[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So is the main reason they're going with multi-series releases
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 11
File: ffvii_thumb.jpg (23 KB, 564x319) Image search: [Google]
ffvii_thumb.jpg
23 KB, 564x319
So is the main reason they're going with multi-series releases like the XIII trilogy financial?

I read the interview, and I think I can understand their reasoning. I'm with them though, because more is always better. I'd rather them flesh it out then have to cut content because one game would just cost too much and give too little.
>>
Yes. It's not about space like most people are thinkng, but rather keeping costs realistic for for the remake. Pushing everyone iut in one game would cost WAY too much and take way too much time just for one project. It's more realistic for them to spread it out and not jip us out if content, and add more to be fresh.

They want to remake this before they get too old, and they can't realistically do it with one game in terms oft cost and time / work load.

I was mad as fuck when I first heard, but I fully understand where they're coming from now.
>>
>>319403443
Yep
I wonder what the names will be
FFVII Remake: Midgar
FFVII Remake 2: An Unexpected Journey
FFVII Remake 3: Yuffie's Revenge
FFVII Remake 4: Black Materia
FFVII Remake 5: WEAPONs
FFVII Remake 6: Cloud Returns
FFVII Remake 7: Let's Mosey
FFVII Remake 8: Advent Children
FFVII Remake 9: Crisis stories
FFVII Remake 10: Dirge of Cerberus
>>
>>319404142

I'm sure it will only be 3-4 games at the most.

One game will be entirely Midgar. I don't know how they'll handle the world map, but they said things will be added, like certain events, but no new characters. So maybe we get to play as the Turks or something.
>>
>>319403826

They want to give us multiple huge experiences, instead of one underwhelming one that won't even be out until 2019 realistically. I don't know why this angers people so much.
>>
>>319404142
You forgot to add where denzel and marlene fight evil cloud
>>
>>319403443
Doubt it, XIII declined in sales as it went on even though it improved in each entry.
It's probably because of life is strange
>>
>>319403443

I like that we get to look forward to more installments as we play each game which to me is fucking sweet.

Kitase and Nomura said they want to make this bigger than the original in both content and experience too.
>>
>>319404667

FFVII cost 40M$ for development and 100M$ for marketing
This was in 1997
FFXIII had a development cost in excess of 65M$ and Kitase said that a full remake of FFVII with the graphical fidelity of XIII would cost 3 or 4 times that
Then the ps4 arrived and doubled or even tripled development costs over previous gens
So the expected dev + marketing costs of this are ranging from 500M$ to 1B$
If they sell 10 million copies like the original did at 60$ considering that less than half goes back to SE we're looking at financial suicide
That's where the decision to split it up comes in
It's not too big for a 50gb disc, it's too big a project for a single 60$ release
>>
>>319404445
>I don't know why this angers people so much.
>play JRPG
>have fun with it, like the story but even more like JRPG elements like leveling and boosting your character
>WOOPS, game ends here, enjoy no leveling further than 25 because you barely get any exp anymore. But dont worry, you can continue after 6 months ;^)
>>
>>319405318

fuck off shitpsoter
>>
>>319405318

>episodic JRPGs have never happened before

I'd rather set of fleshed out games to one rushed product full of cut content.
>>
>>319403443
>more is always better
Fuck off Nomura
>>
>>319405561
That might be right, but it still feels stupid to get thrown out of a game everyone finished right at the middle and having to wait another few months to continue playing and be able to get to the endgame and shit. Its one thing in stuff like FFXIII where each game isw finished, but another in fucking FFVII.
>>
>>319405737

The games will all have their own way to closing themselves up. They're working on how to do that. They say each game will have a unique story that coincides with FF7's overall story.

We'll just have to wait and see.
>>
>>319405641

You're right they should cut as much content as possible.
>>
>>319405737
Well we can't have the full game all at once unless you wait for all the parts to be released. Do some research into the .hack games if you're interested in seeing the model FFVIIR is probably going to follow since Cyber Connect 2 is working with Square.
>>
I'm not up in arms over it as much as /v/ for that reason. If releasing it in multiple episodes is what they need to do to nail everything with the right amount of detail/care and not have to cut shit, then that's what they should do. It's better than having it all in one game and it being rushed or half-assed in places, or missing things that should be in.

