[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are these threads going to be filled with nonstop shitposting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 700x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 700x350
Are these threads going to be filled with nonstop shitposting for the next couple of months?

>EPISODIC RELEASE? FUCKING DROPPED

So you're not going to wait until all the episodes are done?
>>
>>319283105
Are you going to nonstop bitch about people giving their criticism of how SE is handling the project?
>>
>>319283934
None of this shit will matter once all the parts are released so why bother?
>>
>>319284626
Yes it will.

It will affect the game as whole. It's not a stand-alone experience like it should be.

I don't want to wait months for each episode. It's absolute bullshit.
>>
>>319284970
What? Once all parts are released it will be standalone

Heck they are obviously going to to an FF7R collection where you can get all the episodes at once too once they are all out, it would then be just like changing discs in FF7 itself
>>
>>319285023
What the fans want:
>A traditional JRPG adventure with an open-world world map, freely traversable once you attain the necessary vehicle
>A quest to save Gaia from an inpending Meteor on their own pace. An epic quest taking 50 to 100 game hours.

What we will get:
>Clear the first Midgar section of the game, after running through hours of linear corridors:
>THE STORY CONTINUES IN EPISODE 2... COMING OUT NOVEMBER 2019!

I'd rather they finish the whole thing and pay 100$ for it than buy it in 20$ episodes for years to come.
>>
I've never followed an episodic game before, how long does it usually take between episode releases? On average
>>
>>319283105
See, since we are all willing to wait for the full game, rather than get the episodes as they are being released, isn't this kinda ironic? I mean they could just waited. Them money hungry japs
>>
>>319285023
No, you don't understand
It will not be the Telltale games kind of episodic, it will be like Kingdom Hearts, separate games
>>
>>319285769
That's even more stupid.
>>
>>319283105
It's going to calm down eventually until the next new info is released and then shitpost will start again
>>
File: cat (2).jpg (58 KB, 460x611) Image search: [Google]
cat (2).jpg
58 KB, 460x611
>>319285769
>"Hey, FFVIII got pretty massive... damn we are barely half way here"
>"Wait... wait.... i got an idea."
>"Well, say it you dumfuck."
>"All listen... what if... we release the game... in parts?"
>"No way. Fans are going to crucify us. Are you a madman?"
>"Just... wait until i finish you fucktard... what if we make a trilogy? it will be like FFXIII all over again"
>"Anon, people hated FFXIII"
>"But it sold out."

Thus we'll get FFVII in episodes.
>>
File: ffvii rerelease strategy.jpg (52 KB, 640x565) Image search: [Google]
ffvii rerelease strategy.jpg
52 KB, 640x565
>>
>>319286996
This
>>
>>319287117
>someone took the time to make this
This is why I love this place.
>>
Yeah I'll love waiting 3 years after the first episode is released for my full game
>>
>>319287117
>implying they all wouldn't be 59.99
>>
Isn't FF7 beatable in 15 hours or something?
Why split it up if the game is short?
>>
File: 1355606523981.jpg (45 KB, 625x540) Image search: [Google]
1355606523981.jpg
45 KB, 625x540
>>319283105
Peoples who are mad about this don't know shit about videogames and how they're made.
>>
>>319287425
Because they want FF7R to be 3 full games worth of content
>>
>>319287425
Tons of games are "beatable" in very little time if you don't actually want to play them.
>>
>>319287117
This is the future fanboys chose.

This is why you don't beg for unnecessary remakes.

We've warned you all.

Now time to suck that big cut content cock.
>>
File: 518319512.jpg (31 KB, 529x502) Image search: [Google]
518319512.jpg
31 KB, 529x502
>>319287464
>implying consumers need to know how a product is made
>implying consumers care about anything other than the final released product

The shilling intensifies.
>>
File: 1449491126385.jpg (149 KB, 640x802) Image search: [Google]
1449491126385.jpg
149 KB, 640x802
>>
>>319287931
hue
>>
>>319287464
Of course we do, we expect the whole game we already know exists. This practice is just jewing the consumer mr.shill.
>>
>>319285395
FFVIIR will probably be extremely linear anyway. I don't think there will be open world or anything like that.
>>
>>319283105

>So you're not going to wait until all the episodes are done?

It will probably take a decade at least until they all are out and reasonably discounted. I doubt i'll still care by then
>>
how many shills work with you OP?
curiosity because you can't keep the same shilling of this shit on the same thread
>>
>>319287425
i doubt theres many games that last more than 12 hours if you just want to "get the fuck over with it"
>>
>>319287873
Then I guess you'll love the final product and finaly understand why the fuck they're doing this and how wrong you are.

