[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Nioh, a dark, samurai-centric action RPG, will be coming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 5
File: ni-oh_tgs_screen_1.jpg (35 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
ni-oh_tgs_screen_1.jpg
35 KB, 800x450
>Nioh, a dark, samurai-centric action RPG, will be coming to the west exclusively for the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system. Nioh has been in development under the direction of Kou Shibusawa, Hisashi Koinuma, and Team Ninja.

>In Nioh, players will traverse war-torn Japan as William, a blonde-haired swordsman whose background as a fierce warrior and seasoned knowledge of the blade allows him to survive in the demon-plagued land of the samurai. Known as Yokai, these demons inhabit a number of dangerous locations and lie in wait in the shadows to ambush unsuspecting victims. Players will also face off with other samurai in supernatural sword battles and intense, multi-target engagements offering a level of difficulty that will truly test even the most hardened samurai’s skills, patience, and strategy.

>Offering a deep and original storyline that takes place during the Warring States Period of Japanese history alongside strategic sword-fighting action, Nioh will challenge players in a way that makes every mission and accomplishment feel earned and worthwhile. More information on this comprehensive, action-packed RPG experience will be released in the coming months.

High hopes for OnimuSouls, /v/?
>>
>team ninja

They haven't made a quality game since ng 2.

I'm worried.
>>
cautiously optimistic.

the combat looks like it should feel as deliberate as the souls games but with quick bursts of violence.
>>
File: niohscreens3-1024x576.jpg (159 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
niohscreens3-1024x576.jpg
159 KB, 1024x576
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuY6R-iF3XU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W65l-F1HN-w
>>
it's actually a "console debut"
>>
>>319340160
This was the press release Koei-Tecmo released today, no doubt it an attempt to smooth over Twitter after forums and imageboards tacked on to the "console debut" thing.
>>
>>319340352
I could see it coming to PC. I don't think Sony is funding it in anyway.
>>
Assuming the final product has the same gameplay and atmosphere as the trailer and it isn't only 5 hours long, it's a no brainer for me. The game is gonna rock.
>>
>>319340594
Yeah, I'd wouldn't be surprised if it gets a PC release a year or two after the PS4 version, considering the Souls games do pretty well on Steam. Though in the unlikely event it's a runaway success, Sony might throw some bags with a dollar sign on it to KT and lock them down to legit exclusivity and commission a sequel.

"Console debut" is undoubtedly just KT keeping their options open. As an idort, I don't really mind either way
>>
>>319340936
They said they're aiming to make it fairly long, so I think you'll be okay in that regard, it won't be 10 hours like Lords of the Fallen.
>>
>>319338051
>NG2
>quality game

I lost my patience with NG2 somewhere around running into my 200th ninja with a rapid-fire rocket launcher
>>
The reveal trailer was good I'll give them that, but without oatmeal face team ninja has been absolute shit

They'll have to win me over
>>
Looks nice. Seems faster-paced and more aesthetically interesting than something like the Souls series for me. As someone that doesn't find the Souls games all that interesting I think the more typical Team Ninja-y elements are enough to make the difference.

Who knows how it will turn out, but the trailer makes a strong enough case.
>>
File: mn.png (27 KB, 404x353) Image search: [Google]
mn.png
27 KB, 404x353
>>319341973
Get good
>>
>>319342808
Well, did you like Onimusha?
>>
>William

Fucks sake..
>>
>>319340594
It was announced as a ps3 exclusive years ago then wasn't heard of again until now. I feel like Sony might be the reason why it even came back in the first place.
>>
>>319337928
>tba 2016

motto of a majority of the ps4 library
>>
>weeb souls
>>
>>319337928
Is this just Dark Souls with Ninjas? Really feels like that's what they're going for.
>>
Why does he look like Geralt?
>>
>>319337928
Looks like Onimusha, Dark Souls, and Ninja Gaiden had a threesome and game birth to this game. Looking forward to it.
>>
>>319347672
He's supposedly based off of an actual english explorer who visited Japan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Adams_%28sailor%29
>>
>>319337928
>team ninja
Nope.
>>
>>319348035
>Dark Souls

Demon's Souls
>>
>>319337928
>William, a blonde-haired swordsman
Goddamn westaboo shit
>>
>>319337928
So, it's basically a more-violent, less-sexual Sengoku Rance?
>>
>white samurai

Fucking dropped so hard
>>
>>319350084
>>319349756
>>319349756
See >>319348314
>>
I like how people think Sony is losing an exclusive when Jap games are ported. They are exclusive by default because Jap developers have no reason to develop for Xbone there's only like 5,000 sold in Japan.
>>
>>319350716
>PC
>>
I have very high hopes the gameplay looks good and the story might be better than the pants on head retarded shit they did with NG2 and 3.