However it's just another reason to be wary of the remake, as if there weren't enough of those already, and it's possible that it could wind up being kind of a ripoff. It's also just shitty that something that could be released as one game back in the day apparently has to be done piecemeal now. So I understand why people are mad about it.

I think the best thing to do is wait for the first episode to come out and just see what happens. If it's not good enough/doesn't have enough content to warrant the price of the episode/has a bunch of DLC bullshit, then we'll know that Square is being a shit and can act accordingly by not buying the games. But if it comes out and it does have a level of content/detail/polish that would seem to warrant the price and episodic nature then everything's fine.
>>
File: titsuyamanboobs.jpg (32 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
titsuyamanboobs.jpg
32 KB, 640x640
>>319405641

I thought you liked Genisis.
>>
>I'm with them though
clearly you are with them shill
>>
>>319406126

>this
>needing shilling

tip top kekkety kek
>>
>>319406086
>It's also just shitty that something that could be released as one game back in the day apparently has to be done piecemeal now

Games cost a LOT more to make now. And FF7 is still a huge game, and to make that game today with full detail and love would cost an insane amount of money, especially for a japanese company.

This was in 1997
FFXIII had a development cost in excess of 65M$ and Kitase said that a full remake of FFVII with the graphical fidelity of XIII would cost 3 or 4 times that
Then the ps4 arrived and doubled or even tripled development costs over previous gens
If they sell 10 million copies like the original did at 60$ considering that less than half goes back to SE we're looking at financial suicide
It's not too big for a 50gb disc, it's too big a project for a single 60$ release
>>
>>319406320
>FFVII cost 40M$ for development and 100M$ for marketing

what the fuck
>>
>>319406320
FF was almost non existent on the west until VII. You don't to spend "100M$ for marketing" anymore.
>>
>>319406429
It's true
Most expensive game ever made for a while
I see no reason why this remake shouldn't be the most expensive game ever made until now
>>
>>319404142
this basically

I don't see how anyone that followed the compilation wouldn't believe that they'd introduce compilation material into the remake. They'd probably wind up giving the game the FFXIII treatment.

I guess I always saw it going like
FFVII-1: remake
FFVII-2: advent children + dirge of cerberus + side stories
FFVII-3: post-dc

not really sure how it'll work out, but it'll go something like that.
>>
>>319406320

I'm not saying it isn't justified, I'm just saying it's shitty.

Making a game like the original FFVII would actually be way cheaper nowadays so bringing up its budget is kinda irrelevant, but taking a game of FFVIi's scope and doing it with the level of fidelity/detail/scale seen in the remake trailers is a ridiculously huge project.
>>
>>319406568

Correct, but they're going to need that money for the game's cost now, and they will still need to market this to as many people as possible. A lot of people haven't played FF7.
>>
>>319406683
But until episode 7 it's still FFVII
>>
File: Ellie-Goulding-Feet-2013937.jpg (2 MB, 1997x3000) Image search: [Google]
Ellie-Goulding-Feet-2013937.jpg
2 MB, 1997x3000
>>319403443
I'm going to buy every $250 ultimate collector's edition of every chapter of this game. That's why they're doing it.
>>
>>319406709
>Making a game like the original FFVII would actually be way cheaper nowadays

Not with all the bells and whistles of muh HD, while trying to spark new interests.

If they were going to make some half assed remake on the scale of say Type-0 they would've done that, but they don't want to. These guys want to make it an even bigger than than it was because they're getting old, and don't want other people doing it. They want to exceed everything VII did. Telling them not to do that because it's not what you want is selfish.
>>
File: uwot.jpg (23 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
uwot.jpg
23 KB, 540x960
>>319406878

Me too. I might tell myself I'm better than that, but the kid inside me is an idiot.
>>
>>319403443
The reason is that modern Squeenix is cancer and wants to produce the worst game they can

To make sure of this they will make FF7R have
>corridors
>shitty muh flashy action combat
>changes to characters
>release it in small episodes for maximum jewing
>>
>>319407061
Thanks for this hot scoop, I bet you had to go through a lot just to get us this info.
>>
>>319406709

FFVII is still one of the most expensive games ever made today.

