[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you enjoying all your free Arkham games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6
File: welp.png (47 KB, 287x321) Image search: [Google]
welp.png
47 KB, 287x321
Are you enjoying all your free Arkham games?
>>
>>319521138
nope, as a loyal fan of the series I got nothing, because I owned all the previous games before
>>
http://steamcommunity.com/app/208650/discussions/0/487876474224795793/

REMINDER THAT IF YOU BOUGHT ARKHAM GAMES IN THE PAST AND WANT TO REFUND ARKHAM KNIGHT NOW, YOU CAN NO LONGER REFUND IT WITHOUT LOSING THE PAST GAMES AS WELL

THEY DELIBERATELY GAVE YOU "FREE" COPIES OF OLD GAMES SO THAT YOU CAN'T REFUND ARKHAM KNIGHT ANYMORE
>>
>>319521339
I could have sworn I had a "DUH" or "NO FUCKING SHIT, GENIUS" image macro kicking around my reaction folder.
>>
>>319521424
You don't seem to understand.
If you bought all previous games in the past, on your own, our of your own fucking wallet, and bought Arkham Knight as well then if you try to refund AK now they will also take away the very games you PAID FOR.
THAT'S RIGHT, THEIR "FREE" COPIES ACTED AS OVERRIDE ON YOUR EXISTING COPIES FOR WHICH YOU PAID, AND NOW IF YOU REFUND ARKHAM KNIGHT THEY TAKE AWAY THOSE OLD GAMES TOO EVEN IF YOU PAID FOR THEM.

>SUPPORTING WARNER JEWS
>>
>>319521138
I like free shit. What's the catch?
>>
>>319521646
Read the thread.
>>
>>319521646
you need to own broken arkham knight
>>
>>319521646
If you bought the games already you get nothing.
Loyal fans literally get jack shit for supporting the series all these years.
And if said loyal fans decide to refund Arkham Knight, they will now also take away your previous games too even if you fucking paid for them.
>>
>>319521306
Weren't you supposed to get gift copies if you already owned the previous ones?
>>
>>319521792
Nope, they said from day 1 you won't get jack shit if you already onw it.
Classy treatment of loyal customers, ain't it?
>>
>>319521703
How broken is it? Worse than Saints Row 2?
>>
>>319521138

Oh wow, I got them free as well. I bought AK for 12 bucks off a key site like a month after I got pulled for being a piece of shit.
>>
>bought game plus season pass for about £25
>game didn't work
>gave them the benefit of the doubt
>got 34 hours out of it once the game was "fixed" and haven't played DLC yet
>debating whether to be a dick and ask for my money back before the year is out
>>
Wait so if Buy Arkham Knight now on steam, I'll get every Arkham game in the series with it as well?
>>
>>319521878
After patches it's better than PS4 version but still among shittier PC ports. Not as bad as DMC3SE or original Dark Souls though.

>>319522032
Nope, that offer expired already. You had to have owned AK by November something.
>>
>>319522080
Oh.
>>
>>319521878
OP here. You can probably find videos of it on youtube. The game ran almost flawlessly on my rig. The fps dropped for a few seconds after playing for a few hours (then fixed itself) but other than that the game was fine. Well it was also almost impossible to tab back in if I alt tabbed out.
>>
>>319522080
>After patches it's better than PS4 version
It looks better, but the framedrops fucking kill the game so much that the PS4 version still plays better even at constant 30fps.
>>
>sorry about the shitty game guys, to make up for it we're going to give away games you in all likelihood already own!
>>
>>319522148
>It looks better, but the framedrops fucking kill the game so much that the PS4 version still plays better even at constant 30fps.
What fucking framedrops? As long as you don't exceed the VRAM amount it never stutters after patches. Thanks for proving you're a lair or having a toaster and trying to jack up the settings too much.
I played the entire game on my 780 with 3GB vram without a single framedrop with everything except textures maxed out. Textures set to Normal which is same as PS4.
>>
>got arkham knight for free because of my GPU
>now have arkham asylum for free as well
don't give a fuck about origins and i already have city, but it's nice to finally play another good bam ham game on PC

