[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Literally dozens of systems >No in-game tutorials, not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: adexxenoml.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
adexxenoml.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
>Literally dozens of systems
>No in-game tutorials, not even optional
>Even game reviewers are confused by everything
>Have to read e-manual to even play game

Jesus Christ, what were they thinking?
>>
>>319472085
>Have to read e-manual to even play game

can confirm. and even the manual doesnt explain half the shit, which is told to you by random npcs in random places.

i guess we should have played the first one or something.
>>
>>319472085
It's neat, isn't it? Having a game that doesn't hold your hand constantly. Confusing game reviewers isn't exactly a hard task, though.
>>
File: 1438736606777.png (14 KB, 142x202) Image search: [Google]
1438736606777.png
14 KB, 142x202
>Game not holding your hand is somehow a bad thing
>being surprised that reviewers are retarded
>>
>>319472085
There's a difference between being hand-holding and being taught by experience nnitnendo.
>>
There's a difference between holding your hand, and being overly obtuse.
>>
Stop being a pussy. Game is giving me Demon's Souls vibes in terms of being totally against the grain and fun to figure out.
>>
>>319472085
>>Even game reviewers are confused by everything
They're always like that, though
>>
>>319473360
>taught by experience

Game systems have gotten so complex that this shit is hard to do, it's not your classic case of Megaman X now.

Any "taught by experience" would be a tutorial mission that would be useless in any additional playthroughs, that shit is not fun, and I'm glad it's minimized in XCX
>>
>>319472085
>a game finally respects the player enough to let them figure the game out on their own

Thank you based Nintendo.
>>
most stuff you learn with time but

>the quest board gives you quests for random levels, i got several that involved killing mobs twice my level
>they dont tell you where most objectives are (this part i dont really have a problem with)
>main quest requires you to complete random affinity quests or whatever.
>they dont tell you where any of those quests are

hope you like wandering around for hours looking for shit!

game is great, but goddamn this pisses me off. it's not even a question of "git gud", it's just sheer luck, when u can actually find what you need.

lucklily, we have the internet for that
>>
>>319473168
>>319473203
Yeah because The Last Remnant and Natural Doctrine always come up when people talk about good games, right? There's a difference between a hard game like lets say monster hunter that is still good and a game that does a terrible job of explaining people how to play it.
>>
>>319475386
But people love The Last Remnant

Never tried Natural Doctrine tho
>>
>>319472085

Based Monolith Soft. This game is literally casual repellent. Most players (and reviewers) just get lost because they are too stupid to figure everything out or memorize all the hundreds of little things the game tells you. Meanwhile I'm having a blast and constantly two steps ahead of the game because I am able to process all the information efficiently.
>>
>>319475556
>But people love The Last Remnant
You mean the 3 people who actually finished it by totally not reading up on a guide because it's so fucking intuitive, right?
>>
Sounds like GotY material to me.
>Oh no, how dare you have to used provided materials or talk to NPCs to learn the game!
>>
File: Homer tip.jpg (7 KB, 290x174) Image search: [Google]
Homer tip.jpg
7 KB, 290x174
>>319475642
Wew lads we have a badass over here!
>>
>have to read the manual to understand how to play the game

HOLY FUCK

It's threads like these that demonstrate just how underage this board really is.
>>
>>319472085
>No in-game tutorials, not even optional
are you serious? you spend hours taking tours and doing quests that are all about teaching you how probes work and how BLADE operates.
>>
File: athlum.jpg (111 KB, 702x768) Image search: [Google]
athlum.jpg
111 KB, 702x768
>>319475652

This.

I fucking love TLR but let's not pretend the tutorials were worth a damn.
>>
>Even game reviewers are confused by everything

Like that's a surprise.
>>
>Game holds your hand

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS CASUAL BABYSHIT MODE WHAT THE FUCK WHERE THEY THINKING!

>Game doesn't hold your hand

BAAAWWW HOW DO I PLAY THIS SHIT WHA THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING?
>>
>>319472085

Havent played X, but xenoblade was like this too. They straight up didnt explain a few of the mechanics and a lot of the mechanics had a really shitty explanation, so it was just like, figure it out yourself. Of course I havent played X yet so I dont know how much more complex it is compared to xenoblade
>>
So, what's the difference between Light/Medium/Heavy/Skell Ground Gear?
>>
>>319472085
It's been good when it comes to some semblance of conveyance with how to ay some of the game but holy shit the nuances of this game makes me frustrated and wanting to play more.

It's like being in an abusive relationship. You can't handle the beatings but you come crawling back for that warm feeling when things go right.
>>
GIT GUD
I
T

G
U
D
>>
>>319474167
>they dont tell you where any of those quests are
Yes they do, just tap the minimap icons that look like the affinity quest symbols.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.