[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you could make any game, hat would it be about? Have you thought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9
File: 1448410412057.jpg (25 KB, 542x521) Image search: [Google]
1448410412057.jpg
25 KB, 542x521
If you could make any game, hat would it be about? Have you thought about this
>>
>hat would it be about?
>hat
>>
File: 1448484881394.gif (55 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
1448484881394.gif
55 KB, 256x192
TF2
>>
Top ten anime battles
>>
I would probably make a cowboy hat
>>
>>319368557
>general ideas for levels similar to Mario 64 (a stage in a kind of void)
>specific level design more inspired by Banjo-Kazooie; more for exploring and finding secrets and whatnot in a non-linear manner, as opposed to Mario 64's essentially finishing a challenge and reaching an endpoint
>no NPCs or enemies or anything of the like; total isolation and solitude is the selling point
>no story, narration, or text of any kind, beauty in simplicity
>MAYBE music, if so very minimalist ambient
>possibly N64-style graphics for nostalgia and from inspiration, possibly something more current for immersion
One day I'll make it real...
>>
A romantic visual novel where the player character is blind
>>
>>319369471
That would sell like shit
>>
An extremely gory WW2 shooter, a lot like RO2 but a lot more gore, like shooting someone in the stomach with a shotgun causes their entrails to spill out while they scream trying to push them back into their abdomen.
>>
File: 1449263976824.gif (24 KB, 60x95) Image search: [Google]
1449263976824.gif
24 KB, 60x95
>>319369747
Probably, but I'd like to make it because that's exactly the kind of game that I wish existed.
>>
>>319369565
So a text adventure?
>>
Half Life 2+ Fallout

RPG

Massive map thats wide open but the only interesting bits are mainly along the road and coast and cities along there, with some secret locations for the player to discover out in the desert wastelands and canyons.
>>
>>319370058
lol look at him
>>
>>319370148
Forgot to mention theres a bit of Mad Max as well, jury rigging cars to handle the extremes you put them through, lots of other driveable vehicles too.
>>
>>319370254
You making fun of my dance moves, bitch?
>>
File: city on fire.jpg (58 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
city on fire.jpg
58 KB, 300x400
I reallylike/miss 1970s New York. So if I were to make a game I'd definitely use that kind of seedy, grimy, poverty ridden chaotic but fun atmosphere. I'm thinking a cyberpunkish (but no cyber implants, that shit's fucking gay) sandbox crime RPG game set in Brooklyn/Manhattan after a dirty bomb attack in times square clears out the yupie filth and brings NYC back to the wild side. The visuals and music would be super influenced by things like The Velvet Underground, The book "The Sheep Look Up", The punk scene in the east village which was huge at the time, and basically everything Lou Reed ever wrote
>>
>>319370350
Include the old and better WTC and I'm sold
>>
>>319370148

That's be interesting. Reminds me of a car based horror game /v/ came up with a while ago
>>
shemale-based WRPG
>>
It would either be a 2D action platformer about a Russian who charges his jumps and attacks by squatting. He is searching for the fountain of infinite vodka.
>>
>>319370435
>car based horror game

Sounds interesting, how did it work?
>>
File: nightwalk.jpg (71 KB, 498x333) Image search: [Google]
nightwalk.jpg
71 KB, 498x333
>>319370434

I'd be hard because the game is set in the future, unless we went the fallout route and made it a weird alternate future where things happened differently

My Grandpa and two aunts died on 9/11 though so honestly I hate looking at those fucking towers
>>
A cyberpunk racing game RPG life sim

Basicall, persona in a cyberpunk world, only instead of fighting monsters at night you would "street" race.

Every character would have a unique racing style that would be effective in some areas and ineffective in others.

The crux of the game would be that it takes place on a calendar like Persona, but you had to schedule your races, and couldn't reload. So if you lost a race you would just have to keep playing despite your loss.

You could practice before race day, and of course level up, but race day should be tense, not like literally every other racing game, where second place means "restart until you get first".

