[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fallout
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 429x343) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 429x343
At what point in Fallout 4 did you give up on roleplaying /v/?
>>
>>319405273
When i finally got my harem of cute girls
>>
When the character I was playing as was already decided for me, and was given a backstory and a family we don't spend enough time with to even pretend to give a shit about.

Alternate Start mods when?
>>
8 hours in I just realized that without skills and with such a poorly done perk chart and S.P.E.C.I.A.L system and dialogue system that role-playing as anything other than a war veteran with a dead wife and a missing son was all but impossible.
>>
>>319405468
You can actually roleplay really well as 4 different things.

>A dick with a dead wife and a missing son
>A nice guy with a dead wife and a missing son
>A guy with a dead wife and a missing son that asks a lot of questions
>A sarcastic guy with a dead wife and a missing son
>>
>>319405461
>Alternate Start mods when?
It'll take a while since most dialogue are about the baby
>>
>>319405751
It's not like some mode maker is gonna make an entire alternate story to the game.
>>
>>319405885
You underestimate the amount of free time these people have.
>>
>>319405885
There's talk about revamping all of the quest to have multiple endings or ways to complete them. It seems very doable to edit/add scripts to make for a better role playing experience even if it means to have barely any voice acting.
>>
>>319405273
I thought this was a screen shot of DR3
>>
>>319406056
>It seems very doable
Then why wasn't this done in 3, Nv, or skyrim?
>>
>>319406056
I fucking detest voiceacting
It's the cancer of modern vidya
>massively bloats budgets
>massively reduces dev possibilities and freedom
>reading is better anyhow
>>
>>319406201

Voiced protagonist or voiced-everybody?
>>
>>319406201
fuck you, sometimes voice acting is good. go back to your subs, faggot.
>>
>>319406338
Well, the more voice the worse
>>
>>319406490
Nah fuck you, watch a movie if you want to alleviate your crippling loneliness and don't ruin my vidya instead
>>
>>319405976
this is such a reddit post.
>>
>>319405273
That's an amazing Thomas roleplay you got there OP
>>
>>319406193
Skyrim does have one.
NV and 3 don't have the same dedicated people like the TES games bring out.
Hell, most NV mods were just "ports" of 3's mods
>>
its literally impossible with this game
cant choose age
every follower is aids and continuously references your backstory
"my husband was in the military" "oh wow welcome to the brotherhood of steel i guess you can skip ranks lol"
>>
>>319406597
nigger voiced games are great. Your just a winy bitch. Mass effect would of been terrible without the voice acting put in.
>>
>>319405461
Just like every other Fallout then huh?
>>
>>319406865
courier had some exception. he had a more loose background. But beyond that, your right on the nose.
>>
>>319405582
In F1 you roleplay as a vault dweller that has a very specific task.
In F2 you roleplay as a tribal fuck with a very specific task.
In F3 you roleplay as a child looking for his father.
In NV you roleplay as a courrier that got shot and wants revenge.
In F4 you roleplay as a wife looking for her son.

If you want to be whatever the fuck you want, you have to play TES, not Fallout.
>>
>>319406193
I don't think NV needs it at all.
>>
>>319405273
>roleplaying
Do people actually do this? That's kind of sad.
>>
>>319405273
The moment when the couple opened their mouths.
There is no role-playing in Fo4 on a "play-as".
>>
>>319407108
there's also being a retard, atleast for 2 of those games.
Besides that, yeah, there's no real roleplay.
>>
>>319406193
Of course it was.
>>
>>319407226
Me and a bro will make new chars and make them do very specific runs. Its all good fun, usually the char is just rolled for stats n shit. Thats my version of roleplay.
>>
I gave up on roleplaying when I noticed "SARCASTIC" was always an option in dialogue
I gave up on playing when I realized how bored I was of the gameplay
I gave up
>>
>>319407108
You don't have to be looking for revenge in NV. That's completely optional.
>>
>>319407321
ok.
Go play something you like then.
We're not all like you.
>>
Since the second I booted it up.

Default character 1
4 points in every stat
Named John Doe
Save state and reload on every charisma check.

don't worry, its not like I wasted any money on it
>>
>>319407303
To me player progression is the roleplaying part. Sure, your character may start out as veteran or a woman with a law degree but it's about how they react to the situation and how it changes them that defines them.
>>
>>319406770

>your
>would of

Opinion invalidated. Perhaps you should read more and stop listening to shitty voice actors.
>>
>>319407108
>In F4 you roleplay as a wife looking for her son.

No, you roleplay as a husband looking for his son. The female gender was to not upset the SJW crowd :^)
>>
>>319407395
>Talking back like a woman
>To someone who was just replying to the thread normally
>>
>>319407390
You get the point. I was talking about the backstory. If you want something completely open, you can't find it in a Fallout game. In TES you always start as a prisonner, nobody knows you, you just kinda appeared, and it's up to you to make backstory and future story.
>>
>>319407490
the female gender was there because there's always been both genders in Fallout and Bethesda games, what are you talking about. What's the recent obsession with "sjw"?
>>
[X] HATE ROLEPLAY
>>
>>319407471
>grammar was wrong, must be wrong
>Mass effect hurr durr is bad

k kiddo, enjoy having your head up your own ass.
>>
>>319407631
>Not realizing the absurd amount of times in Fallout 4 that Bethesda made responses and dialogue exclusively for male characters.

Try playing the fucking game before you open your mouth. Jesus.
>>
>>319407631
>recent

/v/ has been flogging this horse corpse for years, where have you been?
>>
>>319405273
I'm not a roleplaying shitter so I never started. I just play the fucking game like a normal person.
>>
>>319407714
He didn't even say anything about ME you blithering retard
>>
>>319407631
during the first gameplay preview, they revealed plenty of important changes to the gameplay
the crowd arguably cheered the loudest when Todd revealed you could also play as a woman
this leads many to assume people value a gender role more highly than features actually pertaining to gameplay
>>
I never did. I was there to become a God of the wasteland.
>>
>>319406193
Skyrim had tons of total conversions.
Fallout 3 modders were more focused on fixing the game, and the engine wasn't as malleable.
New Vegas doesn't need a quest overhaul, it already has excellent quest design (for the most part).
>>
>>319407785
Mass effect would of been terrible without the voice acting put in.

>>would of

you sure about that shitstain?

Try reading before posting kek,
>>
>>319405461
>Alternate Start mods when?
Up coming dlc, hope you bought a season pass
>>
>>319407768
>>319407826
> :^)
>>
>>319407108
>>319406865
Fallout 1 leaves the player's story completely open other than "you lived in a Vault."
Fallout 2 forces the tribal shit on you but it at least lets you determine how your character acts.
Fallout 3 is similar to Fallout 1 except it defines your backstory much more rigidly.
Fallout NV leaves your story completely open other than "you worked as a courier right before the game started and if you own Lonesome Road, for a bit longer than that." NV has the most open backstory by far.
Fallout 4 completely defines your entire backstory and leaves nothing open to the player other than whether your character is a bit of a dick or not.
>>
>>319406490
>play saints row 4
>use muscle bound tranny model
>use russian girl voice
>never understand the plot because every time the character speaks in the cutscenes I lose my shit
>enjoy the video game 100% more because laughing all the time

It definitely has its place.
>>
>>319408179
What you wrote for Fallout 4 is exactly what happens in Fallout 3. It's not "just" that you live in a vault, it's that your father was working with the BoS and Dr. Madison Le on Project Purity along with his wife. She gave birth to you, she died, and your father went across the wasteland to keep you safe. The main story is you following him out, tracking him down, helping him finish his work on project purity, and then teaming up with the BoS to take down the Enclave.

