[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Games delivered in episodes will be the norm soon.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 6
File: good meme.jpg (104 KB, 786x600) Image search: [Google]
good meme.jpg
104 KB, 786x600
Games delivered in episodes will be the norm soon.
>>
>>319479102
You're an idiot if you don't understand why this is necessary.
>>
But it's a norm already.
>>
>>319480857
To make more money
>>
>>319480857
herewegoagain.tiff
>>
>>319480857

pls advise
>>
>its ok when old games do it!
>>
>>319480857

It's not and you're a troll for enabling them.
>>
>>319480857
>You're an idiot if you don't understand why this is necessary
No, they are. The original came out close to twenty years ago, they're the ones that put an arbitrary deadline on themselves by announcing without allowing enough time to do the task they promised properly.
>>
>>319480857
Enlighten us, why is it necessary?
>>
At this point I'm almost surprised they didn't kickstart it to give incentive to "speed up" the release of the episodes.

Fuck SE
>>
>>319482228
I'm surprised they haven't. Square have done nothing but shit on their fans for the past decade and the fans still line up to suck their dick.
>>
File: 1337697404266.png (62 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1337697404266.png
62 KB, 300x300
>>319480857
Right on cue.
>>
>>319479102
>thinking that actually breaking down a story into an episodic structure wouldn't allow for better pacing in future games
>>
>>319483317
Yeah because splitting up The Hobbit into three parts certainly improved the pacing didn't it.
>>
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 600x570) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 600x570
>post yfw western AAA devs start following the episodic release design from SE for their major titles
>>
>>319481963
>>319483154

They only thing I'll accept is a game dedicated purely to Midgar, and game for the rest of it.

>>319480857

You're an idiot if you think a simple remake can't fit on a couple of blu ray, and not got over a 90 million dollar budget which is double the development budget for FF7.
>>
>>319479102
This will be the norm for SE now because the take too long to make anything otherwise
>>
File: 1448603185567.gif (377 KB, 514x601) Image search: [Google]
1448603185567.gif
377 KB, 514x601
I would've been happy with a remake on par with FF4 PSP.

>updated graphics while still looking similar to the original
>updated translation
>new content
>remastered music with the option to switch between it and the original OST
>>
>>319484292

That's the thing though, it's not a simple remake. This is an extremely hard game to remake.

But the comparison to XV does have me questioning a lot of things.
>>
>>319479102
has people started to use this to respark the fire that is "games shouldn't have any stories"

>Games are becoming episodic as a norm now, like STORIES!
>>
Even if they overblow it with a shitload of cutscenes there's no way they need to than 3 blu ray discs maximum.

They're just being stupidly ambitious like they were with XV which is why it got cut down to size.
>>
>>319486476
And like XV they'll keep delaying it for years with only a new cinematic trailer to show at each E3.
>>
if it is 20 bucks an episode im ok with this. But still it is fucking stupid not to release it all at once. At least if it seems like shit and you dont want to see the rest you will only pay 20.
>>
>>319486647

I don't even know why they bothered saying anything. They've really shot themselves in the foot with this episodic nonsense, even after such an awesome trailer.
>>
A game as huge as Final Fantasy 7 was possible because most the game wasn't in full 3D environments, they were basically water colored animation backgrounds which made the development much faster and easier. With 3D graphics being the norm, having huge and numerous levels rendered in full 3D graphics would be exceedingly cumbersome to development, so releasing in episodes makes sense because then the developers can make money in the process and continue development.

I mean, how would you like a game that looks like a Bethesda game with prefabricated levels and props all over the place? It's uglier than sin.
>>
>>319479102
Cait Sith stand-alone game when? It's time the real hero of FFVII gets some recognition.
>>
>>319486721
They're pushing it as "It has a full game's worth of content in it!" So it will be priced accordingly.
>>
>>319486926
The thing is fans wanted mostly just a visual improvement, not a complete overhaul of the game system and changing it to the hallway simulator it seems to be. I'm sure most of us that have played it wouldn't mind beautiful pre-rendered backgrounds.
>>
>>319484292

Well let's look at it like this.

What we've seen are CGI trailers and a little gameplay within a span of a couple of months of it's reveal.

We first saw gameplay for Versus XIII in 2008 or 2009 IIRC, and the first reveal was 2006.

It's been that long, and we're not seeing a game until next year.

I'm pretty sure they just don't want to put this remake in that sort of development hell, so the only reasonable way to do this is to do a XIII like trilogy of games to keep people from waiting until the end of the PS4's life to play it.

Let's face it this game needs to be out there much much faster than Versus/XV.
>>
>A remake of a 1 GB game cant fit in a dual layer BD disc

Oh Nomura, you card
>>
File: atb_mocking_article1[1].jpg (7 KB, 170x203) Image search: [Google]
atb_mocking_article1[1].jpg
7 KB, 170x203
>each episode will be full price
>players will have to wait until 2028 to beat the final boss
>devs actually think a remake of a single game should be many games
>exploiting fans and a famous IP has reached new heights of Jewry
>people will actually defend this
>>
>>319487445

>Blu Ray Disc disc
>>
>>319487197
That's horseshit. So 180 dollars total if we count 60 dollars for each disc of the ps1 version? Fuck that. I'm good with the original game now.
>>
>>319479102
Not if consumers pull a miracle and stop being complete imbeciles.
>>
>>319487287
>to keep people from waiting until the end of the PS4's life to play it.

