[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ARK SURVIVAL MEMeVOLED
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 324.png (794 KB, 982x518) Image search: [Google]
324.png
794 KB, 982x518
Thoughts on this game?
>>
>early acc-
I'll stop right there.
>>
dinos
>>
it sucks
>>
It's fun, but it has a good number of bugs, isn't optimized, and Chinese faggots ruin official PvP servers unless you're in a dedicated 4+ man tribe who can fight back. If you've got a 4670k & a GTX780 or better it will be a decent PvP base builder with friends right now. Otherwise you're better off waiting until Summer or whenever they go full launch.

It's also pretty easy to mod with full support in Unreal 4, and private servers are too easy to get up & running. Part of the issue with the game right now is everybody wants their own private server so we have thousands of them with 1-4 people each. However, if you can get your own dedicated hardware & advertise it you can potentially draw in decent crowds.

I've personally stopped playing it & won't start up again until summer at the earliest.
>>
Looks neat, I want it, but my PC can't run it at all.
>>
>>319464237
>Still playing this outdated garbage when Hurtworld exists
baka desu familia
>>
I'm too tired to shit on this game for being an early access kike hike, so I'm just going to call it a meme game and leave your thread alone.
>>
>>319465005
>>319464897
>cant run a game from 2015 unless you have a 2000 dollar pc

so glad i chose a ps4 over a gayman pee sea
>>
I take that back, I'll leave after I reply to >>319465012 and remind him that his new cashgrab is basically the version that Rust aborted in the dumpster and people are actually expecting the game to not end up like the Stomping Grounds.
>>
>open world survival game with crafting

Why do they keep doing this this has never been even close to good.
>>
>>319465419
>h1z1
>not good
>>
File: Capture.png (284 KB, 954x770) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
284 KB, 954x770
>>319465419
For whatever reason, people eat this shit up every time a new game gets released, which is every 3 months.
>>
I've been playing it a lot, and by playing, I mean idling since shit takes so long to do. I'm currently raising wolf pups as I type, so I just alt tab and do other things while and occasionally go back to feed them.

If you have other people to play with, it's lots of fun, otherwise I'd wait.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (44 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
44 KB, 480x360
its pretty fun, i have around 200 hours

pros
>cool graphics, the map isnt randomly generated or anything so there are some really cool landscapes
>dinosaurs look fairly good
>decent variety of dinosaurs, most of them can be ridden
>creatures get added around bimonthly or monthly
>regular updates, devs respond on the steam community
>crafting is cool, if a bit limited
>when you tame a big dino its really satisfying and you get attached to it and invested in it surviving
>playing with friends is great
>can play non-dedicated online or single player
>currently has multiple environments including tundra, a huge swamp, and going underwater really deep
>trex
>can ride on a sasquatch's shoulders

cons
>need a decent pc
>official servers are largely fucked unless you have your own group
>non-dedicated means you have to set a tether distance and your guests can't go past it away from you (on the plus side you can have them spawn at you)
>default times for taming large dinos are insane, upwards of 7+ hours real time (can be easily changed if not on an official server)
>some crafting takes way too much material, probably to balance public servers
>early access
>wont be nearly as fun if you play alone unless you really enjoy solo survival-crafting
>by default you wont be able to craft every item without having one or two other players who unlocked different crafting recipes
>going underwater is scary as fuck

hopefully that helps anyone curious
>>
Good game for an amazing price.
You need a monster pc to even run it though.
Devs are god-tier too.
>>
>>319466129
>need a decent PC
No, you need a monster. My rig can run the Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 at 60fps with some dips here and there during explosions or some crazy shit happening. I can hardly run ARK at 30fps without it looking like garbage. It's got to be the most unoptimized game I've ever played.
>>
>>319466352
i think its the graphics options, you can run it on a laptop if you let it look like shit

i think i have everything on high or medium and i can run it just fine while i play and host a server if i want to, although id rather not until they optimize it further

>massively improved loading times has been on the upcoming updates for at least a month while minor updates have been coming out first
>>
>>319465209
The hardware & software including the game itself would cost less than $1k right now. The game is only rough to run because it's unoptimized early release, basically a beta test. But don't worry console friend, it is going to have a PS4 launch too.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.