[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My ps3 controller randomly pushes buttons on its own when playing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: PlayStation3-Sixaxis.jpg (2 MB, 3000x2480) Image search: [Google]
PlayStation3-Sixaxis.jpg
2 MB, 3000x2480
My ps3 controller randomly pushes buttons on its own when playing videogames. Already tried the tape thing inside the controller but it still randomly pushes buttons. Anyone got an idea? /x/ refuses to help
>>
>>319527435

Why are you asking x for help? Anyway, if you've cracked it open, cleaned it out, out it back together and no change, I'd just buy a new one.
>>
File: 1416428551676.jpg (34 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1416428551676.jpg
34 KB, 600x600
>>319527435
> /x/ refuses to help

Hard a larf. Never held a ds3 but here's a bump.
>>
>>319527435

Cerebral palsy can be a genetic disorder OP. I'm afraid you just have to treat your dysfunctional fine motor control symptomatically.
>>
>>319527435
>/x/ refuses to help

kek, your controller is probably fucked, mine was doing this with L2 but it turned out to be because the top/bottom outer shell were misaligned after someone dropped it and L2 stuck down or randomly depressed itself as the controller contorted with use.
>>
>>319527814
i'm fine thanks.
>>319527716
/g/ told me to ask /x/
>>
>>319527935

>actually asked /x/ for help

I stand by my diagnosis of cerebral palsy
>>
>>319528132
doc told me im okay
>>
>>319527435
RIP OP
I went through like 3 ps2 controllers wearing out the triangle button between Frequency and FFX, shit sucked.
>>
it's possessed by the spirit of dsp
>>
>>319527435
Sorry, but the type of lessons to exorcise the ghosts from your controller are only taught at a mountaintop seminary in Uzbekistan.
>>
File: Doc.jpg (10 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
Doc.jpg
10 KB, 210x240
>>319528192
Doc needs to lay off the chocolate, and give me back my fucking bike.
>>
>>319527435
L3 problem
>>
>>319528369
how much would it cost me?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cnXHaHw1qA
>>
>>319527435
Here is what you do.
>find a toddler at least 3 years old
>a duck (or any small animal)
>a metal bowl
>spray-paint (or any other permanent writing material)
>duct-tape
1.Duct the brat so she wouldn't get away.
2.Using your spray-paint etc. draw a triangle on the floor big enough for the duct taped brat to be in the middle. The pentagram is a holy symbol noobs
3.Drain the ducks blood and set it aside. Then decapitate it.
4. Place the bowl of blood on the lower left of the triangle, the body to the right, and the head at the top.
5.Say this incantation. "helpfag de abyssis, invoco te quia OP est unum fasciculum".

The being you summoned will answer your question by speaking with the head of the duck. But in return it shall require a vessel, for it cannot return to its realm immediately. The child shall be its host until it dies. But beware the little fuck can bring devastation to the world.
>>
>>319527435
>Already tried the tape thing inside the controller but it still randomly pushes buttons.
You mean using tape to push up the foam rubber?
If that didn't work my advice is to use something better than tape.

I modded all my controllers by fixing the foam rubber and no longer have any trouble with any of them after having had the random button bullshit problem with all of them.
And I have to say. Pretty damn shitty of Sony. There is absolutely no way they didn't know the foam rubber would shrink with time. They just want you to buy brand new controllers instead of fixing them. They designed them to break in 5-6~ years time. Those asshats.
>>
>>319528613
accidently duct the duck, and drew a circle what now
>>
>>319528132
Cerebral palsy doesn't mean you're stupid, though it could explain buttons "self pushing"
>>
>>319528701
thanks i'll try
>>
>>319527435
I've never had that problem maybe you shouldn't have pirated it.
>>
>>319528843
Bathe the kid in ducks blood, get another one, then burn the duck. Inhale the fumes and say "I captcha defecerunt iterum conare" then start over.
>>
File: $_57.jpg (91 KB, 800x650) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
91 KB, 800x650
>>319528905
I'd recommend something already adhesive like this. Just take two of them, and stick them to the old foam rubber and cut off any edges that goes beyond the foam rubber.
And then set the foam rubber in place with the pads stuck underneath it.

Should do the trick. It may be tough to close the shells again if you have essentially doubled the thickness of the foam rubber with the pads, but it should work if you just push and force it together with the screws afterwards. And even if it's tight, that's just all the better once it's finally re-assembled. Once it's firmly and tightly set in place and held in place from barely fitting inside of the shell, you won't have any further trouble and the foam rubber won't fall out of place since it's held in place.

Well. Good luck. It should work. There is always a possibility of breaking the controller but unless you do a major mistake somehow you should be fine. They are however essentially designed to break by design. So you either attempt to fix them yourself or buy a new controller. Blame Sony.
>>
>>319527435
>/x/ refuses to help
Gee, I wonder why.

I do have the same problem though. Haven't tried the known fix yet because lazy.
>>
All this fuckers who doesn't get the /x/ joke.
>>
>>319530105
I kinda do but it's not that funny.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.