[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>announce remake they've teased for over a decade >fuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9
File: 45215.jpg (57 KB, 1179x1179) Image search: [Google]
45215.jpg
57 KB, 1179x1179
>announce remake they've teased for over a decade
>fuck it up within 6 months

You chucklefucks asked for this.
>>
File: lGiX9Fr.png (17 KB, 626x624) Image search: [Google]
lGiX9Fr.png
17 KB, 626x624
>>319490474
>>
>expecting anything more from this desperate attempt to scrape the bottom of the barrel

i just sit back and laugh
>>
>>319490474
They said each episode will be a full game. Could be bullshit but theres still hope.
>>
File: ok then.jpg (128 KB, 640x505) Image search: [Google]
ok then.jpg
128 KB, 640x505
>>319490474
I don't give a shit. Only thing I wanted was DQ VII 3DS.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEGerxOD0ig
>>
SE hasn't made a good game in years.
>>
>I know a game will be shit months and months before retail release.

Who knows?

It might just be good.
>>
>>319492794

If they're already lying about this this remake can't possibly fit on a few blu ray discs, I highly doubt it.
>>
File: 1402815597891.jpg (604 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1402815597891.jpg
604 KB, 1200x900
I'm honestly glad that Final Fantasy hype and interest is waining. Not because I hate FF, but because it should be a sign for Square to focus on something else. Revive Mana and Chrono. Advertise Dragon Quest more in the west. Make more new IPs. Just do something besides another $200 million dollar FF game.

Also, even after the announcement of FFVII remake, I'm still more interested in DQVII remake on 3DS. Just like I've been more hyped for DQXI than FFXV.
>>
>>319492661
God just so much bullshit all in one video.
>>
>>319493559
>hype and interest is waining

what makes you think this
>>
>>319493676

Like what?

It's just him telling it how it is, then realizing at the end of the day it doesn't matter, and who knows it might turn out to be cool, and even if it doesn't who cares?
>>
>>319493559
Not sure how you figure its waning. FF15 and FF7 Remake are among the most anticipated games. Even their mobile shit like Record Keeper and ports of older FF titles get millions of downloads.
>>
>begging for a remake then complaining about how you're getting it

You idiots did this to yourselves.
>>
>>319493726
>waining
waning
>>
>>319490474
kingdom fails team is making the remake.
>>
>>319494008
No one wanted a remake faggot
>>
File: top kek bra.jpg (57 KB, 609x607) Image search: [Google]
top kek bra.jpg
57 KB, 609x607
>>319494260
>>
>>319493726

A lot of factors. Won't bore you with the details. But basically, sales for FF have been in a steady decline over the last two gens (especially in Japan where they have seen a 33% decrease across both mainline and spin off games). Also, while we do have daily spammers of FFXV, it is hardly the levels of hype games like FFX and XII got online. This could be attributed to many things, from the lackluster reception of FFXIII to FFXV missing its hype window.

Final Fantasy just isn't as strong of a name as it once was. Its still more recognizable than most JRPGs. But not the absolute must have system seller like it was on PS1 and PS2.
>>
>>319494506

see

>>319493947
>>
Not even, they fucked up up with 6 DAYS

It's fucking incredible

How long before they announce that it's censored?
>>
>>319495804

FFXIII was also the most anticipated game on all polls in Japan for 4 years straight. When the game finally released, it sold less than expected.

Hype is hype. It doesn't always equate into sales. And the simple fact is, the last two generations has seen a steady decline in FF sales.
>>
>>319495996
Nomura doesn't care about the opinions of white piggus
>>
>>319492316

A bluray disc can hold over 100 gigs if it's quad-layered

If they actually said it couldn't fit, they were fucking lying through their god damn teeth.
>>
>>319493559
But it's not waining at all

And no one will ever care about DQ in the west as much as they do FF
>>
Oops.
>>319496234
Was meant for
>>319493213
>>
Squeenix hasn't but out a good rpg since the early 2000's. I don't get how people still have faith in this company.
>>
>>319496234

All they said was it would be too big to contain in a single project.

