[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
your opinion on this system?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: Sega-Dreamcast-Console.jpg (28 KB, 800x388) Image search: [Google]
Sega-Dreamcast-Console.jpg
28 KB, 800x388
your opinion on this system?
>>
the controller is ass, and it sounds like the system is dying every time you start it up

that said, the library is bretty gudboth sonic adventures are hot garbage, and it had really good graphics for the time. Shenmue still looks really good
>>
>>319433528
The Dreamcast controller is basically the precursor to the Xbox controller.
>>
>>319435505
the whole system is.
>>
Didnt even know it existed as a kid.

Never saw one until i learned to into internet in my teenage years.
>>
/vr/>>>>
>>
I own one, burned CDs feels good man
>>
>>319433528
This, and it should have been released at least a year later with better specs.
>>
Waste of amazing potential.
>>
>>319433184

Where the fuck are the C and Z buttons?
Where's the second analog stick?
>>
>>319433184
I wish I could find an Ethernet adaptor for the damn thing, along with a keyboard and mouse adaptor. I wish consoles today would let you plug in a mouse and keyboard.
>>
Wouldn't have made it even if Sega had more money to work with. It was basically a super refined fifth gen system and lacked the hardware features and power to make it competitive for the remainder of the sixth gen.

Fun console with a neat place is industry history, but it was never meant to be.
>>
For the short time that it existed, the Dreamcast was pretty great.

The games it had were pretty good, with many becoming classics in fan's minds (like Sonic Adventure 1/2 and Shenmue).
>>
Shit console.
Only good for ports of Capcom games.
>>
Imagine if it came out during the fifth gen instead of the Saturn.

>All those third parties jumping the Sony ship to it

>All those games with amazing Dreamcast graphics
>>
>>319439798
yeah anon, and imagine if the PS2 came out during the 5th gen instead of the PS1

>all those third parties jumping the Sony ship to it

>all those games with amazing PS2 graphics
>>
>>319439208
Here >>319439208
Here you go. www.lukiegames.com/Ethernet-Adaptor-Gamecube-Game.html
>>
>>319433184
Loved it. Tons of arcade ports. First online console for me. Sega was the shit.
>>
Any time the Dreamcast is mentioned on here, I realize the kiddies here never played one.
>>
>>319439798
And just imagine the Xbox 360 came out during the fourth gen and crushed everybody.
>>
>>319439798
And what? It would have been more expensive than a Neo fucking Geo.
>>
>>319439785
PSO
Mdk2
Maken x
Illbleed
Blue stinger (not joking)
Star lancer
Quake arena
Unreal tournament
NFL 2k
Zombie revenge
Shenmue
Chu chu rocket
Sword of berserk
Cosmic smash
Project justice
Power stone 1 and 2
Many more, kill yourself
>>
File: 198333_50424_front.jpg (79 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
198333_50424_front.jpg
79 KB, 600x600
You had to be there to know how revolutionary it was. If you play it now, of course it'll seem outdated.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.