[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you fix Nintendo?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8
File: nintendogoyboy.png (478 KB, 460x755) Image search: [Google]
nintendogoyboy.png
478 KB, 460x755
How would you fix Nintendo?
>>
File: reggie.jpg (154 KB, 650x350) Image search: [Google]
reggie.jpg
154 KB, 650x350
Lower publishing fees below what Sony asks for. Have them make a lot of exclusive deals with third parties. Release a system more powerful than the PS4, even if it is at a loss.

Basically, they need to get third parties back. They will always be able to survive on their first party games and handheld sales. They just need to become dominant on consoles again.

Also, bitchslap any shareholder who keeps demanding smartphone games.
>>
File: My Gameboy is Reggie.png (2 KB, 160x144) Image search: [Google]
My Gameboy is Reggie.png
2 KB, 160x144
>>319486626
Publishing fees isn't why third parties don't want to release games ion their consoles.
>Also, bitchslap any shareholder who keeps demanding smartphone games.
That's pretty much what they were doing but that didn't really work out.
>>
File: 1435347476404.jpg (522 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1435347476404.jpg
522 KB, 1920x1080
>create some small development teams comprised of newer employees and allow them some creative freedom
>embrace competitive smash
>metroid games, one 2d and one 3d
>respect the players intelligence when designing future games
>combine the handheld and home console effort so the development teams aren't split between the two anymore, allowing for more games on the system
>any mobile apps created need to have a version made for the handheld part of the fusion system
>work on the online aspect of their games that need it, apply any industry standard such as pregame lobbies, private lobbies, better network/tickrates
>account system for online
>remove region lock
>create some skilled medium sized developer teams to work on the forgotten franchises and give them some love

These are some of the things I could think of, but I'm not really sure what to do with third party stuff. I'm.not sure they can even get them back outside of them funding games for their system which isn't a bad option since they can have some creative control over it.

>buy Platinum and have them make games for Nintendo
>>
>>319486958

>Publishing fees isn't why third parties don't want to release games ion their consoles.
Yes it is. It is one of a dozen different reasons. And the primary reason third parties jumped to PS1 back in the day.
>>
Ditch dual screens
>>
No more gimmicks, just a decent console to compete with Sony,MS.
Clean house in NOA/E.
3DS with actual good hardware.
An actual account system.
No more pretending to be "FAMRY FIRST".
Force Shiggy to retire.
Bring in new talent.
Use all the saved money to fund new and interesting ideas from outside Nintendo for possible future partnerships.
Also do an audit and fix of Gamefreak.
>>
>>319486958

>That's pretty much what they were doing but that didn't really work out.
It was working fine. The 3DS is the only viable handheld anymore and crushed the PS Vita. But the minute Iwata died, they caved in and rushed to make smartphone games. Undercutting the very market that is keeping them alive.
>>
>>319486626
>Release a system more powerful than the PS4, even if it is at a loss.

Thank god people like you aren't making decisions at Nintendo.
>>
>>319485523
Have them make games. Tell them that kids don't play Nintendo, kids play XBOX, so stop treating the fans you do have like retards.

Make some games.

Miyamoto, leave Mario RPGs alone you fucking jackass. If you want to ruin Mario, stick to your shitty 2D every block is a power-up and infinite lives in every level bullshit.

Stop confusing people with your horrible console names.

Give us a normal controller and not a giant tablet that you won't even support. We're lucky to get it used as a map screen at this point.

Do something or just make toys and give up games, because it sure doesn't seem like you even try anymore.
>>
>>319487738
>And the primary reason third parties jumped to PS1 back in the day.

Except that's wrong retard. The reason was because they hated working with Nintendo, and that hasn't changed.
>>
Close it's doors forever.
>>
Switch to third party and sell their games on steam or their own shitty 3rd party DRM store.
>>
Lower the price of their products.

Its the only reason why Pii U failed
>>
File: 1437196103814.jpg (247 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1437196103814.jpg
247 KB, 1366x768
>>319485523
remove NoA staff and hire someone who actually likes game and it's not a soccer mom

pass the torch to the new kids to make new games instead of rehashing the same idea over and over with old fats like Miyamoto that doesn't know how to do shit anymore
>>
>>319488590
are you retarded?
Sony did that very thing with the PS3 and ended up making a shitload of money back for it
>>
MAKE MORE MARIO GAMES. SURELY THAT IS WHAT THE FANS WANT HEH HEH
>>
>>319488716

They hated working on a Nintendo system because of tight quality control (censorship and demanding third parties change some things) and high publishing costs.

