[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a /v/-approved list of mobile games? Reviews on the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 12
File: unnamed.png (77 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
77 KB, 300x300
Is there a /v/-approved list of mobile games? Reviews on the Play store are useless. Literally every game has a 4.5 unless it's totally broken. I just got FFRK because I heard it was good. What other games are good? No money-pit games though. I'm fine dropping $10 on a good game.
>>
>>319327047
I'm playing Clockmaker in free time, 15 minute bus rides erry day.

It's pretty much worthless trash pay-to-win shit that has limited number of attempts at a RNG based game.

two weeks made me a buddha to be honest, there are things man isn't meant to achieve
>>
Anything that isn't a rhythm game, I have found little to no enjoyment in for mobile trash, including FFRK.
>>
>>319327047
Marvel: Future Fight is pretty decent.

Lots of grindable shit with little to no need for P2W. Also, the developers have their share of based moments
>>
The Battle Cats
>>
>>319327047
Terra Battle is pretty fun and easy on people that don't want to spend money
Dragon Heroes(yes, a very generic name) is a decent shmup and pretty generous, should entertain you for a whole
>>
>>319327047
For some reason FFRK refuses to download anything over wifi, what's up with that?
>>
>>319327047
Just get an emulator. I played Chrono Trigger and Metroid on my phone, much better than mobile games imo.
>>
>>319329863
Idk dude. I only downloaded the app over LTE so far.
>>
>>319329863
How queer. It ran just fine on my end while I still played.

Had to stop because I realized I had to rely on an unfortunate clutch just to make any sort of progress, even with the equipment I had.
>>
The World Ends WIth You is the only game I enjoy on Android.

Trial Frontier was decent but it's another piece of shit that needs an internet connection.
>>
>>319330519
Twewy mobile is better than the original imo
>>
>>319330712
No
>>
>>319327047
The Kairosoft games are good (even though they are mostly all very similar). Game Dev and the Ramen one are my favourites.

Pixel Dungeon is okay too.

If you're in to board games Talisman also has a good mobile port.

That's probably about all i'd recommend, if you really want to play games on the go a portable system is a better choice.
>>
>>319330519
don't try to get people to buy the android version because it doesn't boot up on modern devices and will never be patched
>>
>>319330850
Objectively, it is.
>>
>>319331397
>android
There's your problem
>>
>>319330850
They're equivalent. Gameplay-wise, it misses on the original meaning of relying on others, but at the same time it's not like it could have worked without button peripheral. Soundtrack is fantastic in the mobile version.

>>319331397
You are wrong.
>>
If you like rhythm games, try Deemo or Cytus
>>
>>319331460
"Objectively", no
>>
File: stonekids.jpg (788 KB, 1000x1359) Image search: [Google]
stonekids.jpg
788 KB, 1000x1359
Terra Battle is one of the only ones that didn't try to jew me and had decent gameplay
>>
>>319331823
It's played using far more accuracy touch screens, sperglord.

Objectively doesn't need quotes. It's fact. It's on better hardware and it's primary method of bein played is more precise
>>
>Heavensward
>Deemo
>Cytus
Off the top of my head

I haven't tried this one, but this looks promising >>319332138
>>
>>319327047
Just emulate stuff. Turn based games preferably.
>>
>>319331397
Here's another screenshot from the unbootable game since you asked so kindly.
>>
>>319331397
You pirated it wrong senpai
>>
>>319332396
>Heavensward
the MMO? How would that work on mobile?
>>
File: pad2.jpg (54 KB, 259x389) Image search: [Google]
pad2.jpg
54 KB, 259x389
Puzzle & Waifu
Play at your own pace, lots of freebies. Able to play Non IAP, it's just slower
>>
>>319333575
>rolling anything outside of godfest is impossible and you only get a gem per day and for beating a stage
Also, juggler
>>
>>319330045
>metroid w touch controls

You must have the patience of a saint. I just switched to an iPhone cause I'm a dumbass, any emulators on it that don't require a jailbreak?