It's extremely fucking rigid. Literally the sole two instances of you being able to diverge away from the good-guy bullshit is you poisoning all the water, and blowing up the Citadel.
>>
>>319408421
I guess I undersold how much more rigid F3's story is than F1's. Yeah, a big failing was that it left almost nothing to interpretation. The game at least lets you be an evil asshole sometimes without being a genocidal psychopath unlike Fallout 4, but it still makes no sense because you grew up in vault 101 and your father was a doctor and you were generally a good kid etc.
>>
>>319408004
>ignoring him again to target his grammar

what he posted was still comprehendible, you're making yourself look stupid.
>>
>>319405273
When I got to Cambridge Station and helped them clear out the ghouls.

Marker told me to speak to Danse.

I did and refused to help him because going to Diamond City to get Piper because Fuck you Codsworth constantly moving around, blocking my view and interrupting conversations.

After I refused to help him the marker didn't update and was still on 'talk to danse' . I talked to him again and noticed that only option is to say 'yes'.

It just works.
>>
>>319405273
I started roleplaying after I finished it.
>>
>>319407826
They cheered because of the rumor that you could only play as a male.
>>
>>319408179
While I do wish Bethesa would leave the backstory open as it leaves more room for RPing you can RP as a character who has a set backstory and character. There are RPGs like the Witcher where you didn't get to make the character but ti doesn't mean it's not an RPG.

I mean it has always been like that. The first editions of DnD didn't really let you make a character. There just were three characters with already defined alignments. This summer I ran a CoC game where people were given there characters instead of making them.

It doesn't mean a game isn't an RPG is you can't make your character and their backstory. It jsut means you have less freedom to RP. Bethesda's problem is the only goo thing there games have ever had going for them is freedom (they have always been buggy, unbalanced messes of games) and lots to do and now they are removing that. That's the real issue with the set backstory, not that it doesn't make it possible to RP.
>>
>>319406672
Was going to say the same thing. Just completed the game yesterday.
>>
>>319408421
Everyone has a father though your father just happens to be Liam Neeson
In Fallout 4 your backstory is that you were either in the Army(Male) or a Lawyer(female) you also happen to have a spouse and a baby and most dialogue during the main quest revolves around MUH SHAUN
>>
>>319406865
Fallout 3 actually lets you decide what kind of person you are as well as your relationship with the other people in your childhood in the beginning, though. Birthday party, G.O.A.T. exam and escaping the Vault. Lots of character-defining options there.
>>
>>319413190
>you were either in the Army(Male) or a Lawyer(female)
does that even come into play later
the only instance i can think if is a passing, nonconsequential mention by the uss constitution
>>
>>319407932
Unless you wanted to join the legion.
>>
File: brotherhood training with Danse.png (378 KB, 650x812) Image search: [Google]
brotherhood training with Danse.png
378 KB, 650x812
>>319405273
At what point in Fallout 4 did you give into synth filth?
>>
File: 1448453903618.jpg (554 KB, 969x915) Image search: [Google]
1448453903618.jpg
554 KB, 969x915
when i set my PER to 10 and i could still hit 95% headshots across the map.
>>
File: rOvtKoL.jpg (58 KB, 499x496) Image search: [Google]
rOvtKoL.jpg
58 KB, 499x496
>thinking backstory =/= RPG
>>
>>319414020
Agreed anon but like I explained in an earlier post one of the few things Bethesa games (and some similar RPGs) have going for them is freedom. The game have never had very goo RPG systems. They've never had very balanced gameplay. Really the gameplay has always been mediocre. The games have always been buggy. The only thing they have going for them is the sheer amount of freedom, things you can do and ways you can do them. They have been stripping this freedom away bit by bit with every release when it should be the opposite. They should be able to build on what they've one before and make an even more intricate world with even more options.
>>
>>319405273
When, after exhausting all other conversation options, I am forced to make my character break down and bumble and mourn about the loss of their son, who I decided from the start of the game I wouldn't give a shit about.
>>
>>319414747
"lots to see, nothing to find." should be Bethesdas new tag line
>>
>>319413848
My PER is at 1 and I can do this with MacCready's perk.
>>
>>319405273
I forget my son is missing so I guess youre asking me when I started roleplaying.
>>
>>319406865
Fallout 1, 2 and 3 tell you our hometown and why you were sent out to leave it.

NV gave you a profession.

Fallout 4 gives you a personality, a spouse, an occupation, a child, AS WELL AS the hometown/why you left thing the others did.
>>
>>319407748
This, it was a complete after thought.

My favourite was when "Sarcastic" to that old tramp lady immediately made you flirt with her. Or the whole quest about giving the shy DJ some confidence, no-one ever pointed out that a hot girl might have other ways to do this other than apparently saving his ass in a bar fight (because that is manly as fuck).
>>
File: Bethesda games.png (492 KB, 496x700) Image search: [Google]
Bethesda games.png
492 KB, 496x700
When I realized the extremely linear opening and all subsequent main quests after forced me into a clear and predefined roll that didn't allow for immersive or fun roleplaying.

MUH HUSBAND MUH SON
>>
>>319407826
Are you retarded or just pretending? They cheered because every retard assumed you can only play as a male because of the voiced protag.

This is paranoia, seek help anon.

>>319407748
This has been the case in every one of their games you fucking retard, and gets fixed with the unnoficial patches. it's just bethesda being bethesda. try playing the games before bitching like a cum loving slut. Jesus.
>>
>>319408421
At least you get to decide what kind of person you are in it, through playing your childhood etc, even if the main quest was more linear.

The shocking thing in Fallout 4 is having no agency over who your character is.
>>
>>319414942

BUT WE PUT A CHEST FILLED WITH AMMO AND SOME SHITTY WEAPONS IN IT!!!
>>
>>319407108
>If you want to be whatever the fuck you want, you have to play TES,

>Skyrim
>Good RPG
pick one.
>>
>>319412720
difference is Witcher has a decent writing team,Bethesda can't seem to write a decent game to save their lives
>>
>>319415507
It's ok, you just have shit taste senpai. Or you don't know what a role playing game is.
>>
>>319408179
>Fallout 1 leaves the player's story completely open other than "you lived in a Vault."
>Fallout 4 completely defines your entire backstory and leaves nothing open to the player other than whether your character is a bit of a dick or not.

Really? Your entire background? Other than you fought in the war/have a law degree and you have a family there's pretty much nothing else defined for you. That's pretty much just as limiting as "you lived in a vault" because that's your entire life in one small enclosed space right there. Neither of them have much history or personality laid out for them, none of the Fallouts really do. If you can't work around the very few traits laid out for your character's main quest then you fucking suck at roleplaying.
>>
>>319415646
It also completely controls your personality and how you act to people, other than how often you make bad jokes, which is up to you.
>>
>>319415646
You are a faggot and you should learn to accept when you are wrong. Like right now, for instance.
>>
>>319413540
what you deserve for joining the LEgion
>>
>>319415560
I'm well aware of that, that was my point. The thing is if you let the player wright the story on their own, that will save your bad writing a little. Instead we get this mess of writing and some of the worst voice acting I've ever seen. I mean really the PCs ANGRY VOICE when he was yelling at Kellog had me and my housemate in stitches. He even likes the game and thinks it's good (he even admits it's because he just tries not to think about how little sense the story makes) but was laughing with me at that shit because it was truly embarrassing.

