[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pic not related I guess I've been a console person since
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1448924342565.png (4 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1448924342565.png
4 KB, 1920x1080
Pic not related I guess
I've been a console person since NES but I want to get into pc gaming, but I have no idea about any of it. I don't know if it's better and cheaper to make your own computer or if it's better to buy, or what works good for running modern games. Please help /v/
>>
Fuck off if you can't use Google than you have no chance at building or even using a pc retard
>>
>>319342846
Then* so mad u made me misspell
>>
>>319342634
Build your own. Check compatibility between your parts. Don't cheap out on your PSU. Intel for processors, AMD for GPU's unless you love being gimped whenever a new series of cards come out.

Intel processors unless you're REALLY tight budgeted.
>>
>>319342972
Well shit fucking dick. Just asking questions
>>
Go to logical increments bro. EZPZ
>>
>>319343174
Thank you for actually helping.
>>
>>319343306
I'll check it out thanks
>>
Go back to leddit you retard
>>
>>319343317
What's your budget?

Don't even consider the GTX960. Always go for gold rated PSU's. Windows 10 can't play some old games (GTA IV). Avoid ASrock whenever you can. Don't invest in k processors if you can't pick a good motherboard. Never buy 4gb versions of mid range cards.

I don't think there's anything else that is important.
>>
>>319342634
Building your own is cheaper and doable even if you've never done anything similar before.
For internal hardware, this is your reference chart:
http://www.logicalincrements.com/

For external hardware, don't be too picky. Pick a good yet affordable monitor and a comfy mouse, preferably with a couple of side buttons. Keyboards don't, I repeat DON'T, make ANY difference. get the first handy $15 shit.

However, if you wanna build your own the path won't be short. You need to put some study into what part to choose and most importantly how to put it all together.
Get the current i5 processor, with a k at the end.

Get the motherboard with the latest chipset, Don't sperg too much on the model, don't get overpriced shit with bullets on it. Gigabyte models tend to be the best in terms of features/price ratio.

As for the card, that's your call. Remeber that after the first couple of years you'll be most likely frowning upon demanding AAA games.

8GB of RAM will do fine. 16 are acceptable but a bit excessive. 32 are useless.

Get a case that has space and is EASY TO WIRE. The wiring is the most difficult part.
DO NOT CUT FUNDS ON the case.

Get a MODULAR PSU. MODULAR. Make sure you can remove the wires you're not using.

Get Windows 7. Don't get 8. Avoid 10 at all costs.

Last but not least, never forget to ask yourself the question:
>am I being a retard?

Do it often when you buy and when you build. Pray your neurons not to make you retarded things i.e. building overpriced garbage or cuttting costs on what makes the computer reliable in the first place. i.e. case and PSU. You don't want shit to wrong because you can't fucking wire or there's no physical space to put things.

For further reference, consult /g/.
>>
>>319344047
This, and also r/buildapc (seriously).
>>
Oh, and for the OS, torrent a win7 one, authenticate it (without paying), and then you can get a legit version of win10 if you want
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.