[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 53622365.jpg (32 KB, 500x309) Image search: [Google]
53622365.jpg
32 KB, 500x309
What went wrong?
>>
>"We have a new console to show you! It's called the DreamCast!"
People are seemingly pleased about it.
>"It's available right now!"
People are confused, and barely buy it because there was no hype surrounding it.
>>
The PS2 came out
>>
>>319379045
Thats what happened to the Saturn.
The Dreamcast had plenty of hype.
>>
>>319378691
1. sega past fuck ups prevented companies from supporting the system
2. playstation 2 was right around the corner
3. it was a little too ahead for its time the original xbox pretty much perfected what the dreamcast was trying to do
>>
The use of non-game features becoming prevalent buying points.
ie. PS2 with DVD function.
>>
File: shenmue-strap.jpg (148 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
shenmue-strap.jpg
148 KB, 600x400
>the 32X disaster
>the Saturn disaster
>the PS2 was on its way
>the PS2 was released

The DC was the last time I was really passionate about video games. Everything since has been filled with bitterness and cynicism
>>
>>319379045
It was pretty weird.

I had no idea it existed, then walked into TRU and played it and convinced my parents to get it for me as a birthday/Christmas present.

I miss those Dreamcast days.
>>
>>319378691
that awful controller
>>
>>319378691
No good games thb
>>
>>319378691
no built in dvd player. thats pretty much it.
>>
Playstation 2
>>
dead on arrival, released shortly before ps2.

I remember I had to choose between ps2 and dreamcast and chose dreamcast because it'd be out first.

enjoyed the unlimited piracy though, did not enjoy playing sanic and sfa3 while my friends were playing kingdom hearts though.
>>
>>319379994
somewhat agree. even though the controller felt comfortable to use the lack of a 2nd analog stick hurt it a lot.
>>
>>319378691

Cord came out the bottom of the controller.
>>
>>319381069
The Saturn 3D controller was better...wish they'd kept more of that design.
>>
File: 1375922614293.jpg (59 KB, 640x560) Image search: [Google]
1375922614293.jpg
59 KB, 640x560
If Sega had survived until now what do you think their 8th gen console would be like?
>>
>>319381802
probably just as shit as the other consoles we have now
>>
>>319378691
Sega pissed everyone off with Saturn and paid for it
>>
>>319381069
That's a really fair opinion. I stand by the notion that the controller was comfortable as fuck, but I never realized how awful only one analog stick is until I tried playing 007 on N64 again last year. I don't remember it being so unmanagable back then, but man, it's awful. Fortunately most games were built for only one stick, so you don't notice it too much outside of shooters. N64 Smash played almost the same, and Dreamcast Gauntlet Legends felt good.

Gamecube controller and dreamcast felt the best in my hands, much moreso than any Xbox, PS, or Wii controller.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.