Not sure why they picked Brian T. Delaney considering he has almost no experience being in a real role and we can see now, for good reason.
>>
>>319415882
Excellent counter argument. Are you a master debater perhaps? Or a masterbater if you prefer youth vernacular?
>>
>>319405273

When I heard him speak. I get taken out of it everytime because it's in a tone that doesn't fit what I have in mind. Doesn't help that before the mod came out I had to guess what some responses where going to be.
>>
>>319415646
It's extremely hard to roleplay when the dialogue options all revolve around your character either saying something about how you are looking for your son (I sure as hell am not).

When Piper interviews you she asks what your purpose for being in Diamond City is
>Don't answer, you heard wrong
"Come on, you said you were looking for someone. Who is it?"
>Family
"Who specifically?"
>Am now forced to pick the "BAAAAAAAAAAW THEY TOOK MY SON SHAAAAAAAUN." option

I wanted to not care about the son, and that option should have been available for me during the main story.
>>
>>319416102
Same. In New Vegas for example you can say "I don't care who shot me" an stop looking for him. You can go work for the NCR or the Legion or Mr. House (which will require you to kill Benny but not out of revenge but out of moving House's plan forward).

I felt forced to care about the bug eyed potato whose stomach I rubbed once in the beginning. Like how am I supposed to care about "my son" when he's not even a character before I loose him. He's a prop.
>>
>MC can't comprehend that their spouse being shot and son kidnapped could have happened anywhere between 2077 and 2287

>"He...He's less than a year old"
>>
i stopped playing fallout 4 and started playing dark souls again, an actual good game
>>
>>319416347
I was having fun with Fallout 4 then the Blooborne DLC came out and I remembered that games are supposed to actually have gameplay.
>>
I simply don't understand why people think the game's failings within the realm of roleplaying lie within the backstory. Specifying your character's past job restricts it a bit (the male character can't be a scrawny nerd and the female char can't be a blubbering neanderthal for example; not without reaching really far anyway), but that's it. It isn't really much backstory, especially not when compared to FO2 and FO3.

The reason the game restricts roleplaying capabilities isn't because of what path it sets you on, it's because your character is CONSTANTLY talking about that path. Every other fucking dialogue scene during the main quest is MUH KID GRRRRRRRR and it's fucking tiring.

The voiced protag doesn't help either.
>>
>>319407774
I'm not hating on roleplayers, but I've never actually played the role of a specific character in my head when playing a game.
Do people actually do that? Again, not making a criticism, it would just feel strange to me
>>
>>319415943
>YOU MURDERING PSYCHOPATH! GIVE MEE SHAUN! NYEOW!
>>
>>319405273
When I realized I have no imagination or creativity so I needed the developer to do it for me.
>>
>>319405273
When it didn't even give me the chance to in the first place.
>>
>want to play as a doctor or scientist
>stuck as a war vet or lawyer
>forced to engage in combat all of the time

It also doesn't help that they removed skills. I loved how in New Vegas a ton of dialogue options got skills and your special involved. Now it means nothing.
>>
>>319416075
This.

It's 10x worse for the female one too, at least the male actor has a monotone, the woman VA is really friendly and bubbly all the time, she never stops playing the nice housewife.
>>
>>319415646
>Other than you fought in the war/have a law degree and you have a family there's pretty much nothing else defined for you.
Except my character has a pre-defined speech/personality, goals, motivations and feelings for venturing out into the wastelands.
I don't give a damn about my nigger son but my character does so fuck me while I'm forced to watch him BAAAWWW about how bad people "took my family away".
It could have been fine if they played the "MC never actually liked being a family man and wanted to be free" card, but they didn't.
You're forced to either be family man or distressed mom, no other character allowed, which is a huge step back from any previous game, even FO3 (which to the very least allowed you to define your childhood).
>>
>>319416827
You do know there are doctors and scientists in the military, right?
>>
>>319405273
Pretty early on. The fact that my go-to roleplay character (which is a generic as fuck silver tongued rogue with a mercurial heart of gold) is impossible to really play made it quite clear that there was very little RP in this RPG.
>>
>>319416937
I was playing the lawyer.
>>
I tried to be a door gunner on a vertibird mowing down synths for the brotherhood.

If they run they're a synth. If they stand still they're a well made synth.

Too bad the pilot always flies on the wrong side, can't circle, won't let me swap sides, minigun is shit
>>
>>319416503
i just get tired of the carry weight, it's dumb that i have to go back every 5 seconds

like the whole game is unrealistic, why not just make it unlimited carry weight or at least much higher carry weight, it's not like it makes any sense to begin with

according to this game, i could carry 150 brooms without being overencumbered
>>
>>319417041
And? Maybe if you ever had a career in your life you'd understand people can change them.
>>
>>319417171

There is a mod that get of the carry weight
>>
There are RPG elements in the game, but just less. I have completed multiple quests with multiple choices.

Why people are calling this game a pure shooter? You have many choices to make in the game but they just less compared to New Vegas, that doesn't mean Fallout 4 isn't a rpg at all.

I completed the main playthrough at 96 hour mark.
>>
>>319417505
>There are RPG elements in the game, but just less. I have completed multiple quests with multiple choices.
Name them.
>>
>>319417426
i don't waste my time modding, if the game isn't good when i turn it on i will turn on another game that's good
>>
File: 1415231187191.png (53 KB, 590x618) Image search: [Google]
1415231187191.png
53 KB, 590x618
>>319405273
>pre-war army veteran/lawyer from a suburban utopia
>rigid unabandonable "muh baby" motivation
>settlers squatting in Sanctuary and power armor thrown at you after barely having emerged from the vault
>aggressive reply
>diplomatic doormat reply
>sarcastic/haggling jew reply
>Normie No-lore reply to be spoonfed patronizing infodumps

The dream a butter-wouldn't-melt 50s housewife reinventing themselves into a degenerate jet-addicted cannibal slut is dead.

I can't even fuck a robot without slipping them into a real doll body first because Bethesda probably finds that shit too "icky" or whatever
>>
I stopped playing all together.

The dialog is just yes, pointless question, no.

