[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sony had most successful Black Friday in company history
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 1832022_1.jpg (20 KB, 540x309) Image search: [Google]
1832022_1.jpg
20 KB, 540x309
>The PS4 has become the fastest-selling home console ever, exceeding the early performance of the PlayStation 2
>Andrew House, president and global chief executive of Sony Computer Entertainment, said at the weekend that he expected the PS4 to match or outpace the PS2's sales in its first three to five years.
>"We've just seen the most successful Black Friday in the company's history," he said in an interview with the Financial Times. "We are now trying to benchmark against the success of the PlayStation 2 - or exceed it if possible."

Source:
http://www.afr.com/technology/gadgets/home-entertainment/sonys-ps4-stays-ahead-of-the-pack-20151206-glgyc3
>>
>PS2 sold on PS1 legacy and actual games.
>PS4 sold on PS2 legacy and advertising.
I'm grumpy and bitter.
>>
We did it bros!

#4theplayers
>>
>>319301172
>>The PS4 has become the fastest-selling home console ever,

By it's 2nd year the Wii had sold 70 million units

By it's 2nd year the PS4 has sold just over 30 million units.
>>
>Wii sells a lot due to interesting new mechanics, great games and general excitement from the public
>It's a casual console
>Playstation 4 sells a lot despite not innovating at all, having have no games, and only being bought due to brand recognition.
>#4theplayers!

Lol. Sony really has nothing going for them: Every notable third party company they relied on since their inception are either leaving gaming entirely or becoming trash, their first party devs are more interested in making movies than games, and we're already seeing Wii U games outsell notable PS4 games, despite the huge gap in hardware sales.

Once PS4 sales drop off, they will really have nothing going for them. PSNow was a disaster, the company as a whole is a wreck and yet no one is talking about that.
>>
>>319303278
>By it's 2nd year the Wii had sold 70 million units

Bullshit. It had sold 45 million. Lifetime sales were just over 100 million, well short of the PS2.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_sales
>>
Relevant to the thread

>>319304568
>>
Damn, wish I had more games to play instead of looking at sales charts though.
>>
File: psx2015inanutshell.webm (842 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
psx2015inanutshell.webm
842 KB, 854x480
>Sony just had worst conference in company history
>>
I hate this fat greedy jew damn.

Anyways, I don't understand what people are even playing on the ps4, xbox and wii u. All the games fucking blow
>>
>>319304457
>waggle
>innovation

kek
>>
>>319304457

>Wii sells a lot due to interesting new mechanics, great games and general excitement from the public

Wii sold a lot because of soccer moms and causals buying it for the wagglan shit. Also, besides WarioWare every fucking game was made worse by motion controls, and yes, I'm including metroid prime in this judgement.
>>
File: 1447272862890555.png (32 KB, 789x805) Image search: [Google]
1447272862890555.png
32 KB, 789x805
>>319301172
DELETE THIS
>>
>>319304846
>all this butthurt and this is all you can manage

you fit right in
>>
gaming is dead
>>
File: 1080p60fpsorgivemedeath.jpg (627 KB, 1690x1414) Image search: [Google]
1080p60fpsorgivemedeath.jpg
627 KB, 1690x1414
>>319301752

You should be
>>
>>319304846
Who cares about having good conferences or even games when you're winning the console wars?
>>
>>319305490
>Explotation of fond memories and a stupid fan base.
Isnt that all gaming devices? More so nintendo?
>>
>brags about hardware sales
>never brags about software sales

i wonder what the attach rate of the PS4 is

I'm willing to be less than four.
>>
>>319307663

Nintendo actually revels in their nostalgia while cashing in on it. Their whole model revolves around people wanting to play the same garbage they've played for their entire lives.

Sony, by comparison has no nuance and is just blatantly cashing in on nostalgia and good feels since the time is right.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.