[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've started this game recently. Why the fuck are people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: MGSVTPPfeat.jpg (162 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
MGSVTPPfeat.jpg
162 KB, 1280x720
I've started this game recently. Why the fuck are people saying it has the best gameplay in the series? Sure, the controls aren't clunky (like MGS1-3) but the gameplay itself is incredibly boring. You get dropped into the map, spend 10 minutes riding to a camp, then complete a very basic objective. Even if the older games had cutscenes and codec calls that lasted longer than the actual gameplay, at least the little gameplay it had was enjoyable. Peace Walker wasn't as bad as this either, it dropped you a lot closer to your destination so you spent less time traveling through an empty space. The empty desert wouldn't even be so bad if it was completely flat. But as it stands, the mountains stop you from taking most shortcuts so you have to stick to the road (which adds even more time to your journey since you can't travel as the crow flies).

Please tell me it gets better. Please tell me there are interesting boss battles. Please tell me the story becomes more complex than "Snake sneaking around a bunch of slavs in an empty desert". I've played about 15 hours so far, I've only completed about 7 main missions. Does it improve?
>>
>>319357341
>Please tell me there are interesting boss battles.
HAHAHA
>Please tell me the story becomes more complex than "Snake sneaking around a bunch of slavs in an empty desert".
HAHAHAHAHAHA
>I've played about 15 hours so far, I've only completed about 7 main missions. Does it improve?
No.
>>
>>319357562
How many missions is it before something interesting in the story actually happens? So far, pretty much nothing has happened since I escaped the hospital.
>>
Just fucking play it and finish it. You deserve to be disappointed just like everyone else.
>>
>>319358405
The story is shit the whole way through
>>
>>319357341
Peace Walker had non-existent sneaking. Not making you traverse a tiny bit of desert doesn't make up for that.
>>
>>319357341

It has the best gameplay in the series because you have an insane amount of variety in how you can complete objectives.

Wanna knock someone out? You can choke them out, punch them out, sleep dart them out, drop a supply box on their head to knock them out, etc.

Wanna deal with an attacking tank? You can rocket it, place some C4 on it, lure it into mines, launch an air strike from above to take it out, or simply even run up to it and Fulton it back to Mother Base.

There are metric shit tons of ways to conduct missions. If you play it like any average open world game, you're not going to have a good time or give the game its due diligence in creativity and design.
>>
>>319358405
By the time you are done with it you're gonna WISH nothing happened in the story..

Also, you forgot to mention that it has the dumbest AI in the series not counting MGS1 for obvious reasons. This game has literally no redeeming qualities apart from the controls being nice.
>>
I had fun with MGS5 though it sadly is basically the same the whole way through. The mechanics are enjoyable enough that I spent 90 hours fultoning people and sheep, though.
>>
>>319358889
That's not gameplay, that's the mechanics, engine, controls, etc. Gameplay is a mix of all these things combined with other aspects, like level design.

It doesn't help that the ranking system rewards certain options while penalising others.
>>
>>319357341
>I need constant, heart-pounding action set pieces that only CoD can deliver
>>
>>319357341
nigga youre supposed to be enjoying the 1st chapter because you're guarantee to not having any fun after that
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.