When you're not racing or practicing racing you're hanging out with your racing team and doing optional side quests which may or may not have something to do with your "street" racing life.
>>
File: 1449013226636.jpg (314 KB, 1500x999) Image search: [Google]
1449013226636.jpg
314 KB, 1500x999
>>319370536

Basically game is a night road trip (Say from NYC to Providence RI). Thing is is your car is from the 50s and needs gas all the fucking time, so you gotta stop along these stops on the road. They start out being like normal gas stations and stuff out before you know it you stp in creepy places like innsmouth tier towns and have to watch your fucking back
>>
>>319370754
The reason for a cyberpunk setting, also, is simply to facilitate more fantastic racing styles and mechanics.

Any time someone would die they would be revived in a revival tank. This would take someone out of the race, but death isn't a factor in the game. You literally can't die, which would tie into the story in some way.

Aside from that, some would would race mechs with heavy weapons, others would have modified bodies to run at sanic speed, but not be very durable, others would use jetpacks, and so on. Every racer would be unique, and offer unique skills.

As the boss, it would be your job to pick the right team members and gear for the race, as well as control them during the race.
>>
The great United States of America and its great scientists have opened a portal to a medieval fantasy world with dragons, mages and fucking elves.
This world is rich with oil.
You must invade this place and show these simpletons your brand of Freedom.
>>
>>319370063
yeah but you have to choose and date the girls based on personality alone
>>
Character action game where you do not have health but instead live off of hype (imagine your style meter being your health)
>>
>>319371128
Let me guess, the mc gets eye surgery at the end and finally sees the girl he picked. And they're all ugly as sin.
>>
>>319370350
>City on Fire
Fun fact: my high school English teacher's son wrote that book.
>>
>>319371592
Oh yeah, well he's my dog's cousin
>>
>>319371721
Oh, cool. How's the book? I haven't gotten around to it yet.
>>
>>319371389
that obvious, eh?
>>
I would make 2 games with one story like Fire emblem: Fates, but they play differently and are different genres. They would be half price so you won't be jewed out from seeing the full story. It's about 2 brothers going down different walks of life. The brothers find an ancient charm and after one of the brothers puts it on he finds himself with the ability to manipulate minds. He's shortly corrupted by the power and decides to rule every surrounding kingdom by force. This game would be a RTS as you take over the country with his absolute power. The other game has the other brother as the PC, trying to end his other half's tyranny, this would be a musuo type game as you fight through your brothers forces.
>>
>>319371791

It's fucking fantastic, Especially if you are a New Yorker who likes to hang around the bowery like me
>>
File: large.jpg (136 KB, 800x448) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
136 KB, 800x448
WW2 FPS
You play as a Nazi soldier who slowly starts to doubt the actions of the third reich and the line between right and wrong, by the end of the game, not being able to bear the horrible things he has done, commits suicide.
>>
>>319372535
Most Nazi soldiers did nothing wrong nthough, unless you're going to force some spec ops bullshit.
>>
2.5D platformer with boy sailor who uses pelican as animal sidekick akin SMW Yoshi in harbor themed levels/world.
>>
some fps where you explore abandoned places like chernobyl and those spooky abandoned amusement parks in japan and also that coal village in america that's suppose to be the iinspiration for Silent Hill.
you shoot at the spooky
>>
>>319368557
A SRPG with both Medieval and Futuristic properties as the premise for the game.
Battles are found on the overworld, which then teleports your party to a small arena to fight a skirmish.
Towns can offer you small sidequests that either give you rewards or little pieces of backstory on the world.
Your party is fairly large. Not as big as the average FE game, but larger than a normal JRPG party, so around 15-20 characters.
A Fatigue system that forces you to make tactical decisions about the consequences of doing certain moves, as well as forcing you to switch up your party.
Skills that either give boosts to your characters innate stats, or allow you to beef up your attacks in exchange for more Fatigue.
Also, everybody's a monsterboy/girl. Not full on furshit, but people with dragon wings and shit because that's cool.
>>
>>319370858
I can see all kinds of personality in those cops' faces and stances.

The one of the left wears his jacket unzipped, stands wide and cocky, has a very aggressive manner of sizing his environment up and needs to keep his hands busy.

