[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Given the lifecycle of the XBONE and PS4, do you think it wi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: slant.jpg (65 KB, 620x336) Image search: [Google]
slant.jpg
65 KB, 620x336
Given the lifecycle of the XBONE and PS4, do you think it will ever ship with an SSD?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IB8ZyFt-LHc
>>
I doubt it but I would be shocked if the next gen of consoles didn't have an SSD
>>
>>319349897
No. The cost per gigabit is too high and will continue to be too high for any sort of profit margin to be had. Plus everything is going into cloud data anyway.
>>
>>319349897
For what?
An HDD with an SSD chip inside is much more likely.
>>
Not yet. I think the new generation Xbox Ones are shipping with a SSHD Hybrid Drive, but people have done tests showing that Hybrid Drives, or even complete SSDs, do not show any major improvement past a few seconds when it comes to installing games, and almost no improvement at all when it comes to loading said games. Whether this is an issue with the console firmware and not being updated to push the SSD to it's full speed, I dunno.
>>
SSD's are too classy for consoletards.
>>
Can we all agree that SSDs are 95% placebo and modern software doesnt take advantage of it.
>>
>>319351909
They're not placebo at all. The games I have installed on my SSD have much shorter load screen times.
>>
>>319349897

For as long as SSDs are even one penny more expensive than HDDs, console makers will continue to use HDDs.

Hell, even if SSDs were cheaper they might still keep using HDDs so that when the hardware fails, most people buy a new system.
>>
>>319352208
/thread
>>
>>319351909
Confirmed for never having actually used an SSD. Please go back to /g/.

There are benchmarks all over the fucking place, both synthetic and real-world, both program and gaming, that prove SSDs show a marked increase in speed.

A placebo isn't a placebo if it can be proved it has an effect.
>>
Probably not. Consoles have to cut costs everywhere possible. Most people don't even care about this, so it'd be stupid to do it. I could've seen Sony doing it 5-10 years ago, though, back when they were too stupid to think about profit and only cared about making things as good as possible, completely disregarding cost and selling at loss to get the price at an acceptable level.
>>
>>319352415
>>319352176
the amount of time it actually saves is nearly unnoticeable, my 7200rpm HDD literally loads windows in less than 5 seconds. call me when SSDs are cheaper and have more capacity.
>>
>>319352726
Then you must have sweet fuck-all on your computer for a mechanical hard drive to load that fast.

Again, there have been proven results that on an average system, and SSD will decrease load time and increase the general speed of the computer. You can list as many personal anecdotes as you'd like. You are an outlier.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.