Which smells like even more horse shit considering XV exists.
>>
File: 1326001903993.jpg (42 KB, 524x542) Image search: [Google]
1326001903993.jpg
42 KB, 524x542
Square and Enix should have gone their separate ways years ago. At this point there's nothing to be gained through further collaboration.

FF13 was lousy, and the sequels were nothing but repulsive fan service pantsu simulators

FF14 was an absolute disaster on launch and needed a full 18 months to pull its act together

FF15 looks like more of the same horseshit with a half-baked driving mechanic shoehorned in

Noticing a pattern here?

About the only think SquareEnix has gotten right in the past decade was the FFX/X-2 Remaster, and that was outsourced
>>
>>319496573

nostalgia

they remember Squaresoft's Final Fantasy 7, but they forgoet this is Square-Enix.
>>
>>319496315

>But it's not waining at all
We'll see when FFXV and VII come out.

>And no one will ever care about DQ in the west as much as they do FF
They would if it got hundreds of millions of dollars in marketing like Final Fantasy did. Hell, the way things are going with Square constantly slapping their FF fanbase in the face, even a moderate marketing campaign and regular releases could see Dragon Quest surpass FF with time. Especially with its ties to Dragon Ball and Chrono Trigger.

The thing limiting Dragon Quest is just lack of games getting released. Final Fantasy as a series gets 5-15 new games each year. All of them released in the west. While Dragon Quest as a series goes 4-10 years between new games getting released. Wow....I wonder why the west overlooks Dragon Quest.
>>
>>319496192
No it didn't

FF13 sold 2 million in Japan and is still to this day the highest selling PS3 game in Japan

Their target sales for 13 was 6 million worldwide and they made 7 million worldwide, it met and exceeded their target sales and made them a profit

XV is the most hyped up an FF has been since FF7 on the PS1 and even despite the episodic shit FF7R is still clearly hyped up too also even more than FF has been in more than a decade but with XV still more hyped up

There is no decline of FF you idiot, console sales in general are in decline because handhelds is what everyone uses but FF13 is still the highest selling PS3 game in Japan
>>
>>319496851
No they wont because it's not just about marketing you fucking idiot, it's about the game itself

DQ will never reach the level FF has
>>
>>319496573

>Squeenix hasn't but out a good rpg since the early 2000's.
Enix has. Its just the Square side which is failing.
>>
File: king kek.jpg (29 KB, 292x257) Image search: [Google]
king kek.jpg
29 KB, 292x257
>>319496858
>XV is the most hyped up an FF has been since FF7
>>
>>319496234
I think they arent condident in xv doing well, so they want to get pieces of ffvii out sooner than 10 years from now so that their stock doesnt plummet and they get drained from ffxv doing badly.

However, the jew aspect certainly is there, dont think for a second they arent happy to take your shekels 3-4 times for one story.

Im confident it wont be 3 hour episodes like /v/ claims, probably 20-25 like .hack, cc2 is involved after all.
>>
>>319497036
Yes it is, go and look up weekly Japanese polls for most anticipated game where XV ranks in top 5 every single week and has been for the past two years most of the time in first place, at game events too the XV booth is always the most packed like at gamescom and PAX security had to limit access to the XV booth because it was too packed

You must not know anything about FF if you honestly think otherwise
>>
Real reason: it's an expensive project, so the higher-ups in Square Enix decided to develop and release the game in parts so it makes its money along the way, instead of placing bets on the huge investment this game looks like being.
>>
>>319496858

>FF13 sold 2 million in Japan and is still to this day the highest selling PS3 game in Japan
And its still less than the Japanese sales for multiple FF games on PS1 and PS2.

You can claim victory because it sold well as a PS3 game. But compared to other FF games, it sold less. While being their second most expensive game to produce after FFVII, it still sold less than FFVII, VIII, X and XII in Japan.

