[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this game really that bad? We all can agree that it had terrible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: Empire_Total_War_cover_art.jpg (108 KB, 256x317) Image search: [Google]
Empire_Total_War_cover_art.jpg
108 KB, 256x317
Is this game really that bad? We all can agree that it had terrible start and got abandoned relatively quickly, but i have to say I enjoy it a lot more than Napoleon which feels such downgrade compared to Empire.
>>
Best total war to date, lot of places to conquer, lots of different nations and good naval battles. Onoy bad thing is those tedious siegebattles because they're the same everytime
>>
Well, it's far more clunky than Napoopan (and Fall of the Samurai for that matter) in terms of UI, combat and pretty much everything they have in common.

Longer time span, good tech tree and wider geographical scope are what it has going for it and they certainly aren't minor things, but the scope unfortunately comes at a cost of minuscule detail ("capture the entire France in one battle" kind of issue).
>>
>>319526298
Siege battles are always the same in Total War.
Also, this is the TW when the AI cheats the least imo.
>>
File: MjHq0gq.png (784 KB, 1020x746) Image search: [Google]
MjHq0gq.png
784 KB, 1020x746
>>319525949
Best concept, worst execution IMO. I still enjoy it simply because I love the time period and the sheer scale of the playable area, but god damn does it have a lot of issues. Not even mods can fix a lot of them.

Napoleon has much better gameplay because CA actually did it right that time, but a much worse campaign map. Really, an Empire II with Napoleon-tier gameplay would be the best Total War ever.
>>
>>319527186
Napoleon feels right in terms of gameplay, but so short time span and small maps with so few provinces just isn't enough. Napoleon has only playtime for few hours and you're done with it.

But in Empire, what is greater than establish Prussian Americas?
>>
>>319527140
>Also, this is the TW when the AI cheats the least imo.

You may be right, in Rome 2 cheating is ridiculous even in Normal.There's no point destroying AI's economy because they got gold from nothing, and even if they only have one settlement left they can somehow summon fullstack army in one turn and keep multiple agents without problem.
>>
File: 1434478429333.gif (2 MB, 230x173) Image search: [Google]
1434478429333.gif
2 MB, 230x173
>>319527751
>playing Shogun 2
>the AI can convert Ashigaru into Samurai in the fog of war for free
>facing massive mounts of Samurai by turn fucking ten

Thank God there's a mod for that. Still not as stupid as Empire's 'Dagestan: World Police' though.
>>
>>319527972
I've never had any issue with Dagestan, i guess they always got overrun by some other nation early on.
>>
>>319528597
Sometimes the AI will just randomly offer themselves to Dagestan as protectorates or give them territory for no fucking reason. At the moment the Maratha Confederacy and two of the minor European nations have submitted themselves to Dagestan about ~30 turns in.
>>
File: poland.jpg (636 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
poland.jpg
636 KB, 1920x1080
>>319525949
I liked it better than napoleon. I have like 200 hours.

>play as ottomans for hours
>get curious about history
>wikipedia them
>find out turks are one of the most vile and genocidal people on the planet
>cant continue campaign
>>
>>319528884
That seems actually funny, but i'm sure it can be irritating. Is that a bug or what?
>>
>>319527972
That dagestan bug is from a mod.
>>
Hopefully we get a TW WW1
>>
I just like playing as redcoats
>>
>>319529457
There's already mod for Napoleon TW about that. It really wasn't as fun as I first thought but give it a try.
>>
>>319529457
It would be genuinely terrible without completely changing the way battles are played. This is also why a 40K TW would suck, before that gets brought up as well.

Total War: Warhammer looks great though.
>>
>>319529576
>>319529627

Yeah I feel like an actual standalone game would be better, however I can't imagine it progressing through history after that because that's MoW and CoH territory desu
>>
I just noticed I have it in my library. Was it in some bundle that I don't remember?
>>
>>319529691
I guess WW1 TW could be made properly if they wanted but they'd have to rebuild the whole game. WW2 wouldn't work though.
>>
File: 1449525100470.jpg (77 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1449525100470.jpg
77 KB, 500x667
>>319529039
>>
>>319527972
What mod fixes the AI in Shogun 2?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.