[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the last third is out, what went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Starcraft2-logo.jpg (74 KB, 1417x742) Image search: [Google]
Starcraft2-logo.jpg
74 KB, 1417x742
Now that the last third is out, what went wrong?
>>
>>319330896
Blizzard meddling with balance the whole time

Blizzard ignoring SC:BW and ruining the beloved SC1 characters with every bit more
>>
Its too stressful and gives people anxiety. Also the learning curve is too steep
>>
cheesy dialogue
>>
The story is the only major flaw.
>>
>>319330896
it was great best blizzard game ever
>>
File: Happen to be an expert.png (208 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Happen to be an expert.png
208 KB, 500x500
What went wrong:
>Battlenet 0.2
>no clans for a long time, not automatically placed into chatrooms
>Custom game scene effectively killed off from the start by making only the most popular maps viewable
>Story being retarded
>Characters being ruined (Mengst went from a calculating cold hearted manipulative villain to a saturday morning cartoon)
>not casual enough for todays moba market

What went right:
>the unit designs
>the single player mission design
>game is very skill intensive and fast paced
>the ladder in general is great
>>
The story had potential.
Wings of Liberty wasnt that bad in my opinion.

Yes: The end of Wings, Jim riding with Kerrigan into the sunset was very cliché but hey besides that it was o.k..
But the 2nd addon was just horrible,horrible story telling. Worst i've ever seen mayhaps.

The third couldnt save that anymore. Dont mind the happy end since i've waited like 15 years for it but still couldnt save the trainwreck which was Heart of the Swarm.
>>
File: TheFrozenThrone.jpg (25 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
TheFrozenThrone.jpg
25 KB, 400x300
>>319333851
>What went wrong:
>>Battlenet 0.2
>>no clans for a long time, not automatically placed into chatrooms
>>Custom game scene effectively killed off from the start by making only the most popular maps viewable

When the first episode was released, I had a group of about 30 people I regularly played wc3 with ready to migrate. All the aspects above made it seem way inferior to the 10 year old warcraft 3, so noone was willing to switch anymore. Luckily.
>>
>>319330896
Starbow is better

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/304955-starbow
>>
Macro. Macro everywhere.
>>
Metzen had complete creative control

They tried to build it from the ground up to be interesting to watch, which is why they increased the macro element, because they wanted bigger battles. This ended up fucking with everything.

That's about it really.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.