[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We've gotta talk about Psychonauts 2.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: PsychonautsFam.png (117 KB, 493x593) Image search: [Google]
PsychonautsFam.png
117 KB, 493x593
I'm not going to fucking lie, I've had this game for the XBOX since the day it came out, and got it for PC 2 years ago. It's been my favorite game and I've never swayed from that opinion.
When I heard Schafer and his team were starting to dev this game, I quite literally freaked the fuck out.
Spread this shit around, get as many people to fund it as you can.

>inb4 DF is lead by virtua-hitler confaggot, ill wait until commercial release
>>
Fuck off shill faggot
>>
File: eybos.png (182 KB, 341x268) Image search: [Google]
eybos.png
182 KB, 341x268
>>319354581
thx babe, will do
>>
>>319354537

Give me some proof that Schaffer can actually manage all the money that retards throw at him without thinking and I'll consider it.
>>
First was was terrible though
>>
>>319354537
A fool and his money are easily parted
>>
File: kill me now.png (1 MB, 1018x728) Image search: [Google]
kill me now.png
1 MB, 1018x728
Schafer's fall from grace has to be one of the most disheartening things I've ever witnessed. I used to revere this guy as a great artist and a creative genius, and now it's abundantly obvious that he's little more than an arrogant douchebag who doesn't know how to handle money. No wonder he can't get proper investors for his work.
>>
>>319355336
Considering the flops in devving and returns (see Psychonauts almost not existing; Broken Age's broken promises), if DF is willing to learn from their shitfests and change their ways (not a guarantee) considering the new platform, the company's entire future at stake if this project bombs, and the semi-dormant hype for the Psychonauts franchise, I'd say he and his team would be fully willing to cover all their bases in order to not piss the universe off with their shit time/money management.
>>
>>319354537
Ok, let's talk.

I love Psychonauts. I found it to be one of my favorite platformers, and also own it for the original XBox as well as PC.

But Schafer is a fuck. His recent practices are dirty, cheap, and appaling. He steals money from people. He half-asses games with fairly decent concepts and then ditches everything about it.

He's going to make a horribly shitty sequel to what was a great game just to make another quick buck, like he did with everything he's done in the recent past.

Fuck him, and fuck you for not picking up on his bullshit. If you want to give him money, that's your business. But you'll only have yourself to blame when this game comes out and it's complete fucking shit.
>>
Schafer is a faggot and I'm not even going to pirate it.
>>
>>319356031

That's all speculation. For all we know, they could actually just put another crowdfunding up when they run out of money, like they already have.

And DF isn't at stake when they can keep making as much remasters as they want, knowing that they will sell.

I mean, if the big public actually cared about DF's reputation they would have stopped funding him already
>>
>>319355984
>great artist and a creative genius
>arrogant douchebag who doesn't know how to handle money.

You know those two aren't mutually exclusive.
>>
>giving money to tim schafer despite all the reasons to never trust him with money
this is why video games are doomed, people don't fucking learn and will continually throw money at people and business practices that need to fuck off already
>>
>>319356861
I know, but it's still been painful to see a childhood hero fall from grace.
>>
he's probably just going to use all the funding to make more sock puppets to be honest.
>>
with 3.3 mil he couldn't make a decent or complete point and click adventure. What makes you think 3.3 is going to be enough for a full-fledged 3d platformer.
>>
I did really like Psychonauts, but I don't think I can trust Shafer anymore.

Post favorite Psychonauts 1 characters instead. I liked Sasha Nein.
>>
>>319355336
He can manage it by being a founder of Fig and making up the rules as he goes.
>>
>>319357965
the 3.3 million is only part of the funding for the game, they are funding part of it themselves and got money from other sources
>>
File: Luigi.jpg (18 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
Luigi.jpg
18 KB, 500x377
>>319354537
>Open World
>>
>>319354537
>giving schafer more money
literal kek

or more likely just shilling
>>
>>319358454
>got money from other sources
then they don't actually need the crowdfunding and they're just fishing for no-strings-attached money
>>
>>319358301

Ah, yes, forgot about that. No wonder he can push the final date back as much as he wants
>>
File: file.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>319354537
yaeh it totaly worked fine the last THREE time we give money for mister sock puppet man
>>
>>319359353
what the actual fuck? what is an open world plataformer? you don't go into people's mind anymore?
i cannot believe people are actually retarded enough to fund this
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.