[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck did the Brotherhood blow it up instead of capturing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2
File: Mobile_Base_Crawler.jpg (129 KB, 1022x730) Image search: [Google]
Mobile_Base_Crawler.jpg
129 KB, 1022x730
Why the fuck did the Brotherhood blow it up instead of capturing it and using it for their own?
>>
>>319303609
Because Bethesda is fucking awful at writing, this isn't a new thing for them
>>
>>319303609

Because it just works
>>
Fucking stupid as shit. Even if they wanted to destroy all the tech, having a massive underground base would have been nice.
>>
Bethesda BoS are all about blowing up tech that isn't theirs.
>>
Same reason they nuked the institute.

Literally nigger/raider tier logic of "IF I CANT HAVE IT NO ONE CAN WAAAH"
>>
>>319303609
You can tell this is Fallout 4 because there's no green filter on it.
>>
It had nuclear launch capability, thats too dangerous even for the Brotherhood and exactly the kind of thing their order seeks to keep out of the wrong hands. It was mobile too. It was basically Metal Gear.

Missed opportunity for postgame quests to have them dismantle the satcom arrays, since they can launch nukes too, as well as that one place that has nukes literally sitting on racks unused and definitely not damaged like Megaton's nuke sitting out in the open.

You should have been able to get an instant bad end for blowing up that warehouse, theres like 20 or more bombs in there, more than enough to blow the fuck out of half the capital wasteland
>>
But they did! Lore in fallout 4™ tells us that they used it to repair the Prydwen, and they are using its power source to power the airship. Bethesda says that the brotherhood used to have a whole fleet of airships that were destroyed so they revelled in the opportunity to repair the prydwen.
>fact check me, I swear I'm not making it up
>>
>>319303609
I thought haircut said they built the airship from enclave scrap? Isn't that this?
>>
>>319305464
>the brotherhood used to have a whole fleet of airships
Fallout Tactics is canon!
CANON!
>>
Does it even matter?
They establish all of the brotherhood's lore, motivations and beliefs only to throw them all out the window to build a nuke-shooting transformer.
Bethesda writing at it's best.
>>
>>319303609
Wait, this pic is from Fallout 4 and not Borderlands? The first one?
>>
File: 1446518709426.jpg (33 KB, 480x488) Image search: [Google]
1446518709426.jpg
33 KB, 480x488
>>319303609
because DUDE EXPLOSIONS LMAO
>>
>>319306190
It's from Fallout 3
>>
nothing in this game makes sense
the brotherhood and the insitute actually share a common goal but both partys fail too realise this.

even when you are put as the head of the insitute you have nothing to say in it.

>maybe we can find another way
>nuhuh the brotherhood has to die
>>
>>319305767
Isn't it? I thought it was.
>>
>>319307571
Some of the major events are. The timeframe and most of the side content/minor details aren't
>>
What use would they have for a NASA launch vehicle?
>>
They didn't think it was possible to capture. You're portrayed as an infiltrator who's sneaking in to sabotage this place because it's too heavily fortified to take over.

The story completely ignores that you're a one-man army that can kill every last soldier in the base.
>>
>>319305767
>>319307571
Tactics is semi-cannon, only what Bethesda specifically notes as cannon is cannon.
but who cares really, Tactics was a shit game, on par with BOS
>>
>>319307743
They could scrap it for parts, use it as a mobile base, make a new settlement, convert it into a flying base (crazy, but dumber things have happened), etc..

Literally anything would have been better than blowing it or the Institute up.
>>
>>656077703
Because the BoS only collects tech that they understand. They didn't understand the institute's tech so they destroyed it and all the people who do understand it. They're a bunch of idiots with a superiority complex. Lyons was the only good elder in a long time
>>
>>319305115
Meanwhile in FO4 the Brotherhood has you raid and secure a stockpile of nuclear weaponry.
>>
>>319309229
>Tactics was a shit game

Only idiots think this. Yes it has less dialogue but it focuses on combat and gameplay, which is vastly superior to that in FO1-2. It was never designed as FO3, so judging it as such and not a spin-off is fucking stupid.
>>
>>319305115
>Implying Bethesda BoS hate nukes

A gigantic retarded mecha that throws an unlimited number of nuclear footballs would like to have a word with you about freedom.
>>
>>319303609
Why would the brotherhood blow up the institute instead of capturing it and using it for their own? Especially when as the director of the institute you can just wait until father dies and present it to them with a neat bow.

Answer is who cares about realism or logic in post apocalyptic world with talking mutants and ghouls xD
>>
>>319303609
Why didn't the Brotherhood do anything about Highwater Trousers

They occupied the Pentagon, they probably knew it was there
>>
>>319311907
Bethesda needs to do 3 things
>use a new engine
>work on the animations
>hire new writers

If they do that, their games could actually become genuinelly great.
>>
>>319303609
Because EXPLOSIONS DUUUUUDE
>>
>>319305115
>It had nuclear launch capability
>Therefore we need to destroy the whole base
Engineering 101, duh.
>>
>>319303609
post this every time

think of hiroshima or nagasaki why didnt we just capture it?

cost benefit thats why
>>
>>319312321
Why would they want to make great games?

Great games cost more money to make with minimal increase of profits because only small part of audience actually cares.

Beth is an AAA company, money is #1 goal. You can bet your ass if vidya wasn't such a good buisness they would stop making them.
Making great products is not what business is about.
>>
>>319313419
>think of hiroshima or nagasaki why didnt we just capture it?
Because they were just some shitty towns without any real value, in the middle of fucking enemy territory?

Are you fucking stupid?
>>
>>319313582
Hiroshima was a large port town and Nagasaki was filled with factories making bullets
>>
>>319312321
i see. so you're saying fire everyone and start a new studio.

Don't think they wana do that.
>>
>>319313582
idk you have to be pretty fucking stupid to assault a fixed position when you have the means to terminate the enemy
>>
>>319313419
America didn't have a dude in power armour that could single handily fuck up the whole occupying force.
>>
>>319307519

botherhood is a bunch of fascist war mongering retards. Kill them all.
>>
>>319307945
wait really? I remember walking into the base and literally killing every last thing that moves. was I supposed to not get detected or was I supposed to blend in with them or something? It's been forever since I played it though I cant remember
>>
>>31931383
>>319313861
>Hiroshima was a large port town and Nagasaki was filled with factories making bullets
Yes, in fucking Japan.

Also you both seem to miss the fact that bombing of the Hiroshima or Nagasaki was just a way to make Japan surrender and end the war, not completly destroy it.

If you can't see a difference between nuking a piece of extremely valuable piece of technology not possible to be reproduced at the time by an organization supposed to hoard fucking technology and nuking 2 shitty towns to force a surrender and stop the war then you shouldn't fucking post, it's a terrible analogy.
>>
>>319314585
It's not to scale, like everything else in the game
>>
Okay, I might have missed something, but I didn't really get what The Institute did and why.
They were crazy about creating synths... why? Were the synths supposed to replace humans? Were they trying to create a slave race? Create synths that could breed with humans and grow up like a normal human?
They kept going on about how they were the best option for humanity's survival, but didn't really have any arguments other than them being more advanced than humanity.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.