did they finally fucking fix knight?
>>
>>319521750
That sounds like worst decision ever.
>>
>>319522275
I have a GTX meme70 and was still getting drops when the Batmobile turned up, but I haven't played it since they added the DLC.
>>
File: questioning your choice.png (57 KB, 153x244) Image search: [Google]
questioning your choice.png
57 KB, 153x244
>>319521750
I can't even describe how confused I am. Sure is just tiny amount of money, but
>I will support your games even with tiny amount of money!
>Ok lol but if you refund one, I will take everything
>>
>>319522376
Origins is criminally underrated, you're doing yourself a disservice by not playing it.
It also has very solid boss battles which can't be said about AK.

>>319522432
Let me guess, you turned on Goyworks Smoke? It's broken, turn that off. As well as GoyWorks Debris. Volumetric Lighting and Rain are fine.
Rain one is especially insignificant really since it just makes all rain drops little ultra low poly 3D models instead of 2D sprites and the performance difference is only like 1 FPS. Volumetric Lighting is pretty fucking huge difference though especially on things like searchlights.
You need to pay attention to the VRAM bar in options, also by saying you haven't played since DLC you've literally admitted that you haven't played it after patches.
The game had 3 performance patches already, one in September (the interim patch), one in October (the re-release patch) and one 2 weeks ago along with new DLC batch that greatly optimized VRAM usage.
I played it now after the last patch and it was silky smooth on my setup. I had to use Normal textures though since I've got 3GB VRAM and the High ones require 4GB VRAM card. The difference between them is virtually non-existant though visually.
>>
>>319521574

That's can be categorized as an exploit or an unintended bug. Get your receipt on the previous games and let Steam know so they can make a fix.
>>
>>319522080
I never understood why people call ds1 port broken, it had a 30fps cap and shit pc controls but that just goes with the genre.
Saints row 2 was atrocious though yeah.
>>
i hate how everything just had to have the batmobile crammed in, why would the riddler even entertain the idea of car based "riddles" racing with obstacles isnt a riddle you stupid cunts.
yes the batmobile is good in some parts but the majority of it is shitty, the outposts are fun to take down though.

I already had all the other games except blackgate so i guess one free game isnt bad.
>>
>>319522972
>buy saint's row 2
>install gentlemen of the row
>so far haven't had any problems
thank god for PC modding scenes
>>
>>319522696

I didn't mind Origins aside from the Deathstroke fight being fucking retarded and the bugs that literally stopped me finishing the game.
>>
>>319522972
Output resolution locked at 720p with framebuffer locked at 1024x576 with forced blur interpolation and upscaling to said 720p along with 30 FPS cap and game logic being tied to framerate AND the game lacking something as basic as exclusive full screen mode make it a literal shit port.
Just because Durante made a fucking DSFix doesn't mean the game itself isn't a dogshit port.
>>
>>319523079
They patched all the gamebreaking bugs in Origins and only left minor shit unpatched fyi. Not sure if they're retroactive for existing saves though.
>>
did they ever add any worthwhile content to the season pass other than a few 10 minute 'story packs?'
>>
>>319522696
>Origins is criminally underrated
No it isn't. It was a lazy cashgrab and people treated it like a lazy cashgrab; a cynical attempt to replicate the success of Asylum and City by just shamelessly going through the same motions.

>The Joker is a fan-favorite character, but he's dead; so make it a prequel so we can bring him back!
>People loved Asylum's Scarecrow sections; s do them again, but with the Mad Hatter this time!
>People liked the open world of City? Just copy/paste it. What's that? There's no civilians in the city for some reason? Uhhh... it's cold!
>>
>>319523273
Batgirl DLC is good one hour long.
The other DLCs are more like 20 minutes than 10, unless you're an ADD faggot that skips dialogue then they are indeed 10 minutes.
Other than that it's just skins, combat challenges, predator challenges and new race tracks.
They did add character selection to challenges though so now you can use any character in both combat and predator maps.
>>
>>319523414
>just copy paste
Only 1/3 of the map was copy pasted and they remodelled enough of it to not feel like a cheap ctrl+c ctrl+v
Thanks for proving you never played it and have a hateboner for it
>>
>>319523247