Try the end of the PS5's life, if it's as huge as they claim.
>>
>>319487480
>people will actually defend this
They already are.
>>
>>319485839
This is what I was hoping for 2bh, not that I really wanted a remake, but if they really had to, just fucking do it like they have other FF games. But no, they had to go all out to get maximum bucks.
>>
>>
>>319487689

we don't know nothing from nothing yet everyone needs to stop overreacting

they could come out tomorrow and say they miscalculated the scale and it won't be episodic who knows

all i know is they're pretty much fucking this up in the same year they announced it which is amazing

even the kh bandwaginning normies are pissed about this
>>
>>319485839

Wasn't all the new content just from the GBA version?
>>
>>319487480
>this way they can keep everything in!
The second I can't go into all the shops, bars, stalls, and help a woman who can't stop shitting herself in Wall Market I'm out
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEGerxOD0ig

Video that's getting more relevant by the day
>>
>>319487445

>he thinks the remake is the same amount of data
>>
>>319486978
This. CS was a slave to Shinra just like Cloud was a slave to Sephiroth, but he remained cheerful even as he went willingly to his death to save the planet. Cloud just moped about like a bitch and only survived until the end because of dumb luck and a million people looking after his ass.
>>
>>319480857

I know. I've been dealing with idiots all week who can't grasp the memories of SE stating numerous times before how large of a task this would be and how much money it would cost.

You're getting a FF7 Remake like you asked people, maybe next time you shouldn't wish for shit if you can't stand how you're gonna get it.
>>
>>319479102
Everyone has a raging throbbing boner for FF7 because "muh childhood".
Square knows this and will take advantage of it to cash as much money as possible.
>>
>>319488339
>SE stating numerous times before how large of a task this would be and how much money it would cost

That's only because they're overly ambitious and are intent on outdoing the original game which nobody gives a fuck about but them.

No game in the world needs more than a couple of blu ray.
>>
>>319488339
>You're getting a FF7 Remake

No I'm getting FF7 Revised Edition by Tetsuya Nomura bloated with new cutscenes that have nothing to do with the original game.
>>
Episodic gaming is the most cancerous thing in gaming. I'd rather have micro transactions and drm.
>>
>>319488339

People are flying off the handle because this whole thing smells like they just want to milk more money out of you, and it's a completely legitimate concern considering this game cannot possibly not fit on a few blu ray discs as one project.
>>
>>319488339
>you can't blame us we warned you years ago we'd have to Jew the shit out of you!
>>
>>319488339

It only "costs so much" because of ridiculous management in the entire industry
>>
>>319488339
>you're getting a FF7 Remake like you asked people, maybe next time you shouldn't wish for shit if you can't stand how you're gonna get it

Pretty much this, fags. Stop asking for fucking remakes, let go of your childhood.
>>
>>319479102
if half life couldn't do it successfully, Final Fantasy sure as hell won't be able to.
>>
>>319488269

kek so true
>>
>>319488269
Nah bullshit. I'm sick of remakes and "reboots" that retcon established lore and characters just because some execs need some more money and the shareholders are restless. It makes art totally meaningless and everything you enjoy can and will be changed or totally wiped clean on a whim and the fucking plebs and the paid off journalists will probably just lap it up while some of us wonder what the point of it all in the first place. Can't wait for the industry to crash 2bh, Hollywood too.
>>
You know, maybe this is a logical evolution for the medium, or at least the genre. Not saying it's ideal, but logical.
>>
>>319491151

watch the video to the end
>>
>>319479102
>dat cait sith robo manboobs
>>
>>319488269

I feel exactly the same.

A part of me is angry as hell, but at the end of the day who knows what's going to happen, and I still have my remastered copy fo FF7.
>>
as long as it's mean more content and not overpriced, what's not to like?
>>
>>319486476
what if it's six disks?
>>
>>319492103

imagine that mandatory install size
>>
>>319479102
>it's okay when Half-Life does it
>>
>>319492527
did the ps3 have any games with really big installs?
>>
>>319491541
I did.
>>
>>319479102
Sony let this happen.
>>
>>319491151

at the end of the day this is SE's emergency cash button and the original game still exists

just sit back and laugh
>>
>>319492602
>SE will never release FF7 episode 3
No, it's not ok.
>>
>>319493749
whew lad that leap in logic is almost as great as the leap I had to take from your parent's bedroom window :^)
>>
>>319479102
Its ok when Witcher does it.
>>
>>319479102
.hack/ was alright.what's the verdict on this being horrible 20%-10%
>>
FF VII The Mako Incident

FF VII The Honey Bee Inn

F VII The Golden Saucer
>>
>>319479102

I would actually be okay with that pic if it means we're not getting a single game with cut content in 2020.
>>
>>319495938

Why would that game have to have cut content with that amount of development time?

Size is not a factor here considering the size of blu rays.
>>
>>319496459
Probably a combination of shit tons of uncompressed audio, and recreating all those painted backdrops in 3d at 1:1 scale with the character models.
>>
how big was VII?
>>
>>319498065

1gb
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.