[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ni No Kuni
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: NiNoKuni1.jpg (806 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
NiNoKuni1.jpg
806 KB, 1280x720
The 3DS version of this game ends at the Shaddar fight.

It gives you a real sense that this "Other World" is a coping mechanism for a child dealing with the death of his mother. Shaddar is even an evil version of himself he holds responsible for her death.

The PS3 version removes this subtext to some extent, providing an antagonist who is ultimately responsible they need to beat to save the world and adds a great post-game.

Now, the Ni No Kuni: Revenant Kingdom trailer completely and utterly destroys all that. They even call the world "Ni No Kuni" which doesn't even makes sense as to them, it isn't "Another World".

I'm worried this is going to be dog shit, because Ghibli aren't writing the story this time.
>>
>>319534156
The game also ends with you killing Shadar, and since Shadar is your soulmate, Oliver dies too. The end. That's it. then the PS3 version does an asspull and you don't die so you can do the shitty white witch story that was hamfisted into the game.

And the line is "it is a dawn of a new age, for all Ni No Kuni!"

What the fuck does that even mean
>>
File: char_115437.jpg (12 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
char_115437.jpg
12 KB, 210x240
The writing of Ni no Kuni was never that strong anyway. Even removing the White Witch crap, it's not the best story.
>>
>>319534156
>I'm worried this is going to be dog shit, because Ghibli aren't writing the story this time.
source?
>>
>>319534404
>And the line is "it is a dawn of a new age, for all Ni No Kuni!"
>What the fuck does that even mean

Exactly, it makes no sense.
>>
File: 1417355145044.png (26 KB, 279x320) Image search: [Google]
1417355145044.png
26 KB, 279x320
>>319534156
but what if its even better?
>>
>>319534491
the white witch didn't even exist in the original story.

>pea doesn't exist, neither does the zodiac counsel
>you just find a magic stick in a pile of sticks
>it's Marcassin who sends you back in time
>the wand you get to send you back to the present just happens to be a powerful wand, nothing else
>Oliver dies when Shadar does
>>
>>319534526

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-12-05-ni-no-kuni-2-revenant-kingdom-announced
>>
But the tacked on White Witch arc and the post-game battles were the best parts of the game gameplay-wise

If the story is on par with everything up until Shaddar, then it'll be fine
>>
>>319534872
the conductor story was the most tedious thing in the entire game, which is an accomplishment considering how tedious the game actually is.

And your reward for all that shit? You can ride the car that got your mom killed on the overworld which is redundant when you can fly anywhere not even halfway through the game.
>>
Yeah it will be western pandering garbage. Game sold like shit in japan the sequel only exists because murrica normals have a fetish for ghibli for some reason
>>
Isnt the 3ds game a sequel?
Its the same story?
>>
>3DS

Actually it was a DS version.
>>
>>319534156
Ni No Kuni has no Ghibli involvement at all.
Neither art nor story are done by Ghibli.
If you pay attention you will notice the art style in the second game is considerably way more "Anime" and much less Ghibli.
>>
Ni No Kuni is crap, how can anyone enjoy this shite?
>>
>>319537303
Voice acting, art design, and music are A+

Story, pacing, gameplay are C

Ghibli should stick to movies
>>
>>319538425
>voice acting
PIPPY WHIPPY WOLLY BOLLY OLLYBOY GOD SAVE THE QUEEN ITS 12 O BONG TOIM FER TEA DONCHU KNOW CHEERIO GUVNER
>>
>>319538734

You do realise that Drippy was Welsh and not English?
>>
>>319537303
crap like every anime related shit
pedophiles enjoy this kind of stuff.
>>
There is a 3DS version? What
>>
>>319538425

Ghibli didnt make the gameplay you retard
>>
>>319539175

Well, DS. I was being ubiquitous in my OP.
>>
>>319539052
>implying the rest of the world gives a fuck
It's britfag shit, no matter how you slice it.
>>
>>319539743
Not only are you retarded, but you're full of shit as well.
u·biq·ui·tous
yo͞oˈbikwədəs/
adjective
adjective: ubiquitous

present, appearing, or found everywhere.
>>
>>319534156
No one cares? The DS version sucked, which is why 2 isnt on Nintendo platforms.
>>
>>319540471
>DS versions sucked
Either you're a jap or a spic.
Which is it.
>>
>>319539948

Words can have multiple meanings.

In this case, I was using 3DS as an ubiquitous term which if you weren't educationally sub-normal you'd realise is a perfectly valid usage of the word ubiquitous.
>>
>>319538734
Maybe he was talking about JP voice work. That said, these britbong words FLIP the HECK out of me.
>>
>>319540754
Except it isn't, you uneducated nigger.
>>
File: ishygddt (9).jpg (28 KB, 700x392) Image search: [Google]
ishygddt (9).jpg
28 KB, 700x392
>>319540754
>Words can have multiple meanings.
Oh I get it. You're one of those people

>Video games doesn't have to be games
>>
Are they going to fix the retarded partner AI
>>
File: adobencha taimu.jpg (101 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
adobencha taimu.jpg
101 KB, 1280x720
>>319542687
It's Level-5.
What do you think?
>>
>>319542687
You can solo anything anyway, so what´s the problem.
>>
>>319543081
The problem is you're better off letting the retarded AI die in boss battles, the only time they should actually be helpful.
>>
Swaine is the best main. This is fact.
>>
>>319537303
I still have it from earlier this year when Amazon was selling it for $11 new, I have really low expectationsafter seeing all the complaints.
>>
>>319543468
So give command and switch ? Like i did it, like everyone did.
>>
>>319534156
there was no 3ds version.
>>
>>319542687
Level-5 sequels are always more polished than the first games.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.