With RE it seems Team Ninja finally learned their lesson after sigmas fuck ups and 3. I just hope the gameplay is as good as it looks a slower souls esque game with hint of Onimusha and Ninja Gaiden without azuna drop spam.
>>
>>319349638
Same thing.
>>
>Can't be a grill
Drolped
>>
>>319337928
>>In Nioh, players will traverse war-torn Japan as William, a blonde-haired swordsman whose background as a fierce warrior and seasoned knowledge of the blade allows him to survive in the demon-plagued land of the samurai.

This inferiority complex the Japanese has is simply pathetic.
>>
I never got to play any Onimusha games when I was younger. It's there a way for me to play any of them?
>>
>>319337928
Looks like Witcher 3: Weeb Edition. Is this coming to PC?
>>
>>319350982
Guess who's buying it?
>>
>>319350982

>>319348314
>>
>>319350830
Sigmas were just fine. NG3 was total garbage.
>>
>>319351104
No idea how they emulate, but they're all cheap and common as hell on eBay if you want physical copies. You can pick them all up for about a tenner each.
>>
>action RPG

But /v/ was so convinced this game is the next Ninja Gaiden because it's from Team Ninja?
/v/ said this game looks nothing like an RPG and definitely isn't clearly influenced by Onimusha or Souls?
>>
>>319351149
No one really knows at this stage, but naturally the fact it's unknown pre-release means shitposters from both sides will come out of the woodwork en masse.
>>
>>319351514
They use the term "RPG" for everything as long as it has an experience system.

What do you expect from people who call Dark Souls an RPG?
>>
Why do people even keep mentioning Koinuma, he's just a producer.
>>
>>319337928
>exclusively for the PlayStation 4
Well that puts that to rest then. For now.
>>
>>319337928
I thought this was going to be more like ninja gaiden. Now it looks like it will be more like a souls clone. Not sure if i like that.
>>
i always wondered what a Souls game that didn't control like shit would be like, i'm excited.
>>
>>319352030
They already made it and called it Bloodborne.
>>
>>319351658

>Dark souls
>Not RPG

lmfao

i am curious about what you define as RPG. Please go ahead.
>>
Release date?

I don't care about it if its fucking July or some shit
>>
File: je.png (117 KB, 1024x749) Image search: [Google]
je.png
117 KB, 1024x749
>>319349756
>see a light haired dude with a sword
>is dis widcher? :DDD
>>
>>319352420
[LELELELE MUSIC INTENSIFIES]
>>
>>319352202
that still looked like it relied on cheap "difficulty" like animation locks. Nioh looks smooth, fluid, every action you take is swift and deliberate instead of clumsily locking you in animations or stuns.
>>
>>319352503
If you want a fair action game, honestly don't go with modern TN.

Actually, don't go with old TN either. Their only balanced game is the original NG.
>>
Looked like a Bloodborne/Witcher crossover at first glance.
>>
>>319351149
Witcher 3 is shit though. This might turn out good.
>>
>>319352420
wrong post
meant for >>319351149
>>
Onimusha Souls. Might not suck. Probably will suck, but might not suck.
>>
>>319337928
>Weebs are not trying to copy the GOTY's character

L
M
A
O

SONYNIGGERS
>>
>>319352658
i have a friend who's an action game savant so i'll probably wait for her to play it and see what she thinks. she likes the Souls games too so i'll see how it compares to that.
>>
>>319353017
Reminder that Nioh was first revealed in 2004
Then re-revealed in 2006
It was put on ice until 2010
It was finally restarted in 2012 and revealed in 2015

People are getting hype for an 11 year old game trapped in development hell that even Koei Tecmo couldn't bring themselves to release. It was originally made to be a launch PS3 game. Expectations and hype should be very, very tempered.
>>
>>319353618

They probably wanted to make a ARPG, but didn't know how. Then Demon/Dark Souls came along, so they decided to copy that.

I don't think this game will turnout to be very good. They should have just made a Ninja Gaiden clone.
>>
This game looks great, too bad I don't own a quad

Japanese mythology is really cool and not in many games to this level
>>
Is Onimusha worth emulating?

Looks like DMC - Resident Evil with an action focus.
>>
>>319353618
Wait, seriously? Fuck.
>>
>>319353232
Is your friend AccountingNightmare?
>>
File: community_image_1404644250.jpg (100 KB, 811x456) Image search: [Google]
community_image_1404644250.jpg
100 KB, 811x456
>>319337928
Looks familiar...
>>
>>319357024
Wither 3 at least shows that devs are growing out of the "spam specular highlights to fake detail" phase of pretending videogame graphics have improved to any meaningful degree.
>>
>>319357024
Wait a minute...

I recognize that tatoo!
>>
>>319357259
Chromatic aberration is the new specular
>>
>>319356453
That's exactly correct, try it out. It's pretty moody.
>>
>>319358497
At least specular highlights didn't hurt to look at. I'd compare CA more to Bloom Bukkakes.
>>
>>319358983
It still fakes detail at a glance due to image being split in 3
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.