[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this still the best 3D Sonic game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: Sonicadventuredcog.jpg (140 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Sonicadventuredcog.jpg
140 KB, 800x800
Is this still the best 3D Sonic game?
>>
Adventure 2 was better
>>
Adventure 1 and 2 are shit and were surpassed by Heroes which was also shit
>>
>>319490091
No it wasn't. Too many shitty Knuckles/Rouge/Tails/Eggman stages, which were all fucking terrible.
>>
File: 1449452072935.png (191 KB, 273x391) Image search: [Google]
1449452072935.png
191 KB, 273x391
Nah senpai. Sonic adventure 2 is slightly better than the first one.
>>
Why did the Gamma Stages feel alot better then the Mech stages in 2? I remember feeling this when I played the games back to back as a kid. >>319490317
>>
>>319490317
There's more shitty Knuckles/Gamma/Amy/Big levels in SA1 than in SA2
>>
Generations is objectively the best 3D sonic game because it does its own thing instead of trying to convert the 2D sonic gameplay into 3 dimensions

SA1 and SA2 are horrible messes, and Heroes is even worse
>>
I really like SA1's stages, but the fluff hurts it a lot.

2 gets more points for creativity that isn't arbitrary and better Chao garden.

Unleashed has the best 3D platforming, Generations is too simplified and playing Unleashed stages on it makes it evident that it also handles worse.
>>
>>319490508

Because gamma moved faster and you were playing a sonic game so fast is what you want
>>
>>319490508
Gamma was a sonic character that happened to have a gun
Eggman/Tails stages were snail walking simulator
>>
>>319489702
had some nostalgic fun with SA and SA2 when I was a youngster but looking back they're all immensely shitty games.

still. everytime I see that box art I just marvel. There's something so enticing about the way Sonic is drawn and you can imagine a perfect circle around him like that.
>>
No. Not at fucking all. Generations is. And its still not that strong of a game.
>>
>>319489702
In my opinion yes, but some will tell you 2 was better. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hmIEAlkPTk
>>
>>319490785
Seriously though, Sega character design, especially for stuff like Sonic and NiGHTS is great.

Remember how fucking hype you were looking at that cover when you were younger?
>>
both adventures are godawful. Every single 3D sonic after (yes, even 06) is better, save for Boom
>>
File: miku.jpg (3 MB, 3000x1683) Image search: [Google]
miku.jpg
3 MB, 3000x1683
>>319490919
>>319490785
Yuji Uekawa is a bro
Too bad his Sonic Rush artworks were pretty tame and those were like the last Sonic games with 2D artworks
>>
>>319491058
>yes, even 06
No.

I agree otherwise
>>
>>319491058
>yes, even 06
hahaha no. 06 is broken on a fundamental level, it's almost a non game
>>
I enjoyed more Sonic stages in SA1. There's a bunch of shortcuts and that was the right idea for Sonic 3d gameplay. Most of SA2 Sonic's levels are linear as fuck except for the grind levels.
The story? I don't care, they are bad in anyways. Chao Garden is superior in 2 for those who enjoyed raising chao.
>>319490508
Gamma's levels are shorter, that helps. Tails levels are boring, only a few of Eggman's are good.
>>319490540
Both are hit or miss, but SA1 still is sightly better or have a better idea of how things should be. SA1 Tails is like Sonic but a racing. SA1 Knux hunter stages are better, shorter/faster to do and with better radar. Gamma feels okay to play, just Amy is meh and Big is "why".
>>
Looking back why was SS1 so ambitious with its variety? It had
>Sonic parts of course
>Shooting segments with gamma
>Go cart sections
> Snowboarding sections
>Fishing
>Chao Gardens
>and even multiplayer.
>>
File: 1448662938656.jpg (29 KB, 587x377) Image search: [Google]
1448662938656.jpg
29 KB, 587x377
Sonic Lost World was the most fun I had 3D platforming in a Sonic game
>>
>>319489702
Yes because it had big the cat fishing.
2's Chao garden is better though.
>>
>>319491058
Nah, 06 was a fucking abomination, at least adventure is over quick.
>>
>>319491390
its a common thing when a developer isnt confident in their product. They do a bunch of different shit poorly because they feel the core game isnt good enough to stand on its own.

Also because sonic runs fast so you spend more assets on less play time. Fill it in with bullshit
>>
>>319491390
Don't forget the plane segments.
>>
>>319491390
It was a launch title for the dreamcast. Essentially it's "Hey our platform is capable of doing this shit. Develop game for this."
>>
>>319492136
SA1 was one of those games that were supposed to be on the Saturn and then changed to the Dreamcast. That's why SA looks bad even for 98 game for such a console(just compare to how it looked Soul Calibur or Shenmue even before been released). There is even a brief moment you see a Sonic model from one of the Saturn games when is riding the Tornado.
>>
>>319491390
That variety is one of the main reasons it was shit - they spread their resources too thin and everything was underdeveloped as a result
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.