[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've never played any of these. is it worth getting them all?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: masseffect.jpg (34 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
masseffect.jpg
34 KB, 460x215
I've never played any of these. is it worth getting them all?
>>
>>319333774

Sure. I'll bet you'll hate the first game, absolutely love the second, and not see what people dislike about the third.
Have at it, ma'boy!
>>
First is a great RPG with action elements.

Second is a great action game with RPG elements.

Third game improves the combat of the second but map design makes every fight hilariously easy due to corridor syndrome.
>>
>>319333774

Fuck yes, easily the best RPG series in gaming. Each on was consistently good even the third albiet shit ending and all.

Install the Happy ending mod for ME3 for a more satisfying conclusion, torrent all the DLCs (because cancerous business) and enjoy one of the most epic Sci Fi stories in gaming

ME2 > ME1 = ME3
>>
>>319333774
Yeah you should play the series.

There wasn't any other game ending that made as mad as ME3's ending but that's because I really enjoyed the ride there and the world and characters.
>>
damn you guys got me excited.

are there any mods or whatever I need?
>>
>>319335313
Go entirely vanilla first time
>>
>>319334003
circle of confusion tier stuff?
>>
I'm still waiting for ME3
>>
>>319335458
alright.

what about texture mods or anything like that? is the PC port actually good?

I'm also wondering if I should get this through origin or steam.

sorry for all the questions.
>>
>>319335829
Pirate it, don't give money to Bioware for fuck's sake.

There's a texture mod that fixes some issues in ME1 that you should get but that's it. And yeah, get it on PC.
>>
>>319336061
I'm old and stupid, anon. I don't like to pirate stuff anymore.
>>
>>319335829
ME1 on PC is hilariously unoptimized and it doesn't run well, ME2 and ME3 are god tier optimized however and run very well even on toasters.

You can probably buy the entire trilogy on Origin for cheap, they often have sales and it'll tend to drop from like 30 to only 15$, which is pretty good, or often down to 7$ individually. The DLC for 2 and 3 is almost a must but that's another discussion to be had.
>>
>>319335313

YES, see >>319334135

Get the happy ending Mod for ME3, gameplay wise the game has no glaring flaws that need fixed through mods so vanilla is fine but the ME3 ending seriously needs some polish, hence the mod.

>>319335829

Honestly no, the game surprisingly looks fine, even the first one and personally I would torrent the games, Bioware sold out (and they're rich as fuck anyway) and the DLCs are all bullshit.

I recently pirated the whole trilogy with the DLC, no regrets
>>
>>319336176
Do it faggot, it will make you feel young again.
>>
>>319336201

>ME1 on PC is hilariously unoptimized and it doesn't run well

What? My torrented version runs flawlessly fully maxed out? 980 + 4690K for reference.

BUt seriously, OP, get ready for a fucking great experience, ME1 might be a bit rough due to how clunky it feels mechanically due to tis age but ME2 and ME3 handle flawlessly.
>>
>>319336356
I played the trilogy on a toaster after having spent years on them on 360, ME1 can have a lot of stutter but 2 and 3 are incredibly stable even on weaker machines
>>
>>319336450

Eh, i've heard about issues with ME1s optimization as well, not doubting you, I just haven't experienced any but I do have a beefy rig so that could be why
>>
>>319333774
play the first game and then pretend it was never approved to get a sequel.
>>
is this the HD pack you guys recommend?

http://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect/mods/1/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fmasseffect%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D1&pUp=1
>>
>>319336739

BUt the sequel is the best one anon
>>
>>319336356
>DUDE my 1000$ machine runs a game from 2007 great, dunno what you're talking about LMAO

Just end yourself.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.