[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Far Cry 3 was one of my favorite games of 2012. Is pic related
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
Far Cry 3 was one of my favorite games of 2012. Is pic related any good? I can get it on PC for about $20.
Also Far Cry thread I guess.
>>
First FC game I played was 4. I liked it and bought the first 3 on steam. I actually liked 3 better.

New gadgets and shit in 4, but 3 has the better storyline/characters. 3 felt a little more involved/primal.

Going from 4 to 3 to back to 4 made 4 feel like an attempt to mainstream the game and take away its personality.
>>
That's really what I was afraid of. Going from 2 to 3, they really had to put some work into it, since there was so much time between them (plus 2 was garbage anyways). Since 3 was such a success, they didn't have to put as much work into 4.
>>
I really enjoyed FC3 and they did an amazing job with Vaas Montenegro. So I decided to buy far cry 4. It ended up that I didn't finish the game. It felt totally different...
>>
4 is just a better more refined 3 with a lot of the bullshit fixed and a few cool additions
>>
>>319294834
While this is true, unfortunately 90% of the content is from 3 and had already fully stayed its welcome before 3 was over.
>>
Far Cry 4 feels just like Far Cry 3 gameplay-wise. It's nothing mind blowing, but still solid. If you enjoyed the gameplay of FC3, you will enjoy the gameplay of FC4.

The story and all that stuff is much more bare bones than in FC3. So if you enjoyed Vaas shenanigans and all of that, you won't be satisfied with FC3.

So yeah, if you can't get enough of it, get Far Cry 4. But if you want another big step forwards like from FC 3 to 4, save your money instead.
>>
>>319294056
I liked both, but fc3 is definitely better. If you go in with lowered expectations you should enjoy fc4.

My sister recently asked to borrow my copies of the game and I made sure to give her fourth game first. She loves it. After she's done I'll let her borrow fc3.
>>
They're all shit after the first far Cry/Crysis
>>
File: jackchoke.png (310 KB, 624x352) Image search: [Google]
jackchoke.png
310 KB, 624x352
>>319294056
Am I wrong for now wanting to buy 4 cause it's not set on an island? I feel like taking place on an island is an integral part to the series and feel like it would just bug me not being able to speed around on jet skis or speedboats.
>>
FC2 was very good (Exept those FUCKING OUTPOSTS)
3 was very meh. Can't believe 4th one will be any better.
>>
>>319296721
I just think the unique settings are cool. Not many games are set on tropical islands, or south Asian mountains. I think Far Cry is more about sneaking around, being a badass killing machine, and the god-tier graphics.
>>
FC4 was pretty much the same as FC3 with a better setting, and a not-terrible MC.

There's almost no reason to play 3 if there's 4. But there's even less of a reason to play both.
>>
It's pretty much far cry 3 in nepal. I liked it.
>>
File: Mammoth_Hunt_GOLD_1080p_221522.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Mammoth_Hunt_GOLD_1080p_221522.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
Anyone hype for primal? Seems pretty neat but the graphics don't really strike me as next gen.
>>
>>319297580
I'm not sure about Primal. It looks like an interesting setting, but one of the main gameplay features is controlling animals. One of my favorite parts of the other Far Cry games was how the animals were such a huge threat.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.