[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>you're put in charge of the franchise of the last video
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 10
File: JohnRoomB&A.jpg (239 KB, 1125x1500) Image search: [Google]
JohnRoomB&A.jpg
239 KB, 1125x1500
>you're put in charge of the franchise of the last video game you played

what's the first change you make, /v/?
>>
Fix Dorf
>>
>>319499208
>Dark Souls

this is going to be fun.

first thing i'm going to do
make the dark sword a strength-based sword.
>>
>Fallout 2

Get better writers.
>>
>bloodborne
Cancel all souls games and being production on Armored Core x Chromehounds..
>>
>>319499208
>liberation maiden
I make a sequel with left handed mode
>>
>>319499453
>implying Fallout games have bad writing.

bad storytelling maybe, but the actual scope of the dialogue and characterizations are top notch.
>>
>>319499208
>Lichdom: Battlemage
Start working on my resume
>>
>>319499208
>Smash U
Dump Dark Pit.
>>
Why did they get rid of the doorknob?
>>
>>319499396
>Reduce the amount of shields have 100% physical damage reduction
>Make weapons that hit hard enough completely ignore them (Dragons tooth)
>>
>>319500031
So he couldn't get out and terrorize society with his furfaggotry.
>>
File: 1413969276752.gif (3 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1413969276752.gif
3 MB, 500x500
>Rollercoaster Tycoon
Get rid of this spline-based editing shit. Seriously fuck that shit, it ruins the fun of making a coaster
>>
File: 2526.jpg (57 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
2526.jpg
57 KB, 400x500
First things first. Everything after Morrowind is non canon.
>>
>>319499869
you mean add ICs, right?
>>
>>319499208
Xenoblade.

Ban NoA from ever touching it again. Even ignoring the censorship, there's a lot of things generally bad about the localization.
>>
I honestly can't remember the last game I played.
I think it was a week and a half ago. But I can't remember what.
>>
File: maplestory-reboot.png (138 KB, 768x348) Image search: [Google]
maplestory-reboot.png
138 KB, 768x348
>Maplestory

Have GMS updates closer to KMS updates, usually within 2-3 months of each other
>>
>>319500371
Do you have a kickstarter?
>>
>Persona, specifically 3P
>Make The Answer noncanon
>Kill off Yukari somehow
>Add FeMC option in Golden, take out Marie, keep extra dungeon for her
>Add MC,FeMC,Shinji to P4A/U, make some noncanon/dream/whatif/whocares story mode to fit them in if necessary
>stop Persona X Detective Naoto from happening
>>
File: wallpaper_red_alert_2_02_16001.jpg (232 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper_red_alert_2_02_16001.jpg
232 KB, 1600x1200
>>319499208
>Command & Conquer

Make more actual games, for one.

This is my first C&C game (Red Alert 2), so I'm not that knowledgeable on what to do with the franchise otherwise, but I do know that EA needs to fucking loosen its indomitable grip on Westwood and let them do their thing again.
>>
>>319500997
EA pretty much dissolved Westwood long ago. It's dead, jim. Some of them are back together and made Grey Goo, but that has some serious issues from what I heard.
>>
>>319500371
is this a common opinion of neo-/v/?
>>
>Nuclear Throne
Put it in an engine that can handle 60 fps
>>
>Rebirth

I'd add a new secret character called OH YEAH who only unlocks after you've blown your way into 999 secret rooms. He would look like the Kool-Aid Man and he can blow his way through any wall or door on any level just by walking through it, provided there is another room on the other side. Every enemy in the room he enters is charmed for 5 seconds. He does not have to kill all enemies to get to the next room, but he takes damage if he enters a new room without clearing the room.
>>
>final fantasy

Release 3 already. We all know it's done, at this point they just don't want it to coincide with the final fantasy stuff to kill hype.
>>
>>319499208
Fire tons of people and give myself a huge raise
>>
>>319501116
Oh damn. I saw the presentation on them at The Game Awards the other day but I sort of tuned out towards the end. I figured that they had been sucked dry of any of their soul by EA long ago, but I didn't know they were defunct entirely. That's such a shame.

Hopefully Petroglyph (the company I see is made up of some of Westwood's key members) can rise up and start making some really great stuff like Obsidian, Platinum games, and and other reformed studios put in similar circumstances have. I see Grey Goo was received somewhat positively, so it's definitely at least a start.
>>
>>319499208

>Battlefront 2015

Cut my losses with this mistake, initiate production of Battlefront 3 (basically the alpha but with current day graphics) while adding an Endor-Battle of Jakku storyline continuing from the 501st at the battle of hoth.
>>
Shut down mechwarrior online,Fire Weissman,hire everyone from FAFSA,remake mechwarrior 2
>>
>>319502018
i mean kingdom hearts lol
>>
>>319499208
Monster Hunter
No more posing for 5 minutes after drinking a potion
>>
>>319502523
also re-fire weissmann when I hire everyone from FAFSA
>>
>Demon's Souls
Cutsey cell shaded game that's just as difficult and fun
>>
>>319502523
There's nothing wrong with MWO, it's just poorly monetized. Like if WoT went maximum overjew. It could be made into a better game.
>>
>>319501348
no this is a common opinion of /v/-bc
>>
>need for speed
People still like ricer games right, I sure do
>>
>>319502691
yeah drop the all the microtransactions and put a retail price on it

we all wanted a new mechwarrior game, not this shit. He shit on all of us when he made this, now there will never be a new mechwarrior game. He also killed living legends because he was assblasted it was a better product and it was free.
>>
>team fortress 2

End its miserable life, work on a sequel with no hats
>>
>>319499208
Who is this?!

