[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Try out System Shock 2 >Go for agility + melee and PSI,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
>Try out System Shock 2
>Go for agility + melee and PSI, full ninja build
>Jumping around at sanic speeds, chopping people up and blasting them with magic powers
>Some of the most fun I've had in vidya for years

>Try Bioshock afterwards
>Everything is slow as fuck
>No inventory system
>Lame weapons
>Story is practically the same story System Shock 2 had, only dumber
>Bored as fuck and uninstall after a few hours

Okay
ANYONE who says games haven't gotten worse are just clueless by now

It's not nostalgia, games were genuinely better before

What the fuck went so wrong with this industry?
>>
>>319299928
cry me a river hipster.
>>
>>319299928
Casualized console bullshit.
>>
^
>>
Seeing people complain Bioshock Infinite was dumbed down from Bioshock 1 was pretty hilarious

Karma strikes back, I guess
>>
File: 1445755093131.png (43 KB, 385x384) Image search: [Google]
1445755093131.png
43 KB, 385x384
>>319299928
>2015
>Try out System Shock 2
>>
>>319299928

It's hard to play fast paced FPS on consoles. Which why console FPS focus on stop and pop rather than going sanic commando like in doom.
>>
>>319300214
?
>>
>>319299928
>mfw you can actually damage yourself if you run too fast into a wall
>>
7th generation consoles man. They brought gaming to the filthy stupid masses and they ofcourse started to dumb down shit so the shitters could get their experiences.
>>
>>319300203
bioshock was a "spiritual successor" to The SS series.
I don't believe it even had anyone from the original team work on it.
Infinite on the other hand is a straight up sequel to Bioshock 1 and 2 and it fucking blew 7 ways from Sunday.
They couldn't harness what made 1 and 2 pretty ok to good games when they slapped together that turd.
>>
>>319299928
I like SS1 more.
>>
>>319301532
There's Ken Levine, who's probably the only link between the two.
>>
>>319301850
System Shock 1 was some good shit, didn't expect it to be so fun.
>>
>>319301850
>>319302264
I tried to play it about 5 years ago, controls and other shit were just too archaic for me.

I'm going to give the remake a shot for sure though.
>>
>>319302540
Takes like 10 minutes to figure out the controls. It's not that bad.
>>
>Play Bioshock in 2007, decent game but don't get what the fuss is about
>Play Bioshock: Infinite in 2013, it's shit
>Play System Shock 2 a year ago, feels like a more more polished Bioshock, but still don't get what the fuss is about these games.

I don't get it /v/. The story wasn't that good in either game. I feel like all these pseudophilosophical shit is just there for muh deep story. Why are these games considered masterpieces?
>>
>>319302540
Get the mouse-look mod and all problems are solved.
>>
>>319302694
You should have played it at relase.
>>
>>319303006
Nah SS2 is still great even if you play it for the first time today.
>>
>>319299928
Inb4 that one guy who insists people play SS1
>>
>>319302694

Underwater city bruh. bioshock was a decent theme park ride. I don't know why you think SS2 is more polished when those RPG mechanics are hugely redundant and shooting mechanics is the same as the pixel FPS like doom and quake.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.