Saying that remaking it today won't cost much money is moronic. It would cost SO MUCH more.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_expensive_video_games_to_develop
>>
>>319403443
The reason why Cloud looks so scrawny in the trailer is because Barret litterally calls im a Skinny Ass in the original game.
>>
ITT: kids with little very grasp on reality. Also none of whom played ff7, I'm assuming.
>>
>>319403443
If they split it up into 3 discs like it originally was, then sure, whatever.
Any more than that will be a disaster.
>>
>>319407285
>Also none of whom played ff7, I'm assuming.
It would make more sense to assume they DID play it and because of that are pissed that it will be episodic.
>>
>>319407354
>Sure I'd love to pay a total of at least 150 bucks for a mutilated game with FFXV's horrible combat mixed with KH
>>
>>319407251

well it's also because he's a scrawny character

also the start of the game he only just got out of the mako pod and the beginning of the game takes place mere weeks after zack is kill
>>
>>319407409
Stay mad
>>
>>319407464
wow great argument you got there
>>
>>319406889
>>319407175

Missing the point. I did say remaking it with the level of detail/fidelity they're aiming for is a huge project. Which is why it's (probably) justified that they're going episodic with it. It's just crappy from a consumer perspective.

My other point was that making basically the original FFVII - with the original combat system, prerendered backdrops, etc - would be a much smaller project nowadays, so bringing up its budget back in the '90s is kind of pointless. Really big budget game development has gotten a lot more expensive over the years, but the floor has also lowered, and developing something like the old FFVII, even doing it in HD, is like a Kickstarter-tier project nowadays.
>>
>>319407402
No. That would make no logical sense if you actually played it. FF7 is huge in terms of shit that would have to be recreated for real time, next gen. Even back when graphics were much simpler, it was still a huge undertaking. Things are a lot more complicated these days. If every little thing is being recreated with real time assets and their own textures, surface maps, etc, there's just no way that anything but episodic would work for consoles. Not only that, but it's the only way to even fund something like this.
>>
they could've just made the combat similar to X-2's, and not go full action mode
shame
>>
File: 677068-safer_sephiroth.jpg (465 KB, 1200x1632) Image search: [Google]
677068-safer_sephiroth.jpg
465 KB, 1200x1632
>>319407451
can't wait
>>
>>319407451
>also the start of the game he only just got out of the mako pod
Actually it takes place a year after. After Zack busted him and Cloud out, they were on the run for a full year.
>>
>>319403443
>So is the main reason they're going with multi-series releases like the XIII trilogy financial?

hell yeah it is because they know their audience will fucking lap it up no matter how hard the shit if fucking milked.

and its not even about adding or leaving out content they just know people will pay full price per disk instead of getting the whole game in a single package instead
>>
>>319407617
>It's just crappy from a consumer perspective.

Not if the consumer understands that hardships making something this big brings forth.

Financially these are there only two options.

Release one game in 2020 with a huge amount of cut content with nothing new to offer (which they think is a waste of time)

or

Release a series of games starting in 2017 with plenty of content and nothing cut out with some cool new shit like playing as The Turks.

Which would you honestly prefer..?
>>
It's prolly just gonna be ffvii and vii-2
>>
>>319407763
>getting the whole game in a single package instead

Fuck that, I don't want a rushed game with cut content.

They don't want to deliver that either.

Stop being so ooga booga big mean square wanting to make money how evil
>>
> he thinks there won't be copious amounts of cut content to make room for animations

Do you even modern Square
>>
>>319407764

I'd prefer the latter because MGSV.
>>
>>319407764
>nothing cut out
Except for the other parts of the game. Yes there will be nothing cut out. Getting the full game in parts will likely be in 2030 but getting the full game at once with no parts cut out will likely get us the game 2021.
>>
>>319407727
I'm betting he'll be introduced in a FMV with Cloud going
>is that... Sephiroth?
>WELCOME TO MY REBIRTH, CLOUD
https://youtu.be/ZgPCKazn_Mc starts but WITH THE ORIGINAL LYRICS
blinding light floods the screen
boss battle begins
>>
>>319407986

Do you even read threads let alone the interviews?