>>319496984

>No they wont because it's not just about marketing you fucking idiot, it's about the game itself
What makes Dragon Quest less likely to succeed in the west than Final Fantasy? As a 'game'? Toriyama designs? That sure isn't hurting Dragon Ball games. RPG gameplay? That isn't hurting Pokemon and Final Fantasy.

The difference is, all those other games I mentioned have huge multi million dollar advertising campaigns. While Dragon Quest has had five games in 25 years get any marketing. If Final Fantasy had the level of marketing Dragon Quest has had, it would also be a niche RPG. Possibly even less known than Dragon Quest.
>>
>>319497068
XV is coming out next year confirmed multiple times over

And what fucking basis do you have that they don't have faith in XV when they've literally been showcasing it at major events all throughout the year?

7R isn't going to get its first part until 2017 at best
>>
>>319494506
Nigga you forget they have not made an actual main line game is almost a decade. 13 sold a metric shit ton but got sold back to game stores en mass because it was hot garbage. Then of course people are not gonna buy the shitty sequels to moire Lightning garbage.

Single player FF has been shit now longer than it was ever good which is sad but people are still very much hyped for 15 and 7 pre blunder.
>>
>>319497881

>Nigga you forget they have not made an actual main line game is almost a decade.
You're forgetting that I also mentioned spin offs selling less than in previous gens. Hell, a high budget remake of FFIV on DS barely outsold a port of Chrono Trigger on DS. For comparison.

Final Fantasy is an over saturated brand which has made some 65-70 games in just two gens. Even a fan of the series can't keep up with all the spin offs, ports and remakes. And as a result, the games sales have fallen across the board. They're focusing on quantity to make up for the lower total sales for major releases. And FFVII Remake is the latest example of this. Trying to make one hyped game into several.
>>
>>319492661
A potential winner for /v/'s most punchable face 2015 competition. Also why does he own 4 copies of FFVII? Fuck people who horde like that.
>>
>>319497525
The fuck does PS1 and PS2 sales have to do with anything? That's irrelevant to FF13 and as I already told you is because console sales in Japan are going down because of the shift to more handheld focus

FF13 is still the highest fucking selling PS3 game in Japan meaning no other games on PS3 sold more than FF13 did in Japan

And no FF13 sold 7 million which is the 4th highest selling FF, by your logic FF13 should sell less than 5 but no

FF7 sold 10 million
FF8 sold 7 million
FF9 sold 5 million
FF10 sold 7 million
FF11 sold 2 million physical units and made massive profit from subs
FF12 sold 6 million
FF13 sold 7 million
FF14 sold 5 million and makes massive profits from subs

At the end of every console gen the sales of FF dip because of the transition, the first mainline FF for a new gen always has the highest sales for FF in that gen

FFXV is more hyped up than any of those FFs have been and is the first 8th gen mainline FF which is on PS4 which is already doing better than PS2 and PS3 were doing

XVs demo also already sold over 1 million with the game it came with which is more than FF7 demo which sold 700k with the game it came with, it's already on track to become one of the highest selling FFs

What they fuck don't you get about DQ selling 66 million worldwide compared to FF 110 million worldwide? DQ will never catch up

No one fucking cares about DQ in the west on the same scale FF

DQ lacks the prestige, the detail, the visuals, the graphics, the fleshed out characters, the music, the gameplay,the art direction and care that FF has

FF is a AAA JRPG that sells because of that

DQ is a AA JRPG that sells on mediocrity and rehashing itself
>>
>>319498279
4 was not a high budget remake, it was a cheap outsourced remake

Stop fucking pretending DQ could ever beat FF in the west
>>
>>319498638

I own three copies of Suikoden II. Don't hate me.
>>
>>319499015

>The fuck does PS1 and PS2 sales have to do with anything? That's irrelevant to FF13
Since my entire point before was comparing FFXIII to the entire series before it, no it isn't irrelevant. You're just passing over any point that inconveniently breaks yours.

I'm not even gonna bother responding to the rest of your post.
>>
>>319499147

>4 was not a high budget remake, it was a cheap outsourced remake
The FMVs for the game cost more than most DS games cost. Plus they completely remade the game engine to be 3D.