As for OP just play hearthstone
>>
>>319328041
I didn't mind FFRK much until I had a boatload of level 40-50 characters, varied equipment with a whole bunch of great 5 stars, and all the mandatory abilities.
I could auto-battle through almost entire events, save for the last 4 hard missions or so.

It's a decent game but it just loses the pizazz it has quickly. At least it's generous as fucking shit with diamonds. So many relic pulls.
>>
>>319327047
Just get a fucking emulator.
>>
>>319329437
>Terra Battle
For some reason this shit's incompatible with my s5 mini.
What's up with that? Fucking christ I just want some casual garbage to play from time to time.
>>
Hard mode: Windows Phone games.
Seriously, I got some emulators and that's it
>>
Why are there so few good rhythm games?
>>
The only game I have on my phone is organ trail.
>>
>>319334424
It's most likely not released in your country. Just download the .apk from somewhere.
>>
>>319327047
Monster Hunter Explore is fun.
>>
Shadow Fight 2 is very good although it's P2W.

P2W just means git gud if the game itself doesn't have fucked grinding.
>>
The Chaos Rings series, the thing is they are expensive, I'd only advise buying them when they are on sale. The games have no microtransactions since they are basically fully fledged JRPGs with the third having the most content.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TaRJFRP84g
>>
>>319327047
I got you, spent dozens of hours looking for the best mobile games

Ridiculous fishing

pewpew

hoplite has endless depth

Sorcery! series is phenomenal

ALONE

Siralim aint bad, its free until level 20 where you then have to pay to unlock the full game. its a monster collection game with plenty of mechanics to wrap your head around

sproggiwood is a casual roguelike that, even though its not a good roguelike it is still an excellent game and very good as far as mobile games go.

desert golfing is amazing. I'm on hole 15,903. its that fun.
>>
>>319336992
It's no problem man. Play Store bux are easy to come by. $50 alone from doing surveys. $25 more came with my phone.
>>
File: happy_merchant[1].png (789 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
happy_merchant[1].png
789 KB, 1280x720
>>319337459
How much time did that take?
>>
>>319327047
I really like the sorcery series.
>>
>>319337858
A year...
>>
>>319338137
>>
>>319334820
Elder god hard tier: blackberry
>>
>>319337307
oh id like to mention that you can obtain ALONE, sorcery1, KOTOR 1 on amazon underground for free.
>>
File: Thoth and Sopdet get.jpg (120 KB, 576x1024) Image search: [Google]
Thoth and Sopdet get.jpg
120 KB, 576x1024
>>319333759
I always save my gems for godfests/events with interesting monsters

I got these fuckers from the halloween one and it's my go-to using light and dark prong attack team (nothing really amazing, but they all have prong attack). The 5 second orb time is a huge crutch I just can't let go and I have a shitload of friends with the same monster so, even more time.
>>
>>319340282
Is th game doing anything decent now to make it easier for newbies? Any Christmas event or something?
Also can you finally tier your account to google account so you don't fucking lose it because the app decides to stop working and you have to reinstall it and lose everything?
Also are there still hacked apks with godmode?
>>
>>319339098
H-hope you l-like b-b-breakout clones
>>
File: Awoken Isis.jpg (122 KB, 640x383) Image search: [Google]
Awoken Isis.jpg
122 KB, 640x383
>>319340604
There's almost always some kind of streaming event going on where they give you a magic gem daily.

Starting out you'll be relying on your leader to do 99% of your damage, so you're best resetting if your first free pull is garbage.

Your free pull uses whatever REM shit is around so if there's a godfest going on, that's a good time to do resets until you get a godfest exclusive.
>>
File: Awoken Kenshiro.jpg (110 KB, 640x383) Image search: [Google]
Awoken Kenshiro.jpg
110 KB, 640x383
>>319341080
Oh and if there's other special event REMs going on you can do those for your free pull too. Like right now there's a fist of the north star collab with its own REM
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.