[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anyone else looking forward to Final Fantasy XV much more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3
File: 2668179-key_art.jpg (2 MB, 2538x1080) Image search: [Google]
2668179-key_art.jpg
2 MB, 2538x1080
Is anyone else looking forward to Final Fantasy XV much more than they are looking forward to Final Fantasy 7R? Remakes are cancerous 2bh
>>
damn that looks comfy.

I should get friends.
>>
File: 1449517260235.jpg (4 MB, 3840x5400) Image search: [Google]
1449517260235.jpg
4 MB, 3840x5400
Yeah, I played FF7 already. Unless there's a big amount of changes and an entirely new vision, I don't care about it. And since they can't even dare to change the music, I have no more hope left.

It also look far uglier than XV in every single ways
>>
I hope XV comes out to PC, I'd play the fuck out of it.

Couldn't give less of a shit about 7, I already played that game decades ago, not interested in playing the same shit again.
>>
I'm interested in Final Fantasy 15, I checked out of Final Fantasy at 13 and never bothered going to 14-2 or 14-3 because I just wanted that world and those characters to fuck off already.

Making 15 the Final Fantasy version of a drive-across movie with four weird guys makes for a legitimately interesting and possibly cool change of pace.

And yeah, fuck the 7 Remake and fuck everyone who asked for it. It truly is a shame, a gigantic waste of resources in treading old ground again.
>>
>>319330982

>Is anyone else looking forward to Final Fantasy XV much more than they are looking forward to Final Fantasy 7R?
Not really. Not looking forward to either one. Only SquareEnix series that still interests me is Dragon Quest. Dragon Quest XI looks better than both games by far.

>Remakes are cancerous 2bh
Not when they're done well. FInal Fantasy just can't do them well since they don't actually improve anything.
>>
>>319334749
>Dragon Quest
>>
As long as 15 comes out on PC, I'll play it.
>>
>>319335682

That is indeed what he said.
>>
>>319330982
The port to the ps4 removes any anticipation that I had for the remake. Final Fantasy has not been enjoyable to me since the PS2 release though. It might have been bad before but that was when I was a teenager and realized how cringey a lot of the stuff in FFX was. I can still enjoy the older ones due to rose tinted glasses.
>>
>>319335849
Dragon Quest went down the shitter years ago.
>>
>>319336408

How so? If anything, Dragon Quest got better after the merger. By keeping to its roots while also adding lots of new content.

Final Fantasy is the series that fell apart. By giving its fans the finger and making everything into an ARPG.
>>
I am. Looks fun. And it's just one game.
>>
>>319330982
Not really looking forward to either of them. XV just looks awful.
>>
>>319336767
Seriously now
>>
>>319336687

>And it's just one game.
For now. Just wait until it comes out and sells half as much as expected. Then SquareEnix rushes out FFXV-2 and FFXV: Gackt Returns.
>>
Episode 2.0 was pretty nice. We got a dodge roll, you can alter attack animations by using the analog stick during auto-combo. Can't wait to see how magic applies into this system and how they redo summons to not be broken.

Also, the fact abilities are tied to weapons really gives me the idea of really hidden and cool weapons with unique abilities. Basically Ultimate-weapons for each weapon type Noctis can use
>>
>>319336585
final fantasy never had a good turn based combat system to begin with so the change is fine
>>
>>319337041
Is the battle system deep enough or you just mash hit things until they die?
>>
>>319330982
15 mostly because I already beat the original 7 and 15 has a much more interesting world still going to get both of them
>>
i am .they are trying to make a classic final fantasy in a seamless 1:1 huge world, and this is super exciting. no one is doing something like this in the industry, even FF7Re
>>
>>319337310

I'dargue that FFVI and X were decent. Not as good as most other turn based series, but still worthy of playing.

But even with most of the turn based games not being good, that still doesn't make the change to ARPG a good thing. If the ARPG engines were actually good, then it would be an improvement. Instead, they went from a mediocre turn based RPG series to a mediocre ARPG series.
>>
>>319337408
you need to dodge pretty often otherwise your mp will drop and they gang up on you
>>
>>319337408
>>319337408
Hard to say right now. There are weapon types missing, you currently can't real-time weapon swap unlike the final game, no magic system in place.

It plays really well and they have been listening to feedback. They are planning a second, finish-combat system demo for early 2016.
>>319337595
They added a dodge roll which takes no MP but you have to time it. Also they changed the current hold-to-dodge to have actual animations when dodging. Really nice.
>>
>>319337527

>they are trying to make a classic final fantasy in a seamless 1:1 huge world
Who is? Certainly not Final Fantasy XV. Aside from some chocobos and summons, what does it have in common with older FF games?