For a DS game, it was a huge expense. And only sold 150k more than a port of an SNES game which had virtually no development costs. That's bad no matter how you want to spin it.

>Stop fucking pretending DQ could ever beat FF in the west
Give a valid reason it couldn't.
>>
>>319499881
such a fucking shame, that FFIV remake was freaking amazing, ive played it more times through than any other ff game.
>>
>>319499514
do you compulsively buy multiple copies of catcher in the rye as well? if you answered yes then you might be a sleeper agent assassin
>>
>implying
It looks great and I don't give a shit about it being episodic.
>>
>>319499681
No it is irrelevant because you are ignoring that console sales in Japan dropped which has nothing to do with FF

>>319499881
No it wasn't expensive, it was cheap outsourced game and there is only one FMV in the whole game and was only a few minutes long

I already told you why DQ will never catch up to FF

It lacks the prestige, care, detail, visuals, graphics, characters people can care about, unique and iconic character designs, art direction etc that FF has

DQ is as mediocre you can get and it will never beat FF in the west

The only reason DQ is even popular in Japan is because they literally eat rehashed shit up for breakfast and it's even more casual than FF
>>
>>319490864
>bottom of the barrel
people have been clamouring for a remake for years.
>>
>>319502413

yes and by obliging people they've systematically pressed their emergency cash button

which explains thise episodic hoo hah
>>
>>319501189

>It lacks the prestige, care, detail, visuals, graphics, characters people can care about, unique and iconic character designs, art direction etc that FF has
And to many people, especially the majority of Japan, the exact opposite is true.

But its pointless continuing to argue with someone who thinks his opinion is objective fact.
>>
File: witch_puffu_puffu.jpg (45 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
witch_puffu_puffu.jpg
45 KB, 640x480
>>319501189

>prestige, care, detail, characters people can care about, unique and iconic character designs, art direction

Dragon Quest does all of this way better than Final Fantasy. And I'm sorry, but you seriously think Amano or Nomura is more 'iconic' than Toriyama? That's not even true in the fucking west where Dragon Ball is more known than Final Fantasy.

Literally the only things on your list that Final Fantasy does over Dragon Quest is higher budgets in graphics and visuals (which are the same thing). And even then, liking those things is based entirely on opinion. I think Dragon Quest VIII was the best looking game on the PS2. Much better than FFX and XII. And I'm not the only one.

But that won't stop you from spouting how your opinion is the only one that matters.
>>
>>319501189

>this whole post

Holy shit dude. How big of a Final Fantasy fanboy are you? its okay to defend your series. But don't go full derp and make shit up.
>>
File: ffxiv_12082015_213915.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_12082015_213915.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>319490474
>no build diversity
>no equipment diversity
>dying community
Can't wait till I'm done with the msq so i can finally put this single player light rpg down.
>>
>>319506049
Squeenix doesn't know how to make RPGs anymore. Let alone mmoRPGs.
>>
>>319506049

>dying community
Having been duped into resubbing with Heavensward, the community was dead even back then. But given your first two points, there isn't even a need for a community. Considering you only interact with people in dungeons.
>>
>>319506217

Enix does. Its the Square side who doesn't. The Dragon Quest series is still following what made JRPGs great on the NES and SNES.

They also have the superior MMORPG. Which we will never get.
>>
>>319506386
Well the problem with the enix side is that they never send their games westward. Especially since FF has consistently stolen their thunder.
>>
>>319506705

>Well the problem with the enix side is that they never send their games westward.
Exactly. Though that's more of the problem that the combined company is run by Square employees. Enix games get overlooked because Square employees run the localization and marketing departments. The original reason Enix wanted to merge with Square was to gain access to their larger distribution capacity. Then after they combined, Square effectively screwed them.
>>
>GUYS YOU ARE NOT MAKING ENOUGH FINAL FANTASY GAMES YOU SHOULD REMAKE THE ONES WE LIKE
literally retarded
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.