I'd put in for a refund if I hadn't spent 40 hours trying desperately to like the game, won't be buying DLC for this one, might just uninstal it.
>>
>>319417505
Oh yeah what quests and how did the choices affect the game world?
inb4 main story end choice
>>
If you can't roleplay unless there is dialogue options. You're shit at Roleplay
>>
>>319417767
>buying the game
What
>>
>>319407390
>You don't have to find the water chip
>You don't have to find your father
>You don't have to find your son

That's completely optional!
>>
>>319417589
You can literally use console commands to make your carry weight unreasonably high if you're going to be a fucking casualtard.
>>
>>319417935
no thanks, i'll just play something else that isn't shit
>>
File: Fallout 4.jpg (115 KB, 1313x297) Image search: [Google]
Fallout 4.jpg
115 KB, 1313x297
>>
>>319417767
>fo4 is so fucking bad ugh right /v/?
>yeah i played for 40 hours
>n-no, not because i enjoy it
>i just played for 40 hours because i wanted to enjoy it!
>>
>>319418042
It should be "her husband" but otherwise 10/10
>>
>>319417813
If you can't reflect your role into the game then you're not "playing" at all, everything stands only inside your head, not the game.
>>
File: 1444933657530.png (77 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1444933657530.png
77 KB, 250x250
>>319408179
Actually Lonesome Road has lots of dialogue options to say that the Courier wasn't there and that Ulysses is just crazy.
I always liked the options to expand what the Courier knows, even if it is a bit inconsistent.
>>
>>319418252
A good game reflects the role you're playing through gameplay mechanics, not flavor text
>>
>>319417851
But you have to find your son. My character doesn't stop fucking talking about it, all the major quests revolve around it, even the entire enemy organization is centered on it.
>>
>>319418252
Then don't talk to anyone, roleplay as a mute autist, although in your case that's not even roleplaying.
>>
>>319418340
Exactly, this is what I'm saying.
>>
>>319418524
I accept your apology.
>>
>>319407578
That's not comparable at all. In the previous Fallouts you have a task, yes, but your backstory is vague enough for you to interpret your character however you want. In Fallout 4 though you have to be a married man/woman who loves his/her spouse, you have to care about your son, and you basically already have a personality. If you're a guy you talk about shit like your experience in war
>>
>>319418046
I restarted multiple times trying to get into the game, the combat was always pretty shit in Fallout ganes but the role playing aspect more than made up for it, now there's zero role playing aspect.

So it's just awful combat, 3000 boring raider camps, dialog with a placebo option and shit outfits I had to mod to be remotely intresing.

And on top of that it preformed like shit, and I have a very powerful set up.

The guns were terrible too, 5000 variables of pipe guns, short shot guns, short hunting rifles and the odd piss weak .50 rifle.

I've got over 30 mods installed due to trying my hardest to make the game good.

Easily the biggest let down of the year.
>>
>>319418590
almost all armor/clothes reskins are black colored. kek.
WE WUZ ROLE PLAYAN AND SHIIIIIIETZZZ
>>
>>319418046
i got my first 10 hours by trying to figure how to get it start until steam redownloaded it again... really love that the starting process is 15 minutes added to game time
>>
>>319417542
Do you seriously want me to name all of them? Here is what I remember.

>The first Nick Valentine and Elie Perkins Quest at the vault, you can choose to kill the leader or negotiate with him.

>The Triggerman quest.

>Pickman quest- You can either spare him or kill him.

>Bobby-no-nose- You can betray her or either convince her to give up. Or betray Fahrenheit.

>Choosing between Institute and Brotherhood

>Vault 81 quest- keeping the cure for yourself, sharing it or giving the cure.

>Museum of Witchcraft mission- you can choose to either return the egg for a unique weapon or sell it to raiders

>Jack Cabot mission - Side with him or his father.

I am pretty sure there are more quests where you can make choices, I just don't remember. There are multiple missions where your choice matters. Fallout 4 is an RPG, just lesser compared to New Vegas.
>>
>>319418569
lol?
>>
>>319418590
So you've played for 40 hours and restarted multiple times? Based on that and the fact that you call the guns terrible citing the classic "it's all pipe weapons bro!" shit I'd guess you didn't get a single character past maybe level 20.

But whatever, if you don't like the game you don't like the game. I find the combat engaging, the loot superior to any Fallout game to date, and the world to be very well crafted, detailed, and fun to explore. The pros outweigh the cons and the overall experience is a positive one that keeps me coming back.
>>
>>319418897
so mostly two choices? brava bethesda.
>>
just started fallout 1 and a woman told me to holster my gun, how do i holster my gun? been trying out pretty much every red button i can see
>>
>>319418995
Underage.
>>
Can you roleplay as anything but a guy looking for a water chip in fo1? How about as anything other than that guys descendant looking for weed seeds in 2?

Can you roleplay as anything other than a mailman in nv?

In vampire, why do i have to play as a sexhaver who got bit in the neck and taught how to fight by bender?
>>
>>319418995
loot and shit okay but how the fuck was ANY combat in fallout as a series engaging?
>>
>>319419030
Did New Vegas had quests where you can could make more than 2 choices? I am asking seriously, I played the game long time ago, can't recall all the quests.
>>
File: 1411282876461.png (9 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
1411282876461.png
9 KB, 500x501
>>319419193
>>
>>319418897
>>The first Nick Valentine and Elie Perkins Quest at the vault, you can choose to kill the leader or negotiate with him.
Played that one, no consequence whatsoever. Hell it doesn't even matter if you make him turn against the chick or just "spare you", both times she leaves him anyway.
>>Pickman quest- You can either spare him or kill him.
With no consequence. In fact you can't even choose to side with the guys attacking him and you're forced to play along with the bloody psycho killer.
>>Vault 81 quest- keeping the cure for yourself or giving the cure.
Either you get rewarded handsomely or get a useless junk worth 400caps and -10hp debuff.
Is that supposed to be a choice?
>>
>>319405976
Not a single one of them change the main story subtantially, not in morrowind, not in oblivion, faoout 3, new vegas, skyrim. Never.
>>
>>319419294
>what is the main quest
>>
>>319419345
Its not bait. The fact thar you have a backstory isnt what makes fo4 bad for roleplaying purposes. You have a backstory in almost any crpg
>>
>>319405582
HATE DEAD SON
>>
>>319419191
>everyone who likes fallout 4 is underage
>12 million units sold in one week

That's a lot of underage.

>>319419207
Because I don't play on babby difficulty modes. I set it on survival and upped the stakes to me more akin to STALKER. Combat is actually cover based now, and the cover mechanic is a nice addition itself.
>>
>>319418995
>and the world to be very well crafted, detailed, and fun to explore
>>
File: 1380386974426.png (40 KB, 624x624) Image search: [Google]
1380386974426.png
40 KB, 624x624
>>319419436
if you're serious then you're fucking retarded
>>
>>319419436
Having a backstory and having an already pre-defined character with preset personality and main goals are two entirely different worlds anon.

Sorry for biting.
>>
>>319406056
It isnt doable.
Nobody has ever done this. Overhaul and adding total outside feature like base building in f3, nv, skyrim or even total conversion is easier than this.
>>
File: 1414033144286.png (84 KB, 640x852) Image search: [Google]
1414033144286.png
84 KB, 640x852
>>319419515
>quote person via greentext and accompany with reaction image
>>
>>319406201
Read hard game want no book
>>
>>319405273
When I got a powerarmor 2 minutes into the game
>>
>>319419294
yes. boulder city, fate of bos, fate of khans etc. most companion quests have only two solutions tho. but they actually matter and change their abilities, end story and sometimes looks. f4 companion quests do nothing but increase their affection to you and honestly their perks are shit.
>no ending slides for companions
>literally same slides for every ending.
man f4 deserved zero awards.
>>
>>319405751
they should have named it fallout: other m
>>
>>319418046

And if he played for 6 hours, you'd say he didn't give the game a fair chance. What's the point? Game is soulless and dead, even for a Bethesda game, nothing can change how barren the game world is. Mods won't fix anything other than add regurgitated shit for people's obsession with poorly animated nude sex when irl porn exists. The only reason FO4 is successful is on marketing and brand recognition alone. Even reddit acknowledges the game as lackluster.

