[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm gonna play Disgaea series for the plot. I started the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
File: D2_Rozalin.png (567 KB, 860x931) Image search: [Google]
D2_Rozalin.png
567 KB, 860x931
I'm gonna play Disgaea series for the plot.
I started the first game on PSP, but didn't get too far before the PC version announcement, so I want to pick up that one.
But I also want to play something comfy to play on my PSP in the bed before sleep. Am I gonna miss on much by playing D2 before 1?

Also, Rozalin > flat girls, if those washboards can be called girls at all.
>>
File: Dis2-knight.jpg (70 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
Dis2-knight.jpg
70 KB, 600x900
>>
All the games have their own unique story, and are lowly connected by references and optional boss fights against previous main characters.
>>
>>319397383
On the first tutorial map I met some Prinnies which serve some rival overlord or something along those lines. Obviously that's Etna.
Isn't there some continuity between the two games?
>>
File: Asagiri.Asagi.full.820430.jpg (478 KB, 666x1000) Image search: [Google]
Asagiri.Asagi.full.820430.jpg
478 KB, 666x1000
Friendly reminder that Asagi is best girl.
>>
>>319397657
>posting a blank image
Very funny, anon.
>>
>>319395351
Seraphina is cuter
>>
>>319397737
Can you not comprehend the beauty of best girl?
>>
>>319398057
That would be debatable, but
>pink hair
Nope.
>>
Anyway, waifu wars aside, I have a mechanic related question.

How is experience distributed in these games?
Does only the character that deals the final blow get the EXP? Or do the other characters get a portion as well? What happens if the enemy gets killed by a geo panel color change or clearing all panels on the level? What about the EXP award from the bonus gauge? Do units not deployed on the field get any EXP at all?
>>
File: Badass.png (287 KB, 434x600) Image search: [Google]
Badass.png
287 KB, 434x600
>jumping right after beating main story of Disgaea 3 - into Raspberyl mode
>enemies up to 300+ lvls
>somehow managing to reach final stage
>Mao and every enemy basically can one shot kill with AoE half of my party
>screw it, waste hours and hours into getting to bottom of legendary monster weapon
>after beating item god - 195 lvl, 14000 int, 10000 atk
>one shot kill EVERYTHING as Raspberyl
feels good.
Now onto real post game I suppose.
https://youtu.be/FKWaMMASy28
>>
>>319398856
Did you ever played the game? Because its explained in the firts tutorial
>>
>>319398856
Depends on type of attack which killed enemy.
If it was regular combo - everyone partitipated gets EXP.
If it was combined skill - both characters get EXP.
If any of those characters have magicchanged weapon (mechanics of some Disgaea games) - those monsters will get an EXP too.
Those who didn't participated in killing blow attack - don't get EXP, as well as ones who are not on the field.
>>
>>319399279
>If it was regular combo - everyone partitipated gets EXP.
Evenly, or based on the % of total damage done?
>>
>>319399416
Evenly as far I'm aware.
But regular combo is combo made with usual attack. It's has chance percentage to happen with 3 adjacent units.
To maximize that percentage and make combo almost guaranteed - you need to have teachers/pupils and some other (like classroom) mechanics used in place.
But yeah, if you 1 lvl character will do combo with 9999 lvl character and they'll keel powerful enemy, your 1lvl character will get shitload of EXP
>>
>>319399598
Oh you mean those, I thought any consecutive attacks count as combo. Didn't that kind of combo you're talking about have a special term for it?
>>
>>319399709
every consecutive attack on one target does counts as combo but mostly to fill combo gauge of Item world or increase damage.
No idea about term, but when you play a bit you'll get what I mean about different types of combos.
>>
File: 2005-09-16-3629.jpg (92 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
2005-09-16-3629.jpg
92 KB, 1024x768
>not worshipping DFC
>>
>>319399279
>If it was regular combo - everyone partitipated gets EXP

Last I remember it's only the character dealing the killing blow, unless it's a team attack in which case it's all, yes.

>>319397498
There are some references between games, but overall the stories are self-contained and you won't miss much, except for DD2 since it's a direct sequel. However, it's prefered to do them in release order because updated mechanics (and sprites in D4 and beyond) will make it harder to go back to previous games.
>>
>>319399920
>unless it's a team attack in which case it's all, yes.
Yes, team attack, that's it. Just forgot term for some reason.
But technically you can make up to 4 characters dealing killing blow at the same time?
2 monsters magic change in weapons, then 2 characters use combined skill and all 4 get EXP while dealing massive damage.
>>
>>319400164
meant that you can call such combined skill attack as combo too.
combo is a bit too broad term.
I should learn actual terms.
>>
>>319400164
I found the best way to play is to spam tower attacks. Guaranteed combos and massive damage, on top of that all units in the tower gain massive xp. Plus you're still mobile by way of throwing
>>
>>319400378
Speaking of tower attacks. In D5, is there only tower attack the one where they all spin? I thought there were more ridiculous animations for towers
>>
>>319400378
Oh yeah, forgot to mention tower attacks too. it's up to 10 character EXP sharing.
>>
File: 29.png (110 KB, 294x311) Image search: [Google]
29.png
110 KB, 294x311
>>319395351
>PC version announcement
Wait. What the fuck? Why haven't I heard of this? I already have like 80 hours playing it on emulator
>>
Moving On never gets old. I love it
>>
>>319401238
cause you are slow.
also it's only Disgaea 1 so far.
>only 80 hours
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.