Nintendo has all but removed its quality restrictions. You can have a game focused on decapitating babies for all they care. The only thing that remains is the publishing costs being higher than Sony.

But you're right. Even if Nintendo did lower its publishing costs and had a system stronger than the PS4, some third parties would still boycott them just out of spite. But not all of them.
>>
>>319488932
>His tech demo's he showed off during Treehouse
The sad part is he seemed genuine about them.
>>
File: dumbfrogpost.jpg (34 KB, 736x789) Image search: [Google]
dumbfrogpost.jpg
34 KB, 736x789
>tfw the new nintendo console is all VR and it's the ultimate gimmick machine to end all gimmick machines
>>
Create a next gen console that is actually next gen.
>>
>>319489557
i have this fear that the NX is actually a VR only console
>>
>>319489557
>Nintendo trying to do VR
I can see it.
I don't want to, but I can.
>>
>>319485523
They'd censor more games cause that would be pretty funny.
>>
>>319489557
Virtual Boy?
>>
>>319486626
>Have them make a lot of exclusive deals with third parties.
Because that's working wonderfully for Microsoft, right?
>>
Delete Nintendo of America
Open small South American branch for distribution
Open new NoA that also supports Canada
Release a new Game & Watch collection and sequels to mario bros., balloon fight, excitebike for people who actually like video games.

Refrain from censoring, all in house translations,cut back memes by 99%, publish Japanese only games digitally, have monthly sales.
>>
>>319489901

I have a fear that the NX is going to be a super expensive handheld trying to act like a console. Which will make it an amazing handheld, but weaker than even the Wii U as a console.
>>
>>319490214
>it's a new Gameboy but VR
>>
name the next console Nintendo Ultra Entertainment System and have all of the shitty 80's and 90's taglines to go with it
>>
>>319490123

Nintendo already did it as well. Back on the GC, they had made the 'Big 5' deal where Capcom was suppose to make 5 games exclusive for GameCube. In the end, only four of them even released and all but one of them was quickly ported to PS2.

The deals you're seeing with Microsoft and Sony right now are doing the same thing. They pay millions so the company making the game can't port it to another system for 2 years. But then after that, suddenly the game is on XBone, PC, Wii U and any other system they can stuff it on.
>>
>>319490189
>Open small South American branch for distribution
sorry my furry Kuzco friend, NoA controls all the continent
>>
>>319490339
>3DS
>>
>>319489901
that doesn't sound so bad

i mean the one-user-only wii-u gamepad may as well be strapped to one person's face for their eyes only, no real difference between the two platforms
>>
More dicks
>>
>>319490476
the only real plausible game i can see working for it would be original starfox with an 1stperson cockpit view
can you honestly imagine playing a 2d mario with a VR headset
>>
I would just make zelda a girl already
>>
>>319490763
yeah it would be like those 3D classics on 3DS but with better and more depth

sounds fun desu
>>
File: IanYes.gif (478 KB, 300x228) Image search: [Google]
IanYes.gif
478 KB, 300x228
>>319486626
>>319490413
>a system more powerful than the PS4
There's too much market saturation for a Nintendo console. It's just a paywall to games that would sell much better on PC, and the marketing campaign could promote the simplicity of sharing the original Nintendo games with those that haven't played them.
>>
>>319485523
reboot smw and sell them like episodes, make more mature ips and DO NOT REBOOT MELEE
>>
>>319485523
>this screen res
Shitty image op
>>
>>319491927

By that logic, we shouldn't have a Sony and certainly not a Microsoft console.

But consoles aren't going away just because you prefer PC.
>>
>>319492243
>By that logic, if there're too many consoles there should be no consoles
No.
>>
File: 1402673223599.webm (1 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1402673223599.webm
1 MB, 640x480
>>319487673
>>
>>319491927
Don't forget to buy the all new line of nintendo mcdonald's toys to gain access to all new content only available through the new amiibo2 system as well!
>>
>>319492974
>Don't have to pay $300 for a worthless console
>but more amiibo garbo
Sweet.
>>
>>319487673
No thanks
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.