>>319407578

People never really looked for 'openness' in role-playing. What most people mean by that is they want a game world that gives you a lot of options and tries its best to react to every single option and alter the game world when you make decisions. In NV, from the start, Doc Mitchell commented on your SPECIAL stats from the beginning. Stuff like that validates the player's decision and provides the basis for an interesting game. In F1/2, there were a TON of CHR checks, INT checks, skill checks. In New Vegas there were plenty of those too. Even in FO3, there were at least SOME fucking skill/special checks. In Fo4, it just throws everything out the window and refuses to acknowledge your character as being anything else but a 100% loving father.mother. There's only ONE special check that I know of, everything else is inconsequential. If you're not interested in changing the game world and seeing your choices reflect on it, then yeah you'd be better off playing Skyrim/FO4. But the two are more like sandbox RPGs rather than actual role-playing games. Which deviates heavily from the source material.
>>
>>319419497
>That's a lot of underage.
there're 60 million people in the usa who are under the age of 15
>>
>there are people in this thread who actually thing fallout 4 is good.

Yuck.
>>
>>319419112
anyone? she won't talk to me until i holster my weapon
>>
>>319405273
Pretty much straight from the beginning when I realized the coolest clothes have the worst stats.
>>
>>319419713
>Game is soulless and dead, even for a Bethesda game, nothing can change how barren the game world is.

Inaccurate.

>Mods won't fix anything other than add regurgitated shit for people's obsession with poorly animated nude sex when irl porn exists.

What reason do you even have to believe this when literally every Beth game has had incredible modding communities?

>The only reason FO4 is successful is on marketing and brand recognition alone. Even reddit acknowledges the game as lackluster.

Reddit acknowledges its flaws but the consensus is nothing like /v/'s blind hate train.

>>319419869
Exhibit a.
>>
>>319419349

To bestheda, it is

The worst part about the Elie Perkins quest is that you can just throw a grenade when they are all talking, the enemies will completely ignore the grenade and allow themselves to get blown up.
>>
>>319419497
uhm no not the difficulty i mean... well you compare it to stalker so whatever dude enjoy your game
>>
>>319419584
all fallout give you characters with backstory and a main goal. NV's are the most vague and the main quest is the most uninvolving (going after some rich guy after getting captured and shot in the head by him? meanwhile living in a society where power and wealth are above moral and law for the most part? no thanks) F 1 2 3 even railroad player into a confrontation with the overseer/master/enclave.
Not to say f4 is great in roleplaying but along with nv it offer the most branch in the main quest.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Nagor
>>
fucking lolling @ you autists.

half of you are complaining about things solved by mods like dialogue wheel. There's like 5 mods to change it in numerous ways.

The rest of the complaints are just false and made up.

It's like you expect videogames to be equal to or greater than reality.

OH NO! a 55€ game I bought isn't literally sucking my dick.

It's an awesome game, it's fun, challenging (survival) and the grafix are next level for Fallout.

Yes the roleplaying is gimped and choices of alliances are not free.
We all want a F1/2 system with modern graphix.
>>
>>319405273
When the game didn't impose limits on me like a good DM would.
New Vegas was excellent for it.

Fallout 4 is such shit, but at least exploring is mildly entertaining even with the FUCKING RANDOMLY GENERATED LOOT.
That shit needs to stop.
>>
>>319408421
>>319415646
yes it impacts that much

when I enter a conversation and 3/4 answers are "looking for my son" and one is "looking to avenge my spouse" it sets much more than even earlier fallouts

it would be like getting out of helgen caves, going to markarth and telling the guard "I need to defeat alduin", "hate dragons" "dragons must be killed fast" and "what do you know about killing dragons"
>>
>>319412251
>do the quest
>get back to the station
>danse talks to me about bos

oh he's going to fucking draft me now

>first you have to agree to the rules, swear to me and you will start at the bottom

holy fuck did they improve it? will it be properly done?

>say no

>oh you will change your mind

>get back later

>can only say yes with 3 other options

>oh great, you're in, now I already petitioned to make you a knight effective immediately

wtf
>>
>Pirate game
>Still felt ripped off at how shitty it was
I was hoping the combat would at least be better. Even on the hardest difficulty its easy as shit and the hitboxes are broken as fuck.
>>
>>319420436
>when I enter a conversation and 3/4 answers are "looking for my son" and one is "looking to avenge my spouse"
you mean main quest conversations? when you refuse to say "no" to the only people who can help you? what do you want? an option to "FIND MUH SHAUN OR I BLOW YOUR BRAIN OFF" or Heavy Shaun?
>>
>>319420072
>well you namedropped this /v/ approved game so we're cool

Seriously though, I'm not gonna pretend the gunplay in this game is on par with Metro or STALKER or basically any other dedicated fps game but it's entirely functional mechanically and difficulty-wise is not the braindead slog that people make it out to be if you don't mind cranking enemy damage up. It's an artificial way to compensate for mediocre AI pathing but it does the job. At least enemy AI is good at lobbing grenades.

>>319420606
There are plenty of mods that can make survival even harder for non shitters. Mine is 1x damage out and 3x in. Also the enemy hitboxes are very good, what are you talking about? The collision detection on some geometry can be finicky though, which is annoying because sometimes a shot will go through the narrowest of holes and other times I'll shoot an invisible wall.
>>
>>319420589
>can only say yes with 3 other options
the 4th options are just not highlighted. and you can cancel conversation anytime by pressing S. if you follow other faction, you will reach a point where you cant join anymore.
>>
>>319419943

>Inaccurate.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_4_quests

Game has 140 quests. At least a quarter of them are Radiant/repeatables. Look at the locations where these quests start and compare with the # of locations in the wasteland. There is nothing to do. Putting your hands over your ears and screaming won't change the fact that the game has no content.

>What reason do you even have to believe this when literally every Beth game has had incredible modding communities?

How can you add standalone mods with content when you have to deal with a voiceless Nora/Nate. What's the point of alternate starts when every single part of the main storyline revolves around finding your kid from an organization that takes him while you're in cryo sleep. You can't just avoid these dialogue options and coming up mods to 'fix' the shitty main story isn't exactly appealing. Less so when Bethesda is keen on monetizing it.

>Reddit acknowledges its flaws but the consensus is nothing like /v/'s blind hate train.

The fact that Reddit the hugbox has people brave enough to call it shitty should probably be enough to tip you off that maybe its a medicore game in general.
>>
when I told the newspaper bitch to fuck off but was still railroaded into joining her for the main quest
>>
>>319420787
>Wanting more NV non-gameplay quests of walking to an NPC and passing a speech check
>>
>>319420847
> railroaded into joining her for the main quest
you just have to meet her one time with nick you know.
>>
>>319420906
>speech

f4 didn't even have speech checks let alone all other checks
>>
>>319420847
Fucking what? I went the whole game without speaking to her aside from entering faggot city.

>You owe me an interview
Suuuure I do
>Do you want me to go with you to memory den?
Nope
>>
>>319418995
I don't like the weapon crafting or the weapons at all, it feels like they have magic in them, as in some mage put a spell on piece of gun to make the bullets hurt gouls more, it doesn't make sense, how can a rocket luncher have poison efect? is not that the rockets are poisonous, the rocket luncher is.