>no one is doing something like this in the industry
Except the other major RPG series in SquareEnix.
>>
>>319337757
are any of the older final fantasy games ever alike aside from the combat systems
>>
>>319337757
>Who is? Certainly not Final Fantasy XV. Aside from some chocobos and summons, what does it have in common with older FF games?

i fucking huge world for us to travel, different than others open world games that are backtracking fest
>>
>>319337757
Did you even played any other FF games?
>>
>>319337875

>are any of the older final fantasy games ever alike aside from the combat systems
Yes. Especially in plot triggers and characters. And the ubiquitous character deaths. And FFI-V also are in a medieval setting, though with obvious scifi detours near the end of each game.

I'm not saying they're exactly the same. But nothing about FFXV looks anything like the old games. In setting, design, combat or anything. They even went out of their way to make Cid a girl.
>>
>>319330982
Played the demo
Made me more impatient

Most of us already played FF7, we know the story, the plottwists and stuff
I think that's normal if we look forward to FF15 more especially since FF7 will be cut in "pls buy the season pass" episodes
>>
>>319338213

>i fucking huge world for us to travel
Older FF games having an open world was a very minor thing. It was an open world, but with set progression and plot triggers. And very few (if any) side quests off the main story path. And we have yet to see if FFXV does the same. If FFXV has such a huge world, but dictates to you where to go, then it'll be the perfect example of a game that shouldn't have an open world.

>different than others open world games that are backtracking fest
So you want an open world game with set locations and progression? Why even have an open world game at all? After the first couple hours, it'll just become a chore to 'explore'. Just like it is in Final Fantasy XIV. Huge open areas...but nothing in them except set quests.
>>
>>319338298
someone post that comparison pic of FFXV and VII
>>
who else has a job and planning on getting both?
>>
>>319338625
>So you want an open world game with set locations and progression?
yep. all the classics FF are like this. you travel trough the world in a linear fashion, unlocking some side activities, but in the end the whole world is unlock to opitional quests. they did this with FFXII and the game is great
>>
>>319338298
well there are nobles in this game and the monsters look like they were based on designs from the older games also I might be wrong but isnt Cindy cids daughter or something?
>>
New footage probably in 12 days at Comic Fiesta.
>>
>>319338970

Which means the world being open doesn't aid gameplay in any way. Its just a barrier until the end of the game when you get the airship/specific NPC that unlocks side quests. And then you go back to the areas you already 'explored' to do set quests.

The world could be totally linear like in FFX or XIII and it wouldn't change anything.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVG_kPPX4R0
>>
>>319339464
it add to the atmosphere. the game is a road trip , it doesnt make sense you walk 5 min and arrive at a new kingdom. and you travel by car so the world must be big, like xenoblade x has a huge world for you to travel by mecha
>>
>>319339835

>it add to the atmosphere. the game is a road trip , it doesnt make sense you walk 5 min and arrive at a new kingdom.
Which is kind of what I was pointing out. But even on a real life road trip, there's hundreds of locations and events to see before you get to your destination. If FFXV is just 'follow the road to the next red dot', then it'll be even more empty and boring than a real life roadtrip. Let alone bad for a game.

If Dragon Quest VIII on PS2 could have hundreds of events on the overworld, why can't a FF game?

>and you travel by car so the world must be big, like xenoblade x has a huge world for you to travel by mecha
But that's exactly my point. Xenoblade had tons of stuff to find on the overworld beyond just going to the next cutscene. Which is what an open world game should do. If FFXV doesn't do this, then it might as well just be corridors leading to the next cutscene like FFXIII.
>>
>>319340381
there will be side quests and stuff to do in the world. like FFXII, it will unlock as you progress the story. it wont be just travell and do story missions
>>
>>319340762

Final Fantasy has a nasty habit of leaving 90% of the optional content until the end of the game. Making you backtrack to areas you already fully explored to capture a monster or talk to some random NPC who wasn't there before. When it should allow you to do those things along the way through the main story.
>>
I don't care about FF7 at all, desu
>>
>>319342580

FFVII is one of the games I dislike the most. Played it four times and each time, I can't get through the mess that is Disk 2.

That said, it has tons of potential and it COULD be made good. But nothing that has been announced yet seems to indicate SquareEnix is fixing the story and flow of the game. If anything, they're going to Advent Children up the story bad. And break it up into installments. Its gonna be the biggest mess since The Hobbit movies.
>>
>>319342982
I wanted to like it, but I couldn't. Same for almost all SRPGs. Also, modern Square Enix is shit, so there's no way they'll make a good remake.
>>
>>319343240

>Also, modern Square Enix is shit
Pretty much just the FF teams are shit. Armor Project is still the best team they have. Tri Ace is still there. Masato Kato, when they actually allow him to do something, is still good. The Nier team is hit or miss, but still better than the FF teams.

Its literally just Nomura, Toriyama and Matrix who are killing their company.
>>
When is XV fucking coming out to PC?
>>
Don't make me say it
>>
>>319344307
N_V_R
>>
>>319345871
E___
>>
>>319345871
>>319346709
November?
That's not too bad of a wait
>>
>>319348264
>Noverembe
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.