[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
File: Skyrim_Cover.jpg (474 KB, 1529x1898) Image search: [Google]
Skyrim_Cover.jpg
474 KB, 1529x1898
What went right?
>>
mods keep it fresh
>>
Mods.
>>
File: RzCap-20140305003613.jpg (882 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
RzCap-20140305003613.jpg
882 KB, 1920x1080
The mod scene is huge and expansive, you can custom tailor your game to suit you perfectly and it'll be totally different from someone else's version
>>
>>319354214
>unskippable intro
>bandits fool you by surrendering then yelling at you to attack again
>can be come archmage in a few missions
>clutter and extras cut specifically for you so you can concentrate on the story
>Zenimax Ceo's wife does AAAAAAA+++++ voice acting
>Confusing stats and numbers taken out.
>reduce roleplay for cinematic experience.
>>
>>319354768
Can't we just talk about Skyrim without shitposting for once
>>
>>319354214
mods
>>
the fun
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (118 KB, 620x676) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
118 KB, 620x676
Best Argonians
>>
It's a fun, easy, immersive, simple game with a cool aesthetic and a comfy aesthetic.

What's not to like? I mean it's not a GOOD game but it is a very entertaining time waster and that's all most people want from their single player games.
>>
>>319356080
No.

Anyway I had fun with Skyrim for the first few hours, roleplaying that I was a returning princess of skyrim destined to reunite everyone to gain independence. Actually had a bit of a trip considering the civil war and all the dragons and shit. Ultimately though the game wasn't robust enough to keep me interested. Leveled loot was a big factor, but also the lack of a legit economy. I wanted to become rich as fuck but there was never any point.
>>
>>319354214
nothing specific
it just wound up being a more polished product than oblivion

maybe they gave a shit a little bit more than last time, hard to tell
>>
File: 1371264275196.png (69 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1371264275196.png
69 KB, 900x900
>>319356689
>argonian husbands
>"I want to live here."
>"It'll be our little nest~"
>>
>>319356998
Man I hate leveled loot and these infinity quests.
>>
>>319357349
It ruins exploration. The whole point of exploring is to find shit outside your level range. You WANT to be game breaking for a little bit. Risk should be rewarded. Instead we get this shit where everything's iron crap with bad enchantments until you reach level XX and suddenly everything's daedric with mediocre enchantments.

It's basically why I only play Morrowind. All these years and I still haven't discovered everything. Hell I still haven't even done the vampire questlines.
>>
>>319357881
As todd said it gives the player too much freedom.

By the way heres a pipe pistol in a pre war chest.
>>
>>319357881
See Skyrim was my first Elder Scrolls game and that bothered me a lot. I thought I would be able to go into a random dungeon on the edge of the map, fight shit way out of league, and somehow walk away with a powerful weapon I can use to break the game for a bit. Instead, everything was junk until I just said fuck it and went full on magic.

Why the hell do you even have the option to pick up shit like pots and pans?
>>
>>319357957
NO, that's a really dumb way of looking at it.

The problem isn't freedom. You're always free to wander into shit you can't handle and die. The problem is the lack of both risk and reward. It's why Demon's Souls is such a great game, too: everything you do in that game is risky as fuck, and even though the rewards aren't always that great, just the thrill of victory is enough reason to keep playing even though you'll die a lot.
>>
>>319357957
>Too much freedom
>In a series where player freedom is central

What has Bethesda been smoking and where can I get some of it?
Also, when are they making another Elder Scrolls Adventures?
>>
Fallout 4 is at least decent in that the act of killing shit in that game is fun. The shooting is serviceable.
Skyrim's combat is just the worst fucking shit. Mods make it better but the shoddy, floaty way these games control lets them only go so far.
>>
>>319358330
>when are they making another Elder Scrolls Adventures?

Probably going to announce it next year when Fallout 4 hype dies down. I'm expecting 2018 or so for The Elder Scrolls: AkaVIr.
>>
The sex mods
>>
>>319358240

picking up random junk is exclusively for decorating your house
>>
>>319354768
>hating on Lynda Carter
>>
File: TESV 2014-03-07 19-19-16-19.jpg (231 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
TESV 2014-03-07 19-19-16-19.jpg
231 KB, 1600x900
>>319354214
Music
Sound design
Art direction
Moddability
>>
File: where'dmydonggo.jpg (56 KB, 604x640) Image search: [Google]
where'dmydonggo.jpg
56 KB, 604x640
The ripping & tearing.

Skyrim is the best title on the market for playing as a werewolf, bar none.
ESPECIALLY with mods.
I surprise myself when I say this, but I'd recommend it in a heartbeat if that's what someone was looking for.
>>
>>319354214
marketing and timing was great
>>
>>319360358
one of the things morrowind did best was have a wide array of junk
there were like 7 different materials for bowls alone
different colored candles, lots of instruments, booze had fancy bottles, there was just a whole lot

they've really neutered hoarding as time went on
>>
>>319358240
>magic
>in skyrim
>an improvement
Holy shit man they are both SHIT, unless you're on PC & modded it on your first go. Just different flavors.
>>
File: cb0parc.png (818 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
cb0parc.png
818 KB, 960x960
>>319360905
And then fallout 4 came along, where I often choose to keep a broken toaster and drop that piece of combat armor legging.
>>
>>319361367
Fucking seriously, this.
My god I'm glad I set up the water farm, (lol FO3 who needs a geck?), I actually have the cash to buy shit now, so I'm not BOTH scrounging for shit AND never have enough shit.
Fuck.
>>
>>319361545
I know that feel.

Once I discovered vegetable starch it was nice to not have to fill up on duct tape and glue.

But I still have to run home every hour or two and drop off a dozen desk fans and ten broken telephones.
>>
>>319361367
yeah, they made clutter "useful", but it's still neutered in regard to decorating houses
>>
>>319361971
For sure.

That mod that unlocks hundreds of new items in building mode is good at least.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.