posting
Okay
>>
>>319535478
Squeenix isn't much known for delivering within a reasonable time schedule.
I'd guess they'll release the second part aftee 1-2 years and after another 2 years they realise they arw running out of time and money, scratch everything and release a half finished final part.

Either that or five episodes for season 1 (disc 1) and rest.goes into limbo until the ps5 comes out
>>
>>319558998

And you do?

Unless you're implying you actually DO work for Square, and then it would make sense why you're so adamantly defending this rip-off nickel and dime bullshit
>>
>>319535367
>>
>>319558395
see
>>319554918
>>
File: 1440371745590.jpg (27 KB, 415x423) Image search: [Google]
1440371745590.jpg
27 KB, 415x423
>episodes
FUCKING
U
C
K
I
N
G

DROPPED
R
O
P
P
E
D
>>
>>319559096
No, but I actually understand that developing videogames is expensive as fuck and making something as huge as modern FF7 would take gigantic amount of money, so I'm more willing to believe that this is why they're splitting the game
But you keep screaming that the only reason is that they want to rip people off, because you think that money grows on trees and game development is free
>>
>>319557881
Nope
Every game now need better graphics, better poly models, better lighting, better everything that made games expensive last gen
Why do you think all AAA games suffer severe delays and are buggy at launch?
They're incredibly more complex which lead to much longer dev times
>>
>>319559192
Dude, you can keep samefagging your little SE dev fanfiction if you want, but it's not proving anything.
>>
>>319559446

Other people are making huge games everywhere

whether it's GTAV, the Witcher, MGSV, Fallout 4

it's not impossible due to it costing too much. Whoever said that is a fucking liar. I know it's possible because we've seen so many examples this year alone.

They just don't want to do that. They think people love Final Fantasy 7 so much that they'll pay for it 5 times
>>
>>319558395
>Yes. "Final Fantasy 7 with HD graphics."
>Not "Final Fantasy 7 with full 3D environments

Contradicting yourself again I see

>>319558395
>totally overhauled real-time battle system

If you really think they'd go to all this effort just to copy/pasta the turn-based system after having spent all this time and money on a gajillion pixels then you're extremely naive. Making a new battle system costs nothing compared to the aforementioned environments.

A 1:1 remake would only appeal to nostalgiafags, and corporate see that as a waste of money. They needed to pull a wider audience because if they're going to spend a fuckload they need to reassure the suits they'll make it back and then some. So they say okay we'll remake it but add a whole bunch of stuff to it to make it worth your while. New content that will both please fans and interest new people.

Not everything is about you unfortunately.
>>
>>319559186
biting satire on the state of gaming you got there! truly insightful!
>>
Square Enix wants to bring you the definitive FFVII experience. They want to flesh out the world. They want to make it bigger than the original. They want to give you (mostly) what you have been wanting since they showed off that BS PS3 trailer.

Give them a chance. You still have awhile to wait for the first installment, and if it's amazing, then awesome! If it's shit, then you don't have to worry about it anymore.
>>
>>319558685
Yes. Because there's less risk and it makes more sense in the end. Doing a straight upgrade that still has to be cut into parts leaves no incentive for someone who has already played the game (or even those who haven't) to get the whole thing. Given the fact that the original is still the 3rd most expensive game ever developed, the cost of the remake with modern standards would seriously hurt SE financially. They're not dummies and they won't bank that kind of investment on the hopes that people will play a game that's already out just because it has better graphics and voice. They've tried this before with other FF games and I don't think a single one of them did well.
>>
>>319559837
>Give them a chance.
I'm done giving Square second chances. They don't deserve it. They knowingly piss in the face of their customers
>>
>>319559729
Neither of those games is as big as FF7 was or especially going to be, not to mention MGSV and FO4 were released as incomplete messes
>>
>>319535367
My opinion is that they really really like money and have no creativity left.
>>
>>319559969
>Neither of those games is as big as FF7 was

Just because you have a whole "world map" to travel around doesn't mean that there's like an entire planet's worth of shit to see in the game. The scale of it is still considerably small. There really isn't as much to it as it seems
>>
>>319536326
>At least I know now they're not cutting it down
No you don't.
>>
>>319560047
Yeah, because giving /v/ the exact 1:1 remake with nothing more than prettier graphics is more creative than remaking it as though they were building it for the first time, only with today's technology.
>>
>>319560214
this 2bh
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.