I guess I'll give it another shot, I did get it for free.
>>
File: yeah definitely didnt play it.jpg (19 KB, 324x123) Image search: [Google]
yeah definitely didnt play it.jpg
19 KB, 324x123
>>319523472
>>
>>319523247
>They patched all the gamebreaking bugs in Origins
Thank for for that

>doing a radio tower
>get stuck because the vent was broken and you couldn't rappel out
>>
>>319523735
>doing a radio tower
>get stuck because the vent was broken and you couldn't rappel out
For me it was other way around. I couldn't get on top because the fucking vent wouldn't let me take down the grate. I used a workaround with glitches unreal engine physics to get on top there though which also caused the vent to un-fuck itself.
>>
>>319523735
the game still loves to ctd though. i played it in february of this year and it was frustrating at times.
>>
>>319521339
sorry for being out of the loop, but what "free" games?
>>
File: 1428089253384.png (69 KB, 440x235) Image search: [Google]
1428089253384.png
69 KB, 440x235
>>319521750
>Loyal fans
>>
>>319523000
Those "riddles" sound like the "mazes" from Superman 64.
>>
File: 1266998352613.png (199 KB, 854x1301) Image search: [Google]
1266998352613.png
199 KB, 854x1301
>>319521847
Why the fuck would somebody play the most recent addition in a series without playing the predecessors? It's not like the Arkham games have awful graphics from the PS2 or anything.
Not to mention at this point you could probably have gotten every prior game for a grand total of like $15.

That's one crafty merchant fucking consumers like that.
>>
>tfw thanks to these free copies batman steam cards dropped in price
>finally getting my level 5 BANE? badge
>>
>>319521138
sad thing everyone thought it can't be wrose than origins, and origins turned out to be not bad at all in retrospect.

batmobile was a mistake
>>
>>319524408
Of course.
They are very smart about the "compensation" for early adopters of Arkham Knight.
First of all, you get those previously mentioned "free" earlier Arkham games as long as you had bought AK before certain date. But said date was end of November.
The game got re-released in October. So basically anyone who bought it in the one month period between October and November is also eligible for it.
Which means if you bought AK earlier you literally get jack fucking shit for being an "early adopter".
To make matters worse, it's very obvious any early adopter is more than likely a fan of the series and already owns all the previous games so giving him "free" copies of those games again gives said person literally jack shit.
Oh and they will also be giving people 3 free cosmetic hats in TF2 (same conditions for being eligible as for the "free" games) which they aren't paying for either since the hats are community designed.
Warner Jews are very clever and clearly are Grandmasters in the Art of Jewjitsu
>>
>>319521574
>implying they can
>>
>>319524750
I'd take mordor for free instead of batman games. Oh wait...
>>
>>319524627
I definitely think Origins is MUCH better than Arkham Knight in both gameplay and story.
And the multiplayer was fairly enjoyable too.
Definitely better than I expected for a "tacked on" MP feature.

>>319524756
They can and they do, see >>319521339
>>
>>319524873
>I definitely think Origins is MUCH better than Arkham Knight

probably because origins is a batman game and not a tank simulator.
>>
>>319524750
Most people jumped refund option i think, i finished it when it came out it worked fine for me, but who can refuse free money? I'll get it back when it's $10
>>
>>319523079
I remember normies saying the Deathstroke battle was the hardest boss they've ever fought but it was a piece of piss. It was really repetitive though.
>>
>>319525047
It took me a while about 40 mins, being half blind in that fight didn't help i couldn't see most of the hints.
>>
>>319525115
It is a pretty long boss fight. The only reason you'd fail it though is by getting bored of doing the same thing over and over.
>>
>>319525228

Pretty much, I mean I'm used to 30-40 battles because I used to solo G-Rank in the Mon Hun games, but Deathstroke was the single most infuriatingly boring fight I've ever experienced.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.