>>319408021

What the fuck are you blathering about?
>>
>>319407764
What cool new shit are you picturing here
>>
>>319407927
They don't need to cut content dumbass. They just need to wait longer to give us the game.
>>
>>319408054
>advent children
kill yourself.
>>
>>319408058
Again, you're taking PR talk as fact. There will be a bunch of shit cut and apologists like you will still eat it up.
>>
>>319403443
Actually, i really don't mind they go this way. I think it's better. Just don't make them short ass sections. This will be like 3 discs all over again. :3
>>
>>319408079

Expanding Midgar, playing as the Turks, Cloud spazzing out during combat and it goes back to classic turnbased mid combat.

More Avalanche, more Jessie.
>>
>>319407764

Frankly it's not the consumer's job to worry about the "hardships" of the developers. Bottom line is FFVII was able to be made and sold as one complete game in the '90s, and now apparently has to be multiple games in '10s. For many people, this feels bad, or gives the impression that they're being milked. Full stop.

This is kind of a ridiculous argument to begin with though since in context when I said it was shitty I was arguing the other perspective/playing devil's advocate, and in the very same post I said I'm in favour of it being episodic if that's what they need to do to make it good.
>>
>>319408157
I think you're going to be sadly disappointed. But hey, you're obviously young and unjaded.

Godspeed, homie.
>>
>>319408157
Are you really this delusional? This is never going to happen.
>>
>>319408148

It's not fucking PR talk you fucking retard, it's reality.

They don't have unlimited money.

See >>319406320

I don't think you fully understand how much remaking FF7 with today's standards and expectations is going to cost.
>>
>>319408092
>>319408079
>>319408201
see >>319408001
If they had used this method for MGSV it would have been much better
>MGSV: GZ
>MGSV: TPP chapter 1
>MGSV: TPP chapter 2
>MGSV: TPP chapter 3
and we would have had more content
I'm sure everyone here would have gladly payed more for a complete experience
Also
Imagine if in 2014 instead of releasing both Ass Creed Unity and Rogue, Ubisoft did this
>late 2014 release Rogue on x360, and ps3
>early 2015 release Rogue on xbone, ps4 and pc bundled with Unity: Versailles
>Unity: Versailles purchasable as stand-alone
>Unity: Versailles are the first 2 or 3 chapters of Unity before getting to Paris
>Unity itself has much more time to be optimized and polished while Ubisoft gets feedback on combat and gameplay
>late 2015 Unity is released on xbone, ps4 and pc after one more year of development and with additional funding
It's a win win situation
>>319408157
>Cloud spazzing out during combat and it goes back to classic turnbased mid combat
will they use the old ps1 models as well?
>>
>>319408238
Its a literal PR statement released in response to the comments made about the multiple episode release.

You retard.
>>
>>319406320
Maybe it wouldn't be so big if it was a straight 1:1 remake other than aesthetic stuff.
>>
>>319408264
That's an epic straw man right there.

Again, your blind faith in SE is staggering.
>>
>>319408092
Not the guy you're responding to but you clearly don't understand several things about ff7 and game development in general. It's not like the on-the-rails anime movie FF games that you're used to, since you started with 13 I assume. There's a metric fuckload of content that has to be remade if they're truly redoing the entire fucking game. It would cost insane amounts of money if they choe to do it in one single release and there's no way their budget would allow for a recreation without significant amounts of cut content.
>>
>FF7r threads are the new FFXV threads

So can we actually discuss FFXV without an autistic user arguing with everyone
>>
>>319408204
>>319408227

the whole point of making it span numerous entries is so they can add new shit not exactly what I said but they want to add unique content that ties all the entries together

I love how you naysayers are so quick to brush shit off.

>>319408305

>public relations talk is weird in interviews

You are literally retarded. People asked them why it's happening, and they explained why , and the two big reasons was time and money.

It's not some secret scheme. They obviously want to make money while making games, and they have to be realistic. They could just half ass it and release an incomplete game like MGSV, but they're putting in the effort to make sure there's as much for people as possible, and you're fucking complaining.

Fuck you parrots.
>>
>>319408502

How much are SE paying you hun, be honest
>>
>>319408306
>Maybe it wouldn't be so big if it was a straight 1:1 remake other than aesthetic stuff.

They don't want to waste their time and money making a 1:1 remake. If they're going to go through with something this big they want to do it right before they get too old.