The one on the right has his jacket zipped up all professional like, stands at attention, is keeping tabs on his environment in a very low key manner, and has his hands clasped calmly and a completely neutral expression.
>>
You guys are boring. I'm deleting this thread
>>
>>319372827
Nazi's did everything wrong

You're thinking of the standing german army
>>
>>319372535
>WW2 FPS
>you play a Wehrmacht soldier who gets shuffled around between every front.
>Go from chucklefuck private to badass lieutenant over the course of the war, holding back waves of soviets going terminator.
>Berlin falls.
>Run to American side of the Volga so you don't get your boipucci pounded by soviets.
>It was all for nothing and the world will never realize their debt to the nazis for saving Europe from the soviets.
>>
A dinosaur based 15v15 combat game in the vein of war thunder or world of tanks. Imagine...

A herd of triceratops tending to their young. Back mounted machine guns scanning for threats. Suddenly an egg mound explodes in flame as a brontasaurus head appears stop the canopy, aiming the second missile in its head launcher. The brontasaurus steps into the clearing, a strange crate strapped to its side opens and dozens of pachycephalasaurus charge from the hold. The little dome headed bipeds charge at the triceratops, detonating explosives implanted in the hollow cavities under their domes. Half the triceratops herd is crippled by exploded knees.

This is just a glimpse at what I imagine
>>
>>319368557
Call of Duty (only MW2 and the other old school ones) + Mass Effect 2 + Destiny
Destiny's expansion model (keeps everything fresh), Mass Effect 2's planet exploration (lots of depth), and Call of Duty's gameplay (still the most finely tuned in the industry)
>>
>>319370058
This is the mentality that makes good video games good

power to you my man
>>
Pretty much take patapon (a party marching to the right of the screen), but you have free control of each of your units and have to manage each of their commands in real time with shorthand through combinations of drums

I love the pressure that active battle systems put on you compared to games that are turn based or freeze time in combat menus
>>
>>319368557
you play as two different characters in a post-apocalyptic setting: a man and a woman. you do not know where they are and your goal is to get them to meet each other and repopulate the earth.
>>
Earthbound 64-inspired RPG, but more camp and upbeat in nature.
>>
>>319374932
I think you mean the Elbe, son.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tQ4pHfcNm8
>>
A good racing game that doesn't pander to racing sim fags or initial d fags
>>
Vidya adaptations of various /tg/ stuff, mostly. VTMB is a masterpiece despite VtM being shit; I'd love to see what they could do with a good game as foundation.
>>
Fantasy XCOM.
>>
File: 2228_ClDABd9V.jpg (12 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
2228_ClDABd9V.jpg
12 KB, 400x300
>>319368557
Basically mgsv set in an alternate history wild west where fantasy monsters existed and it's a finished game. You get to have a qt brown elf slave and the final boss is based off of ghost
>>
nigger simulator

steal the dialogue from boondocks

copy pretty much all gta v and make it about only stealing stuff and everyone is black
>>
>>319368557
>First game is generic as fuck
>Medieval

You're the most generic male looking protagonist with the generic "muh justice" attitude and the kingdom he lived was destroyed alongside his parents by a madman who wants to take possession of a powerful gem to rule the world and advance technology using the gem's power. There are multiples of these gems but once held by someone, they gain either a wish or a superpower depending on what their spirit wants most.

The main character then goes out to try finding this madman across the large land full of other kingdoms but learns that all the rulers of these kingdoms have been rused into siding with the madman so protagboy must defeat the rulers of these kingdoms along with two others.

Once they're all beaten protagboy finds the madman and battles with him to the death, finding a gem for himself towards endgame making his equipped weapon a "sword of justice" which is one of the strongest weapons to counter the madman's power of darkness manipulation. Once madman dies they all live happily ever after.

Future games take place in later times with more interesting stories I don't know.
>>
>>319377559
The thing about making a simulator is that you have to do research. A.Wyatt Mann comics are not reference material.
>>
>>319371901

>one path has you pick the cute girl and over the ugly girl, based on personality
>you are about to marry
>you get an eye transplant before the wedding
>its from the ugly girl, she loved you and her wedding gift for you is being able to see your woman

You got yourself the next Katawa Shoujo right there anon
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.