[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would you like to see in the next Fallout game /v/? What
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36
File: aahay8dgh89fgfdhfjghggg.png (1 MB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
aahay8dgh89fgfdhfjghggg.png
1 MB, 1024x640
What would you like to see in the next Fallout game /v/? What should Bethesda (or Obsidian) improve on from 4?
>>
Some actual content besides kill ghoul/raiders/mutants
>>
>>319523832
This may sound weird but i hope the game is a bit slower
Like in new vegas and even 3
Fallout 4 just feels so ...busy and things just aren't spaced out enough i feel like theres something happening around every corner in 4 and it makes that game feel to alive
>>
>>319523832
Move out from 50s into more 60s (New Vegas did this anyway with 60s Playboy/Ratpack culture) and an exploration of some 60s cultures like Neo-Psychedelia and the exploration of some 60s political themes (anti-establishment, Maoism, Anarchism etc)

An actual fucking Communist faction based on Cold War Propaganda. Communist Cold War propaganda is one of the single most identifiable things of the Cold War next to nuclear weapons, but this hasn't been explored at all in Fallout. Also damn it their grand scheme should be to paint the moon pink and draw a giant Lenin face on it.

Get rid of voiced character.

Return to proper skill, trait, SPECIAL, perk system. Fallout 4's level system is just shit and forces jack of all trades builds.
>>
Thousands of years after the great war.
Radiation has mutated almost every conceivable thing.
The world isn't just a wasteland anymore. There's greenery. Magic has popped up in the world. Medieval and whimsical society. You play the last human boy in the world who has a shapeshifting dog who spends his time looting dungeons and helping princesses.
>>
I just want them to add the possibility to kill everyone
>>
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 960x517) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 960x517
>>319525404
This
>Mfw when i just want to kill everything in my path but I'm unable to
>>
>>319523887
you forgot mercs and robots
>>
>>319523832
>What should Bethesda (or Obsidian) improve on from 4?
Everything beside the fps part.
>>
>>319524195
Totally.

>reviewers praise how dense the world is
>"there's something around every corner"

Oh. Okay. I guess I'll get it on sale in a year or so ... maybe.
>>
>>319523832
>Set somewhere that's likely to get snow
>you're sent out of the vault with your sister/brother, childhood friend and their Dad to get supplies for the coming snow storm - you split up
>you have to help a faction or two in the promise of supplies
>snow storm hits during this, your vault is snowed in, the wasteland is altered
>factions you helped survived, factions you didn't help are killed off or so weak they're hardly relevant
>factions you helped are at each others neck for wasteland dominance, they've got what they wanted from you, you still need to get your supplies somehow - either by helping them or turning against them
>if you only helped one faction, they control the wasteland in their own way, you still need your supplies though
>depending on the faction(s) you side with, the people you left the vault with may have died - you might find their body in the wasteland, or maybe even confront them if they've sided with opposing factions
>when you get back to your vault, and eventually get it open, the time you spent fucking around getting supplies determines the severity of the outcome
>spent too long? they ate each other
>spent not too long? they've turned on each other and are split down the middle
>spent a little bit of time? only a couple of people died, etc.
>the decision making for helping the people you left with, or helping the vault itself, will be a big part of the wasteland. You can end the game with either all the starting crew alive, or half the vault dead.
>>
>>319524195
I understand this. Too much is pushed at you, so the exploration doesn't feel organic. The density of the map just makes it feel claustrophobic a lot of the time, and while that can work if there's something actually worth following those things through for, here it just feels like logbook clutter. The amount of small, useless, uninteresting things that they expect you to do for no reason other than it just being there is enough to make the game feel "too big". And that isn't the case, it's just that you can't possibly have the desire to kill 10 raiders, 12 ghouls or 8 super mutants every 5 minutes just to wipe a quest off your list.
>>
>>319527529
>the time you spent fucking around getting supplies determines the severity of the outcome
I was loving it up to that point. I understand the common sense behind it but I like fucking around in big open world games way too much.
>>
>>319526101
Seriously. The best part of 4 was the fucking Glowing Sea because it so much more spaced out.
>>
>>319527529
No. One of the dumbest things Bethesda keeps doing is forcing a sense of urgency on the player. People like fucking around too much in these games. I don't want some dire threat hanging over me while I'm exploring and taking my time.
>>
>>319523887
this desu
>>
>>319527926
So do I. I prefer it to the main questline almost all the time, too.
There's no reason to do the main questline first in the recent Fallout games, and I think adding that will put some pressure on the player, but the reward of doing either is there, as well as the punishment. I suppose I see it as something that would make the choices feel more personal. You're either helping the people you left with, as well as yourself, or you're helping your vault.
>>319528242
Where's the sense of urgency in the recent games? Outside of the dialogue reflecting "I HAVE TO DO THIS", there's nothing that makes you feel like you have to do the main questline.
>>
>>319525679
gunners are basically raiders and even though robots are kinda interesting they are also rare
>>
>>319528394
The fact that your son/father is missing and you have to find them? All the fucking dialogue that forces you to explain that MUH SHAUN IS MISSING.

The way New Vegas started was better. You have a goal, but there is less urgency about it.
>>
>>319523832
new engine
>>
JUST

Let Obsidian make another New Vegas, Fallout 4 gameplay wise is fun, the story and interaction is shit

Things like this apart from the obvious pisses me off, take the quest with the Diamond City radio host as an example, Vadim the Russian gets you to help the Radio host boost his self confidence, if you wanna say fuck it and not help him you can go right over to his shack and kill him, quest then fails.

After that Vadim wont even comment on what you did, its as if you never picked up the quest in the first place, if you pulled this shit off in New Vegas you would be hated by the Community and they would let you know.
>>
File: 1449355236565.jpg (1 MB, 6190x2735) Image search: [Google]
1449355236565.jpg
1 MB, 6190x2735
>>319523832

Things to keep in:

1. Glowing Sea. If it was more like The Glow or something akin to the Courier's Mile, it would be amazing. The feeling of pure exploration plus the feeling of needing some kind of rad suit/powerarmor to get to the goodies inside. If there were more quests and more interesting characters, Glowing Sea would have been the most well-realized zone in 3d fallouts.

2. Companion interactions. Something that was missing from even New Vegas. All companions are buddies and that's what makes them fun to swap out and see what Nick has to say to Danse. However, it needs way more. NV's companion quests/affinity building are still far and beyond more nuanced and more interesting.

3. Unarmed animations. Melee animations. These are good, but the lack of meaningfull unarmed/melee skill combined with the nebulousness of perks, means that you dont feel like you earned it. You can come out of the Vault as a 30 year old housewife, pick up preston and wrestlemania the shit out of him. NV had unarmed skills you could learn from NPCs, as well as a shit ton more unarmed/melee weapons.

