[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
have you joined him?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault (5).jpg (160 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (5).jpg
160 KB, 1920x1080
-
-
on Reddit everyone did

just saying
-
-
-
>>
>>319288632
No he's a faggot. Most of all I regret not being able to slam on his face that I'm only destroying the Institute because they fucked me over, not for the Commonwealth and not for any faction I've joined.
>>
>>319288632
i just wanted to pull my rifle and shoot the fucker in the face.
>>
>>319288632

>Reddit sided with the Underground fedoras who do nothing but spout 'DUDE science lmao' and 'science bitch! XD'

Big surprise there
>>
>>319288632

>storm in with the brotherhood
>shoot him on sight

kek
he couldnt even say a word
>>
No, I killed that fag.
When he invites you to the division heads meeting after bunker hill I threw a grenade under the conference table, killing them all.
>>
>>319292264

kek i always meant to go back and murder him before he can say hes your son and see what it does to the main quest
>>
>>319291989
>not siding with your flesh and blood
>being a kekold
>>
I want to join The Brotherhood just because I like the Prydwen, but I want Banecoat.

What the fuck Todd
>>
>actually thinking robots can have emotions and feelings and just aren't merely programmed to act like they have them

This isn't you is it?
>>
only because railroad was laughable and I can't in good conscious do a BoS run because it's just servility and nodding while you do their shitty fag work

>dude tech lmao
>nukes the institute

I'm doing a minuteman run now, I don't really want to kill Shaun but oh well. I'll just tell myself he was misguided, knows nothing about the surface and the Institute will go rogue or some shit after father/mothers death.
>>
>>319292478

>what are console commands are for
>>
>>319288632
>Brotherhood
Be more of a yes man than you already are
>Railroad
SJW
>Institute
Underground circlejerk but they have androids

All the choices suck although the institute is the least worst.
>>
>>319292578
How is that different from hoomans
>>
>>319288632
Looks like Reddit is better than /v/.

Just saying.
>>
>>319292961
When you say humans, do you include non-whites??
>>
>>319293363
no_
>>
>>319288632
I only joined the railroad atter finding out Danse was a synth and the conundrum that presented to me.

They are for the most part toaster freedom fighters but I liked what they were trying to do.
>>
Everything about this thread is upsetting, you should all kill yourselves.
>>
>>319288632
>not joining the best faction.
Come on, out of the 4, institute is the best option
>>
>>319292478

> Spawn coatcoat
> Wear gas mask
> Storm institue

"Ah yes! Your precious armory"
>>
File: tumblr_njjn8iN4jO1rfqtero1_400.jpg (16 KB, 281x349) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_njjn8iN4jO1rfqtero1_400.jpg
16 KB, 281x349
>Institute are killing people and replacing them with robots
>Brotherhood of Steel thinks this is wrong and attempts to stop it
>In 1980 this was the premise of Terminator and was considered to be a bad thing
>In 2015 you are a bigot and a Nazi for siding with the Brotherhood

Will 2016 be the year people campaign for Toaster rights?
>>
>>319288632
>find out what he is
>join him immediately
>start my crusade as I kill every human in the commonwealth
>>
>>319294067
Blaming the oft harmless terminators themselves iswhere the Brotherhood is wrong.

Whereas the Railroad is wrong is treating all synths like innocents.
>>
>>319288632
>make minutemen biggest faction in the Commonwealth
>build artillery
>call airstrikes on all my enemies
Brotherhood has the best quests, tho
>>
File: Smurfs.jpg (222 KB, 800x566) Image search: [Google]
Smurfs.jpg
222 KB, 800x566
>>319288632
I sided with the Institute because:

- Only group with real means to rebuild the world.
- Sole Survivor is basically god with 10 in all Special, maxed Science perks and everything else
- Become their leader and can change the direction they are going, eventually.
- Sole Survivor with Blood of Lorenzo Cabot and some other perks is immortal.
- Even if Father was a dick and a idiot he was still your son and the Institute has plenty of normal scientists and people that want to help others out.

BoS are fanatics that care only about themselves.

Railroad are ridiculous #SynthLivesMatter

Minuteman can ally with the Institute.

The Institute is the only correct option for the greater good.
>>
>>319292398
he gets replaced by some random institute dude and the game goes on
>>
>>319292398
>I've done this.
Literally nothing.
It just tells you to exist the institute and the quest line continues as if nothing happened.
>>
>>319292920
>minutemen
>literally just you running and your own personal army
>not the best choice
>>
>>319292578
>Putting emotion on synths
>Criticize the Railroad for "liberating Nuka Cola machines"

I mean, I hate the Railroad like any other fellow, but man, the Institute lacks self awareness.
>>
>>319294649
>Become their leader and can change the direction they are going, eventually.
>people actually believe this
>>
>>319292961
Humans have immortal souls. Synths are automatons, just like animals and insects.
>>
>>319295160
>Humans have immortal souls
kek
>>
>>319295220
>JIDF detected
>>
>>319294649
I sided with BoS because:

Institute are reckless, FEV experiments, creating synths which are basically better than humans in every, because that has never backfired, ever.
Also, they are selfish as fuck, if not more selfish than BoS. Locking them selves in their underground bunker to let everything else die on the surface.