Also there's no unique weapons anymore, just weapons with mods, it feels so fake having to read 7 or 8 variations of "improved" or "boosted" before my gun's name.
>>
>>319421003
That did piss me off a bit. All the checks were solely on charisma.

The closest thing to an intelligence check, was repairing things on that shitty 9/11 boat.
>>
>>319420787
>The fact that Reddit the hugbox has people brave enough to call it shitty
have you ever been there?
they will call some aspect of their game shitty if it deviate from the last game and still gobble up the sequel and dlcs.
ds2 vs ds1 for example.
>>
>>319420908
your point?
>>
the combat was extreme ezmodo until you find a super duper enemy that'll wreck your shit in two shots, even with power armour, and absorb 2 minigun mags.
did anyone seriously beat the deathclaw at the start without standing out of reach and shooting from behind cover it couldn't get to?

I pretty much gave up RPing when I realized it was an action game, and when I noticed that saying any reply meant "yes" or "not right now"
>>
File: noice.png (8 KB, 235x214) Image search: [Google]
noice.png
8 KB, 235x214
>>319420787

>http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_4_quests

Game has 140 quests. At least a quarter of them are Radiant/repeatables. Look at the locations where these quests start and compare with the # of locations in the wasteland. There is nothing to do. Putting your hands over your ears and screaming won't change the fact that the game has no content.

>THE GAME HAS NO CONTENT

This is quality bait. Calling that the biggest and longest Fallout game has no content.

It is twice as longer as Fallout New Vegas and 3.

>How can you add standalone mods with content when you have to deal with a voiceless Nora/Nate. What's the point of alternate starts when every single part of the main storyline revolves around finding your kid from an organization that takes him while you're in cryo sleep. You can't just avoid these dialogue options and coming up mods to 'fix' the shitty main story isn't exactly appealing. Less so when Bethesda is keen on monetizing it.

This is not an Elder Scrolls game you tard.
>>
>>319421215
That she is a non important npc that can be brushed aside.
Do you get mad when they railroaded you into meeting benny as well? and force you to go to nv with an u-turn? inb4 muh stealthboi, muh sneak. Those require meta knowledge or a really stubborn player and get lucky with the ai.
>>
>>319407826
are you saying the dev team had to choose between a female character option and other gameplay features? lol
>>
>>319421123
There are unique weapons(sort of). Any unusually named weapon the game hands you is unique, HOWEVER; there's a chance of finding a legendary weapon with the exact same ability.
>>
>>319420906

Oh yeah. I love FO4's many different ways of telling me to go somewhere and do something nearly identical to a Radiant mission with the Minutemen.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Jackpot_missions
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Lost_Soul_Missionshttp://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/To_the_Mattresses_Missionshttp://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Weathervane_Missionshttp://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Feeding_the_Troopshttp://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Leading_by_Examplehttp://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Quartermasteryhttp://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Pest_Controlhttp://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Hypothesis

And so much more. I also love that no matter how many you do, you'll still be the bottom bitch.
>>
I started enjoying the game a lot more when I stopped playing my high charisma sneak character after my save corrupted and went along with the pre established story for my character and shacked up with the Brotherhood, facerolling everything in power armor and laser weapons.

It's not as easy to roleplay in a general sense of making wacky characters with narrow skillsets, but if you pick a role that the systems reinforce like someone dedicated to a single faction or some kind of wasteland trader/civic leader it's not so bad.

I think with the mods that will come out in future the game will become a pretty entertaining wasteland simulator.
>>
>>319421528
>I also love that no matter how many you do, you'll still be the bottom bitch.
so, just like any other fallout game. where people tell you where to go and you pass an intimidation check to feel "I'M IN CHARGE NOW"?
>>
File: ScreenShot189.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot189.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>319421569
I really fell in love with being the general of the Minute Men
>>
>>319419872
Just swap the weapon slot with the second one without any weapon on.
>>
>>319420906
Yes, because that gives me an option.
All Fallout 4 consists of is "go here, kill everything"
Even the fucking main quest line is nothing, but that.
>>
>>319420787
>Game has 140 quests.
>game has no content

Pick literally one. FO3's base game had 49 quests. Even accounting for all the radiant quests, FO4 is brimming with content as far as quests go.

And the game map is literally the densest of any Bethesda or Fallout game so far.

>How can you add standalone mods with content when you have to deal with a voiceless Nora/Nate.

People already found a mod that removes the player character's voice and it's extremely widely used. Modders will have no qualms making content-adding mods because there is an audience for them.

>What's the point of alternate starts when every single part of the main storyline revolves around finding your kid from an organization that takes him while you're in cryo sleep.

>implying you need to do the main quest

>The fact that Reddit the hugbox has people brave enough to call it shitty should probably be enough to tip you off that maybe its a medicore game in general.

Reddit is not the hugbox you think it is. Even /r/gaming will eventually stop circlejerking over the most acclaimed of games and begin criticizing it after a certain amount of time.

>>319421123
There are plenty of unique named weapons though.

And yeah some legendary gun effects are literally magic which is somewhat silly but it makes looting much more interesting regardless.
>>
>>319419872
move it into your inventory.
>>
File: r4.jpg (17 KB, 255x130) Image search: [Google]
r4.jpg
17 KB, 255x130
>The game has no content
>>
>>319420656
As the player, what the fuck is my motivation for finding Shawn.
There's no connection made.
It's a slog and heavy handed back stories are fucking shit.
>>
>>319421717
thanks
>>
>>319421569
More like because the game focus too much on the action aspect. And all factions are at each other's throat outsie minutemen.
>>
>>319421803
The game has a lot of content, you just better be okay with it being shooting things in dungeons.
>>
>>319405273
when you have to get curie a disgusting uncanny valley body to fug her
>>
>>319421827
as the player, while do i have to care about the vault that threw me out, the tribe that force me into a dungeon for muh test and can lead to my death on foreign land? They dont even send a single person to help me. And isnt there a revolver on your table in the cutscene, old woman? Why must I care about muh revenge agaist a guy much more influential and richer than me?
>>
File: GUYS.png (7 KB, 250x242) Image search: [Google]
GUYS.png
7 KB, 250x242
>>319405273
I'm on my second character.

>My first was a Veteran who married a lawyer but got frozen in a vault, and his son was stolen and his wife was killed.

>My second was a war scarred vet who never learned to cope with normal life again, and when the bombs fell, his wife and child, who he felt nothing for, we're taken from him, and q When the brotherhood presented him with an opportunity to rejoin a militant type establishment, he was able to sink back into a military position of wanting to destroy those which oppose his establishment. In the process, he finds his son, and ends up killing him for what he has become, and what he has created.

It's not even hard to RP in this game
>>
>>319421423
>>319421752

Nah dude. If you really can't look over those quests and see the amount of repeatable shit there is, then you're just lying to yourself. If you've played the game, you'd realize most of these 'quests' are thinly veiled radiant quests where you go somewhre, find a body or whatever, go back with the data. Go here, kill the thing that's also in there [Optional: get data/tissuesample/technology], come back. That's not anywhere close to what people want. If you want to waste your time doing repeatables, then play an MMO. It's about as much fun . I can't fathom how people like you would think killing the same enemies over and over again in a slightly different location, maybe even the same location because lolrespawns, would be fun.