Honestly the only thing 4 needs is vastly more varied quest content, more interesting world. There are stuff it gets right, but everything else is boring/simplified to shit.
>>
>>319528598
Also to add on that, if you kill Travis, he gets replaced by that bald headed kid that sells Water in Diamond City, and he is unkillable.
>>
>>319528513
So yeah, outside of the dialogue, there's no sense of urgency. The storyline doesn't go anywhere for as long as you choose to avoid it, and that's fine, but the dialogue is a load of shit in 3 and 4, and that's part of the reason why. I'm not saying your task should interfere with everything you do, but there should be a risk and reward system to it at the very least, if only to make the wasteland feel like it has something going on when you aren't there. 3 and 4 are like solipsism simulators.
>>
>>319523832

they should let obsidan do it
>>
>>319523832
Some form of religion that isn't a psycho cult.
>>
>>319523832
Keep the gunplay, improve everything else.
New Vegas in the creation engine without Bethesda rushing it, that's all I'm asking for.
>>
>>319523832
boulder dome fucking sucked
>>
There's just so much wrong with 4 I don't even know where to start. It would be easier to just make another game in the style of New Vegas but in the Creation engine.

Although one thing F4 does well is the fact that you no longer need to enter a menu just to loot some junk off a raider, the real-time menu is a lot smoother. Also the ability to cancel out of VATS is a godsend
>>
File: obsidian-entertainment.png (96 KB, 700x375) Image search: [Google]
obsidian-entertainment.png
96 KB, 700x375
>>319523832
> almost no essential npc's
> world that makes sense
> story that makes sense
> more then one ending
> virtually no forced character story. You can role play as anything you want mostly.
> good writing
> good characters
> radio dj is not annoying
> respect for the lore
> no forced bullshit. If you want to, you can either help a faction flourish, or exterminate them. And the world changes because of your actions, people even talk about them, not just the radio dj.
>>
NV had a good thing going with the 'closing frontier' setting, I hope Obsidian could come up with something just as good in a different locale
>>
>>319528829
Yeah you're not really getting me. I'm saying that the main plot maintains a sense of urgency. It feels retarded to come out of the vault after having your kid stolen or whatever, to then wander off and do whatever you like (even though you can without any consequences).

I'm talking about it from more of a roleplaying perspective I guess.
>>
File: Fallout.jpg (214 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
Fallout.jpg
214 KB, 960x960
>>319523832
I would like to see the slide show come back.

FO4 had a shit ending.
>>
>>319528807
I want to cass Cass's little rose.
>>
>>319528082
DLC
>>
>>319529442
Yeah, I can understand that. I don't like that element of it either. I'm not really sure how you'd balance having a questline that feels important with being able to fuck around all the time though, so my answer to that was the outcome being; spend more time in the wasteland - save the people out there, or spend less time in the wasteland - save the people in the vault.
I guess it'd come down to the quality of writing. NV worked a lot better because everything felt more "fused" with the world, with the factions being a major part of that, your actions were reflected by the factions view on you, so even during fucking around it felt like you were doing something related to the world without your characters task being thrown up at you to throw you off.
>>
>>319530043
Yeah you're right. It works in NV because the story is about the world you are in, it's not about you as a character, so even when there is urgency in the world (fight for the dam), you can personally rationalise your actions not to be involved.

Bethesda are fucking simpleton retards who can't understand that that's what makes Fallout interesting at all -- the world and the factions. Instead they try to hamfist some tragic personal story into it to make sure that there is 'omg drama'.

I fucking hate Bethesda.
>>
>>319527529
How about just removing the time limit and make those outcomes achievable during branching points in the main quest. That way you could theoretically have a fully functional branching story-line.
>>
>>319523832
>Keep the gunplay and power armor mechanics
>Trash the stupid ass MMO modifier bullshit for weapons
>Don't make the game appeal to babies by giving you power armor in five minutes
>Stop the open world meme, you can't fucking pull it off for jack shit Bethesda
>Make the dialog not shitty
>Stop with these lame ass "are you MOTHER THERESA or HITLER" moral choices
>Respek the lore
>Have the player character be a small fish in a big pond instead of SAVER OF HUMENS
>Make the gamebyro engine not have NPCs fucking stop in their tracks and small talk when you walk by, it ingrains repeat lines (muh knee) and breaks any immersion because no one fucking does that

I could go on, but fuck dreams.
>>
File: 1365263522833.jpg (14 KB, 200x305) Image search: [Google]
1365263522833.jpg
14 KB, 200x305
I never thought I would say this, but Fallout 3 amazingly is much closer to an actual Fallout game than Fallout 4. The structure of 3 is very similar to the first game and aside from the shit-tier world building, story and dialogue, one could argue that 3 is the closest we're ever going to get to anything resembling Fallout. Fallout 4 is a disaster on almost every level and probably the biggest dissapointment this year even though my expectations were buried beneath the floorboards.

New Vegas is it's own deal, as it's more reminiscent of Fallout 2 than anything, and a pretty good Fallout game, held back by the fact that they had to work with Gamebryo.
>>
>>319527529
I don't want LE VAULT DWELLER VAULTBORN meme anymore, the game should be related to the vault, but I owuld rather play a game where you are someone who is part of the world and can feel more included in it, rather than the vault dweller who the whole world revolves around.

Hell, I'd even love a game where you play as a ghoul and are trying to make your way to the ghoul lands in Kansas or Gecko or the Reservation or some shit
>>
>>319530648
>Stop with these lame ass "are you MOTHER THERESA or HITLER" moral choices

Even that would have been an honest improvement over Fallout 4.
>>
>>319531019
Bethesda is incapable of doing anything that's not meme-tier.

They are creative bankrupts. Yes I fucking mad, after the abomination that was FO4. I wish someone else would take the license.
>>
>>319528807
I would love to play a game based on Raul, he's probably one of my most favourite side characters.

>>319531169
>tfw Troika didn't win the auction for the Fallout IP
>tfw Troika didn't make Van Buren and then use that money to make another VTMB and countless more fallouts
>tfw Troika will never partner with Obsidian and make 10/10 RPGs
>>
>>319531271
>tfw Fallout couldn't have even died a peaceful death
>>
I wanna see some actual fucking consistency in the worldbuilding. Fallout 2 and NV are set in new areas, but they show you what happened to the groups from Fallout 1.

Meanwhile 3 introduces groups like the Tunnel Snakes, Riley's Rangers, Talon Company, Vault 87 muties, The Pitt raiders... and then does nothing with them.
>Tunnel Snakes were replaced with the Atom Cats
>Talon Company replaced by Gunners
>Vault 87 replaced with Institute muties
>The Pitt never even mentioned: what happened to Ashur turning the place into the center of post-war industry?
If you're gonna build a world, I wanna see some of that worldbuilding pay off in the next game.
>>
File: 1341286708711.png (33 KB, 255x216) Image search: [Google]
1341286708711.png
33 KB, 255x216
>>319531169
>I wish someone else would take the license.

