[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /v/ how long did it take you to get bored of Fallout 4, assuming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3
File: _2015-12-08-02-31-57.png (1 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
_2015-12-08-02-31-57.png
1 MB, 1080x1920
Hey /v/ how long did it take you to get bored of Fallout 4, assuming you're bored of it that is, I have 100ish hours in, I'm playing on survival, I'm level 83, I've finished the main quest and milked the factions as hard as possible and quite frankly I'm terribly bored. If you aren't bored why is that? Anything I could be doing to make it fun again? I feel as if there is so much missing from this iteration of Fallout. I'm playing on PC by the way.
>>
Fuck off to reddit
>>
>>319390863
Very insightful response, thank you.
>>
>>319390747
If you are bored then stop playing the game and play something else faggot.

As for me I am currently on my 2nd playthrough, not bored yet (117 hrs + 39 hrs, 156 hrs).
>>
About to break the 100hr mark and still having fun. I can't wait for the DLC.
>>
>>319391321
I'm just praying that we get really great dlc and added content, it just feels like there's so much more content we missed out on, but maybe my expectations were just too high.
>>
File: 5555.png (111 KB, 400x311) Image search: [Google]
5555.png
111 KB, 400x311
>graphics
Okay, I guess. So used to the FO3/NV look.
>main character is voiced
Not too keen on it. It ruins the immersion for me.
>no skill points
What the fuck is the point of S.P.E.C.I.A.L. then?
>new perk system reliant solely on stats/level
Oh.
>super mutants don't have lip clamp straps
Man, son, you look fucked up. Do...do you need some aspirin?
>ending no longer a slideshow
Well, shit, that was the best thing to look forward to, seeing how my actions affected the Wasteland.
>forced true iron-sights
Can't see shit, captain. Is that a Sentry I just shot or a breadbox? ... It's a side-table.
>ron perlman makes a token appearance
Welp. Internet's over. Everyone get out. You don't have to go home but you can't stay here.
>season pass
The DLC better be pretty damn impressive.
>>
I put in 3 days or so
>>
>>319391157
>>319391321
>>319391639
>>319392208
Fuck off to reddit
>>
>>319392303
Found the autist.
>>
I played like 20 hours, barely progressed and haven't touched it in a couple weeks.
>>
Around 130 hours.
>>
>>319390747
20 hours, and honestly bored before then.
I'll go back to it eventually, but what I played was just downright dull. No interesting quests, no variety, just a fuck tonne of 'quests' that culminated in killing raiders, super mutants, or ghouls. Even the one or two that initiated deviated from that formula ended up doing that.

Sometimes I can't even tell the difference between the Radiant Quests and the proper ones... and that wasn't intended to be a compliment of the Radiant Quests.
>>
20-30 hours maybe. Got to like level 25ish before getting so bored of the game I quite playing.
>>
>>319390747
10 hours.

Main story was fun. After I completed it, nothing seemed as good.
>>
>>319390747
You don't get value out of RPGs by by grinding out quests you autist. You get value by starting a new run.
>>
I only put about 20 hours, still haven't finished it and don't really feel like it because the factions are all fucking horrible
>>
Literally less than 4 hours.
It's shit
>>
i want to finish this run so i can do a new one.
try out an int/ch build since you can actually talk to things in this game before they start shooting you.
>>
>>319393521
>try out an int/ch build since you can actually talk to things in this game before they start shooting you.

No you can't
>>
>>319390747
played it intensely for a week, got bored, now i got back to it.
but i guess i can't enjoy any game for more than a week without getting bored of it. i need variation
>>
50 hours
its shit
>>
About 20 hours maybe, I would have put more in but running it on a toaster is suffering
>>
I had extremely good time for something like first 20 hours, the next 20 were just OK and now that I've clocked in over 40 hours I'd just rather go and finish the main quest. But that's pretty much my standard for all modern Bethesda games, they just need mods to entertain longer than that.

If there's something that Fallout 4 needs especially hard, it's more weapons and equipment - now it's pretty boring that you end using just couple of guns during the playthrough and there's not enough loot variety. Legendary stuff just doesn't cut it, they are boring and shitty most of the time.
>>
>>319390747
20 hours but I kept going for another 15 for some reason.
>>
>>319393828
And a job
>>
gave up after 40 hours. silver shroud was a neat quest that they accidentally left some rp in. the rest of the quests were shitty radiant quests. the full dialog mod just showed how utterly atrocious the conversations are. all the perks were increase X by 10/20/40/60 and just lazy as fuck and weapons and armor was just cut and pasted from skyrim's enchantments.
>>
>>319390747
Once I realized there were only radiant quest shit left.
>>
>>319394331
i have a job. im at work right now.
>>
>>319390747
40 hours, least time i spent on bethesda game
not going to play it ever again
>>
File: 1252265128197.jpg (8 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
1252265128197.jpg
8 KB, 251x251
>>319390747
About 25 hours in and I'm already struggling to get back to playing it.
Poor performances, forgettable characters, pants on head retarded writing, the gameplay is a lot smoother but why should I keep on shooting the shit out of everything in sight if I don't have a good reason to do so?
>>
>>319394617
What exactly is retarded about the writing?

Or are you just spouting whatever garbage you think /v/ wants to hear?
>>
This game was essentially Sims 2 all over again for me. I spent the vast majority of playtime in build mode and very little playing the actual game.
>>
>>319394805
you can do two things in that game plot wise - shoot and walk
>bos destroying institute when they hoard tech, in proper game they would occupy them but it way too hard to make locations you know and it just works
For one.
>>
38 and I don't feel like playing it again.
I dunno why I even bought it. I didn't finish TW3 or MGSV either. I guess I don't like games anymore.
>>
>>319390747
nearly 100 hours and I'm done with the game, I won't replay it until the Geck/DLC is out.
>>
20-30 hours up to level 25 or so.
Played the BoS questline but after I visited the institute and BoS revealed their masterplan of building a transformer my interest just evaporated into nothingness and I uninstalled this turd.
>>
>>319390747
4 hours
I think I had more fun doing the dishes last night, what a horrible mess of a game.
>>
49 hours according to steam.

Story wise I only got up to entering Diamond City. From the start I really had no interest in the story. It seems just as mediocre as 3 and NV.

Only thing that has kept me entertained is exploring and doing side quests. I haven't exactly scoured every location yet but, at the moment I'd rather just play other games.
>>
>>319390747

~80 hours

but probably only because R6 Siege is a lot more fun and can get you some adrenalin rush
>>
boredom started hitting in at around 80 hours. but past 40 i already slowed down on playing.
>>
Just got the game earlier this evening.

I'm about 3-4 hours in and I'm already having to push myself to continue playing.

I don't think I like video games anymore.
>>
7 hours. I guess it's improvement, it only took 4 hours to make me uninstall Fallout 3.
>>
80 hours, all I got left is to explore the Brotherhood ending and the Railroad ending + mapping all locations, but fuck all that.

Oh and achievements.

40/50 atm.
>>
>>319390747
I've played it for like 14 hours. Before you go "hur dur, playing for so long what you hate" I do think Fallout 4 is better than Fallout 3, because it improved on its shooting mechanics. But it's just, I don't care about anuthing in Megaton 2.0
>>
>>319398569

I have only 5 achievements left.
Railroad ending + pickpocket mine shit.

Holy shit Institue was so shit.
Good thing i chose BoS for my first playthrough.
>>
>>319394443
get back to work!
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.