[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
helldivers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: helldivers-keyart-wide-logo[1].jpg (512 KB, 2000x1060) Image search: [Google]
helldivers-keyart-wide-logo[1].jpg
512 KB, 2000x1060
looks pretty fun, whats your thoughts /v/?
i saw 3 webms and im pretty much sold on it.
post some webms if you gott'em
>>
aaaaaaand i bought it.
who wants to do some bro-ops? in about 40 minutes
>>
Fun but it hot potatoes your vita after 5 minutes. Would probably destroy it eventually.
>>
played it on the vita, pretty solid game. fuck all the dlc shit though. don't yet have the motive to shell out another $20 for it so I may pick it up when its on sale
>>
>>319452283
got it on steam, whats with all the DLC packs? is it just like booster packs
>>
>>319452459
Oh shit I didn't know it was on PC. Picking up.
>>
I'm tempted to pick it up on the playstation but I'm not sure if it's worth the money
>>
>>319452459
each dlc pack contains a bunch of different crap, vanity wear / equipment
some of them are game-breakingly good, some of them are complete trash
>>
File: 1446054449420.jpg (33 KB, 800x611) Image search: [Google]
1446054449420.jpg
33 KB, 800x611
alien swarm is still free why would I pay for a reskin?
>>
Is there a way to make aiming smoother on PC?

it's probably intended but it feels rather crappy

>>319452615
because it's ded
>>
>>319452615
>>319452556
its pretty cheap brah 15 bongs.

so no steam players here? do people mic up?
>>
>>319452808
It's either Helldivers or Rocket League
>>
>>319452753
do you play with kb+m or a pad?
im thinking of using a 360 pad
>>
Is pc cross platform with ps?
I know vita and ps4 versions can play together.
>>
Is the game worth it without the Digital Deluxe Edition? Or is this one of those games where it forces you to buy shit?
>>
>>319452903
Well, Helldivers requires friends to play with, Rocket League doesn't.

I'd say you'd get way more worth out of RL, I've put over 300 hours into it all by myself already.
>>
>>319453012
looks like a ton of DLC. I wonder if any of that shit is worth it.
>>
>one friend prefers laying around literally doing nothing for hours instead of playing games
>one friend prefers playing on console and comes up with dumbshit excuses not to play ("My back hurts")
>one friend has some toaster laptop but insists he's going to upgrade "someday"

I'd buy it if all my friends weren't fucking faggots that have ignored my co-op gifts in the past.
>>
>>319453012
vanilla is fine and really enjoyable as is, just get used to faggots toting around their special snowflake weaponry and demeriting if they happen to lose it
>>
>>319453009
i just did a quick search looks like you can do across all the ps platforms but no pc/ps.
something to do with M$/Sony shit.
>>
>>319452753
>Is there a way to make aiming smoother on PC?

They purposely fucked up the kb+m controls because it was easier than with a gamepad.
>>
>>319453012
>Is the game worth it without the Digital Deluxe Edition?
NO

DO
NOT
BUY
THE
DLC

IT'S ALL JUST USELESS/P2W GEAR THAT YOU DON'T NEED
>>
>>319453081

send it to me bby
>>
>>319453273
this anon knows. Vanilla equipment is varied enough to keep you going for hours as is, while the DLC gear will literally suck the joy out of playing with how easy it makes the game.
>>
>>319453273
Wtf, the dlc gives stat boosts or something? I
m not sure if I even want this game. I might just Pirate/demo it with friends to gauge our interest in the purchase.
>>
>>319453529
Perhaps the DLC is fine for couch co op friends that just want to
try it out while you gear yourself normally. Just a thought.
>>
>>319453702
If it were varied, balanced, and accurately priced, I'd say go for it, but it's not. Ultimately the choice is up to you.
>>
>>319452615
Alien Swarm died a quick death though, which is also why I'm hesitant to buy this game.
>>
so im going to do a few hours in vanilla and get a lay of the land, see if dlc is necessary.
hows armor customisation, do you get nice looking gear?
i hate dlc but at least its cheap dlc
>>
Tempted to buy it but I don't have a gamepad and these types of games usually have shit controls with kb+m in my experience.
>>
>>319454114
This game is specifically designed for co-op, and any game that's specifically designed for co-op is not worthwhile if you do not have friends to play it with.
>>
>>319454142
you unlock more armor pieces based on your level, capes too
>>
>>319454142
>cheap DLC
no it isn't
>>
>>319454440
>for you
i make £25/hr
>>
add me on steam familam
ebi381
>>
>>319451503
From the few gameplay vids I've seen, this looks like Magicka with guns. Is it? And is it fun?
>>
>>319452615
Because alien swarm was fucking shit because of how overpowered the flamethrower was.
>>
BUG WORLD IS GONNA REKK US
>>
>>319456451
Magicka with guns and instead of rocks, it's orbital drop pods squishing you and your friends.

Very fun. I've been playing 50/50 solo and with friends and it is a blast. Lots of neat little things that are well executed.
For instance, there's a Recoilless Rifle that comes in two parts, the weapon and the ammo pack. If you're playing alone, you have to take both and if you want to reload, you are stuck in place pulling a rocket off your back and loading the launcher. Playing co-op? Someone else grabs the ammo pack and reloading is nearly instant, they just have to run up behind you and interact with you to slap a rocket in. Quite exciting when you're holding an objective, a big enemy shows up, the rocket guy fires, you run over and slap another rocket in just as another big one shows up and he just blasts him too.

Plus the bit of humor is pretty good, I'm 35 hours in and still smirk when blasting a bug and hearing, "FREEDOM NEVER SLEEPS!" from my guy.
>>
>>319458340
Forgot to attach my webm.
>>
>>319453081
I can sympathies with toaster man.
>>
>20 Eur
fuck, should've gotten better grades for that scholarship monnies from my lovely gubmint
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.