Oh my fuck, the saddest realization playing Fallout 4 was that people are willing to put up with garbage everything because the IP is so strong and fairly unique. Literally any fucking studio could do a better job than Bethesda
>>
File: tobey-maguire-crying.jpg (40 KB, 625x417) Image search: [Google]
tobey-maguire-crying.jpg
40 KB, 625x417
>>319531271
Stop, my heart can't take this crushing disappointment.
>>
>>319531439
Not to mention:
>Capital Wasteland still implied to be a shithole
>did the residents of Vault 101 actually make something of themselves in the wasteland? An east coast Vault City? An east coast Arroyo? Give me SOMETHING.
>>
Does anyone notice the poor quality of Fallout villains after the first two games? Enclave East Coast, The Calculator, The Institute and even Caeser's Legion and Ulysses don't feel as intimidating as The Master's Army or The Original Enclave.
>>
>>319523832
If they're going to make a shooter then they actually need to use a good engine for shooters like UE or Frostbite inb4 Frostbite hate

But wha they REALLY should do is make it a proper RPG once again. Not only bring back fucking skills and character creation, but also allowing you to interact with your environment, have greater levels of character interaction and all the other GP shit.

Right now Fallout is just not in any way an RPG.
>>
>>319531439
Every quest/situation/faction in a Bethesda game is an island. Nothing connects to anything in any meaningful way. They cannot into world-building at all. It's just a series of memes and set-pieces that are meant to wow the player with a cheap thrill at first glance. It's a themepark.
>>
>>319523832
don't you mean 'what do you want to see on fallout 4 expansion'?
>>
>>319529004
That would be unrealistic.
>>
>>319531602
>Ceasar's Legion
>Villains

Anon, pls.
>>
>>319523832
>What would you like to see in the next Fallout game /v/?

i want to play someone other than another fucking vault dweller and of course the obvious stuff like bringing back the all rpg mechanics.
>>
File: 1445926052082.webm (1 MB, 608x360) Image search: [Google]
1445926052082.webm
1 MB, 608x360
>>319528807
That Veronica's pretty cute
>>
>>319530525
Yeah, that'd probably work a lot better for most people. I guess I just want to see some revival of time-based stuff.
>>319531019
I was trying to keep it more in theme with what I'd expect from a new Fallout game, but trying to make that interesting to me. In my most ideal Fallout game, you'd likely just be a wanderer who gets caught up in shit, with the ability to choose your faction from the start, similar to DA:O's openings.
>>
>>319531271

The supposed plot for Van Buren didn't sound that great. Mad Scientist disillusioned that post-War humanity is making the same mistakes as before so he wants to nuke America all over again? Yeah ok.
>>
>>319531763
Ebin
>They wanted to save the wasteland by making everyone equal
>Equal slaves that is
>>
Any good RPGs that are like Fallout 1+2?

I just bought Shadowrun series on the GoG sale. Did I fuck up?
>>
>>319532194
Wasteland 2 is the closest to a spiritual successor to Fallout 1-2.

I haven't played it but it's apparently alright.
>>
I'd like the chance to play as a Ghoul. Just stray away from the Vault Wanderer playthrough for something completely different.
>>
>>319523832

I want to go bowling with Vadim
>>
>>319531963
Out of curiosity though, considering the amount of knowledge that is out there on what the Van Buren story was, what the quests were, etc, surely some enterprising autist could basically make the game and then fill in the blanks rite?
>>
>>319523832
Make it less like Skyrim and more like Fallout 1-2. But that would sacrfice the Mainstream appeal that 4 has, and they would rather make money instead of pleasing the Fallout core-fanbase.
>>
>>319530648
>Don't make the game appeal to babies by giving you power armor in five minutes
Well considering you can just run north for a bit and get a frame in five minutes anyway I don't know if it totally matters. Really it only feels like a big slap in the face because of how long it took to get the one of maybe two power armor sets in the game before.

If you want to have the mechanics stay the same, then explaining the mechanics early gets people interested in using them. Learning about Fusion Cores and frame augmentation after so long seems like it will make people go 'yeah well I don't need it now, why would I need it here?' where before it was just 'finish a quest, now you can put it on'.

My guess is make it clear from the start you're going for the use of the frame, not the Power Armor itself. The idea is the strength of the frame will let you rip out the minigun, and since the minigun was the focus of the mission, it should be what they're trying to get. Maybe you start out with the idea of going down to get the core, (in this world, the Minutemen are cornered further in the middle of the building) getting a note about where the armor frame is up top, then combining those two to sneak/fight up to the Minigun, then jumping down, blasting up scum...

AND THEN, when the Deathclaw comes, you fight him, win, and either from finding the last sap in a frame that lost a fusion core (maybe the raider leader, originally planning to come through the sewers to kill you?) or some other force, you get a lootable guy with a few arms or chest pieces. They subconsicously give you the bulk that puts in your mind that your battle took a lot of muscle, while also emphasizing the rarity of armor frames and power armor. And still have the rest scattered about nearby, like with the USAF station. Reward exploration, but make it clear that this is the low-tier of armor.
>>
>>319532194
Arcanum and Underrail are closest things we will ever get to first two fallouts.
>>
>>319532515
you mean, make it with shitty graphics and gameplay again?
>>
>>319532569
No I mean with good writing and actual roleplaying. There are plenty of shitty shooters with mild rpg elements, Fallout 4 didn't need to be one of them.
>>
>>319531498

>Dice makes Falloutfront
>Get to play the battle of hoover dam
>Cool skirmishes between NCR and Legion
>Vehicles

>Rockstar makes Fallout
>A Red Dead Redemption like world, you get around it on a motorcycle, big cities à la Los Santos to fuck around in
>>
A lot of perks.
A lot of weapons and armours which can also be modded for extra stats and shit.
More companions, more romanceable companions.
Factions with a decent karma system.
It'd be pretty cool to get pets too, somehow recruit a radroach or a night stalker.
>>
>>319532527
It would be alright if they just gave you the frame at the start, and removed all the stupidly accessible frames/parts in the world (the ones that you can just walk up and take).

Put additional frames and good components in difficult to access fortified areas, that actually make sense, like Gunner headquarters, military bases, etc. It's been 200 fucking years, I'm pretty sure that suit of fucking Power Armor sitting on a train would have been looted long ago.