The only reason anyone wants this remake is aesthetics and graphics.
>>
>>319408502
>the whole point of making it span numerous entries is so they can add new shit
The whole point of it spanning multiple episodes is because they dont want another FFXV on their hands where they're throwing money in to a game that is constantly getting parts remade or rewritten, resulting in what will be an 11 year development cycle

You retard
>>
>>319408356
what strawman?
is it not true that unity was a mess and an additional year of development would have a been necessary?
is it not true that tpp was unfinished and that more development time funded by the release of chapter 1 would have led to a finished game?
>>
>>319408693
You're setting up an argument no-one is stating and breaking it down, using it as basis for anotger argument

Thats a strawman you idiot.
>>
>>319408392
Always the same reply. Always the same insane amount of money. Do you even know how much this insane amount of money will be? No. You don't. The game will literally not look like the trailer. The game wouldn't upgrade its graphic throughout every parts. That means part 1 that was released in 2017 will look the same with part 2 that will be released in 2022.
>>
>>319408628
>another FFXV on their hands where they're throwing money in to a game that is constantly getting parts remade or rewritten, resulting in what will be an 11 year development cycle

First off. Final Fantasy XV has only been in development since 2012, and it only had money thrown at it from that point when Tabata took over Nomura's role.

Secondly all it's parts getting re-written happened around the same time, and only then. Versus was being made into XV, and they were deciding on remaking 7, so they had to cut funding for XV's sequels like Nomura wanted, and instead use them to fund 7R and it's sequels. This is why character switching was never fully developed for XV, but was instead moved to be worked on for 7R.

Also what needs to be re-written for 7? The foundation is already there. What needs to be written to link the episodes is so tiny in comparison to XV's script.
>>
>>319403443
Shilling this fucking hard, for little to no payment.

Get the fuck out.
>>
>>319408880
Someone posted a link to the original FF7's production cost. It was the equivalent of $250m. That was back when graphics were piss and lacking complexity.

Now you have to factor in the same amount of content, with the graphical assets taking MUCH more time to make and also adding things like voice acting, animation, motion capture and camera work. You're going to be approaching $1b total if they're actually going to remake the entire thing.
>>
>>319408880

It will be more than 7 cost, and it's still one of the top 5 most expensive games ever made.

They've explained this very rationally, but you keep wanting to pin them and the big bad meanie who wants to steal your money for nothing.

Fucking read the thread of fuck off.
>>
>Fans: "REMAKE final fantasy 7 Square!"
>Square: "No, it would cost too much money."
>Fans: "REMAKE final fantasy 7 Square!"
>Square: "No, it would be too much work."
>Square: "Please buy and enjoy the PC release of FF7 on the PS4!"
>Fans: "NO FUCK YOU SQUARE, REMAKE FF7!"
>Square: "OK YEAH SURE FINE YOU FUCKING BABBIES. FF7 IS GETTING REMADE, but its going to have to be in parts cause its too big to fit on just one disc."
>Fans: "HOLY SHIT YOU MOTHERFUCKERS FUCKING LIED TO US HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO US?! SIZE MY ASS, YOU LIARS JUST WANT MORE MONEY!"
>Square: "WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU PEOPLE EVEN WANT FROM US ANYMORE...."

Seriously what do fans want when it comes to FF7?
For it not to be made?
Or just be a carbon copy of the original game with better graphics?
No voice acting?
Still a grindfest?
Everything that was bad in the old game left the same?
Everything good with the old game not made better?
For YEARS Square complained about how it would take too much money and work to remake the game cause it was too big, did people just not believe them then?
>>
>>319408880

It's not our fault you're retarded and can't into basic mathematics.

Remaking 7 with today's standards and fan expectations of having everything left in will cost almost a billion dollars.
>>
>>319409387
>cause its too big to fit on just one disc."

That's not the reason. It's too expensive to be a single project.
>>
>>319408780
Do you want SE to the remake the same way most games are released recently, unfinished with cut content everywhere bugs and dlc bonanza?
>>
>>319408001

Do we even know there was any cut content? Weren't most of the things used in the trailers just meant for the trailers?