I'm not even chilling, I hate the graphics and designs and how they're keeping the same musics. I'm just saying they're making the best and most logical choice in cutting the game up.
>>
>>319288150
No you fucking retard, they said it themselves, a fully 3D FF7 on this level of detail would be a digest and it's easily understandable if you know how videogames are made Mr Ignorant Casual.
>>
Do you guys have any idea of the budget required to make this game ever live up to its name, I doubt they can afford to do all that shit at once

Reminder that FF7 - an 18 year old game, remains the third highest budget title of all time

If you're that mad I'm sure you can all wait for the Ultima edition, which is what will most likely end up on other platforms after PS4
>>
>Start episode 2
>Completely locked out of episode 1
>Can't go back, revisit old places, fight older monsters, stock up on items or buy older gear

I'm afraid this will happen.
>>
>>319288860
Not if the parts install on top of the base game. It would be easy to do.
>>
>>319288764
>Announce a game that goes completely above your financial and developer competence

wow good job Square Enix
>>
Any real bitching about this change boils down to "WHY DO THINGS HAVE TO CHAAAAANGE?!"

I get it, I'm a huge FFVII fan. It's fucking Square Enix. Every decision they've announced has made me incredibly concerned. Yes, this could result in the game being terrible shit, but I highly doubt making the game episodic would really ruin the whole thing. It is more likely that the story or gameplay changes would cause this than splitting the game into parts.

Is it anti consumer? Yeah, probably. It isn't like this hasn't been done before though. Just look at Starcraft 2, and The Hobbit. Only the latter was really terrible though (apart from costing 3x as much as it should) and that was only because they turned a small book into 9 hours of movie.

Will it suck? Maybe, but it won't be because of how they decide to release the content. It'll be the content itself.
>>
>>319289005
No one else can remake FF7 fully in one shot. Beside there's several developers on this, not just Square.
>>
>>319289087
How's it feel to have a hand that far up your ass?
>>
>>319289087
>WHY DO THINGS HAVE TO CHANGE! BAWW"
then fucking call it different if you want to change it
i don't make a car with 30 wheels and call it a car because fuck logic
>>
>>319289116
>No one else can remake FF7 fully in one shot.

By your own statement nobody, not even SE, can.

Then the announcement was a fucking retarded idea. And this split concept just further cements the image that SE has incredible project management problems.

You're not helping improving their image in the slightest.
>>
>>319283105
you bet your ass
>>
If you think it was possible to cram all of FFVII into one game in this day and age, with modern voice acting and graphics, you either didn't play the original or don't know anything about how video games are made.

The only question is whether they're actually splitting it up because they're preserving all the original's content, or if each episode will be 5 hours total. But we can't possibly know that yet.
>>
>>319289342
Yeah that's the point, that's why their cutting the game up genius.
It's either this or a "digest" game without any feature up to the standars you should expect of today's videogames.
Think realistically you piece of shit, game development isn't magic.
>>
>>319289415
It's fucking crazy the number of retards who simply don't get it at all, I'm impressed.
>>
>>319289508
I guess GTA should have been Episodes as well.
Or Even Witcher 3.
>>
>>319283934
>people giving their criticism of how SE is handling the project?
So far their reasons have been "fine" on why they're splitting it. They want to release this as fast as possible and keep as much from the original game and expand on it.Not to mention they've talked about doing something like this in their last investor meeting. And it's not like there's no precedent, what with Duscae and 2.8 being a thing now.

Right now the thing that one should be worried about is how they'll balance the episode play time/price balance
>>
>>319289662
GTA or the Witcher made the way FF7 PS1 was would be 5 hour long idiot.
>>
>>319289662
There's no cities in TW3 with the level of complexity that Midgard should have. And then the rest of FF7's setting is completely different, with a lot completly different cities and entire dungeons on top of the world map, so no cheating with reused asset that TW3 and GTA do

And GTA, even 5 is basically 2 big cities with barely no interiors and that's it. You played FF7, you know how many interiors the game has in comparison.
>>
>>319289662
>all those major locations
>all those sidequests
>all that optional dialog
>that overworld
>underwater
>all those minor locations
>all those minigames

FFVII was three discs for a reason.

The average AAA game nowadays is 30-50GB, so FFVII Remake will probably be like 200GB of textures and audio files.
>>
>>319291293
>of textures and audio files
compresiĆ³n fucking shill you know exists?
>>
>>319291605
>missing his point entirely
Hilarious
>>
>>319291605
>ignore entire post
>focus on exactly one portion
>call him a shill

Yep
>>
>Game was too big for 1990s tech
>Release on three discs for regular price

>Game is too big for 2010s tech
>Make releases episodic

What's so hard about making a full game and releasing it on two or three discs once more?
>>
>>319285023
>Cost: 200$
no ty
>>
>>319283934

OP here

>criticism

Where? All I've seen so far are a bunch of fucking tears.

How do you guys know already know how much these episodes will be?

If Square released this as a single game, there would be more content cut from the game, and YOU would be up in arms about it.

Again, if you have a problem with episodic games, then just wait until they're all done. I don't see the fucking problem.
>>
>>319292247
>If Square released this as a single game, there would be more content cut from the game, and YOU would be up in arms about it.

>>319291932
>>
>>319292247

>How do you guys know already know how much these episodes will be?

How do you guys already know*

I literally just woke up
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.