[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I want to play this game. Just wondering. Should I play the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: A60gSvJ.png (137 KB, 500x363) Image search: [Google]
A60gSvJ.png
137 KB, 500x363
So, I want to play this game. Just wondering.
Should I play the demo first?
Is it really worth 10 dollars or should I wait for a sale?
What is the actual good part of the game, the gameplay, the story, the characters, the artstyle, the graphics or what?
I liked some RPGs like early FFs and Mario RPGs, but never played Earthbound. Will I like this?
>>
Meh. The game is short, but packs a punch. Its a light version of Earthbound, or any weird JRPG
>>
>>319487680
>play demo
>wait for a sale.
>play blind
>stay offline.

If you don't know anything about the game, perfect. I know all about it and I don't want to play it.
>>
>>319487680
It depends on whether or not you like the characters or gameplay.
If you like em, then you'll really enjoy the game.
>>
>>319487984
Yeah. The game is much better going in blind. As if you know whats going to happen, you will get nothing out of the game
>>
File: tumblrtale.png (4 KB, 181x181) Image search: [Google]
tumblrtale.png
4 KB, 181x181
10 bucks is pretty cheap. I thought it was wroth it enough to buy it and a copy for a friend, but you know there's gonna be a Steam sale before/around Christmas and I'm sure this'll be half off.

>What's the actually good part of the game

It's the characters really. I like the music a lot too.

The defining part is how everything interacts really. The story is anime-tier slop, but the way it's told through gameplay is very good. It's all about how the creator uses the meta to play with your expectations.
>>
>>319488250
"wroth"
>>
dont play it, it's garbage

you couldn't even call it a "video game" really. it's more like an interactive book with pictures so retards can understand.
>>
>>319487680
Play the demo if you can, it's the first hour of the game basically

Depends. It might go on sale over Christmas so it might be worth holding out.

The story/writing and characters are generally considered the highpoint, but I actually really liked the gameplay and how they mixed gameplay and story together.

Legit hard to say. It's more of an anti-RPG then an RPG if that makes any sense. Try the demo and see.

Oh, and make sure you stay as blind as possible.
>>
>>319488250
>Half off

No reason to do that. tThe game has been in the top selling spots since launch. Why should Toby make a discount in a game that is still selling a lot?
>>
>>319487984
>>stay offline.
This is pretty important, because people will start harassing you about starting the game over and over again when it closes.
>>
>>319488580
Sales numbers typically trumps overall dollar figure, at least for smaller developers. Depends on whether or not Tubby wants to sacrifice some shekels in order to just surge some interest back.
>>
I started it today, definitely worth the money. I was in tears within the first few hours...
>>
>>319487680
Just pirate it dude.
>>
File: 1443598860623.png (227 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1443598860623.png
227 KB, 720x720
Like others have said, play the demo, it'll give you an idea of what to expect. The art gets better after the area included in the demo but some areas are still really rough in the final game. Also, random encounters aren't as frequent in the full game.

Whether it's worth 10 dollars or not depends on whether or not you enjoy the game, it's basically entirely subjective. All the things that people praise the game for may not appeal to you at all.

It's not god's gift to gaming like a lot of people try to claim, but I thought it was a nice experience. Most of the fans just need to learn to shut the fuck up and accept that not everyone is going to like it, and that shitposters cannot be convinced that it's a good game because refusing to do so is the point of shitposting.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.