I agree by the way, I'd rather a fleshed out series of games letting me relive the magic of 7 rather than one rushed under-budgeted game with far less content.
>>
>>319409263
>>319409304
>>319409417
Holy fuck. You guys actually think that this will get to 1 billion dollars. You guys are retarded. It will never get that high.
>>
>>319408880
>insane amount of money

>FF7 is one of the most expensive games every made
>actually thinking remaking it properly today would cost less

Do people this stupid really exist?
>>
>>319409910
>one of the most expensive games every made
Literally more than 2/3rds of its budget was marketing. It was a precursor for this kind of twisted budget distribution.
>>
>>319409875
Holy shit it's been posted twice already
>>319404771 >>319406320
And I'll post it again myslef
This was in 1997
if you don't believe this then look up the numbers and look up the budgets of modern AAA games, of FFXIII of FFVII and if you want I'll post a link of Kitase's interview from a few years ago
>>
FFXIII happened the way it did because FFXIV was a fiscal catastrophe which single-handedly divebombed them through the red.
>>
>>319410312
Witcher 3 dev costs were $45 million and it's a bigger, longer game than FFVII was.

So anything Squeenix says about costs is their own incompetence at best and blatant lies at worst.
>>
File: Untitled.png (34 KB, 900x575) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
34 KB, 900x575
I bet they're going for that 300m budget, the madmen.

>people actually said 1 billion

Kill yourselves.
>>
>>319410608
If they go for the title of "highest budget ever for a video game" that's going to be huge publicity.
>>
>>319410608
Are you illiterate?
>>
File: ginga nigga.png (383 KB, 759x582) Image search: [Google]
ginga nigga.png
383 KB, 759x582
>>319410516
>it's a bigger, longer game than FFVII was

I finished TW3 within 2 weeks without rushing, and I replayed 7 recently and it took me just over a month to reach the northern crater.
>>
>>319410516
>bigger, longer game than FFVII was

No it wasn't, and a full realized modern day 7 would be a fuckload bigger than TW3.
>>
>>319410782

They said they're aiming for that. FF7 was the biggest game of it's time, and they want to do it again before they retire.
>>
>>319410516
Why are you lying?
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-08-26-the-witcher-3-sells-6m-copies-in-six-weeks
53M£ is about 85M$ as of the time of the article and the american dollar has been unusually strong in 2015 compared to the time when Witcher 3 was actually in development
Also what's the average polish wage compared to the average japanese wage?
>>
>>319410829

What?

People literally said they thought it would cost nearly a billion dollars.

That's one thousand million dollars.
>>
>>319410516
>Witcher 3 dev costs were $45 million and it's a bigger, longer game than FFVII was.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>319410608
>Destiny at 140
Destiny has a planned budget of 500 millions
140 was only for the original 2014 release
Look at that, Destiny is releasing in a way that's similar to this remake
>>
File: 1.png (327 KB, 679x688) Image search: [Google]
1.png
327 KB, 679x688
>>319410830
>>319410929
Good for you guys.

Shame you're making shit up.
>>
File: myron.gif (499 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
myron.gif
499 KB, 500x375
>>319411191

>your time
>>
>>319411061
people are saying it can range from 500 to 1000 million dollars based on dev costs of previous games, Kitase's words, and increased development costs of new games
>>
>>319411302
"My make believe > statistics"

They're so cute when they get destroyed.
>>
>>319404142
>FFVII Remake 8: Advent Children
>FFVII Remake 9: Crisis stories
>FFVII Remake 10: Dirge of Cerberus
But Nomura said no compilation shit, he'd better keep his word or I will personally fly to Japan and indecently expose myself to him and his family.
>>
i would definitely be up for running around midgar doing sidequests and shit.

there are some things that would just be huge undertakings if you wanted them to be fully interactive and 3d and shit. the fucking submarine, for instance. the gold saucer.

there is definitely the SCOPE for turning ff7 into three huge games but being skeptical about it is very justifiable seeing as no remake has ever delivered on this scale before and indeed we've never seen a 3d jrpg that has made promises on this scale.
>>
>>319411191

If FF7 is 1997 is almost sequel to TW3, the remake is gonna be insane.
>>
>>319411437
Those are additions after they finish remaking FFVII itself
>>
Square Enix and Telltale Games presents: Final Fantasy 7

1: Midgar
2: Kalm to Junon
3: Costa del Sol to Cosmo Canyon
4: Nibelheim to Rocket Town and Wutai
5: Temple of the Ancients to Aeris' death
6: Icicle Inn to Crater
7: Escape from Junon and Search for Cloud
8: The search for the Huge Materia and return of Cloud
9: Diamond Weapon and the Midgar Raid
10: The Final Battle with Sephiroth

Each episode 5-10 hours (full game by 2015 standards) of on-rails padded-out cutscene hallways with no sidequests, exploration, secrets or access to other episode content, culminating in "To be continued" cliffhangers. $20-30 each, 1 episode per year. Please look forward to it.
>>
>>319411504

almost equal even

fuck I need to goto bed
>>
>>319404142
It won't be like that, you know it and everyone knows it.

