[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Steam Mobile Bullshit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1
File: thumb_store.jpg (67 KB, 252x448) Image search: [Google]
thumb_store.jpg
67 KB, 252x448
Hey valve assholes some of us don't have smart phones let alone text messaging so we are supposed to have bullshit trade holds on our accounts now because all cell carriers around here want to screw me with data and text charges so I refuse to support that?
>>
>>319445790
Yes.
>>
>>319445790
No.
>>
>>319445790
Maybe.
>>
I don't know
>>
I don't know
>>
CAN YOU REPEAT THE QUESTION
>>
you could always just use wi-fi and turn off mobile data
>>
>>319445790
can you repeat the question?
>>
>some of us don't have smart phones let alone text messaging
anon memes aside it is THE CURRENT YEAR
You can get smartphones for like $50.
Just get a fucking pay-as-you go SIM card with one and bam you're set for the next 5 years or so.
>>
>>319445790
just emulate it

I got a cheap chinese tablet and thats what i use
>>
>>319448026
Don't you still need text messaging for it too?
>>
>>319447904
Probably shitty quality phones and shitty quality cell service and would still have to deal with text data and other bullshit charges.
>>
>>319445790
>being a poorfag
>mad the world has passed you by
I bet you're black/hispanic too, aren't you? You are just terrible at making life choices.
>>
What happens if I have an issue with my phone/service and I lose my number? How easy would it be to switch numbers on Steam if I can't receive texts from my last number?
>>
>>319447904
Why? Smart phones and tablets are contributing to the cancer that is today's game industry.
>>
>>319445790
nobody cares about you third-worlder
>>
>>319448385
No white. Because I just have a flip phone (which has the better fucking battery life anyway) and refuse to be ripped off by my cell provider, and all the other ones around here I have to be punished for it? Sorry that I am smarter with my money.
>>
>>319448572
I'm American
>>
>>319448845
exactly
>>
>>319448385
/pol/, please go.
>>
>>319448936
ba dum tish
>>
>>319448664
I mean if there was a smart but still flip phone maybe I could be more interested but no American provider wants to support any of those that I know of. I'm currently on Verizon does anyone know if there's any that I can import that Verizon won't throw a bitchfit at me?
>>
What's happening? Do I have to use app or do I have to just tell them my phone number? I don't care that much anyway, it's just 3 days.
>>
USE WINAUTH YOU DUMB MONGOLOID
https://winauth.com/download/
>>
>>319449228
Well even if you tell them your number they use text messaging. Can't they come up with some kind of automated call in thing too?
>>
>>319449762
You still need fucking text messaging adding text messaging is too fucking expensive.
>>
>>319449906
YOU DON'T YOU FUCKING RETARD
>>
>>319448418
They give you a code (that you need to jot down somewhere because it's only revealed once and doesn't change) that you can use to recover your account in that scenario.
>>
>>319450024
Don't you still need to authorize the trades themselves through the phone shit?
>>
>waiting 3 days since you are too dumb to buy a $20 burner smart phone is bad
>>
>>319450903
Why should people who don't want to buy a smart phone be punished for other people's stupidity though?
>>
>>319450874
no you retard.
WinAuth is basically the SteamGuard but for PC
>>
>>319450973
because for 99% of the population having a mobile auth will reduce kiddies getting their steam account phished and making support tickets
>>
HEY valve assholes some of us don't have a pc let alone internet connection or running water
>>
>>319445790
Wifi is a thing
>>
>>319445790
>steamtraders
>>
>>319451974
>tfw less hue hue hues in tf2 trading servers
>>
>>319451486
How is this even remotely the same argument?
It's talking about stuff people were already using.

If you don't have a PC (be it windows/mac/linux) you aren't using the stream trade system anyway let alone steam itself unless you have a SteamBox and those are mostly aimed at console peasants.
>>
>>319445790
You can get a free google voice number and use that
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.