[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Bioshock 2 so disliked? I thought it was fun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: Subject_delta.jpg (700 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Subject_delta.jpg
700 KB, 1024x768
Why is Bioshock 2 so disliked?

I thought it was fun
>>
It's the best one
>>
It isnt. Shut the fuck up already you newfag. We've been sucking it's dick for years
>>
>>319383839
It focused more on game play instead of the cinematic drama that the gaming media loves.
>>
I never understood it either, it was panned a lot more than Bioshock 1 even though it was basically an improved version with a weaker story
>>
Most of people who played it really like it

That being said only 3 people played it
>>
Was the theme park in number 1 or number 2, because that shit was hilarious.

"THE PARASITE SAYS YOU MUST GO TO WAR AND DIE! THE PARASITE MUST TAKE ITS DUE! THE PARASITE..."
>>
That Big Daddy is so much cooler than the original ones.
>>
it's not disliked, it's just found far less of a place in the popular consciousness for being "more of that" where "that" was (whether you like the game or not) one of the most original, defining, and beloved titles of its generation

it's like fapping after the ~100th time. it's still great and your technique's probably gotten way better, but it's simply never going to feel as good as it used to.
>>
File: 1438749505739.jpg (54 KB, 640x524) Image search: [Google]
1438749505739.jpg
54 KB, 640x524
>>319384349
Hit a nerve there?
>>
Better than Infinite, but still inferior to the first.
>>
>>319383839
It's the best Bioshock
>>
I'd only played the first one, how is the gun play and gun customization in 2 and Infinite anyway?
>>
>>319384517
its 2
>>
>>319383839
I thought it had better gameplay and narrative.
>>
>>319384501
this is exactly how I feel about it. the story, antagonist, etc. was overall weaker, but the gameplay was improved in an amount that I felt was almost equal to the amount that the story degraded

instead, you hear about how 2 is just terrible, but infinite is amazing.

honestly

2=1>infinite
>>
>>319383839
The gameplay was only marginally improved, which doesn't make up for the large downgrade in pretty much everything else like the story, environments, and characters.

The shooting at its core is still clunky and making the drill run on fuel was as poor decision. The only thing it really does noticeably better than 1 was not fucking up completely in the last third.
>>
>>319386491
I forgot to mention, the Big Sisters fucking suck.

>Promised to be dynamic and unpredictable encounters, ended up occurring after saving a little sister every time
>Removed the Big Daddies initial neutral state, so you don't have any time to prepare for a fight or determine a plan of approach. Just full on shoot the bullet sponge until it dies
>>
>>319383839
Because its unnecessary
>>
One of the big reasons that 2 was disliked was they got a whole different 2K stuido that was just focused on the multiplayer that turned out to be a complete piece of shit.
With a single player that was merely good, a cash grab multiplayer that took just as much money and time and was just awful really hurt it.
>>
>>319387132
Was the multiplayer that bad? I never bothered to play it and just assumed it was mediocre and dead.
>>
It's fun but I'd enjoy it more if it didn't crash every 5 minutes whenever I tried to play it
>>
>>319387202
Dead on arrival practically. The queues were always small and it was unstable as fuck.
The main problem was that it was horrifically unbalanced. It was a leveled unlock system that forced you to grind to unlock the better weapons and the plasmids. But the lobby didn't divide people by level, so it dropped you into rooms with only a pistol against level 40+ guys that just stomp you over an over again and prevent your progression. Like beating you head against a wall, except less fun.
Considering it was a parallel development studio with just the same amount of time and money as the single player, it was absolutely unacceptable.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.