1/10 to make me reply.
>>
>>319411191

TW3 is so boring that I doubt someone will actually play it for more than 3 hours.
>>
>>319411504

That's true. Must be another reason for episodes.
>>
>>319411191
I spent way more time on FF7
>>
>>319411649
I don't like this, >>319404142 is better
They could integrate all side stuff into the main narrative too
>to defeat Sephiroth your strength alone might not be enough, but, there is a legend that speaks about a forgotten cave, containing the spirit of ancient Cetra warriors
>only those worthy would be allowed to wield their powers in battle
Yuffie
>you're talking about the Knights of the Round materia aren't you? Don't even bother Cloud, my father looked for it during the war against ShinRa and could never find it. It's hopeless
And you start a long quest to obtain KotR
With no bullshit chocobo breeding this time
See how easy it is to make it longer?
>>
>>319409387
they want every event that happened in the game, campy or not, right down to every character's dick twitch, but the moment square says this is how it's going to work, every pseudo-fan of FF7 chimps the fuck out. I don't know how many posts I keep reading from these "hardcore FF7 fans" bitching about Cloud being sickly looking when they forget the context of the very game they're dedicated to. You're no different from those fake gamer grill whores with their phone games.
>>
>>319403443
I like what they are doing, it is a bold move, and they must have known that it could cause a massive backlash. So if they see this project through to the end without giving in they will earn my respect for their integrity.

But they are walking down a thorny path now, they need to be very careful about what they say to the fans and they need to carefully present new information and features in order to both increase the hype and calm the rabid fans down.

I'm curious about seeing how the episodic characteristic of this remake will expand the world of FFVII.
>>
>>319404142
FFVII Remake 1 - everything until end of DISK 1
FFVII Remake 2 - everything until end of DISK 2
FFVII Remake 3 - From the start of DISK 3 and on.

Damn that was hard.
>>
>>319416452
disc1 is the longest and disc 3 is only the crater
idiot
>>
>>319416452
But that's unbalanced as fuck
Part 1 can't be half the game and part 3 only the final dungeon
>>
>>319417560
>>319417439
Remake 1 - Start-Junon
Remake 2 - Junon-Aeris' death
Remake 3 - Aeris' death-Northern Crater

Happy now?
>>
>>319416452
Part 1 = Midgar
Part 2 = Ends after Nifelheim
Part 3 = Ends when Cloud goes amnesiac
a s o
>>
File: 1416297596518.jpg (34 KB, 353x439) Image search: [Google]
1416297596518.jpg
34 KB, 353x439
>AeriTH
>>
>>319417828
That way every Part would have a cliffhanger like ending, enough content and some big action scene thingie at the end.
>>
>>319416452

Part 1 - Tranny Cloud Simulator Mode
Part 2 - Gold Saucer
Part 3 - Shitty jRPG mode
>>
>>319417986
do people even try to say it out loud?
are they aware it makes them sound like they have a faggy lisp?
>>
>>319417828
Part 1: FFVII
Part 2: AC
Part 3: CC
Part 4: DoC
Part 5: Gackt
>>
>>319413769
The how can your head fit so far up your as like that? I can't believe people are praising the idea of getting ripped off like this. Not only would breaking up the game into separate games kill the story, Its totally unjustifiable when the whole plot is available right now. The more info that comes out about this tacky remake, the more unnecessary it becomes.

And you know they'll still delay the game in spite of taking shortcuts like this
>>
>The how can your head fit so far up your as like that?
What?
>>
>>319405318
That's literally .hack and those games are loved around here.

Don't know why people are getting so angry now other than to be angry just cause.
>>
>>319411191

Wow this pic is embarrassing for anyone who claims TW3 is so big an expansive.

It barely stumps a JRPG from 1997 kek.
Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.