Fuck Bethesda.
>>
>>319532194
>Did I fuck up?
nah, srr is a good game its just overshadowed by dragonfall because it improved on srr by leaps and bounds. hong kong is good too which itself will probably eventually get the dc treatment.
>>
>>319531498
Playing Skyout 4 gave me hope for a spinoff made by Obsidian. That made it less painful.
>>
>>319532194

Actually they are all quite good! Just don't expect too much as they are crowd funded.
>>
File: 1379651520304.gif (447 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1379651520304.gif
447 KB, 500x333
>>319532715
Yeah, seriously. Literally any other studio could take the IP and make it their own, instead of a series of mediocre action-RPGs that attempt to emulate the feel and mechanics of the previous games, failing miserably.
>>
>>319532857
>spinoff made by Obsidian

Bethesda's butt hurt that they made a better game than them in less time and with a smaller budget so I really don't see that happening, sadly.
>>
>>319532761
Frames are useless without cores, so the investment to activate one and keep it active isn't totally accessible for most NPCs, who are tied to farms, or jobs, or are Raiders and therefore can't really go around anywhere. Outside of you, only organized factions and large raider parties have armor at all. So I'm fine with them being on trains, provided there's only a few pieces and it's behind some hacking checks or a couple of super mutants interested in the military weapons they can use (like my encounter was with that train frame)
>>
>>319532715
>Fallout made by Platinum
>>
armor that's not wearing plastic shit around your wrists and ankles. holy fuck does fo4's armor suck donkey dicks, the ck cannot come out soon enough. thank fuck we have some basic mods in the interim.
>>
Make it an RPG.
>>
>>319533017
I don't get why /v/ jerks off to platinum as much as they do
>>
>>319533001

Except you can still enter a frame without a power core and you would just be a slower moving hunk of metal.
>>
File: 1310479979213.jpg (35 KB, 508x595) Image search: [Google]
1310479979213.jpg
35 KB, 508x595
>>319532959
>Make Fallout 3 using the same engine that you've used for the last 2 games
>Have worked with the same toolset and workflow for a decade
>Give it to Obsidian to make F:NV
>They make a better game in less time despite being unfamiliar with your tools and engine.
>Expose you as hacks
>Force them to release early because chronic butthurt is setting in
>Never mention it again and hope everyone forgets.

lol fuck Bethesda. Pirated FO4 and dropped it after 10 hours. Even normies are starting to realise how shit they are.
>>
>>319533219
dunno either, much as I liked MGR, their games are all the same Platinum style.

Airbender and Transformers were basically phoned in with some template they've got lying around. play one, you've played them all.
>>
>>319533219
Yeah I don't get it. They are repetitive as fuck as /v/ just jerks themselves off to it because it's just like their Chinese cartoons.
>>
>>319533001
>Frames are useless without cores, so the investment to activate one and keep it active isn't totally accessible for most NPCs
Really because there are cores everywhere. The world seems to be shitting cores.
> isn't totally accessible for most NPCs, who are tied to farms, or jobs, or are Raiders and therefore can't really go around anywhere
Are you serious bro? If someone has a job or farm or is a raider (who even have looted Power Armor)
>Outside of you,
Exactly, what makes you so special? Why does it no make sense for all these NPCs to have it but it makes TOTAL sense that you do. Oh cause you're not a raider or a farmer right? They magically aren't allowed to leave where they live.

>So I'm fine with them being on trains, provided there's only a few pieces and it's behind some hacking checks or a couple of super mutants interested in the military weapons they can use (like my encounter was with that train frame)
So, you're an idiot. Like I said raiders even HAVE power armor throwing your little theory out the window. Not only do they have it, they spent time modifying it making it WORSE even though there's appearently a complete set sitting in the train tracks and no one of them isn't even behind a computer. It's literally sitting out in the open with a fully charged fusion core.

Go fuck yourself dude. Stop apologizing for shitty design, you're such an ass kisser it's pathetic. Thank god you aren't making games.
>>
>>319533219
Which Platinum games have you actually played?
>>
>>319533267
Again, what would raiders need in that, or farmers, or anyone not tied to an organization, of a large hunk of metal you can barely crawl in? Your exploration makes that find worth the investment of actually going to get it, and your time putting into upgrading and building it makes it better.

The locations are fine, for the sets you can actually get with those ones (half of a T-45, the helmet and arms of a T-51) are just as sparse anyway.
>>
>>319533558
>Go fuck yourself dude. Stop apologizing for shitty design, you're such an ass kisser it's pathetic. Thank god you aren't making games.
I saw that line first, and I'm not reading the rest of this. If you aren't going to show some modest respect for the debate you're not worth indulging an examination of your counter.
>>
>>319523832
Somehow make it canon that liberty prime never existed. Also stop sucking the dick of BOS.
>>
>>319533775
Where do you think you are ass face. I'm sorry I hurt your precious feelings but your refusal to respond to anything I say (and resort to ad hominem, the very thing you criticize me for) only outs you as being full of shit.

So you thank you anon, I agree, I am right. You're full of shit.
>>
>>319533627
>MGR
Lel muh epic samurai laser sword ITS JUST LIKE MY CARTOONS MUM
>Transfomers
Literal shit
>Vanquish
Actually enjoyed this except it was like 45 minutes long.
>Bayonetta
>Implying I have a Wii
>>
>>319533775
>I want respect for my shitty opinions
Tumblr is that way, dude.
Grow some skin.
>>
>>319532194

Shadowrun's stat/skill system would actually be a cool alternative to Fallout's SPECIAL system to be honest.
>>
>>319533902
Well exactly you played very few of their actually good games.

People like them because I'm not sure if you're aware but it's the same team that made Devil May Cry 3, Viewtiful Joe, an Okami. Then after that they made Bayonetta and Vanquish. All games are extremely original and very good. It's rare for a team to have so many classics under their belt.

Even their less than stellar games like MGR, Wonderful 101 and Madworld are still good because they're at least unique in their own right.

The new Transformer an Avatar games... I don't know what the fuck is going on over there. My best guess is that the real team is working on the new Nier game and they've got new hires or less talented team members turning out those budget games to make a quick buck. It is unfortunate though as it is damaging their image as evidenced by this thread.
>>
>>319531504
Wonder if Bethesda ever reads these threads.
>>
>>319533824
>Fallout 5
>Bethesda can't think of anything other than "[Family member] leaves the vault and you have to go after them!" for a plot
>They decide to just do a reboot
>Fallout: Origins
>It's just Fallout 3 again
>Even worse than before

War, war never changes.
>>
>>319533678

>what's the point of pre-war armor that's essentially godmode against the shitty armaments of the shitty raider collective.

I dunno. Put a guy in power armor in a high place and have him keep lookout with a rifle? Farmers can donate it to Diamond City in exchange for protection? Sell it? There's no excuse for power armor not to be coveted.
>>
>>319532740
Spotted the console kid.
>more perks
You're not God enough by level 20 you little shit?
>>
>>319534212

>Implying we aren't getting Fallout Online
>>
>>319527880
Yeah you cant even click on the fucking minimap if you wanted to fast travel. Its so much in one area, then other areas are completely barren.
>>
>>319533001
fuck off bethshill
>>
>>319533775
>show some modest respect for the debate you're not worth indulging an examination of your counter.

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realise 4chan was a safe space.

Fuck off you cunt.
>>
>>319534427
>MFW you're probably right
>>
>>319534427
Please no.
Surely they learned their lesson after elder scrolls online.
>>
File: 1389663216792.png (148 KB, 520x3176) Image search: [Google]
1389663216792.png
148 KB, 520x3176
I want people to build actual fucking houses in the next Fallout with functioning fucking bathrooms, kitchens and living spaces, not shacks and broken toilets and beds with no sheets on them.
>>
>>319523832
I want a story where you are a synth american spy in China. You lost contact with the USA after the nuclear holocaust and the game's main mechanic is learning concepts, philosophy and emotions, having in mind you were programmed to do nothing but report chinese activity and disregard every action you see as evil.