>>319421752

Shooting ghouls/mutants/raiders/gunners in varied locations such as a trainyard, a house, underground, highway doesn't make it full of content. Game map density doesn't mean anything when 80% of it is completely unused for quest content. What's the point of that underground bunker next to Virgil's cave. Can we do anything with the Children of Atom? Can we do anything with the Gunner's home base? If its just there with a Terminal explaining a back story and two teddybears in a funny position, its not anything worth seeing in the first place.

If FO4 comes out with good mods in like 1-2 years, I'd be impressed. Who knows. But I doubt it.
>>
>>319421752
mod will fix legendaries.
turn them into bullets or some other silly shit like belf-fed bolt action rifles. and hopefully remove nocturnal effect
todd will just add more wacky shit into his game.
alternatively http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4515/?
>>
>>319405273
when the first dumb faggot i met and tried to kill was unkillable
then he got back up 5 seconds later and killed me
>>
>>319422327
I'm the same deal except my second character is just a sarcastic little prick who never stops wearing patrolman sunglasses
>>
>>319421803
>Make a building
>Fill it with raiders
>Content!
>>
File: ss+(2015-11-18+at+11.08.22).jpg (368 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-11-18+at+11.08.22).jpg
368 KB, 1440x900
>>319420656
>You are going to have 4 choices
>>
>>319422704
>Make content
>It's not content because random Anon says so
>>
People need to realize the rpg core of the game was downgraded because of the voiced protagonist.

The overall dialogues, choices, information you can ask from a npc, etc are severely reduced to merely 4 options because of the voice acting/ animated main-character's mouth. You have to sacrifice some things for others.

What are your peoples' opinion on the voiced main character? Is is an overall good feature or a bad? It looks cool and immersive but they are sacrificing the overall dialogue lines for that. I hope they don't add voiced races in their next Elder Scrolls game.
>>
File: fo4.jpg (873 KB, 3326x3324) Image search: [Google]
fo4.jpg
873 KB, 3326x3324
>>319422365
>If you really can't look over those quests and see the amount of repeatable shit there is, then you're just lying to yourself.

No. YOU'RE lying to yourself. You said it yourself, maybe a quarter of those quests are repeatable.

If you add the main quest, non faction quests, every main quest from each faction, and the companion quests, you get 94 unique quests. And some of the side quests from each faction are, in fact, not radiant, but I'm too lazy to count all of them so let's lowball it and say 100 unique quests.

Admit it dude, you talked out of your ass and now you're facing numbers you don't like dead in the fucking eyes. This game has plenty of quests.

And if someone DOES like radiant quests, all the better. They're effective ways to string the player along and explore a location they haven't been to before and give extra exp to boot. The radiant quests in this game would be a problem if they outnumbered the unique quests but it's over a 3:1 ratio of unique quests to radiant quests so they're innocuous at the very worst.

As for your second paragraph, I'm partially in agreement that the locations could have used more fleshing out as many of them are shootouts or packed with containers to loot and nothing more. But that doesn't mean there's a lack of interesting locations in the game. And if you think that just because there isn't a quest/lore tied to a location that it isn't content, see >>319422823

Is it lazy game design? Sure, maybe. Is it wasted potential? For sure. It is worth criticizing? Definitely. Is it objectively not content? Not at all.
>>
>>319422823

You should play a f2p mmo. I think you'd have fun.

>>319422414

First DLC is coming in Janurary yeah? I want, better Weapon mod system, better settlement system, and I want the main story quest line to disappear. As in, remove all dialogues/voice and anything remotely related to it. Add RP factions like caravans/raiders/gunners. And some minor content and let me be comfy returning to Home Base when I'm done making lods of caps.
>>
File: muh choices.jpg (481 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
muh choices.jpg
481 KB, 640x480
>>319422713
>implying
>>
>>319422327
Same here. A rabidly loyal Brotherhood drone is a pretty fun way to play.
>>
>>319409830
>Comprehendible
I can see why you illiterate fucks need voice actors
>>
>>319423090
Implying what
>>
File: See_I_knew_you_d_get_over_her.jpg (54 KB, 430x269) Image search: [Google]
See_I_knew_you_d_get_over_her.jpg
54 KB, 430x269
>try to make a gruff but overall good guy
>VA sounds meek as fuck anytime I'm not being a dick

Thanks Todd
>>
>want to make an Institute dude who wears synth armor and kills anyone unfriendly to it
>can't contact the Institute before 1/2 game done
>must kill Kellog's rice crispies
>must kill Courser
>must be friendly with the opposers of the Institute to progress
>none of your dialogue options matter, since they all lead to the same outcome

Yeah, fuck you too Todd.
>>
>>319422651

I'm thinking my next is gonna be a pre-war scientist who is fascinated with the Institute, and their synthetic people. Or something along that line.
>>
>>319423045
THIS FUCKING MAP IS LOVE
>>
>>319423158
implying fo games give you more than 4 real choices without being Snake each encounters. They want to maintain the illlusion of choices by giving you 4 options, just let them.
Daily reminder fo4 and nv let you fuck ghouls, fo 1 2 3 dont.
>>
File: Jroc.jpg (12 KB, 240x283) Image search: [Google]
Jroc.jpg
12 KB, 240x283
Fallout 1 -
You lived in a vault and need to get a waterchip

Fallout 2 -
You are part of a tribe, you are someone's niece or nephew, you need to get a geck

Fallout 3 -
You lived in a vault, you are someone's son or daughter, you need to find your dad

Fallout NV -
You were a courier, you want to find who shot you

Fallout 4 -
You lived in pre war America then a vault, you were married, you were a family man or woman, you were a lawyer or a veteran, you were a father or a mother, you want to find your son and take vengeance on your spouses murderers.
>>
>>319423485
I don't want to let them specially when 3 of those options are the same and the other one is a question than returns to the same dialogue tree as before, it doesn't even open new dialogues, NV didn't do that and if it did it was less obvious, even Fallout 3 didn't do that
>>
>>319423591
FO4 seems pretty deep when you put it like that
>>
>>319423664
> NV didn't do that
lmao. 80% nv conversations are like that. can you ask easy pete to fuck you for the dynamite? can you threaten him to give you tnt instead of showing how good you are with one?
>>
>>319423485
fo4 screenshot you responded to literally had one option that was "i'm interested" but since it's not highlighted i'm assuming that it was a dud option, the other 3 could have just been replaced with a 'no'
>>
>>319423591
alternatively.
FO4: You lived in pre war America then a vault, you were married, you were a family man or woman, you were a lawyer or a veteran, you were a father or a mother. You liked tabletop game specifically the w40k ones. Your infantry life is actually just for kick. When offered a position in the bos, you join because why not and purge your heretic race traitor son as soon as you met.
>>
>>319424010
>They want to maintain the illlusion of choices by giving you 4 options
>>
File: ss+(2015-11-18+at+11.41.50).jpg (160 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-11-18+at+11.41.50).jpg
160 KB, 1440x900
>>319423815
>Thats the same as the answers of your dialogue choices being, My wife is dead, Somebody killed my wife, I lost somebody important, and all of those go to the same ending argument that ends on the conversation closing and not earning anything.
You are grasping at straws now

>>319424010
That option that wasn't highlighted it's one of those questions that return to the dialogue tree from were it came from so you are forced to pick one of the other three same options
>>
>>319423045

It's not good content. Simple as that. You're not convincing me that those loaaaads of unique quests were anything worth remembering. I only remember the assault on Bunker Hill and the first time I met robo-Shaun, Yangtze, Bobbi-no nose, Silver shroud, and the mission with the stuttering radio host. These are the only missions I remember, if only because they managed to slightly break the monotony of go here kill this.