>figment toy
>Dreamfinder beard and hat
>>
>>319499208
>fallout 4

Remove main quest and all invulnerable characters.

Patch in sex animations for Curie :3
>>
>killing floor

A mode where you can play as a zed I guess.
>>
>>319502689
As long as the armor designs aren't actually changed I could dig a Chibi Souls
>>
>>319499208
>Europa Universalis

More DLC, make more money
>>
>>319499208
>Isaac
let it be fun
>>
>>319499208
>God Hand
Make abother one
>>
>you're put in charge of the Souls franchise
Put chalice dungeons in Dark Souls 3 with a bit more variety and better bosses
>>
>Minecraft

Hide a golden block in one copy of the game that, if broken, forces Notch to finish 0x10c
>>
File: confused.jpg (53 KB, 650x431) Image search: [Google]
confused.jpg
53 KB, 650x431
>Bloodborne

Remove blood vial and quicksilver grinding.

I still don't understand why they did this.
>>
>>319499609
I don't think I can contain this erection!
>>
>CSGO
aim down sites
>>
>Darius Burst
Uh... It's already pretty good. Maybe Netplay for Co-op and some other minor changes. Maybe an endurance mode where you play all 26 Arcade mode stages in a row.

Future games would need some more thought to them because topping Darius Burst would be difficult.
>>
>Fallout 4
Bring skills back and add new ones
>>
>>319502471
Don't forget about PC only. We don't need consoles holding the project back. That should go for every game in the thread. If not, you're pure cancer.
>>
>>319503605
Use less blood vials and quick silver.

I've yet to grind for either. on new game plus.
>>
File: 1424782896101.jpg (8 KB, 251x206) Image search: [Google]
1424782896101.jpg
8 KB, 251x206
>XCOM
More enemy variety
Completely new stage design
Idk, I'm pretty happy with it as is
>>
>>319505360
I would take away enemies getting an encounter turn to run halfway across the level from you.

It just punishes you for trying to scout out and surround them.

Otherwise what you said and yeah, it's a pretty solid game can't wait for 2
>>
>>319499208
>Pokemon

>make it an mmo with cross-platform play
>no more new generations
>incorporate smogon rules to attempt to make it balanced
>add permadeath mode
>add higher difficulty modes
>remove all story elements
>can access the pc anywhere
>can heal pokemon anywhere except in dungeons and gyms
>no more ivs
>no more evs
>curse words enabled
>>
>>319499208
>that portrait of Captain America
Poor Cap. Can't imagine the shit he's seen.
>>
>>319505728
Yea, that and the overwatch thing they said they were fixing.
There are a few smaller things that could be fixed, but from the looks of it, Fraxis is paying attention and doing something about it with 2
>>
>>319499208
>MGSV to see the birthday cutscene

>Keep the samey missions more or less how they are but break them up so every 5th has a boss fight with a plot dumb.
>Obviously throw in all the cut content and let the game be finished
>New urban area, maybe a mostly abandon part of new York
>Port 1-4 to PC
>>
File: 1448703346357.jpg (38 KB, 604x483) Image search: [Google]
1448703346357.jpg
38 KB, 604x483
>Metal Gear Solid
Get Kojimer back, fire Shuyo Murata.

Mission 51 comes as DLC. A Chapter 3 that ends with Venom's death in Outer Heaven will be released as an expansion.

Remakes of the original 2 MSX Metal Gears will be developed by a smaller studio and released as Metal Gear Solid Chronicles or some shit like that, either in the 3DS or Vita.

Then after that we could maybe expand with a sixth chapter starring either The Boss and the Cobra Unit, or Frank Jaeger, following his career as a child soldier..
>>
File: D3.jpg (478 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
D3.jpg
478 KB, 1920x1080
>D3 (Bought it cheap for ps3 for couch co-op)
Fire anyone that was in charge of anything in D3, realise that the damage can never be repaired and quit my job and never mentioned i had anything to do with it in future resumes.
>>
>>319507827
lmao, I picked this up for black friday thinking, hey 20 bucks? It could be the absolute worse and it will still be worth it to have some coop with friends. We shelved it after like 3 hours in. Idk how they could fuck it up that bad.
>>
>>319508151
I know. I knew how bad it is, since release, but some say ROS made alot of things OK, and i figured some coop with some beer could still be worth the low price. But fuck me.
>Monsters lvl with you, making progress feel null
>Endgame is literally shit
>Story is beyond cringe
>Itemization is shit

Can't belive how bad it actually is, especially that you don't feel any progress. I mean, what is even the point? I started on hardest, but the massive exp bonus make me steamroll everything anyway after 15 min.
I mean even in WoW you actually feel like you are progressing.
>>
File: 1354535778891.jpg (18 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1354535778891.jpg
18 KB, 413x395
>>319505735
>incorporate smogon rules to attempt to make it balanced
>no more ivs
>no more evs
>curse words enabled
How much of a pleb a single person can be?
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.