China could have a ton of warring factions trying to control what's left of the wasteland, and of course it would have to be done by Obsidian, since they are the only ones who handled multi factions decently so far.
>>
>>319534846
I'm pretty sure China is just a cratered, glowing wasteland after the Atomic War.
>>
>>319533627
Both bayonettas and wonderful 101 Bayonetta was okay for hack and slash but 101 was terrible for me
>>
>>319535226
Well, I played 2, 3, NV and 4 and found no reference so far about China being totally destroyed.

I guess it could be located near Mongolia, with rideable Radhorses.
>>
>>319535587
Hmm I could be wrong. Might be thinking of a different country. I don't know if much is said about China at all.
>>
Canadian Fallout when, eh?
>>
File: 1428820961847.png (94 KB, 226x220) Image search: [Google]
1428820961847.png
94 KB, 226x220
>>319534372
w-what?
>>
File: 1449529159098.jpg (33 KB, 460x650) Image search: [Google]
1449529159098.jpg
33 KB, 460x650
>>319523832
It being an RPG would be nice. (also, writing better than that of a teenager.)
>>
>>319535839
Pacific NW Seattle Vancouver would be tops
>>
>>319534427
It will still be invaded by russians occupying the fuck out of everything
>>
>>319532695
>There are plenty of shitty shooters with mild rpg elements, Fallout 4 didn't need to be one of them
why not become a good shooter with mild rpg element then?
>>
>>319532462
There was a team of people on No Mutants Allowed using the design documents which are apparently out there somewhere to remake Van Buren as a total conversion mod for Fallout 2. I stopped going there ages ago, so I don't know if they're still at it or not. I highly doubt it.

Even if they were, there's no guarantee it would be any good at all.
>>
File: Pacific NW.png (763 KB, 1356x708) Image search: [Google]
Pacific NW.png
763 KB, 1356x708
>>319536348
Convince me anon. Draw a square around the playable area
>>
>>319531861
>That punch became her salvation

>>319531954
>I guess I just want to see some revival of time-based stuff.
Though fallout 1 did it good. You can clear the time limit early on, then you fumble about the wasteland.
>>
File: 1449668339216.png (987 KB, 1356x708) Image search: [Google]
1449668339216.png
987 KB, 1356x708
>>319537114
>mountain range (mostly) cuts off playable zone
>vancouver occupied by BoS
>fringe army remnants (non BoS) occupy abbotsford area
>seattle independant faction
>NCR expanded into portland
>seattle independant faction

I envision a long and tall map that stretches up the coast
>>
>>319523832
you cant improve on perfection.
>>
>>319537862
What is the smaller rectangle for and how do you travel between them?
>>
>>319523832
FLORIDA

THERE'S SO MUCH SHIT YOU CAN DO WITH THAT STATE, FROM RADGATORS TO THE EVERGLADES TO DISNEYLAND

PLUS WEIRD SHIT HAPPENS THERE ALL THE TIME SO YOU CAN EASILY IMPLEMENT A WILD WASTELAND THING
>>
>>319537862
I think they should minimize the involvement of the previous game factions. Like making the BoS presence minimal, like just a few corpses or an expidition, and NCR only having a very small influence in the area, like only having a diplomatic envoy.
Give the area its own strong factions and power struggles.

You can deviate from the main lore without fucking it up, or make a new one. That's what Bethesda failed to do in 4 also probably 3, but 3 is a come-back game. .
>>
>>319538691
Oh yeah. And with Floridas stereotypical portrayal as a nutjob breeding-ground, you can put a lot of characters in it too.
>>
>>319523832

Make a game that doesn't shit itself and drop to 2 fps when you walk into the city
>>
>>319538695
I agree with this, I'm really tired of the Brotherhood especially. Factions can be so interesting so it annoys me to see one repeated through every game
>>
>>319538691
Giant inbred family of super mutants living in the swamplands please
>>
>>319538607
Sorry, I forgot to type it. Remnants of the Canadian resistance "Bordens Boys" or something. Basically take the piss out of Canada: The Zone.

Secret tunnel or something in Whistler to get through the mountains. Fast travel afterwards.

>>319538695
>NCR only having a very small influence in the area, like only having a diplomatic envoy.

NCR haven't gone past Portland in my scenario, could just have an embassy in Seattle

Native american faction could be pretty interesting.
>>
>>319535769
The only country I read confirmed to be completely destroyed is Israel, found it in the wiki a while ago.
>>
>>319539014
I've thought the same thing about a native american faction. Their care for the environment in the fallout setting would be interesting, as well as imagining their weaponry and ways of fighting
>>
>>319539014
now I'm picturing a faction living in an irradiated glacier which sounds based
>>
>>319539014
A "fuck you white-man this land is ours again" faction can be awesome. Or a Canadian "never-forget" faction, a faction who never forgot the atrocities did by the US back in the war, with prewar-ghoul leadership, could work.
>>
>>319539204
Shame it didn't took the people with it. Fucking Vespasian.
>>
>>319533219
It's a meme you daft cunt, very few people actual enjoy their shitty games.

It's like "what do you think Yoshi's egg smells like ha ha" to say "what if Platinum made x".
>>
>>319539660
Bethesda wouldn't be very eager to delve into the native american issue I think. They pretty much avoid all human on human racism or racial tension in fallout.
>>
Make it actually play like a next gen game.

No loading screens, graphics, etc
>>
I think it'd be pretty interesting having the NCR slowly creep across the US and exploring how different groups in the wasteland deal with suddenly being next to a fully-fledged nation with proper infrastructure and shit.
>>
>>319540009
a game with no graphics doesn't sound very good anon
>>
>>319540239
>Fallout 5 is a pen & paper RPG
>it's still full of bugs
>>
>>319524802
There are lots of anarchist themes in NV. I have a feeling a few of the devs at Obsidian are Anarchists. Hopefully they'll expand upon all that stuff more in the future.
>>
>>319540009
A fine with not-so mind blowing graphics. Cause making a game more graphically advanced cost a lot more than giving a game good enjoyable mechanics.
>>
File: Being_on_fire.gif (89 KB, 358x285) Image search: [Google]
Being_on_fire.gif
89 KB, 358x285
I beat 2 yesterday and 1 the previous week each for the first time. It kills me that each game was so close to perfection in my eyes, and we'll never get a return to the formula.

All I want from Bethesda is to connect some of what they do. Fallout 2 felt so special because I felt like I influenced it. Do something like connecting saves, anything. I don't care how much they fuck up the lore as long as they stick to whatever they create.
>>
>>319525283
No
>>
>>319529028
>Tale of Three Wastelands
just wait for the geck anon, and those guys will get right on it
>>
>>319532959
Everyone says this like it's a proven fucking reason as to why Obsidian won't get to make another and just takes it just like they let their wife take the neighbors cock.