The Radiant quests aren't good though. You realize they're going to stuff this shit everywhere until we don't have any sidequests and we just have the main story quest line followed by 90 radiant quests. The sidequests in Fo4 are hardly quests in the first place, rather than thinly veiled go here kill this. There's no one to talk to, no way of doing a quest differently, no way of making an impact out of genociding the local area.

If you want the debate the semantics of what's defined as content, fine. There's content. But 10% of it is what I would consider good.

>>319423591

Again, it's seeing the game world react to your choices in SPECIAL, skills, and decisions. Your background was never really totally free and there's no real RPG that can be called truly free, even sandbox RPGs. It's like coming into a TES game and asking, why can't I roleplay a Space Marine. It's a stupid argument, stop using it. The main issue is that FO4 never responds to your character's SPECIAL outside of one instance on a boat. Or your 'perks' for that matter.
>>
File: ss+(2015-02-24+at+10.37.35).jpg (23 KB, 600x420) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-02-24+at+10.37.35).jpg
23 KB, 600x420
>>319424369
>It's not good content.
>10% of it is what I would consider good.

That
sounds
an
opinion,
anon.
>>
>>319424319
And for the note that last option also closes the dialogue and the ghoul doesn't give you anything so it's the same as the rest.
>>
The game isn't bad. The game does lots of things correct, power armor, aside from Fusion Cores, are done in a beautiful way and are the best they've ever been. Radiation is actually a factor now, and isn't just some dumbest "hurr you're sick".

The Role playing is bad.

The fact that they gave us a preset past, before the vault, and the game forces you to focus on your son, is probably the worst thing they've ever done.

The story is not written bad. However, the fact that your choices do not influence the story, aside from faction decisions, is bad.
>>
>>319424319
That's even worse because it is tied to a quest that is there to teach you about the skill check system, in the long run it affect fation reputation as well and not an inconsequential lol so funny quest.
Tell me, how many minor quests can you do differently in nv? The one where I must fetch a corpse and put it in front of a ncr checkpoint? the one where i fetch some ingredients for a cook? the one where i cure post-rape lesbianism? the one where i choose to kill/ shoo away some guy without consequence?
>>
The third time I got to diamond city and finally got to do the interview.
Also danse
Because you cant roleplay in some scenarios. The game wants/forces you into the worst bullshit.
>Meet Danse, which you get the quest for him after hearing the radio distress recording when you're within like a mile of him.
>Help Danse
>Where did you come from? Why are you here?
>Literally no option for " I heard your distress signal" you just roll over and tell him what he wants to know. There's no option to not, they'll just avoid it for another wheel or so.
Fuck it, man.
>>
What bugged me most was the into, if they'd scrapped the "what I learnt in the army" and the "veterans ball lololol" part, and then during the vault representative questionnaire, he asks you your profession too, it would have made roleplay much better

E.g: "What's your profession again m8?"

>Soldier: END, + Accuracy in VATS
>Doctor: INT, + Stimpaks and chems are 20% more effective
>School Teacher: CHR, + All actions earn 10% more exp
>Construction Worker: STR, +scavenge more materials when scrapping items
>Fitness Instructor: AGL, +Can sprint 100% longer and walk faster while overencumbered
>Journalist: PER, +Holding VATS button highlights nearby containers holding loot
NEET: LCK, + 20% Chance of Terminals or Locks unlocking upon first attempt

Still not much but it's better than playing the same character over and over and over again.
>>
>>319405751
HATE BABY
>>
>>319424369
Most RPGs have some sort of background at the minimum and a motivating factor but you're a fucking retard if you don't think having your character more rigidly defined doesnt affect your ability to create and play your OWN character.
>>
I don't think the problem with Fallout 4 is the backstory, as some have said, you could still build a story from a character like the one in Fallout 4, it will just be a lot more specific than something more open like in Fallout NV.
The thing is, Fallout 4 doesn't even really do that right. I tried playing the way I thought it wanted me to play, I was interested in playing a suburban 50's housewife, catapulted into a nightmare world, on a no holds barred quest to find her son and make the fuckers who took him pay. But the game didn't want me to play that character apparently, it wanted me to also play someone who for some reason is interested in building settlements, and helping robots, or aiding some Brotherhood of Steel I have zero connection to as a 50's housewife who JUST. WANTS. TO. FIND. SHAUN.
Everything outside of the main plot seemed to work against that narrative. I threw the game away when I got to the Institute, and the story just obliterated that character entirely.
>>
>>319424850
There has never been any system like that in any fo games. The game is fucking broken from mid game on without any bonuses anyway.
You could try after war nevada in nv for that. But the weapon sway is a fun killer in that mod.
>>
>play this strong independent ass-kicking mercenary who no need no man
>rescue Nick
>"Tell me everything you remember about Shaniqua"
>literally start crying

Fuck.
>>
>>319425302
I like the car's but this game can't do emotional beats to stop the holocaust
>>
>>319425481
VA's I mean
>>
File: mov (48).webm (2 MB, 720x450) Image search: [Google]
mov (48).webm
2 MB, 720x450
>they need power armor
>>
>>319425939
>dat terrible webm
>vats everywhere because he gets raped in real time
>easiest difficulty
k
>>
>>319425939
>using a glitch
>>
>>319425939
It's interesting how differently people can play in these games. I'd find being overpowered as fuck and using the built in autoaim super boring.

As someone who almost never uses VATS the sheer amounts of VATS oriented gear and perks is annoying.
>>
>>319425127
I played a housewife too. low str, low end. high int because lawyer, moderate agi, lotta luck ("how can a girl like me be so lucky huh?"), moderate char.
rush for shaun, try avoiding fight, and talk whenever i can. abuse vats. slowly develop sneak, black widow and pistol/rifle skills. only help people on the way if they dont point me to some god forsaken warehouse. ignore danse's call for help. yell at every antagonists like a crazy bitch. have only 3 fusion cores but just bring all weapons with me and nick to the glowing sea anyway. Only stop for other content after meeting shaun. Better than skyrim's nonsenical power trip and the grind 3 desu senpai.
>>
>>319405273
When will faggots understand that the problem isn't with the main quest you get, but with the way your character is portrayed?
Before the war he is a standard american citizen with an army background. He is shown caring for his son and wife. No other character in fallout has been shown to be inherently 'good'. Even Fallout 3's Lone Wanderer might hate his dad for putting him in that situation, but Fallout 4's Goody-Two-Shoes Survivor is always a good guy, who might be a little sarcastic but that's it. You can grab a melee weapon and go berserk after waking up in the vault but once you open your mouth, you see that it's impossible to roleplay as what you want.
>>
>>319426096
nope survival

because lol Pyscho buff + pyscho + all melee damage perks
>>319426140
no glitches here boy just a bunch of buffs
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.