Railroad are literally retarded. They are based on the underground railroad, but the things they are saving are literally not people so it's a false equivalence.

Minutemen don't give a shit.

Also.
Sole Survivor is basically god with 10 in Endurance Science and Charisma, maxed Nuclear Scientist perk LOL INFINITE GATLING LASER AND POWER ARMOR

BoS is the only correct option for the greater good.
>>
>>319295257
>believing in souls
>being jewish/ christian/ islamic
>/reddit/
>>
>>319294649
>Become their leader and can change the direction they are going, eventually.
not in this game.
>>
>>319295125
Why not really? If father was able to do it then why not the Sole Survivor, besides as I said you are immortal and the smartest person in the Institute.

Eventually you will take control, replace the opposition, introduce your allies to the Institute and get shit done.

Unless you are a beta faggot. You're not are you?
>>
>>319295446
>literally following a Jewish created and Jewish pushed ideology

Good Goy
>>
>>319294649
>>319295547

>Implying you could do anything to change their minds
>Implying the Institute scientists see you as anything but a stupid wastelander
If you had 10 int and they respected your genius, thats one thing, but they don't give a fuck and think you're a retard who just doesn't understand.

You can believe your bullshit headcannon all you want, but none of what you say is even hinted at being true.
>>
>>319295391
BoS are also selfish and destroy what they cannot understand.

They took apart Rivet City to get their ship to the Commonwealth.

Notice that the BoS that is in this game are shouting 'For Elder Maxson' and not for The Brotherhood. They are just fanatics.

Probably the Sole Survivor can influence stuff after the events of the game and become a Elder later on, or just tell Maxson what to do since he listens to you more or less, but still.

>>319295492
I thought we are talking about the events after the game and possibilities.
>>
>>319288632

I immediately killed him after seeing the synth Shaun, because my character hates Synths and got really mad that her son was dead/turned into a synth
>>
>>319295547
In the quest "A House Divided" quest, people are literally protesting against you and shit. And when you're named shaun's successor the rest of the board is super butthurt. do you think that people would sit by and let you change everything about the institute?

"Hey, this fucker's not as cool as his dad said he was, let's just kill him"
>>
>>319295391
The shit the BoS did in this game made no sense and they were still the best faction though that doesn't say anything.

>Show open disdain towards any abuses of technology
>BoS characters comment about how they hate prewar corporations or screwing with technology to the extent that it caused armageddon
>They then unironicly tell you to go collect nukes for their Metal Gear nuclear bipedal robot
>The robot throws nuclear fucking bombs at common enemies all the way from their base to the institute in a huge anti-climax event.
>Liberty Gear totally ruins what should have been a solid man vs. machine motif
>>
First run was Brotherhood by accident (new to Fallout in general). Started a new game a little later and ran with the Railroad. Like it, especially Deacon as a companion, chill as fuck generally.

Having said that I don't love any of the factions but they all have their pros and cons.
>>
>>319295649
There are a great many that would follow you.

Allie Filmore, the Thompsons, the weapons chick, those who rebelled if you spared them and more I cant remember.

>You can believe your bullshit headcannon all you want, but none of what you say is even hinted at being true.

You cant tell anyone you are immortal, you cant tell them you are smarter than they are and PROVE IT etc.

You cant do many things due to the game dialogue system.

I assume you liked it and would respond and do everything what Todd tells you in real life also?
>>
>>319296240
>Deacon
Am i the only one who hated that guy?
Fuckin' liar.

Strong and X6-88 is where it's at.
>>
>>319292421
>nit siding with brotherhood
It's like you don't want a purge
>>
>>319296628
Thats why this game is so shit. nothing meaningful or interesting about the different factions.

just
>muh science
>muh kill technology
>muh robots are humans
>muh freedom

so vapid

Also No racism. Do Bethesda really think in a post apocalyptic world people won't be racist?
>>
>>319297502
>insttitue
>not racist
kek it's also the only place where people have blue eyes.
>>
>>319296338
>There are a great many that would follow you
It's great that you think so. Let's talk facts here: how many actual choices did they allow you to make at that meeting when you were made directorate? One that didn't change anything and another that forced you into a violent option because you aren't actually in control.

>You cant do many things due to the game dialogue system.
Welcome to the problem with joining the Institute. There were maybe two Charisma checks and only one mattered, barely. You could have convinced them to do many things, but you can't and don't. They tell you how things are gonna be and you have to deal with it. But no, you're definitely gonna change things. Sure.

The Minutemen recognize you as capable and follow you instantly with great success. The Brotherhood of Steel are too set in their ways to change, but the potential (killing Maxson and becoming the leader) was cut from the game anyway. Didn't actually do the Railroad because I don't give a shit about them, but Deacon and others acknowledged your abilities. The Institute undermines you at almost every turn.

>I assume you liked it and would respond and do everything what Todd tells you in real life also?
I don't know what the fuck you're trying to say here, but it doesn't surprise me how retarded it sounds coming from someone who believes their own fanfiction over actual in-game events.

>>319297502
Ghouls were basically banished from Diamond City, if that counts for anything.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.