Not me. Where's the fucking proof? Where do you retards get this idea?
>>
>>319541602
Ignore them anon. Just pray Fallout wont get taken by zenimax. I hate those fuckers.
>>
File: harold exercise ball.jpg (313 KB, 2831x2000) Image search: [Google]
harold exercise ball.jpg
313 KB, 2831x2000
>>319523832
Trash the voiced MC with a linear backstory and give me actual choices in dialogue again instead of
>I'm level 60 but can you inform me of what a ghoul is, again?
>Yes
>Sarcastic Yes
>No (Yes)
Also, Fallout with a snowy setting instead of temperatete/desert would make my dick hard. Maybe in Canada or near the Great Lakes region in winter time.
>>
>>319542250
After reading a lot of people people saying they want a snowy setting, i just realized i wasn't the only one who wants to play in a literal nuclear winter wonderland.
>>
How about less bugs and acceptable animations
>>
>>319531271
>We'll never get arcanum 2
>>
>>319542482
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkFP0VwpPRY as the trailer song
>>
>>319538695
I would like the bos just to chill in their bunker.

Like in fo1. No need to force it upon you.
>>
>>319541602
It's just conjecture stemming from the way Bethesda seems to go out of their way to ignore everything related to New Vegas, coupled with the whole Metacritic thing. It's dumb though I agree.
>>
>>319543058
40s and 50s christmas songs on the radio would be great too
>>
>>319523832
It not existing
>>
>>319525283
You mean shadowmeme
>>
>>319531019
so.. NV?
>>
>>319543058
>Bethesda
>paying anything more than the bare minimum for music licensing

You could give them literally unlimited resources to make a game and I bet they'd still cheapskate the music,
>>
File: Fallout3_1_lg.jpg (237 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Fallout3_1_lg.jpg
237 KB, 800x450
I see a lot of people talking in general terms here (better this, better that), but besides the obvious technical improvements the game could have, how would you make the next Fallout?
What would be the main themes? (visually and metaphorically)
How does the game start and what is the end goal?
What factions do you create and which do you bring back, and how do they interact?
Let's get creative here.
>>
File: XnigEHa.jpg (654 KB, 2851x1015) Image search: [Google]
XnigEHa.jpg
654 KB, 2851x1015
After the defeat at hoover dam Legion is hunted down by the NCR

But now new midwestern brotherhood has discovered that the Legion had been capturing its scripes.

Not long and the legion is at war with the bos and ncr and soon these two factions discover eachother. --->potential war.
>>
>>319539014
What is Bordens? I'm not American/Canadian
>>
>>319543815
>What would be the main themes?
war, war never changes :^)
>>
>>319539014
>>
>>319523832
new enemies/monsters
>>
File: 22.jpg (3 KB, 120x120) Image search: [Google]
22.jpg
3 KB, 120x120
I think that Fallout had a good run. Time to let it sleep.
Seriously. Fallout 4 is already painfully needless. It adds absolutely nothing to the Fallout universe, it shoehorns in thematics so far detached from the original premise it's not even funny, or it just constantly regurgitates the same old boring shit that we have seen five time already.
New Vegas was Fallout's swan song. We don't need any more Fallouts - we did not need Fallout 3 and 4 to begin with. I loved the original Fallout 1/2 and reasonably enjoyed New Vegas, but I really, REALLY think it's time to start building some new IP.

People who demand a new Fallout are the fucking cancer. How did we get to this point where endless sequel milking has became a complete norm? Why do we need every series go past four or five entries?

So... No more Fallout for me. Figure something new out.
>>
>>319544615
nice blog, homboi.
maybe you should send it to Todd.
To EA, Activision, Square, Tecmo, Namco, Devolver, Sega... as well.
>>
is it bad that I want an enclave focused game where you can rebuild America? That goes against the entire spirit of Fallout (which is about building a new world and not trying to live in the past) but I still want it
>>
>>319544615
The sad thing is potential exists, there's still so much they could cover, Bethesda are just incompetent fucks
>>
>>319543343
Let the hermits be hermits. Its been 200 years they should take the hint.
>>
>>319525404
>>319525537

Deus Ex Invisible War tried that and it didn't work out so well (tl;dr anyone important talked to you via hologram/phone). FNV is the only game that got it right, only the doctor in Goodsprings is unkillable.
>>
>>319544852
No, there actually isn't. Let's be perfectly clear here: Fallout started running out of ideas with Fallout 2. You know all the cretins complaining about the tone of Fallout 2 not being quite right? That is because Black Isle already has been scratching the bottom of the Fallout jar 17 years ago.
Fallout universe and concept isn't that complex and rich to begin with. Never really was. It's great, atmospheric, but the entire fucking point has been bled dry before they even started working on Fallout 3.
Everything else is just forcing shit that ostentively isn't Fallout under the Fallout brand, because people are fucking retards and buy brands, not products.

We could have two or three good IP's instead this. There is nowhere to take the franchise that would not be better served being given it's own one.
>>
>>319545193
>Goodsprings is unkillable.
wut no he isnt
>>
>>319545193
Mitchell is killable
Yesman is basically a phone person.
>>
>>319543815
Did Fallout 4 have any themes? Fallout 1 and 2 had a "life and civilization will always find a way to continue" thing going on, New Vegas was about how people were obsessed with replicating the past, 3 was... sacrifice, I guess?
>>
>>319545193
The goodsprings doctor is killable, the only unkillable NPCs are Yes Man (who you technically can kill but comes back) and the children
>>
>>319545756
The theme of fo4 is very meta.
The game revolce about the player. But just as long as the developer make it
RAILROAD
A
I
L
R
O
A
D
>>
>>319545296
but there is. make a game covering the events up until the bombs. expand on one of the settlements shown in ending slides. make something take place between 1-2. cover the other regions of the USA
>>
>>319545756
No Bethesda games have any themes ever.
They are just fantasy sandbox to mess around with some giant you must destroy at the end of the main quests and several side quests.
Sometimes a pseudointellectual writer will make something sounds meta but that just twisting the narrative and gameplay with words to appear smart.
>>
>>319523887
>some actual content from the content that already exist
>>
File: 1449660650762s.jpg (2 KB, 125x66) Image search: [Google]
1449660650762s.jpg
2 KB, 125x66
im 90% sure obsidian and bethesda are going to alternate between fallout games where obsidian focuses on the west and bethesda focuses on the east
>but i could be wrong so don't quote me
>>
>>319546209
You are a moron.
The fact that the events prior to the bombs are irrelevant is basically one of the core fucking themes of the original game.
Remember the "the details are trivial and meaningless, the reasons, as always, purely human ones." in Fo2 intro. That was there for a fucking reason.
The same goes for covering other parts of America. Fo3/4 already made the moronic attempt: there is a reason why Fallout was set on the eastern coast.
There is nothing happening between Fo1/2 that would really actually bring anything new to the table worth actually covering.

None of this makes any sense, expands in any way on what Fallout established itself to be about, provide any substantial aesthetical or mechanical theme that would not contradict or negate itself with the original Fallouts.

