[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: Cities-Skylines-Cover.jpg (83 KB, 780x353) Image search: [Google]
Cities-Skylines-Cover.jpg
83 KB, 780x353
How is it?
>>
Comfy as fuck.
>>
>>319409772
Good and pretty boring at the same time.
You start out thinking "Fuck yeah, this is so much better than the new Sim City", but then you realize it's still pretty limited.
>>
>>319409772
Shitty city builder but an amazing traffic manager.
I wish the expansions focused more on fleshing out the RCI and economics instead of adding more to what's already great.
>>
>>319409772
Decent but let's be honest, people only bought it because it was the fuck you to EA. Stick with SimCity 2000.
>>
>>319411345
this, this x1000

Rad game otherwise if you're multitasking
>>
>>319409772
its pretty good but i always fail at managing the traffic
>>
comfy. Do you like managing traffic and traffic accessories?
>>
what to do after I get airport
>>
>>319409772
I like it. Takes a while getting used to the way some things work though, you will almost inevitably have to start over at least once if you want to get a half-reasonable attempt going. Traffic management is either a huge pain in the ass or really enjoyable depending on your interests.

A solid 7/10 for me.
>>
>>319412393
You have to kind of game it. You can build stuff you'd think would work well in real life, but the traffic system doesn't mirror real life so it won't work. You have to just keep at it and experiment with different solutions, eventually you'll find the way. Avoid street lights and multi-lanes most of the time.
>>
File: roadway_hierarchy.gif (22 KB, 635x369) Image search: [Google]
roadway_hierarchy.gif
22 KB, 635x369
>>319412820
hmm im out of ideas to be honest
i tried pic related but it wont work .. :D im not smart enough i guess
>>
>>319412820
>street lights
I wish the game could into green waves
>>
Finnish people greatest achievement
>>
Very good, the mods build on top of the good stuff to make it better.

You're 99% going to run into traffic problems at the start though unless you have some planning sorted first (especially with highway on/off ramps)
>>
File: 1346742142751.jpg (14 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1346742142751.jpg
14 KB, 300x400
>>319414134
>two donut trucks right next to each other
no buy, no buy!!!!!
>>
It's a thing of beauty once you get the hang of how traffic works. Intersections are your worst enemy.
>>
>>319414134
Damn, I need to play this shit now that it has night time. Supposedly you don't even need the expansion, right? I plan on buying it when it goes on sale anyway.
>>
>>319409772
very boring and repetitive. there's very little depth to it as the cities don't become much more concentrated

it's overrated by people with low standards
>>
>>319414447
Just download the free update and you'll have nighttime. It's only the added buildings and nightlife that's in the DLC.
>>
>>319414606
Do you think night time adds enough or should I just wait until the expansion again to play it again?

Also, it's been a lot of months. I think I'm gonna wipe my mods and start over. What are the essential mods nowdays?
>>
>>319414738
Dunno, I didn't get the DLC.
As for mods, get Traffic++ and some others that are most downloaded in the Workshop
>>
>>319412820
The traffic is pretty realistic. The most important difference is that cims never get into accidents. They will always go the correct way (at the moment they depart) and never collide with one another.

You just likely have a bad intuition about how traffic actually works.
>>
>>319414242
>being in favor of donut monopoly
>>
>>319416215
I disagree, in real life traffic peaks will last a few hours at different moment of the day then flush out, but in the game the time goes in such a way it never goes down because the cars are actually way too slow compared to the game speed
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.