Yeah, you can always think of ANY ASININE SHIT that the games did not cover, but that would not make any asinine shit a good addition to the fucking franchise.
>>
>>319524195
>theres something happening around every corner in 4 and it makes that game feel to alive

Only in /v/ this would be a bad thing.
What the hell is wrong with you Obsidianfags
>>
>>319525404
Morrowind had that and the "doomed the fate of this world" message when you kill important characters. That was a better feature
>>
>>319523832
Let you interact with raiders. So many cool locations and interesting stuff on terminals and all you can do is shoot them

>But the Raiders are evil and they go around taking whatever they want
>It's fine if you do the same thing though, you aren't evil
>>
>>319546559
The head of Obsidian said that's what they'd like to do if beth let them a few years back. Time will tell I suppose.
>>
>>319546675
If they would really "doom" the ingame world. It would be a good feature.
An onscreen message is as lazy as laziness can get.
>>
>>319546841
I'll take that over random jackasses being invincible for no reason.
>>
>>319546685
Evil is subjective :^)
>>
>>319546619
all I'm saying is that they aren't going to kill it. they want something different than the originals, and that's fine. they bought the ip and can do what they want even if it burns to the ground. I'd just like to see certain things expanded on rather than rebuild every time
>>
>>319546685
That was a planned feature in 3 if you got your karma low enough. The merchant with the Terrible Shotgun at Evergreen Mills is a remnant of that feature.
>>
>>319523832
It'd be cool if they used a different spawning system like Rockstar other such types of games have, especially with Fallout 4, because holy fuck everything is dead way too quickly.
>>
>>319546841
The world is considered doomed when you can't complete a main quest. Perhaps i should've defined "doomed" better.
My point is, make everyone killable and let you know when you killed someone important to the main quest of the game. So you can either reload a save or continue exploring with no purpose other than to explore
>>
File: 1446739236547.jpg (31 KB, 327x374) Image search: [Google]
1446739236547.jpg
31 KB, 327x374
>>319534427
Fallout Online was actually in the works.
It wouldn't surprise me if they dredged up its corpse to make into a proper game.
>>
>>319547181
>holy fuck everything is dead way too quickly
that's not how you play bethgame senpai.
you cleared out a dungeon, loot everything and move on. wait 7 days ingame for them to respawn. the map is nowhere as big as any gta map and honestly, borderland type respawn will kill any pretense Todd have up to this point.
>>
>>319547664
I'd like to think TESO taught them a lesson. I hope it taught them a lesson. I REALLY hope they learned their lesson.
>>
>>319531271
Bethesda didn't buy the Fallout IP.
They bought freaking Activision.
The Fallout IP was just an extra.
>>
>>319532194
The Fall: Last Days of Gaia
It's incredibly hard to find though and if you can't also get the insanely huge patches it's not really worth playing.
>>
I want them to remove skills, attributes and dialogue choices altogether and stop pretending this is still an RPG considering they half-assed those already.
>>
>>319547926
>bethesda bought activision
eh, what?
>>
>>319547874
Bethesda had nothing to do with TESO.
That was Zenimax hiring an outside developer.
>>
>>319547926
This is 100% wrong.
>>
>>319547926
>>319548504
>Activision
Sorry, I meant Interplay.
>>
>>319547874
I thought it was alright. Not great, but a good way to pass the time with some Elder Scrolls trappings. PvP was surprisingly good, especially with a couple of friends.

All in all a lot better than I was excepting, really.
>>
>>319548683
Did they buy up the whole thing this time? Because Im pretty sure they just bought the rights to the IP, excluding a Fallout MMO, but THEN snatched up the whole company later.
>>
>>319548828
They didnt buy Interplay. Only argue about who can develop FOnline.
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Bethesda_Softworks_LLC_v._Interplay_Entertainment_Corporation

FO4 has enjoyed mainstream success, if they wanted to make mmo, this is the time.
>>
>>319523832
is that FNV with mods? what mods?
>>
>>319523832
How about
A
NEW
GODDAMNED
ENGINE
FUCK
>>
File: crinyginside.jpg (185 KB, 603x711) Image search: [Google]
crinyginside.jpg
185 KB, 603x711
>>319523832
When did everything go so wrong
>>
>>319547510

Can't you still go to Red mountain and kick the shit out of Dagoth Ur though?
>>
File: 41.jpg (20 KB, 300x370) Image search: [Google]
41.jpg
20 KB, 300x370
Reminder that Bethesda put the last nail in Troika's coffin.
>>
>>319551631
>release buggy as shit niche game
>die
>blame bethesda, not even valve who force their game to come AFTER hl2 and offer no tech support
obsidiandrones at their finest.
>>
>>319523832
The Witcher 3
>>
>>319551928
Activision and Valve raping Troika together was only one of the nails. I said Bethesda put the LAST nail which they did by outbidding the original team who created Fallout. This is a fact, not sure what you are on about. Also, I never enjoyed an Obsidian game.
>>
>>319552232
>outbid the fallout game
>bad
they cant save themselves with a 3rd person acshun rpg. they wont save themselves by BUYING a new IP and do whatever they think will sell.
>>
File: 1433451646227.jpg (441 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1433451646227.jpg
441 KB, 1920x1080
>>319525404
This was already a thing in New Vegas though.
>>
File: 1411816948276.gif (778 KB, 196x207) Image search: [Google]
1411816948276.gif
778 KB, 196x207
>there will never be another Fallout game that is headed by Tim Cain
>Tim Cain's original vision for the series will never come to fruition, whatever it may have been
>>
File: Pillars-of-Eternity.jpg (95 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Pillars-of-Eternity.jpg
95 KB, 960x540
>>319532194
Apart from all of the Baldur's Gate and Planescape Torment classic cRPGs, more recent stuff like Age of Decadence and Pillars of Eternity are also good.

Pillars of Eternity was developed by Obsidian.
>>
>>319552609
No, idiots already were working on a post apocalyptic RPG(read Fallout.) The plan was to win the rights for the game and release it. I'm not questioning if Fallout 3 could save Troika. I'm just saying that Bethesda, did in fact, put the last nail in Troika's coffin. I didn't even say they killed Troika. Jesus Christ.
>>
>>319551631
Good.
Companies that release games that mods have to make playable deserve their fate.

Flawed gems doesn't cut it in this day and age.
>>
>>319534427
They won't and they even gave a reason why they won't. something something player experience (we're to lazy to rework our 10+ year old engine to work with more than one player)
>>
>>319553540
Yeah, can't wait for Bethesda to die.
>>
>>319535587
In Mothership Zeta, the glowing spot you see on the earth in the Death Ray room isn't glare, take a guess as to what it is
>>
File: 1443853250422[2].jpg (769 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
1443853250422[2].jpg
769 KB, 2048x1152
>>319523832
The next Fallout game wont be for another decade. Who cares.
>>
>>319553017
Pillars is shit.

The only good recent RPGs is Grimrock 2 and Divinity: Original Sin.

Oh, and Underrail will get official release soon. This is also great.
>>
>>319553107
So they kill themselves by being idiot who gamble their future on one IP? None of their games are major success. They gain cult status at best, why do they think they can win any bid at all?
Stop making excuse for bad businessman. If all companies leads are like Tim Cain, the industry has collapsed already, and not evil corps like EA either, everyone will revert to the DOS age. They also said they have plan for vtmb 2 and Arcanum 2, why not focus on them instead? Iron out the kinks, polish them better for their own audience which bring them enough money so far. Enough money that they think they can buy fallout and not run their studio to the ground.
>>
>>319553017
how good does my computer need to be to run PoE?
>>
>>319524195
A bigger map would of helped a lot with this
>>
An actual rpg
>>
>>319523832
Full rework or removal of homestead mechanic

Ability to manually tag resources you want highlighted
>>
>>319553904
I'm not making any excuses. There were many nails in Troika's coffin. Many of them were put there by themselves, and some of them were put by other companies. Bethesda's nail was just happened to be the last one. They couldn't find a publisher for that post-apocalyptic game after losing the bidding to Bethesda and filed bankrupt after that. There isn't an argument going on here. Also, you apparently have no idea about what happened in VtMB's development process if you think that VtMB 2 was a possibility at that time. Not only Valve and Activision but even White Wolf were acting weirdly.
>>
>>319551114
2010 onwards. Thats when things started to go jambalaya. SJW, publishers going full jew, pre-orders got big, season passes, the promise of mobile gaming got killed, gamur-geyt, and worse of all neo-v achieved actualization
>>
>>319524195

Either this game is designed to give you ADHD or it caters to people who have it.
>>
More EPIC memes and wacky characters! That's what made New Vegas the best, all those wacky characters and dank memes like Fisto and that guy with the long dick lol and the EPIC battle at the end with five dudes on a bridge
>>
>>319553659
They are going to have to burn through a couple billion so it may take awhile.

Reminder if Bethesda made Fallout shelter in their spare time.
Obsidian put almost all their creative talent into PoE.
Shelter was a bigger hit than PoE and no one gives a shit about shelter.
>>
>>319554574
Actually, things really went wrong at two points: 2004 and Microsofts public commitment to abandoning PC as a gaming platform, and 2007 where the full impact of that announcement started to show. This and onwards was the era where the model proposed by PC gaming was largely abandoned and the whole industry largely started adopting a lowest common denominator as the absolute principle of gaming designing.
All the things that happened from then on are just consequences or accidents to this fundamental problem: the decision that the console user of cca 2007 is the only demographic really worth designing for was the real problem, and it really all boils down to that one big press conference Microsoft did waaaay back in 2004.

>>319554875
The later, and in quite literal sense. But this is not something new to Fallout or Bethesda games in general: Fallout 3 was heavily designed in adherence to a pamphlet intended to help teachers understand and teach children with ADHD issued by American ministry of education.
>>
>>319545193
>FNV is the only game that got it right, only the doctor in Goodsprings is unkillable.

nope. You can kill him. There is not a single NPC in the game that can't be killed and Yes-Man doesn't even count as "unkillable" because he's just an AI that jumps from robot to robot, it's not like he actually has a physical body you can kill.
>>
>>319555063
I don't care for Obsidian. And apparently, releasing buggy games and expecting people to fix them works, considering that Bethesda are sitting on billions.
>>
>>319523832
longer faction questlines and fleshed out characters with more story development. and a new fucking engine for gods sake.
>>
>>319555145
i was 13 during 2007, for me those times were comprised of nothing but good friends and awesome vidya. I was innocent to the ways of the industry.
>>
>>319554508
How about arcanum 2 or any other ip they can whip out and register. I'm sure they dont have any problem with their fanbase as long as their new games meet the quality of the old one. Why give that much effort into fallout: an ip fought for by various bigger studios? They are simply dumb when they think they can buy fallout is what I'm saying and by extension, their downfall is their own doing, not Bethesda's.
Bethesda is just another studio for profit, but they dont go around killing other intentionally. They saved the core of the starbreeze team to form machinegames, shinji mikami, arkane studios and idsoft not out of kindness but because they know these studio represent the lol so nerdy XD audience and are good at their job.
>>
>>319555563
Don't think that you are reading my posts. Bethesda DID NOT kill Troika. Troika killed themselves with the help of bunch of other devs/publishers. ONE of the actions which caused Troika to go bankrupt was caused by Bethesda. That action was, by luck, THE LAST NAIL BUT NOT THE ONLY NAIL in coffin.
>>
>>319555063
>mobile games
>brand
>actual advertisement campaign
why i wonder.
vga also nominated PoE in the best RPG category if you want to know. And as usual TW3 snatched everything.
>>
>>319523832
-cars
-car modding/repair
-cars that you can dump shit into instead of having to fast travel and dump your shit somewhere
-no fast travel
-fuel management
-food management
-less shitty locations that have nothing in them
-a bigger map less cluttled with shit every 5 steps
-a fucking ui that isnt shit
-local map that isnt shit
-long quest chains that dont involve just "go there, kill everything"
-audiologs that arent shit
-radio statrions with more than 3 songs
-a radio system similar to gta
-more than one fucking towns
-larger towns but more spread aprt
-every human/ghoul npc and enemy named and marked
-only wildlife respawns
-harder combat, and i mean HARDER, no more taking on 10 people alone, going against 5 will be borderline impossible without hacking/sneaking/expolosives or power armor
-dont have to fight once if you dont want to, just use your brain
-able to talk with raiders/any enemy, even during combat

and finally
actual fucking rpg game
>>
id like to see the new r8 revolver in csgo make an apperance in fo5
>>
>>319523887
Like what?
>>
File: avatar01-Omerta.jpg (19 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
19 KB, 150x150
Everyone here totally playing the game all wrong, not realizing your supposed to space your enjoyment of the game out over weeks, months

Hundreds of thousands of people played 150+ hours of fallout 4 in the last 3 weeks and complain that " the game pace is too fast" "there is too much content" "i cant roleplay in my mind hurr durr" and have the audacity to say the game sucks.

Your supposed to enjoy the game a little here and there, come back to it after a few days or weeks.

Everyone expects to beat a game ase developed and hidden with intricate small details in 30 hours or less like their modern AAA titles

Like try and have fun, remember how bored you were a month ago and there were no games?
>>
>>319523832
>the next Fallout game
I'd rather not see it come out.
>>
>>319523887
I want a Fallout game that takes place in the American deep south. Old school country and bluegrass music on the radio, funny accents, rednecks, banjos as melee weapons, etc. I know I'm stereotyping but I love these things
Part of the world will be a wasteland as always but a part of it will be a mutated forest a la Nausicaa where tribals and hillbilly ghouls can be found.
BoS and NCR will be present, both stronger and more imperialistic than ever, as well as other old factions and some crazy new ones.
>>
>>319523832
Any amount of bugtesting.
>>
>>319556356
Fuck off Todd.
30 something with jobs and families dont play your games.
>>
>>319532462
I've always wondered why no one has done this. The name is even right fucking there, "Fan Buren"
>>
File: 1446719620830.png (647 KB, 618x618) Image search: [Google]
1446719620830.png
647 KB, 618x618
>>319546630
It's SO dense, every single frame has so much going on.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.